3861 replies to this topic

#61 alpha quadrant

alpha quadrant

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 11:11 AM

have played for 5 years...1996-2001.... but am not a regular player..... golf should be played at least once a week, para u can improve ur swing... sometimes, i play once a week, once a month, or once every two months... kaya iyon, my score is so consistent, mga 125-130, hehe.. kaya, i gave up the sports, but my friends and colleagues are inviting to play again... and lapit ko lang sa power golf driving range.....

#62 ngneer_hk

ngneer_hk

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:10 PM

Great! we have two flights of foursomes na !

Pareng sbcaasd, if you play at Veterans on saturdays between 7-8 a.m. malamang nagka-flight na tayo....do you know the pretty umbrella girl there na magaling din mag-golf ? during summer and sem break, the clubhouse hires pretty and sexy students as waitresses there di ba? tapos sa gabi may karaoke naman and they sing with the guests.

Pareng saints, good value for money ba ang eagle ridge? am considering getting playing rights there kasi....

Best courses for me are those designed by robert trent jones like capitol hills, canlubang and calatagan...I got my best scores there kasi :) My worst scores came from the long courses (Villamor, Southwoods) because I'm only a short hitter.

pards,

have you heard 'bout those pretty umbrella gals na nag-papabayad (birdie), other times libre pagna tipuhan ka? (eagle)

my regular caddy, boylan, always asks if i'm interested (of course!) at may ire-refer daw sya from those beauties... fore!!! :evil:

#63 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2003 - 03:29 PM

pards,

have you heard 'bout those pretty umbrella gals na nag-papabayad (birdie), other times libre pagna tipuhan ka? (eagle)

my regular caddy, boylan, always asks if i'm interested (of course!) at may ire-refer daw sya from those beauties... fore!!!    :evil:

Ngneer_hk,

Bro, yes I've heard about the umbrella girls na "game" sa Veterans and have been offered by my caddie too. Problema lang, yung mga type ko na pwede e naka-reserve or may naka-bakod na taga-BIR o member ng Dugong Bughaw. The rest e di ko type so haven't tried anyone.....yet! :evil:

Same din with Capitol Hills, meron ding pwedeng mga umbrella girls dun .....

There are also some golf share sales reps who wouldn't mind doing "it" with you - for free, if you buy (or you happen to be their type), or for a fee, if you don't. They'll even offer to let you play the golf course as a guest once and be your umbrella girl for that day.....

Edited by templar666, 26 February 2003 - 03:50 PM.

#64 anika

anika

MTC Doctor

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 03:46 PM

Katinkotom wrote:

alabang is far from my place.. wack wack is nearer.. can u give me the contact number of gerard cantada? or pasok lng ako dun straight and inquire? how much rates ni bong lopez & gerard cantada? im really pusuing this..

San ka ba malapit? Maybe I could refer you to my pro.  :)

i live in qc lng.. kamias...

Have you started your lessons na ba?

Attend ka doctor's eb sa March 4, 6pm sa Gerry's Grill. I may introduce you to my pro if you're interested.

#65 scam

scam

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 06:48 PM

templar666, ok yang info mo sa capitol. schedule natin yan next time.
ngneer hk, hk boy din ako. sound's familiar ?

#66 ngneer_hk

ngneer_hk

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 10:07 PM

templar666, ok yang info mo sa capitol. schedule natin yan next time.
ngneer hk, hk boy din ako. sound's familiar ?

scam, bro

madalas ka ba sa city golf driving range? architect ka ba or connected ka sa bank? if your reply is okidoks, pwedeng magkakilala tayo...

baka nakalaro pa kita sa Kau Sai Chau.

#67 scam

scam

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 08:01 PM

not of those u mentioned. but i knew those archi family that usually drive sa city golf & those bank groups kaya siguro nga nagkalaro na tayo coz i do play as well at ksc. i was with last year's pnb/cinta tour sa mission. wala pa bang balita for this yrs tour ?

#68 n2ny

n2ny

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 07:38 AM

nice to know there are many golfers here at MTC, my handicap is 28 and not improving, looking for a good pro who will really teach and not just fixed my damn fault, there are many pro who will just fix your faults

#69 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 08:35 AM

nice to know there are many golfers here at MTC, my handicap is 28 and not improving, looking for a good pro who will really teach and not just fixed my damn fault, there are many pro who will just fix your faults

n2ny:

Bro, I fully understand what you're going through as I myself went over the same phase.

Part of playing a good game of golf is knowing the basics and concepts of what the golf swing is all about. Unfortunately, many old school teaching professionals do not touch up on this subject during their sessions. They focus more on mechanics without explaining the reasons behind the motions.

The newer and younger teaching professionals, on the other hand, always make it a point to explain the theory and history of the evolution of the game in terms of swing types and equipement. It might be best to see a younger professional who has had formal training for teaching.

In the USA, there are now educational courses which offer degrees on golf operations such as teaching, golf course design and engineering and country club management. Some of the local pros here who have good teaching backgrounds are Bong Lopez, Gerard Cantada and Boy Blue Ocampo.

There are many publications expounding on the golf swing's basics and it would not hurt to go through some of them. While self taught procedures are not encouraged as they can do more damage, understanding the concept will ultimately make you ask the right questions to your teacher and your teacher can converse with you better.

Good luck and I hope to share a golf round with you one of these days! :D

Thanks!

#70 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts
  • Interests:basketball, girls, food, gimiks, parties!!!

