The Clubhouse

• Please log in to reply
3859 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2003 - 01:25 PM

To my fellow golfers,

I've taken the liberty of opening this thread for us.....

May our tribe increase :D

#2 fluke

fluke

been there.. done that..

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 01:29 PM

Ooopps! may fairway buddy na ko.... ;)
Hit some bogey and get some birdie....

way to go Bro.
Cheers! :lol:

#3 Dekampanilla

Dekampanilla

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 01:42 PM

Woohooo! Someday I will break 90. Kung hindi, there's always an MP were I can f**k my frustrations away. Kidding aside, where do you guys normally play? When I have the time, it is usually at any of the courses in Tagaytay. Has anyone tried Splendido? I played there around April last year. Maraming bangin but an enjoyable course nevertheless.

templar666, thanks for starting the thread! Had I started it, I would have named the thread Golflife since the concept was started in the Goodlife thread, anyway. Perhaps we can organize a mini golf EB. Are there any Valley Golf or Forrest Hills members out there? A round of golf plus a round at Goodlife sounds exciting!

Cheers

Edited by Dekampanilla, 11 February 2003 - 01:44 PM.

#4 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2003 - 01:43 PM

Perhaps to start off the thread, we can post something about our playing history, courses played and the possibility of doing a golf EB in the future....

So to start off, I've been playing the game on and off since '97, at first kasi foreign clients expect me to play and later on mainly for the exercise ...I play every Saturday....mostly at Veterans coz its cheap and then once a month either at Capitol Hills or Midlands....also I go to the Power Golf driving range kasi malapit sa office and bahay....

Best handicap was 18 (1998) when I was really addicted to the game as in I was the first flight out of the golf course.... but now am back where I belong, 28 :)

My playing rights at Midlands has expired and was thinking of getting sa Riviera or Eagle Ridge sana...if you guys have played these courses, give feedback naman.....don't want to buy muna golf share kasi sayang kung isang course lang malalaro!

#5 Cuntooter

Cuntooter

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 04:12 PM

I started when I was about 9 (thanks, dad!). I joined jungolf tournaments throughout high school. I didn't win anything, but the competition was a lot of fun. 72-hole tournaments every week in the summer. I'm a member at forest hills where they gave me a handicap of 9. I don't know why...kasi laging masama laro ko doon. It's probably because the course rating is high, lalo na kapag malakas ang hangin. Once after a round my friends and I headed straight for Genie (wala pang GL) and had a blast. Birdie sa course, puki naman pagkatapos! hehehe

Ngayon on and off ako....but I try to sneak in a round whenever I can.

Being the manyak that I am....I always flirt the pretty receptionist at the front desk. If any of you have played there recently, you know who I'm talking about. Ang ganda rin ng babae sa pro shop. :)

#6 zij11zk

zij11zk

Seducer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 04:24 PM

yehey!!! mga fellow manyak golfers!!! :boo: :boo: :boo:

very nice to meet you guys here sa mtc...
i guess we can now have a fousome on the course then as mr dekamanilla said.... f**k our fustrations away sa Good life... hehehe

i usually practice alot also sa veterans golf and at kagitingan... mr templar666 baka naging ka flight na kita before... anyway... still working on my game and hopefully bring it to a decent handicap of 18 ~ 20...

maybe we guys can have a friendly game together sometime with a friendly "MP" wager on the side to make thing more interesting.... heheheheh

cheers guys... :D :D :D

#7 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts
  • Interests:basketball, girls, food, gimiks, parties!!!

Posted 11 February 2003 - 04:26 PM

hey!! drive nalang muna tayo.. hehe... :D

#8 zij11zk

zij11zk

Seducer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 04:31 PM

oopsss :P

correction ... atty Dekampanilla pala... sorry... typing too fast....

hehehehe :P :P :P

anyways... been taking the sport really very seriously and try to paly 6 rounds a month... some of the nice places i've played are:

Punta Fuego (9 holes in Batangas -- Beautiful course... hilly terrain)
Tagaytay Midlands (Very nice course also)
Cattle Creek Golf (Unknown place in San Jose Del Monte Bulacan.... but very noce course... 12 holes only)
Kagitingan (Fort Boni... quick course)
Aguinaldo Golf
Veterans Golf
Mimosa Golf (Angeles Pampanga.... Very ncie and long course)
Calatagan
Southwoods....

i'M NOT A MEMBER OF ANY COURSE BUT I TRY TO PALY THEM WHENEVER I GET INVITED....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#9 fluke

fluke

been there.. done that..

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 04:44 PM

:D
I started playing 1998, on and off... some kind of a weekend golfer.
kapag niyaya lang ng bosing ko or cousins ko.

I already tried playing in
Eagle Ridge (they have 4 courses, I played on 3 of them)
Southwoods
Orchard
Tagaytay Highlands
Canlubang

I'm hoping to learn more from you guys!
Ang MTC di lang pang-manyak... pang-sports pa!

Cheers!

#10 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 04:50 PM

Hello there!

I started playing when I was 10 years and played regularly in the Junior Golf circuit or Jungolf as it was called back then.

I was not as good as the others then but I slowly worked my way up to a 13 handicap by the time I was i High school. Of course, in college I sort of found out that it was more fun to hold a girl's hand than a golf club and I completely forgot about going to the golf course.

Now, I'm trying to get back into the game again and have been playing about twice a month. I'm now a respectable 16-19 handicapper depending on the course. I usually play at Aguinaldo as its very convenient due to its location ( I live in Pasig ) but I also frequent Splendido in Tagaytay and Valley, although I'm not a member .

