Hiace or Urvan or Starex

For me (rank accordingly top 1-3)

1. Starex - comfort and sheer driving

2. Urvan - capacity

3. Hiace - space

I think the Starex would be the safest vehicle of the three. The Urvan and Hiace don't have hoods. So if your vehicle slams into another vehicle, chances are you will be pinned in your Hiace or Urvan if you're sitting up front. Iba ang may hood to protect passengers in case of a collision.

• Like (+1) 1

Here's mine in terms of space, comfort, durability and maintenance.

1. Starex - Ride comfort, Spacious (some have swivel type of chair in the passenger side), Coach seat (i think this is for the top of the line).

2. HiAce - Durability

3. Urvan - As per Nissans, they say that they have great AC.

There are also rumors that a new Nissan Grand Estate will be release locally. You might also take a look at it before choosing among the van types.

good day sirs,

in my opinion japanese makers still make the best vehicles around. i would go for the hi ace lalo na if its the grandia or super grandia model

the nissan urvan has been seen all around the metro because of its hauling capacity and VERY cool airconditioning but heres the thing a brand new vehicle should not be breaking down right? ive seen these vans on the side of the road with smoking engines.. di po overheat engine trouble talaga la pa 1 year baba na agad engine.

lastly for the starex though the body is nice and all but do take note it is a korean vehicle maganda talaga kasi its brand new but look at the older models of the starex you would notice interior parts madaling masira and really not that durable.

there you go sir. actually depende rin sa purpose ng van san nyo sya gagamitin pang family ba or business so dami pa factors to consider

• Like (+1) 1

good day sirs,

in my opinion japanese makers still make the best vehicles around. i would go for the hi ace lalo na if its the grandia or super grandia model

the nissan urvan has been seen all around the metro because of its hauling capacity and VERY cool airconditioning but heres the thing a brand new vehicle should not be breaking down right? ive seen these vans on the side of the road with smoking engines.. di po overheat engine trouble talaga la pa 1 year baba na agad engine.

lastly for the starex though the body is nice and all but do take note it is a korean vehicle maganda talaga kasi its brand new but look at the older models of the starex you would notice interior parts madaling masira and really not that durable.

there you go sir. actually depende rin sa purpose ng van san nyo sya gagamitin pang family ba or business so dami pa factors to consider

Thanks for the inputs bro red089. This thing you mentioned about Nissan Urvans breaking down, has this been documented? Has Nissan issued a recall order of this type of vans?

Thanks for the inputs bro red089. This thing you mentioned about Nissan Urvans breaking down, has this been documented? Has Nissan issued a recall order of this type of vans?

no worries sir based lang naman sya sa experiences ko.. as for the nissan urvans breaking down im not really sure how nissan addressed the issues. try asking the uv express drivers they can give us more info about how the urvan is.

If you have lots of money to waste go for Starex. It has the most problematic engine of all. Overheating is the common problem and very poor fuel economy. In terms of looks, Starex gets my vote. Hanggang porma lang kasi korean cars. They only make their vehicles look better than the Japanese vehicles but never focused on the engine and under chassis durability.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you have lots of money to waste go for Starex. It has the most problematic engine of all. Overheating is the common problem and very poor fuel economy. In terms of looks, Starex gets my vote. Hanggang porma lang kasi korean cars. They only make their vehicles look better than the Japanese vehicles but never focused on the engine and under chassis durability.

pareho...... parehong sakit ng ulo.. hehehe.

Bro was just wondering if the overheating problem and poor fuel economy you mentioned is based on first hand knowledge or write-ups that you've read. You see I just found out this evening my mom purchased a Starex and I want to be forewarned about potential problems with this type of vehicle.

Bro was just wondering if the overheating problem and poor fuel economy you mentioned is based on first hand knowledge or write-ups that you've read. You see I just found out this evening my mom purchased a Starex and I want to be forewarned about potential problems with this type of vehicle.

its a fact bro. experienced it myself. ok lang if di mo papatagalin ang unit (max of 3 years ownership), pero pag lumampas ka sa period na to sasakit na ulo mo. You cant go wrong with the Japanese brands and European brands kaya iwas muna sa Korean cars for now.

I disagree on this i had a 2001 starex n not a single problem just follow your regular routine maintenance. People tend to skip on maintenaince then sometimes blame for poor quality of the said vehicle.

swerte mo at naka chamba ka. every 5k kms ang PMS ng unit namin sa casa pero overheating pa rin at, eventually, nasira ang turbo. marami din mayari ng hyundai na same ang reklamo.

poor talaga. they tend to overprice their units to make it look luxurious and superior against the Japs. Sa lugar namin, lalo na sa central part na maraming bundok, di bumibili mga tao dun ng any korean vehicle dahil di talaga kaya ang terrain and bumibigay ang under-chassis. The only plus side of the Korean vehicles are the exterior design. Malayo talaga porma ng mga Japs. Sobrang pormado mga Korean cars and ang tutulin kung tumakbo.

• 3 weeks later...

Unless you want maximum capacity alisin mo na ang urvan sa equation.

If you are buying second hand dun ka na sa hi-ace, lalo na kung old model (1998 to 2005) starex ang bibilhin mo. Those old models have a lot of issues sa makina, kalawang at transmission na lumulubog.

Kung brand new It's really up to you. both have their advanatges and disadvanatages.

Sa makina mas gusto ko yung makina nung starex. Pero sa chasis at sa overall construction mas gusto ko yung toyota. pitikin mo kasi yung kaha. pansin mo, alin ang mas manipis. Pansin ko rin kasi mas maagang sumusulpot ung mga kalawang sa loob nang mga pinto nang starex kesa sa toyota namin. Malayong mas luxurious ung feel nang starex s aloob. Pero mas matitigas naman ang mga plastic nang toyota. At siyempre mas safe ka nga kung mas mahaba hood mo.

In the end nasa pag aalaga din kasi yan nang sasakyan. Me starex kami 2000 model eh mas matino pa itsura at takbo nang makina kesa sa 2010 hi-ace nung kapitbahay namin na hindi marunong alagaan sasakyan niya (alam lang sumakay at mag-drive).

Edited by Confusedcius
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...