Taxis To Watch Out For

pogi1119

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a taxi na naipalabas sa TV i forgot the name, kulay red ang name nya...

and usually ung mga taxis na siguro mga less than 5 ang units nila yun ang mga mapipili sa pasahero...

and most taxis now adays bihira na ang nagme-metro puro lahat gusto is kontrata, better yet kung sasakay kayo ng taxi

ang piliin nyo is yung TAI (Toyota Alabang Inc.) Taxi, for sure metro sila lagi and hindi sila namimili ng pasahero..

yan lang po ang napapansin ko...

i have several traumatic experiences sa mga taxi kaya sad to say bihira na lang at mabibilang sa kamay na ang mababait na taxi drivers. kung walang choice na talaga ay doon lang ako nag ta-taxi. i go for those big taxi companies who has radio inside. yung mga yun kasi pag may nag reklamo na apektuhan yung mga ibang kasamahan nila, so medyo standardized ang streamlined ang services nila.

i have a lot of bad incidents sa mga taxi drivers talaga, do we have a thread for that here?

kaya nga pag may nababalitang nahoholdap na taxi driver eh

natutuwa ako kasi karma na nila yun dahil sa pagiging mga kumag nila

he he he!

ako rin! ganun din ang nasa isip ko kapag may nahoholdap na taxi driver...

siguro namimili ng pasahero o mahilig mangontrata yung driver kaya nakarma.

si (Ret.)Gen. Reynaldo Berroya na head ng LTO ngayon, mukhang may mangyayari na

sa kampanya laban sa mga abusadong taxi drivers.

pakibasa na lang ang mga sumusunod:

http://www.tribune.net.ph/metro/20061121met4.html

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/NEWS200612230409.htm

http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/?page=e...rial_dec21_2006

I have talked to a former driver of Wallis and he confirmed that they use a certain device called "batingting" that speeds up the meter, without breaking the LTO lock.

He said that he can just activate the device somewhere near the steering wheel and unknowing passengers (especially those, he claims, picked up from provincial bus stations) can pay as much as PHP 1,000 for a trip from Cubao to Monumento, which normally costs around PHP 120-PHP 140.

So beware, guys.

when you said red taxis, I thought you meant either Dollar or Ken-Ken as those are the ones I know with red cars :lol: until you mentioned Wallis and then I realized you meant red lettering..... I also stay away from Wallis..... I always flag down either EMP or MGE.... they have radios and if you have the number of their dispatch which is displayed in their units, you can always ask for a pick-up service anywhere... if these are hard to find, I go with the 9 Stars and R & E or E & E... all came from the same taxi company.... then there is the 24/7 cab if you're in Makati and Xavierville if you live in Mandaluyong...

A driver from AVI tried to have me add 50 pesos to the meter...

Instead of my usual drop off sa likod ng burgundy corporate tower...I had him drop me off at the intersection of pasong tamo...the bastard even had the balls to ask where is the additional 50...I never even agreed to it...So I asked if we could go to the police at the corner to settle it...wag na lang daw...buena mano (tama ba) na lang daw...if you're gutsy and there is a cop nearby, this is an effective way of avoiding extortions...

Saw him again and I never take his cab anymore

the horrendous stories about cab drivers is never ending

especially in this season. almost all drivers will ask u first

where u're headed. either they dont run out of reason not to

take you or they tell you they wont use the meter.

wallis reigns supreme in terms of 'doctored' meter.

my family and i once took a wallis from our place to a nearby mall,

thats around 60 pesos max. imagine our disgust when the meter

ended at P150! the driver even had the guts to argue that he's

meter was working right.

i prefer to take the known cab companies, esp using their phone-a-cab

service:

emp - 293 5931/293 5930

mge - 366 6287

basic - 900 1447/ 900 1448

r&e - 330 1654

alkotby - 373 8294/ 417 0317

I always hate riding taxis. Whenever I had bad experiences with them, I write their plate number. Here:

TVU 171 - asked me P100 for just 3 KM of ride

TVN 342 - Driver name Pacifico Burdeos. Shouted and got mad at us because we asked why he took a long way.

PXH 999 - The cab has no aircon, so we said there should be a discount. He dropped us out of nowhere.

Almost every taxi driver is annoying. Sometimes I wish I had some spikes for their wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
I always hate riding taxis. Whenever I had bad experiences with them, I write their plate number. Here:

TVU 171 - asked me P100 for just 3 KM of ride

TVN 342 - Driver name Pacifico Burdeos. Shouted and got mad at us because we asked why he took a long way.

PXH 999 - The cab has no aircon, so we said there should be a discount. He dropped us out of nowhere.

Almost every taxi driver is annoying. Sometimes I wish I had some spikes for their wheels.

Got an unsolicited text from someone... A the driver of taxi with plate # PXR-835 was reportedly robbing it's passenger. If this is true then we should take extra precaution when riding especially during wee hours of night and dawn... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yung mga company na malalaki ok...like MGE or R&E...

Yung Xavierville ok din...may cust database ata sila kasi they will get your anme and address and will give you a customer number or something. Para pag magapapahatid ka, kilala ka na.

Yung Rogebeth na cabs ok din. Kaso sa Makati ko lang sila nakikita.

Wala talagang kwenta yung Midas Touch....lahat ng cabs nila bulok na....

Yung sa Wallis madami na kong nadidinig na masamang balita....

May isa akong driver na gusto patayin...minsan my wife took a cab home, since 1st trimester nya with our first child, sabi nya sa driver medyo dahan dahan kasi nga buntis. Na badtrip daw yung driver, binilisan yung pag drive then nung nalagay sa humps na mataas sabi ng wife ko, "manong sabi ko dahan dahan, buntis ako..." sabi ba naman ng driver, "Eh malaglag na lang yan ma'am"...Di nakita ng wife ko yung ID pero nakuha nya yung number ng operator, tinawagan namain and sabi ng nakausap nya sasabihan daw...

Some people are just alive because it is illegal to k*ll them.... :grr:

• 2 weeks later...