Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

I have high respects for Pacquiao as a boxer. And I certainly don't like the arrogance of PBF. But when it comes to boxing, PBF is also a great fighter. In the betting world, odds are stacked against Manny. In the boxing world, analysts also say that PBF is a cerebral counter puncher and Pac might have difficulty with that. To add, PBF is bigger.

As a Filipino, it would be sacrilege to go for Gayweather. But honestly, the strength and stamina of Pac might be put in question when he faces an opponent who likes to run rings. As fast as Pac is, PBF is also fast on his feet and can also hit jabs.

I want Pacman to win, but this fight would be tough, IMO. He comes in as the P4P king but many say he is the underdog if this pushes through. Atsaka yung umiiwas si Mayweather, some analysts say, that baka si Manny pa nga daw ang umiiwas dahil yung grounds sa blood testing ay hindi naman makakaapekto sa laban. Mayweather might be using mind-games vs. Pacman, considering that Pacman might be superstitious with the blood thingie. But honestly, a cerebral fighter uses tactics such as these to get an advantage.

Pac is a slugger. Mayweather is cerebral. Pac is unorthodox but Mayweather is a counter puncher. He defends well. They nullify each other, IMO. To say that Pac will knock him out cold is not a sure thing. We say that coz we love him, as a Pinoy. I would want him to knock out Mayweather's arrogance. But to say that Mayweather will be KO'ed? I would not go that far. Like it or not, this is a 50/50 fight, IMO.

Alam natin ang advantage ni Manny. But may advantage din si Mayweather eh. And that is the reality.

PBF's 41-0 record is not something to take lightly. While Pac's 7 titles in 7 weight divisions are also something not take for-granted, we have to know that there is a reason why this fight is considered to be the most hihgly anticipated fight in boxing history. Two names, brother, Mayweather and Pacquiao. Nuff said.

Edited by revi

Hindi lang naman si Mayweather ang mukhang nagpapahirap mag push ang fight na ito si Manny rin eh...pumayag man sya sa conditioned sa drug testing...pero may balita na gusto nya na mas malaki ang percentage nya sa fight purse ng laban na ito....something na 60-40 for him...Do you think Mayweather will buy that...ayaw man nating sa kanya sya pa rin PPV king...Si Manny Pound for Pound king nga...pero sa boxing ngayon...mas importante ang money kesa title!

Well... Pacman is not PPV bust either. Mayweather may have bigger PPV buys than Pacman for now but there's no denying that Pacman can sell PPV's as well. His fight with Clottey drew between 700-800 thousand buys. As much as it is way below the buys for the Mayweather-Mosley fight, that fight in Texas featured only one big name - Pacquiao's. Mayweather is a PPV magnet but part of the buys for his last fight is because of Mosley's who is a "star" in boxing as well. Let's not forget that Pacman also sold tickets out (50,000-plus) for the venue. Let's hope that the fight happens. So Manny can shut Floyd's mouth for good! ;)

Got this sa Yahoo news. I guess you might have read this na rin.

'Mayweather must drop drug ruse if he wants Pacquiao fight'

MANILA, Philippines – Filipino sports analyst Joaquin “Quinito” Henson thinks there is only one way for a Manny Pacquiao-Mayweather Jr. match to push through, and that is for Floyd to stop insisting on Olympic-style drug tests for the Filipino boxing champion.

“I think dapat ma-realize ni Mayweather na hindi siya dapat ang magdikta kung anong mga kundisyones ng laban,” said Henson, who is also a sports columnist for The Philippine Star.

Henson said only an athletic commission, which sets the rules for boxing matches, can impose such conditions on Pacquiao.

“Dapat ang magdikta ‘yung boxing commission that has the authority and sanctioning approval power over the fight,” he said.

Drug bogey Henson thinks Mayweather’s camp may have “cooked up" the drug demand so it would have an excuse not to have the March fight against Pacquiao.

“I think ‘yung drug testing story that he has is a ruse, I thought it was a drug bogey… He may not want to admit na hindi pa niya kayang labanan si Manny so he came up with something like that which is crazy,” he said.

Henson said that it is ironic for Mayweather to make such demand since it is his family which allegedly has a history of illegal drug use.

