kahit 2 flights ok pa rin!

#42 Cuntooter

Cuntooter

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 12:01 AM

mga pre...saan naman? in most private clubs it's one member per foursome...kung mag public naman tayo like veterans, agui or villamor....super crowded pag weekends. any suggestions?

Edited by Cuntooter, 20 February 2003 - 12:03 AM.

#43 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts
  • Interests:basketball, girls, food, gimiks, parties!!!

Posted 20 February 2003 - 04:35 AM

Katinkotom,

2k pero lesson si Cantada. I lost my old sim card and his number was there, but you can just go to the driving range at wack wack and inquire. no need to be a member. worth it yan pare. :)

2k per lesson? around how many lessons do i need 2 attend? i'm ntrested.. pls post d number.. tnx.. bout bong lopez? how much rates nya? tnx again..

#44 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2003 - 10:45 AM

[quote name='katinkotom' date='Feb 20 2003, 04:35 AM'][/QUOTE]
2k per lesson? around how many lessons do i need 2 attend? i'm ntrested.. pls post d number.. tnx.. bout bong lopez? how much rates nya? tnx again..[/QUOTE]

Katinkotom, some suggestions lang based on my own experience....

Start Cheap..... Why? Because you never know when you may lose interest in the game.

When I started, all my equipment were 2nd hand. I even went to the driving range and practiced beside someone who was being coached by an instructor and eavesdropped (gulang ko no?) :evil: Why don't you ask Cuntooter or 16track, who are the most qualified to teach here, for free (?) prelim lessons?.... So kelan na ang driving range EB natin? :)

Sink your money on Playing, rather than Practice..... don't be like most golfers in Japan - you'd be awed if you see them at the range but surprised when you see them on the course. Why? Because, due to limited and expensive golf courses in Japan, they spend most of their time in driving ranges. Kaya nga mas magagaling yung mga Hapon dito kesa sa mga kababayan nila sa Japan.

When you have learned how to play the game and love it enough to stay in it for some time, then by all means splurge on equipment, training and clubshares! By then, you wouldn't mind spending because you love the game.... :D

Golf is a frustrating and an embarassing experience at the start and, without degrading your capabilities, it is possible that you may not reach the point when you'll start to love the game and continue on inspite of the frustrations and embarassments.

Pero kung dami ka pera, e 'ala na ko sinabi :D
.....but you can spend it on the more important things that really matter in life like booze and girls :evil: Sama ko dyan!

#45 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 05:22 PM

tnx.. cguro dun muna ako sa powergolf.. 14 lessons 4 P4,200.00 pede na b? sinong instructor? dami sila sinasuggest e..

#46 golferboy

golferboy

Voyeur

• (04) Casual
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2003 - 05:40 PM

hi guys!

i'm new here, and was surprised to see that a lot of MTC users are golfers. as for me, i use to go to the range a lot and play occasionally. but i haven't played in a looooong while - the next time i pick up a club i'll be lucky not to injure myself ;)

anyway, hope to get to play with you guys soon!

#47 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 21 February 2003 - 08:55 AM

cuntooter / templar666:

Ok and EB sa driving range para we can all agree on where to play.

In advance, maybe we can try to consider the Splendido Golf course in Tagaytay.
Open sila to non-members even on a weekend. Pero this is temporary only as they will restrict play exclusively to Members only at the end of the year.

Di naman ganong kalayo ang Tagaytay lalo na if you leave early. Tee -off ka at aroud 7AM and you finish at around 12noon. You'll be on your way back to Manila by 1:30.

The green-fee is around PhP900 on weekends and the caddy-fee is 250 minimum. Golf carts are PhP750 for 18 holes.

The course is a Greg Norman layout. Its not as long as Southwoods -Legends course but the fairways are quite tight and sobrang dami ng bunkers. Very challenging talaga and enjoyable at the same time.

What do you think?

#48 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2003 - 12:46 PM

Let me just put on my manyak hat......

Di ko pa nalalaro ang Splendido kaya it's like a virgin to me.........Sibakin na yan! :evil:

Count me in .....

#49 Cuntooter

Cuntooter

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 01:57 AM

16 track

parang ok yan a. let's try to schedule it.

joke for the golfers here:

One evening, a man picked up a really nice looking lady at a bar. After a few drinks, he invited her for coffee in his apartment. One thing led to another, and soon they were having earth-shattering sex. What the man didn't know was that his new lady love was a prostitute. Soon they were living together, and were very much in love...but the woman knew that she couldn't keep her occupation a secret for long. One night, the woman turned to the man and said, "Jim, I have a confession to make.""What is it, sweetheart?", the man asked. The woman shyly said, "I'm a hooker." The man held the woman in his arms, kissed her and said, "that's alright, honey......I'm a slicer." :o

#50 ilongoboy

ilongoboy

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, golf and Boracay

Posted 25 February 2003 - 02:14 AM

To my fellow MTC golfers,

Have any of you guys played Evercrest in Tagaytay? I believe it has a hotel as well as other amenities. I'll be Makati this coming July for 3 weeks and would like to try this course out.

Ilongoboy

#51 ngneer_hk

ngneer_hk

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 06:10 PM

To my fellow golfers,

I've taken the liberty of opening this thread for us.....

