Mac Users Of Mtc (apple: Go Ahead, Take A Bite!)

boo..!!! apples suck!! :thumbsdownsmiley:

hehe.. just kiddin. for the person who said there are no right clicks. you can hook up any standard 2 button mouse to your mac if you want the right click functionality back. you can also press the control key along with a mouse click and that'll bring up the right click menu.

the apple pro mouse has got to be one of the worst designed mouse in the history of computers! ergonomics certainly wasnt in mind when apple designed the thing. its not long enough for my palm to rest on it. and its too narrow that your fingers would be bunched up on the center. the muscle on the base of my thumb would start to strain after barely an hour of using it.

maybe the only mouse that is more poorly designed is the puck mouse! same ergonimic problems with the pro mouse only they're twice as worse! and in the usual apple fashion of doing business, they expect you to pay $20 for a piece of plastic that extends the mouse so that it'd be more comfortable to use. <_<

http://www.theapplecollection.com/iMac/images/amtk_mouse.jpg

I remember using that mouse! And I hated it from the very minute i started using it!

Actually, Apple has been known to put style over substance on many occasions. The powermac cube being one of the more infamous (you waved your hand in front of the sensor to turn on and off. unfortunately, it was too sensitive, so sometimes it turned off when you were putting a disc in the drive). It didn't help that the manufacturing process sucked because cracks on the case would appear for no reason.

Truth is, I really HATE apple. I love OS X and I love the G4 and G5 powermac, but i still hate the company. Their machines are overpriced, the customer support sucks (took nearly a week to get an I-mac working again), and the marketing is overhyped. Its a case of love the product, hate the company.

• 2 weeks later...

wow... dami nagrerespond sa thread!

excited na tuloy ako magka mac... actually, the purpose of the thread is just this... to solicit info about the mac's pro-cons from current suers, and so far, its working, and so far positive nman mga responses niyo about mac.

love that comment about love the product hate the company. hehehe.. i can totally relate. and yes, mac products are totally overpriced! ipod pa lang nga eh... i mean, the shuffle costs 7000 pesos for a 512MB model!!! overkill if u ask me... di ba?

i guess you didnt read my posts.. i only have bad things to say about the mac :lol:

hey i read all you post. but wag naman masyadong mac bashing! i use two computers, i have a celeron 2.4 pc and an imac g5. sa speed. pareho lang naman halos. kaya lang i like the stabilty of the os x. di ako kinakabahan na pag tayo ko at nag cr ay wala na ung ginagawa ko. this is based on my experience ha. ewan ko sa mga ibang pc owners. pero para sa akin with no programming experience

pero hinde naman ako techno boob. ayaw ko na sumasakit ang ulo ko lagi at nanghuhula lagi ng problema ng pc ko. thats why okay sa akin ang aking mac. although i still use a 2 button mouse (USB) di ako sanay sa mouse ng mac, gusto ko ung scroll button. wala naman ding problema. siguro ang pc hardware wala naman problema talaga. ung next generation ng g5 chips, intel na nga ang gagawa eh.

ung windows ang palpak talaga. manloloko kasi si bill gates. peace all! di ako nakikipagaway :cool:

wow... dami nagrerespond sa thread!

excited na tuloy ako magka mac... actually, the purpose of the thread is just this... to solicit info about the mac's pro-cons from current suers, and so far, its working, and so far positive nman mga responses niyo about mac.

dati galit din ako sa mac users. tingin ko sa kanila. mayayabang. pero nung nakagamit na ako

okay pala di na ako gaanong naiistress. now i'm a proud owner of a mac. the price is worth din considering ganun din ang magastos mo kapag pinagarbo mo ung pc mo with all the top of the line parts. i love my mac. para akong naka jaguar. he he he. :thumbsupsmiley: bili ka na rin!

I share the sentiments of Zuriken, stability wise ok talaga ang mac. I have never experienced it to hang. Everthing is easy to use and enjoyable.

If you took two people who had limited exposure to computers, I have a feeling if they had to choose which among two computers to use, they would go for a MAC. Sarap ng interface nya, cool.

