How Do You Speak Your Love Language?

• 6 months later...

let us resurrect this thread on love languages:

the love languages: physical touch, quality time, words of affirmation, acts of service, and gifts

My love language:

Physical Touch
A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, and thoughtful touches on the arm—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Appropriate and timely touches communicate warmth, safety, and love to you.

Quality Time
In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Whether itʼs spending uninterrupted time talking with someone else or doing activities together, you deepen your connection with others through sharing time.

^ same as this one, and quite a lot of others that followed.

in order of importance for me: physical touch, quality time, words of affirmation, acts of service and gifts

though i find it easiest to give gifts and acts of service initially to others you want to connect. this is the ones that can build the connections quicker with someone you want to know, and then evolve after when you know them better. and also, gifts are an easy way to show someone you are interested in, your thoughts on them, your impression of them, what you'd want the other one to have, or use with you, etc.

Edited by Bikerboy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest k E i J i 👻

I'll do everything/anything for him.

I'll take care of him,

Kiss, hug, do silly things and spend time together

I'll always listen to his side / to all what he is saying,

I will love the things and give importance onto the things that matters to him.

Accept,understand,and appreciates him,

Talk/communicate with him.

Reminds him how much I adore him,

Will love him always.

If you love someone, show it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Quality Time

In Quality Time, nothing says I love you like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being therewith the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standbymakes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful. Whether itʼs spending uninterrupted time talking with someone else or doing activities together, you deepen your connection with others through sharing time.

service.png

Acts of Service

Can helping with homework really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an Acts of Service person will speak volumes. The words he or she most wants to hear: Let me do that for you. Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings dont matter. When others serve you out of love (and not obligation), you feel truly valued and loved.

touch.png

Physical Touch

A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, and thoughtful touches on the armthey can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive. Appropriate and timely touches communicate warmth, safety, and love to you.

gifts.png

Receiving Gifts

Dont mistake this love language for materialism; the receiver of gifts thrives on the love, thoughtfulness, and effort behind the gift. If you speak this language, the perfect gift or gesture shows that you are known, you are cared for, and you are prized above whatever was sacrificed to bring the gift to you. A missed birthday or a hasty, thoughtless gift would be disastrousso would the absence of everyday gestures. Gifts are heartfelt symbols to you of someone else's love and affection for you.

affirmation.png

Words of Affirmation

Actions dont always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, I love you, are important hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten. You thrive on hearing kind and encouraging words that build you up.

Very Interesting. :)