May our tribe increase :D

hey bro,

finally i have found a thread for frustrated golfers like me... pwede bang mag join sa grupo nyo. currently im out of phils but when i 've got a chance to be there i normally play in qc, veterans.

driving range madalas sa top flite along EDSA and royal... can't recall the name (adjacent to ever mall, qc)

cheers

#52 anika

anika

MTC Doctor

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 06:35 PM

To my fellow MTC golfers,

Have any of you guys played Evercrest in Tagaytay? I believe it has a hotel as well as other amenities. I'll be Makati this coming July for 3 weeks and would like to try this course out.

Ilongoboy

I've been there but I haven't tried sleeping in the hotel, we were there during daytime only. As for the other amenities... billiards, driving range at fairway lang napansin ko. Kasi napagod na ko to look for other things to do. Di ko kaya 18 holes nila without the cart, hingal!

#53 anika

anika

MTC Doctor

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 06:51 PM

Mga Bro dito sa Clubhouse:

Lets organize a game and play! What do you think?

waaaaaaaaaaaaah! :cry: Hanap nyo ko ng sis na kalaro o brod na beginner pwede na rin, hehehe :D

#54 anika

anika

MTC Doctor

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 06:53 PM

mga pre...saan naman? in most private clubs it's one member per foursome...kung mag public naman tayo like veterans, agui or villamor....super crowded pag weekends. any suggestions?

What about night golf in Intramuros? Pwede maski na weekday after office.

#55 anika

anika

MTC Doctor

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 06:59 PM

Katinkotom wrote:

alabang is far from my place.. wack wack is nearer.. can u give me the contact number of gerard cantada? or pasok lng ako dun straight and inquire? how much rates ni bong lopez & gerard cantada? im really pusuing this..

San ka ba malapit? Maybe I could refer you to my pro. :)

#56 anika

anika

MTC Doctor

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 07:08 PM

templar666:

Bro, what is Calatagan golf course like? I haven't been there although I know its at least 3 hours drive going there and Punta Baluarte resort is right beside it.

Am real interested as membership to this club is less than 100,000 pesos these days and it might a good investment.

Thanks!

I was there 3 weeks ago, I thought nobody plays there anymore because the grass were dry. But I was surprised to see Japanese visitors who came with their golf gear. Hehe, siguro it's better to buy a share where the fairway is well maintained and the green is really green.

#57 scam

scam

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 25 February 2003 - 07:26 PM

fellow golfers con maniac, hello 2 everyone. i'll keep my eye on this thread so as hopefully 2 play with the
group next time i get back there. i make it a point to play everytime i'm in mla. courses i've been are tat, canlubang old & new , riviera, evercrest, country club, villamor, navy, kagitingan, & intramuros.

i'm just too eager to get my hands on highlands, anyone know's magakano na ba ang membership or playing rights if ever.

cheers to the group!!!

#58 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 01:59 AM

Katinkotom wrote:

alabang is far from my place.. wack wack is nearer.. can u give me the contact number of gerard cantada? or pasok lng ako dun straight and inquire? how much rates ni bong lopez & gerard cantada? im really pusuing this..

San ka ba malapit? Maybe I could refer you to my pro. :)

i live in qc lng.. kamias...

#59 ngneer_hk

ngneer_hk

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 09:36 AM

'was previously employed by a japanese firm which seems to encourage, indirectly, its staff to take up golf 'seriously' as we always had a competition within the company. To make a 'par five' story into a 'par three', i was naturally encouraged, got hold of a golf club sometime in late 1998 and been hooked ever since. :D

golf courses i have played and would definitely recommend;
*Kau Sai Chau Public Golf Course, North and South, (HongKong) - gary player designed, challenging and presents a different degree of difficulties particularly the North course. quite expensive though for non-hongkong residents.

* Mission Hills (shenzhen, China) - excellent, world class and designed by some of the top golfers, plenty of courses to choose from, amenities are great, too.

*Veterans, (QC) - quite good, offers an excellent practice ground for begginers as it's not too difficult a course but risky for those 'slicers' as there is always a danger of hitting vehicles passing along adjacent roads. Fortunately, as what pareng templar666 said, madaming pretty umbrella ladies to keep you company, have your adrenalin pumping and maniac-attitude going... and reasonable fairway fee.

*Palm Island, (half an hour drive from Shenzhen, China) - excellent three courses, designed by Jack Nicklaus. Fairways are very long with water hazards everywhere, typical of nicklaus designed courses. For instance, some water running parallel with the hole from tee to the green, so if you favour a 'right to left' shot or you're a great 'slicer' then you would always end up in the water, which make you an excellent swimmer rather than a golfer... :D

hope to play with you guys...

happy golfing !

#60 ngneer_hk

ngneer_hk

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • 6,001 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 10:29 AM

tnx.. cguro dun muna ako sa powergolf.. 14 lessons 4 P4,200.00 pede na b? sinong instructor? dami sila sinasuggest e..

bro,

getting a certified instructor is an excellent way of improving your game... my advise is, as soon as you get one and you're satisfied with his/her performance, then stick with that particular instructor. Changing instructor frequently is not a good idea dahil different teachers have different approach... so what will happen is that you'll just keep on adapting to their different styles which in turn make you all the more confused.

....and more importanly, practice as often as possible, either DR or fairway.

cheers.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users