Back To The 70's

Para ngang nagretrogress kasi sikat an noon yung Manila Sound na original composition - lyrics and music.

Hotdog with Ella del Rosario

Pers Lab, Bitin sa yo, Miss Universe ng buhay ko

Apo - Blue Jeans

Cinderella with Yolly Samson- Ang boyfriend kong Baduy, Bato sa Buhangin

Mike Hanopol - Laki sa Layaw

Meron pang pinoy rock noon

Juan dela Cruz

Abracadabra

Sampaguita

Apo - Blue Jeans

APO used to be known as the Apolinario Mabini Hiking Society. Over the years, nawala na yung "Hiking Society" and "linario Mabini" parts. Despite its promotion of songs in Filipino in later years, APO actually made a name for itself with English language compositions like "It's a New Day" and "Softly" which were included in the green album (I just can't recall the album title).

Hairstyle for men:

Brushed up

siete ala John Travolta

Long hair ala James Taylor and John Lennon (gitna hati) o ala F4 kung ngayon.

Hindi usong maikling buhok noon lalo na yung skinhead. :lol:

Hairstyle for women

Apple look

Long straight hair (uso ngayon)

Farrah Fawcet look

Hairstyle for men:

Brushed up

siete ala John Travolta

Long hair ala James Taylor and John Lennon (gitna hati) o ala F4 kung ngayon.

Hindi usong maikling buhok noon lalo na yung skinhead. :lol:

Hairstyle for women

Apple look

Long straight hair (uso ngayon)

Farrah Fawcet look

Tandang-tanda ko pa yung sideburns ala Tom Jones at Engelbert Humperdink. (O 60s ba yun?).

Yung hati sa gitna, tawag namin doon, Kachupoy style. Pinauso naman ni John Lennon yung bilog na salamin, kasamang long hair.

Kapag nakakakita naman kami ng kalbo, batok kaagad sa ulo ng katabi at magsabi ng "Pendong!" kasama peace sign. Di pa uso kalbo noon, puera lang kay Tito Varela at Bembol Roco.

Mahilig kami magsuot ng maong/denim jacket kahit napkainit. Ngayon, ginagawa lang yun para magtago ng baril.

An unforgettable moment from the 1970s: the execution of Lim Seng.

I saw the news of the sentence being read, and you could see Lim Seng swallowing hard (!!!) at the prospect of death.

The next day, the news showed Lim Seng blindfolded at Luneta, before dawn, by the trees, his hands tied behind him. The clip also showed the soldiers aiming their rifles at him. The actual execution wasn't shown.

That's when I first heard the term "death by musketry."

Many years later, Bob Garon, in his "Bob Garon Debates" program, said that following the execution of Lim Seng, illegal drugs practically disappeared in the Philippines. He ought to know. He was with DARE at the time.

Tandang-tanda ko pa yung sideburns ala Tom Jones at Engelbert Humperdink. (O 60s ba yun?).

Kapag nakakakita naman kami ng kalbo, batok kaagad sa ulo ng katabi at magsabi ng "Pendong!" kasama peace sign. Di pa uso kalbo noon, puera lang kay Tito Varela at Bembol Roco.

Yup. Pati si Elvis nun nakasideburns din. Just look at the Elvis impersonators. :lol:

Pinependong din noon kapag nakakita ng kotseng kuba (Volks beetle).

Pera noon ay me tatak na 'ang bagong lipunan'. Si Bonifacio pa ang nakalagay sa P5 bill.

ang naalala ko nun ay yung mga cartoon shows sa TV: Voltes V, Mazinger Z, Daimos, Balatak(?)...

Ferdinand Marcos put up a banned on these robot cartoons in the 70s and part of 80s..... the reason for this, parents were complaining/worried about their kids' neglect of school work and violent behavior due to the kids constant viewing of these shows. Marcos was applauded by these parents after those shows were banned.

My first glimpse of a movie called STAR WARS was in 1977 at Harrison Plaza (yes, there were movie theaters in HP back then). I was immediately struck and mesmerized with the story and it became my instant favorite. Bought my first action STAR WARS figure also at HP costing 12 pesos, a whooping amount at the time (the value of that toy has skyrocketed as of today).

I also watched SUPERMAN at HP in 1978. That movie made us believed that a man could really fly (there were no computer generated visuals in those days but Christopher Reeves flying sequences really look convincing).

My first glimpse of a movie called STAR WARS was in 1977 at Harrison Plaza (yes, there were movie theaters in HP back then). I was immediately struck and mesmerized with the story and it became my instant favorite. Bought my first action STAR WARS figure also at HP costing 12 pesos, a whooping amount at the time (the value of that toy has skyrocketed as of today).

I also watched SUPERMAN at HP in 1978. That movie made us believed that a man could really fly (there were no computer generated visuals in those days but Christopher Reeves flying sequences really look convincing).

Akala mo lumilipad talaga si SUPERMAN. Lumiliko pa. Galing talaga. :cool:

Ako rin nun bumili ng mga action figures -- r2d2, c3po, luke, hansolo, pricess leia, darth vader, kaya lang nawala na silang lahat.