“You know, waving the anti-drug flag is so unlike Mayweather because his father, his uncle, his whole family has been involved in drugs ever since, so I find it really strange," he said.

‘Manny-Floyd fight has to happen’

Hall of Famer boxing great “Sugar” Ray Leonard, meanwhile, thinks the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight should take place soon to settle who really is the best.

"They both are letting people call them pound-for-pound. They both are considered pound-for-pound right now. They've got to fight each other to prove who's the best, pound-for-pound – fact,” Leonard told Grand Rapids Press’ David Mayo.

"It's about the money, because boxing's a business. But also, if you want to be considered one of those guys, you've got to put up. That's a fight that appears to be inevitable at some point in time, hopefully sooner than later," he added.

Leonard, who faced the best fighters during his time, like Roberto Duran, Tommy Hearns and Marvin Hagler, said both Pacquiao and Mayweather are fun to watch in the ring.

He said their recent victories have even heightened the interest of boxing fans.

"Both guys, Pacquiao and Mayweather, were quite impressive in their fights, and the anticipation is even greater now, I feel," said Leonard.

"Filipino sports analyst Joaquin “Quinito” Henson thinks there is only one way for a Manny Pacquiao-Mayweather Jr. match to push through, and that is for Floyd to stop insisting on Olympic-style drug tests for the Filipino boxing champion.

“I think dapat ma-realize ni Mayweather na hindi siya dapat ang magdikta kung anong mga kundisyones ng laban,” said Henson, who is also a sports columnist for The Philippine Star.

Henson said only an athletic commission, which sets the rules for boxing matches, can impose such conditions on Pacquiao.

“Dapat ang magdikta ‘yung boxing commission that has the authority and sanctioning approval power over the fight,” he said."

Huhhh? matagal nang walang silbi ang boxing commission sa mga boxing fights...lalo na kung ang mga involved dito ay mga big time fighters like Money and Manny...Si Manny nga eh me mga demand din sa mga fights nya and usually he got it eh..catch weight...Boxing Gloves to use, which is very crucial sa fight. so, asan yung sinasabi ni Henson na dapat boxing commission lang ang me karapatan mag impose ng conditions....Boxing nowadays is Business first. kahit hindi i sanctioned ng boxing commision ang laban hahanap at hahanap ang mga promoter ng ibang lugar at paraan para matuloy ang laban dahil kikita sila.

It's confirmed peeps! Fight of the century is about to happen: Roach says fight will happen

Reactions, predictions, violent reactions. Post it here guys!

I'll go with Manny in the 2nd round, finishing off Gayweather like Mosley should've done. Weeee! B)

around 2nd round siguro aarangkada si manny pero tingin ko sa round 4-5 KO si Mayweather.. round 1 is used by Pacman to gauge and opponent's abilities.

manny on a unanimous decision. mayweather, may bukol magkabilaan

gusto ko pati sa panga... hahaha!!!!

i think Money is gonna win this one.

lahat na nang gulang ilalabas nun pag nakaharap

niya si Pacman.

i'd be impressed if he goes toe-to-toe with Manny.

but, most probably, hit-and-run would be his strategy

in this fight.

uu nga parang may anak na si Mayweather...magulang

Mayweather maybe longer and bigger but I doubt that he packs the power of say, a Miguel Cotto or a Hatton. His power will not be a concern for Pacman. His defense will be the obstacle and with Pacman's rare combination of speed and power, he can only pick his poison - cover himself ala-Clottey and lose a decision or throw punches to keep Pacman at bay and end up like Cotto or Hatton. He cannot run rings around Pacman the way he did against Mosley because Pacman's quick on his feet and his hands... well, imagine haymakers thrown in very, very quick succession, each capable of stopping a natural welterweight.

I want this fight to happen. So Pacman can show Mayweather how complete a fighter he is compared to the one who was beaten by Eric Morales. ^_^

tsaka pag umatake si Pacman, yun yung tipong kahit urunagan mo, aabutan ka pa rin sa huli

^Mani Mayweather is a girl! :lol:

hahaha!! si pareng howard talaga

Unang kailangan mangyari matalo si manny bukas pagka congressman. Pag nanalo siya,tapos na ang boxing.

sana nga matalo sya sa pagka-congressman hahaha!!!

para din kc masisira name nya pag naging congressman sya..