Posted 01 March 2003 - 04:47 PM

Katinkotom wrote:

alabang is far from my place.. wack wack is nearer.. can u give me the contact number of gerard cantada? or pasok lng ako dun straight and inquire? how much rates ni bong lopez & gerard cantada? im really pusuing this..

Attend ka doctor's eb sa March 4, 6pm sa Gerry's Grill. I may introduce you to my pro if you're interested.

i have not yet started pa.. cge.. gerry's grill saan?

Edited by katinkotom, 01 March 2003 - 04:50 PM.

#71 anika

anika

MTC Doctor

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 04:59 PM

Katinkotom wrote:

i have not yet started pa.. cge.. gerry's grill saan?

Gerry's Grill sa Glorietta. Nagpareserve na si Doc Shinta. We'll be there at 6 sa Tuesday. See yah!

#72 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 05:06 PM

ngek! bkit dun? dami naman ibang gerrys ah?! like libis and morato.. hehe.. anways cge i'll try..

#73 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 05:08 PM

saan pala nag22ro yung pro mo?

#74 ngneer_hk

ngneer_hk

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 03:39 PM

golfers fellas,

why don't we organise an MTC golf team...and join an interclub competition (pwede kaya tayo dun :rolleyes: )

---- mungkahi ko lang... any comments.

regards

#75 ngneer_hk

ngneer_hk

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 04:23 PM

golf humour --- one liners :D

Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to be able to break 100 on this course,"
Caddy: "Try heaven," advised the caddie. "You've already moved most of the earth." :lol:

Golfer: "This is the worst golf course I've ever played on!"
Caddy: "This isn't the golf course, sir! We left that an hour ago!"

Golfer: "Well Caddy, How do you like my game?"
Caddy: "Very good, Sir! But personally I prefer Golf." :D

Golfer: "Well, I have never played this badly before!
Caddy: "I didn't realize you had played before,Sir."

Golfer: "Caddy, Do you think my game is improving?"
Caddy: "Oh yes, Sir! You miss the ball much closer than you used to." :lol:

Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time, caddy. It's distracting!"
Caddy: "This isn't a watch, Sir, its a compass!"

Golfer: "Caddy, do you think it is a sin to play golf on Sunday?"
Caddy: "The way you play, Sir, its a crime any day of the week!" :lol:

Golfer: "This golf is a funny game."
Caddy: "It's not supposed to be."

Judge in the courtroom: "Do you understand the nature of an oath?"
Boy on the stand: "Do I? I'm your caddie, remember!" :blush:

have fun golfing...

#76 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 04:44 PM

Good jokes!
Here's one I heard recently.....

A man comes home for lunch and sees his lovely wife dressed in the skimpiest of outfits.

The wife says, "Tie me up and you can do anything you want".

The man considered what his wife offered and smiled in ways only a husband could.

So the man tied up his wife.

And then he went out to play golf.

:lol:

#77 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 02:23 AM

how would i know if my instructor is good? anways i had my 1st lesson kanina sa powergolf.. my pro instructor is Romeo "Nene" Antonio.. any comments? tnx..

#78 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 08:40 AM

how would i know if my instructor is good? anways i had my 1st lesson kanina sa powergolf.. my pro instructor is Romeo "Nene" Antonio.. any comments? tnx..

bro:

Nene Antonio is the brother of former touring professional Roger Antonio. I played with Nene many times before ( years ago) and he's alright. Mabait na tao yan.

He's not schooled like the new pro teachers but he learned his craft from years and years of caddying for some of the top professionals in the Philippine golf circuit-- his brother included.

He's been teaching at Powergolf for some time now and I know he's got his own regular students.

How much are paying him, if I may ask?

:D

#79 bananatype

bananatype

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 11:10 AM

PARTNERS,

JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU MY EXPERIENCE LAST WEEK IN DAVAO. WE WERE IN DAVAO FOR THE PAL INTERCLUB CHAMPIONSHIP. THE TOURNAMENT WAS PLAYED IN TWO COURSES - RANCHO PALOS VERDES AND APO GOLF.

PALOS VERDES IS A VERY NEW COURSE IN THE OUTSKIRTS OF DAVAO. IT WAS DESIGNED BY ANDY DYE. NOT AS DIFFICULT THOUGH AS THE DYE COURSE IN EAGLERIDGE. A GOOD DRIVE IS VERY MUCH REWARDED IN THIS COURSE.

APO GOLF IS A TYPICAL OLD COURSE. ALMOST ALL PAR 4S ARE OVER 400 YARDS. THE THING IS, YOU CAN'T USE A DRIVER OFF THE TEE ON ALL PAR 4S. SOME HOLES REQUIRE YOU TO LAY UP AND LEAVE YOURSELF WITH ANOTHER 200+ YARD SECOND SHOT TO THE GREEN.

MAKE SURE YOU GET TO PLAY THESE TWO COURSES WHEN IN DAVAO.

#80 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 03:10 PM

bro:

Nene Antonio is the brother of former touring professional Roger Antonio. I played with Nene many times before ( years ago) and he's alright. Mabait na tao yan.

He's not schooled like the new pro teachers but he learned his craft from years and years of caddying for some of the top professionals in the Philippine golf circuit-- his brother included.

He's been teaching at Powergolf for some time now and I know he's got his own regular students.

How much are paying him, if I may ask?

:D

P 4,200 for 12 sessions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users