Tapos nung college na ko, I bought a luke with hood, tsaka si Yoda. Nawala na rin. Sayang. Malaki nang value nila ngayon.

hey, wala pang sitcoms ang thread na ito....

let us correct that oversight

fave 70's sitcoms (shown in 'pinas)

different strokes - starring an extremely cute "black" kid gary coleman (78)

happy days - starring a (future) powerhouse cast: henry winkler as the fonz (mcguyver producer among others), ron howard (academy award winning director) and tomuyuki 'pat' morita (karate kid). shown 74

three's company - starring a distinguished john ritter and blonde bombshell suzanne summers (77)

maude - bea arthur's show, she would later bring a similar powerhouse cast in the 80s with some of the show's mainstays (72)

welcome back kotter - gabe kaplan's show. yung theme music pa lang award winner na. john travolta's vehicle to fame. even after saturday night fever fame appear pa rin sya sa show na to as a tribute to gabe (75)

Other 70s sitcoms:

MASH

Soap (tawang-tawa ako sa alien Burt episodes)

Barney Miller

That's my Momma (an all-black sitcom)

Mary Tyler Moore Show

Chico and the Man

Other TV programs:

Cat and Dog (with a still unknown Kim Basinger)

The New Perry Mason Mysteries (with Monte Markhom)

Petrocelli (with Barry Newman)

Rosetti and Ryan (a legal drama with comedy)

McCloud (with Dennis Weaver)

James at 15 (with the younger Kerwin)

That's Incredible (with Cathy Lee Croby)

Real People (kalaban ng That's Incredible)

Gulong ng Palad (highest rating program at the time)

Flor de Luna

Anna Lisa

Bro Storm...dumadalaw po...:)

Pasensya na po kung di ako makapost dito...di po ako maka-relate sa mga kwento nyo sa kadhilanang wala pa ako masyadong ulirat nung 1970s...hehehe...

Si Flor de Luna (Janice de Belen), kawawa rin naman sya sa tutuong buhay no? Imagine, Gabby Concepcion, Aga Muhlach, John Estrada... Hilig kasi sa guwapo e...:P

PEACE!!! :D

Edited by keyotik
Other 70s sitcoms:

MASH

Soap (tawang-tawa ako sa alien Burt episodes)

Barney Miller

That's my Momma (an all-black sitcom)

Mary Tyler Moore Show

Chico and the Man

Other TV programs:

Cat and Dog (with a still unknown Kim Basinger)

The New Perry Mason Mysteries (with Monte Markhom)

Petrocelli (with Barry Newman)

Rosetti and Ryan (a legal drama with comedy)

McCloud (with Dennis Weaver)

James at 15 (with the younger Kerwin)

That's Incredible (with Cathy Lee Croby)

Real People (kalaban ng That's Incredible)

Gulong ng Palad (highest rating program at the time)

Flor de Luna

Anna Lisa

That's Incredible - one of my favorites. I remember a man in that show who ate a whole BICYCLE....incredible talaga. Here's another......an imprisoned man will have a violent behavior if subjected to the color blue and he will be relax if subjected to the color pink......umabot pa hanggang early 1980s yung show na yan.

James at 15......si Lance Kerwin, one movie lang na gawa nya as far as I could remember - ENEMY MINES with Dennis Quaid and Lou Gossett, tapos nun never heard of lance kerwin.

Soap - nag guest si Billy Crystal dyan and I think that's his vehicle to fame.

Chico and the Man - Freddie Prinze (tatay ba ni freddie prince jr ito?) "LOOKIN' GOOOD"

Gulong ng Palad - mariane dela riva

Annaliza - the late julie vega

Flordeluna - with the late dindo fernando

I was a kid in the 70's. Aside from the sitcoms mentioned (which you could read up on in TV Times) I used to watch a lot of cartoons. Some of the more obscure ones would be Funny Company, Gigantor, Funky Phantom, Speed Racer. I also got a kick out of watching sci-fi reruns like Dr. Who, Space 1999 and Thuderbirds are go...

Before the advent of computer games, we actually brought comics and boardgames to school especially during exam period when there was some time between exams to just hang. We would play games like Monopoly, The Game of Life etc. and trade DC and Marvel Comics. I was in grade 4 when the first calculators and digital watches first debuted. The numbers where lit up on orange LEDs.....

Starwars was such a big hit then that we bought the action figures as well as the bubblegum trading cards. Yes, Collectible cards back then had bubblegum packed with them..

great thread! yup, nothing beats the 70s, especially when it comes to music. i remember going to 'gapo to watch concerts featuring aunt irma, pertified anthem, maria cafra. i also remember the blue moon concert where sampaguita made her mark. lots of artists came to pinas (blood, sweat and tears, deep purple, deodato, hubert laws, among others). mura pa ang blue seal noon (4.50 lang sa caltex gas station at the corner of pasay road and makati avenue). went to all the discos (where else, another world, cueva, delirium, queue, 1571, lost horizon, stargazer). radio was great (rj-fm, wwk, xq, rt). crush ng bayan si ms. aruba (maureen ava vieira), finland (johanna raunio) and spain (amparo munoz) during the ms. universe 1974. walang traffic and the love bus was 3.50 lang. speaking of sitcoms, do you remember ang lola kung baduy, starring rosalie sun and jinggay guevarra? nasaan na kaya sila? haaaay, miss the 70s!!!

I was in grade 4 when the first calculators and digital watches first debuted. The numbers where lit up on orange LEDs.....

In the mid-1970s, calculators still weren't used that much. I remember that my brother, who was an Engg student at UP during that time, didn't bring a calculator to school. He brought a slide rule. A slide rule! You had a read an entire book just to know how to use a slide rule.

Edited by jt2003
Bro Storm...dumadalaw po...:)

Pasensya na po kung di ako makapost dito...di po ako maka-relate sa mga kwento nyo sa kadhilanang wala pa ako masyadong ulirat nung 1970s...hehehe...

Loko! Mas matanda ka pa sa akin. Don't tell me, nalimutan mo na yung panahon ng kabataan mo? Sign of old age :D (Well, utak lang naman daw ang tumatanda).

Peace bro. Panay bang "sabong" natin ngayon? Bagay sa weather.