"Filipino sports analyst Joaquin “Quinito” Henson thinks there is only one way for a Manny Pacquiao-Mayweather Jr. match to push through, and that is for Floyd to stop insisting on Olympic-style drug tests for the Filipino boxing champion.

“Dapat ang magdikta ‘yung boxing commission that has the authority and sanctioning approval power over the fight,” he said."

Huhhh? matagal nang walang silbi ang boxing commission sa mga boxing fights...lalo na kung ang mga involved dito ay mga big time fighters like Money and Manny...Si Manny nga eh me mga demand din sa mga fights nya and usually he got it eh..catch weight...Boxing Gloves to use, which is very crucial sa fight. so, asan yung sinasabi ni Henson na dapat boxing commission lang ang me karapatan mag impose ng conditions....Boxing nowadays is Business first. kahit hindi i sanctioned ng boxing commision ang laban hahanap at hahanap ang mga promoter ng ibang lugar at paraan para matuloy ang laban dahil kikita sila.

kahit kailan walang problem sa catch weight. at hindi authority ng tulad ng NSAC ang gloves at weight. Their resposibility is to make sure that each athlete is clean from PED. So kung walang tiwala si Floyd sa isang tulad ng NSAC wag na lang sya lumaban ng boxing. Mag olympic na lang sya, eh since bsness minded sya respetuhin nya ang NSAC. Ngaun sino ang mas demanding? Kaya ang NSAC tahimik kasi una kung papayag si Pacquiao na magpailalim sa USADA masisira din naman ang credibility ng NSAC. At kung ganun isara na lang ang NSAC at iba pa tulad ng NYSAC. Gusto ni Floyd maging malinis ang boxing, i lobby nya, sya mismo mandaraya, maghahamon ng catch weight then papalitan ang contract para makakuha ng mas mababang penalty pag hindi sumunod sa catchweight tapos hindi nya un papaalam sa kalaban nya. Mas brutal na pandaraya un. Ano na nangyari kay Marquez? pagatapos nyang magpakahirap na umabot sa timbang then malalaman nya na si floyd hindi manlang nagpapagod na umabot sa timbang dahil alam nya na naayos na ang fight contract. Ang resulta brutal na talo kay marquez. How about xylocaine, anesthecia na nilalagay sa kamay? kahit mag blood testing lusot yun. dahil legal un sa Nevada kaya nga yaw ni floyd sa texas dahil banned yan sa texas. Madalas talaga ung galit ang magnanakaw sa kapwa magnanakaw. at ang pandaraya eh tulad ng pagnanakaw. Mandaraya si Floyd kaya galit sya sa kapwa nya mandaraya. Sa statistic pinakamadami ang nahuli na nag PED ay american. Sa halos 15 boxer 9 ay american at walang pinoy. Mukhang nagkakamali ng bintang si Foyd.

Well...Inutil na yang mga boxing governing bodies na yan...Bottom line lang naman ngayon dito sa Boxing eh....Whoever brings more money to the fight...sya ang may upper hand sa negotiation. mas importante na popularity over talent. Kaya bagsak na ang popularity ng boxing sa maraming bansa outside ng US, Mexico at Philippines. You can say all the bad things against Mayweather...Ang tanong...Bakit sya pa rin ang PPV king?

its gotta push through for the betting world sake.

for the pass matches its been a lopsided match wherein the bets are very obvious who would win.

having manny and mayweather fight surely the betting will somewhat be unpredictable ( of course for us it will be manny ) still we dont know how the world reacts.

magandang bet to!

Well...Inutil na yang mga boxing governing bodies na yan...Bottom line lang naman ngayon dito sa Boxing eh....Whoever brings more money to the fight...sya ang may upper hand sa negotiation. mas importante na popularity over talent. Kaya bagsak na ang popularity ng boxing sa maraming bansa outside ng US, Mexico at Philippines. You can say all the bad things against Mayweather...Ang tanong...Bakit sya pa rin ang PPV king?

Because people are paying good money just to see that SOB get beaten! ^_^