Retailwise, if your frequent malls and mga tiangge, there will be hardly any mac programs. However, use torrent sites there is a ton of software.

I was able to download a copy of Civ3 and wow my laptop is all set.

Galing talaga.

I share the sentiments of Zuriken, stability wise ok talaga ang mac. I have never experienced it to hang. Everthing is easy to use and enjoyable.

If you took two people who had limited exposure to computers, I have a feeling if they had to choose which among two computers to use, they would go for a MAC. Sarap ng interface nya, cool.

Retailwise, if your frequent malls and mga tiangge, there will be hardly any mac programs. However, use torrent sites there is a ton of software.

I was able to download a copy of Civ3 and wow my laptop is all set.

Galing talaga.

OT

Pre matanong ko lang, saan ka nakadownload nang CIV3 for MAC? Yung CIV3 ko kasi sa PC naghahang lagi eh lalo na pag patapos na (late years).

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys, this thread is cool. im a newbie also sa mac. i started using mac few weeks ago lang. i was in the states last month and i went to the source or the mothership eka nga nila @ # 6 infinite loop Cupertino CA. Dinala ako ng cousin ko dun who happens to work with Apple. Dang sobrang ganda ng head office nila. Anyways, to cut the story short. My cousin gave me an Imac PC G4 (3.3) MAC OSX V10.4.2 "Tiger" with 17 inch monitor and a pair of Harmann Kardon speakers. hmmm... bawal tanggihan ang grasya diba... so in short eto ang gamit ko now sa house... thou im not yet familiar pa talga sa mga features.. kaya anything that will be shared dito sa thread na ito will be a great help for us mac newbies. =)

eto specs:

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: iMac

Machine Model: PowerMac6,1

CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (3.3)

Number Of CPUs: 1

CPU Speed: 1 GHz

L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 133 MHz

Boot ROM Version: 4.5.9f1

Serial Number: QT250022DVT

Edited by saupaulo

Apple introduces the Mighty Mouse

By Jim Dalrymple jdalrymple@maccentral.com

Apple Computer on Tuesday introduced Mighty Mouse, the company’s next generation USB 1.1 and 2.0 mouse. Mighty Mouse offers users up to four independently programmable buttons and a Scroll Ball that lets users scroll in any direction — vertically, horizontally and even diagonally, according to Apple.

The release of Mighty Mouse ends years of holdout by Apple in not producing a multi-button mouse, despite many requests from users. Many users switched to third-party multi-button mice, leaving Apple’s mouse in the box.

“We just weren’t willing to compromise on design and ease of use,” David Moody, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide Mac Product Marketing, told MacCentral.

Although designed as a multi-button mouse, Apple says it retains the simplicity of a single button mouse and can be used as one, depending on the users preferences.

“If you look at the multi-button mouse market today, they are all a little complex,” said Moody. “When we looked at what we wanted to do, we didn’t want to make it any more difficult than a single button mouse.”

Mighty Mouse features programmable touch sensors that act as primary or secondary buttons. With a click on the upper right or left side of the mouse, users can access features such as contextual menus found in Mac OS X and other applications. Mighty Mouse’s two other buttons are activated by pressing its Scroll Ball and squeezing its sides, and can be easily programmed to give users one-click access to Mac OS X version 10.4.2 “Tiger” features such as Spotlight, Dashboard and Expose or to launch any application.

“We aren’t giving people this mouse just so they can scroll horizontally and vertically,” said Scott Broderick, Apple senior product manager, displays and peripherals. “In today’s applications like iMovie, GarageBand and Photoshop users want more flexibility, so we now allow them to scroll diagonally.”

When asked about the decision to use USB instead of Bluetooth in Mighty Mouse, Apple said that users who wanted a wireless solution could still purchase the Apple Bluetooth mouse.

Mighty Mouse is available immediately for US$49.

Update: Added information from interview with Apple executives. Aug. 2 2005, 10:45 am.

visit: www.macworld.com :thumbsupsmiley:

sau

B)