• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

nothing much to do here actually. you can find good, fresh and cheap tuna easily. the food in rancheros is pretty nice. try their baby back ribs, yummy!

East Asia Royale is the hotel of choice and relatively affordable compared to other hotels in Davao or Cebu. it's also conveniently located near the more "sosyal"gimmick areas which is basically a few steps from the hotel itself. ingat lang since the last time i was there i saw a lot of "happy"men who can be mistaken for girls kung medyo sobrang lasing ka na. good thing i did not drink that much the last time i was there! haha!

If you can arrange transport, you can go to Dole golf course and eat in their resto. I think the area is called Calsangi? The weather is MUCH, MUCH better there compared to GenSan since it's in the foothills of the volcano.

I totally agree with Danny_Bravo, go to Gumasa, Glan in Saranggani province. Excellent white sand beaches. You can get an airconditioned room by the beach for less than 2K. Going there, try to grab a bite to eat at Isla Parilla. Try their sizzling seargeant fish, you won't regret it!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lustfortravel
East Asia Royale is the hotel of choice and relatively affordable compared to other hotels in Davao or Cebu.

I totally agree with Danny_Bravo, go to Gumasa, Glan in Saranggani province. Excellent white sand beaches. You can get an airconditioned room by the beach for less than 2K. Going there, try to grab a bite to eat at Isla Parilla. Try their sizzling seargeant fish, you won't regret it!

i agree with the other posters - east asia royale hands down. it's a bit old and musty but it's better than other places in the city.

gumasa beach is beautiful, albeit isolated. i'm attaching a photo :

post-119536-1212914872.jpg

Edited by lustfortravel
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Just for kicks, I recently stayed at the "Road Haus Hotel" or otherwise known as the "Manny Pacquiao Hotel".

There are hardly any guest, I estimate a 3% - 5% occupancy rate.

Compared to other major hotels, the location is quite a distant from the commercial area,

room rates is kinda pricey given that its has no premium to offer except that the establishment bears

the name of the famous boxer.

Breakfast served was terrible.

• 11 months later...

One of the nice place sa Pinas, Gensan.

Greenleaf Hotel, OK dun. The best hotel in gensan. located right across SM mall gensan. the resto right inside the hotel premises offers the best chinese cuisine in the city. rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. an amazing place to be if you are in the city on business or pleasure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...