My most recent round was a very enjoyable NIGHT GOLF of 18 holes at the INtramuros golf club. Some people that Intramuros may be too short but since it was re-designed by Andy Dye of Dye Designs a couple of years ago, the course has become very challenging. Just imagine that it has 12 out of 18 have water guarding the holes in strategic locations.

But the most challenging hole is PAR 3 -hole number 10 which is an amost exact replica of the famous island hole of the TP at Sawgrass in Florida. You know, the hole you see in ESPN advertisements that is completely surrounded by water but is only 140 yards long but plays longer when the wind blows?
Thats how it looks!

#11 bluem

bluem

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 05:24 PM

great! now with mtc advice i can now learn from the masters here...maybe you guys can teach me a thing or two about golf too! :lol: i started the game and my handicap is not to lose all the balls when playing a round. haven't even been in a driving range for a few months! i've only played in a few courses, puerto azul, and a few time in aguinaldo.

#12 chico_light

chico_light

CHICO III

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 06:45 PM

puwede ba maki drive na lang ako?

#13 Cuntooter

Cuntooter

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 09:56 PM

16 track,

kailan ka nag jungolf? baka nagkakilala tayo doon. I was active in tournaments from 1986 to 1990 in both summer and interschool tournaments. what years did you play?

#14 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2003 - 09:14 AM

Great! we have two flights of foursomes na !

Pareng sbcaasd, if you play at Veterans on saturdays between 7-8 a.m. malamang nagka-flight na tayo....do you know the pretty umbrella girl there na magaling din mag-golf ? during summer and sem break, the clubhouse hires pretty and sexy students as waitresses there di ba? tapos sa gabi may karaoke naman and they sing with the guests.

Pareng saints, good value for money ba ang eagle ridge? am considering getting playing rights there kasi....

Best courses for me are those designed by robert trent jones like capitol hills, canlubang and calatagan...I got my best scores there kasi :) My worst scores came from the long courses (Villamor, Southwoods) because I'm only a short hitter.

#15 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 10:36 AM

Cuntooter:

Great to hear from a fellow jungolfer! Unfortunately I played in jungolf during the mid to late 80's and also the intershool tournaments.

The Jungolf tours are really good for any golfer as they teach you how to be self reliant when it comes to playing the game. Caddies are not allowed so you carry your own bag and you select your own clubs-- not to mention that you read the greens yourself. Its very good training--- at least, for me as I learned to value the rules and essence of the game itself.

My favorite course: Manila SOuthwoods-- Nicklaus course and the Norman designed Splendido.
My clubs: Callaway Great Big Bertha for the driver and Callaway S2H2 steel shafts for the irons.
I tried upgrading my irons to new models but I just could not get myslef to like graphite
as its too light for me. My driver used to be a steel shafted one, too but since my Dad
gave me his Grat Big Bertha, I figured I might as well use it.

BTW, has anyone here played the Camp John Hay course lately?

The course is excellent as it was designed by Jack Nicklaus. Although its only a par-66 layout, I think it just maybe the most beautiful golf course in the Philippines--- aesthetically speaking, of course. Evefywhere you look, there are centuries old pine trees areound you. And in many places, the fog-coverd Cordillera mountain range serves as an inspiring background.

While other courses may be long and challenging, Cam John Hay makes you think you're playing in the East Coast of the US. Ganon siyang kaganda. The grass they used is called BENT Grass---- this is the same grass used in Augusta National in Georgai-- home of thr US MAsters.
:)

#16 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 10:42 AM

templar666:

Bro, what is Calatagan golf course like? I haven't been there although I know its at least 3 hours drive going there and Punta Baluarte resort is right beside it.

Am real interested as membership to this club is less than 100,000 pesos these days and it might a good investment.

Thanks!

#17 bananatype

bananatype

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 10:49 AM

good idea to have put up a thread for mtc golfers.

i have been playing golf since 1994 and have been quite very serious about it. i learned playing in valley golf until i moved here to the south. i now play regularly (mga 4 times a week) both in villamor and riviera.

any of you guys want to play in villamor, just advise me. in fact, the group that i belong to in villamor is currently trying to recruit new members. it's a very fun group. once a member, you'd be feeling like you're playing in the pga with the perks that the group offer.

let me know when you guys will be playing.

#18 Guest_templar_*

Guest_templar_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2003 - 11:48 AM

16track:

Calatagan is a typical robert trent jones designed course - dramatic elevation changes, fast greens (parang kang nag-putt sa salamin dahil sa bilis), small par 3 greens protected by water or bunkers, and doglegs that bend nicely (tamang-tama lang, you will know whether you hit a fade or draw correctly, or whether you actually sliced or hooked).

For an old course, it's very well-kept kasi daw its maintenance is personally supported by ENZO and not dependent on club dues. The only drawback is distance...gandang course sana pero sobra layo if you're not staying overnight at punta baluarte...kung balikan ka lang, there are 10 other newer courses you will pass along the way before you reach calatagan.

But you're right, mura nga membership....

Edited by templar666, 12 February 2003 - 11:49 AM.

#19 16track

16track

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 12:08 PM

templar666:

Thanks for the info. I'll try to check first if Punta Baluarte has a golf package. Hmm... Dapat lang na meron sila..... ENZO funding its maintainance is good news. That means hinde tipid gaya ng iba na dependent sa dues.

Thanks again!

#20 tom

tom

Wolf

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,469 posts
  • Interests:basketball, girls, food, gimiks, parties!!!

Posted 12 February 2003 - 03:53 PM

u guys can suggest where 2 study? im plannin 2 enroll this week sa power golf in valle e.. sino magaling na pro teacher? or other places 2 study?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users