Photo

Poll: Marawi City Siege

Maute Group Martial Law (Duterte Version)

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

Poll: Marawi City Siege

Naniniwala ba kayong may kaugnayan ang Liberal Party dito?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 rooster69ph

rooster69ph

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3458 posts
  • Interests:May langaw na papansin ...

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

Whatever the video is true or not, the gov.t still needs to investigate everyone who really funded Maute.  With the Martial Law if also hope that the govt. should also dismantle private armies in Mindanao.

Shouldn't this admininstration also be accountable for paying the php50m ransom to the abu sayaff?

#22 haroots2

haroots2

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3690 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:31 PM

Shouldn't this admininstration also be accountable for paying the php50m ransom to the abu sayaff?

Who paid the ransom, the family of the kidnapped victims or the govt.?  The govt. can only persuade the family but still the family has the last say since its the lives of their love ones that at stake.

#23 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3777 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:57 PM

It is not beyond the realm of possibility but government should investigate this thoroughly once it pulverizes that terror group. If it is found out that the LP is the brains behind this shenanigan, then the perpetrators should be dealt with harshly.

No offense to the thread starter.  That is just my opinion on the video.  The source is biased and the theory has no basis.  Mainstream media is still  the more credible source of information.

And i agree with your opinion. And that's why i call their Yellow Conspiracy Theory ridiculous

LP is the political lackey of the US.

LP's support of the destabilization against Duterte's administration is part of their role in helping the US maintain their political dominance of the Philippines. 

To the US, the Philippines is an important defense buffer to protect the US West Coast against Asian powers like China, Japan, Korea, and possible Islam powers like Indonesia and Malaysia.

They cannot allow a Philippine political leadership who has foreign policies not subservient to US economic and military interests.

I suggest you watch this video in full before commenting:

So those who say it is ridiculous to even think of US/Oligarch/LP involvement, think again

Edited by camiar, 29 May 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#24 rooster69ph

rooster69ph

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3458 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

Who paid the ransom, the family of the kidnapped victims or the govt.?  The govt. can only persuade the family but still the family has the last say since its the lives of their love ones that at stake.

So you are saying / confirming with direct knowledge that the family paid for it?

So if the maute grp asked for ransom money it is ok...the family has the final say right? The gov't can only convince.

Edited by rooster69ph, 29 May 2017 - 02:45 PM.

#25 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3777 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

If you're talking about the Democrats, yes, I agree but Trump is now the president and he is chummy with Duterte. I never liked the Democrats. 

Regarding the buffer you are talking about, there is no buffer because there are no US bases here unlike during Marcos' time. Duterte is a geopolitical rockstar. I dare say his influence is more powerful than the US in the ASEAN region. As for taking him down, I doubt it. The people will never allow a popular and respected president to be taken down. He is not only well respected by Filipinos world wide but by his peers. Case in point, Putin wasn't supposed to meet Duterte until Thursday last week but he told Duterte that he will meet him on Wednesday, the day he was gonna fly out to Manila, albeit, only for an hour. That's how much respect Duterte has earned.   

Another case in point. The Donald asked Duterte to call Xi and deliver a message regarding North Korea. Why would the most powerful man in the world even ask a president of a third-world country to be his conduit when he could have called Xi himself? Because the Donald knows that Duterte is a diplomatic grandmaster who has the respect of Xi. 

The political agenda of individual US Presidents are overshadowed by long-term policy makers of the USA. Their global strategies and policies transcends those of an individual President who only have a limited maximum of two 4-year terms to serve.

Even if Trump likes Duterte, it doesn't stop the well-entrenched vested interest groups of Corporate America from doing their own covert actions to maintain their stranglehold.

But right now, Duterte's strength is that the majority among all Social Classes A,B,C,D & E including the Leftists, and the Muslims, support him. He also has the support of the military who sees him as a refreshing change compared to bungling former president, Abnoy. I wouldn't be surprised if we learn that Russia and China are feeding him with intelligence information so he could outmaneuver the US-supported destabilization moves against him.

#26 juan t

juan t

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

If you think that, then do you also think that Duterte is the political lackey of China?

LP's support of the destabilization against Duterte's administration is part of their role in helping the US maintain their political dominance of the Philippines. 

There are 2 accusations here:

1.  That LP is involved in destabilization.   What is LP doing that constitutes destabilization?  It is unfair to accuse LP for the Marawi siege only because you THINK they are destabilizing the government.

2.  That the US controls Philippine politics.  While I will not argue that the US influences policies (for better or worse depending on how you look at things), I will not go as far as to say they have control.

To the US, the Philippines is an important defense buffer to protect the US West Coast against Asian powers like China, Japan, Korea, and possible Islam powers like Indonesia and Malaysia.

True.

They cannot allow a Philippine political leadership who has foreign policies not subservient to US economic and military interests.

Thats a strong statement already accusing the US of forcing their will.  If we look at the drug war situation, the US is influencing us by either giving or withholding aid.  They say they are doing this because they want to protect human rights.  Do you think this is a way for them to control the Philippines economically or militarily?  If your answer is yes, please explain how it is so.

Sorry but I did not watch the video.  Please give us a brief summary first so that we can ascertain whether it worth our time or not.

So those who say it is ridiculous to even think of US/Oligarch/LP involvement, think again.

• dungeonbaby likes this

#27 haroots2

haroots2

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3690 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

I think Duterte hit not just the tip but the whole ice berg in terms of drugs thus hitting the whole financial transactions in the underground world.  Lahat ngayon ng major parties involve sa drugs are already loosing billions.  And I think halos lahat ng political parties, rebel groups, active and former armies/police generals are involved in how the drug money are circulated.  At alam nila hindi nila kaya magsurvive kung hihintayin pa nila matapos ang term ni DU30, so they will do anything para bumalik sa "normal" ang kanilang illegal activities.

#28 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3777 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:01 AM

If you think that, then do you also think that Duterte is the political lackey of China?

There are 2 accusations here:

1.  That LP is involved in destabilization.   What is LP doing that constitutes destabilization?  It is unfair to accuse LP for the Marawi siege only because you THINK they are destabilizing the government.

2.  That the US controls Philippine politics.  While I will not argue that the US influences policies (for better or worse depending on how you look at things), I will not go as far as to say they have control.

True.

Thats a strong statement already accusing the US of forcing their will.  If we look at the drug war situation, the US is influencing us by either giving or withholding aid.  They say they are doing this because they want to protect human rights.  Do you think this is a way for them to control the Philippines economically or militarily?  If your answer is yes, please explain how it is so.

Sorry but I did not watch the video.  Please give us a brief summary first so that we can ascertain whether it worth our time or not.

So those who say it is ridiculous to even think of US/Oligarch/LP involvement, think again.

You should have watched the video before commenting.

Many of the answers to your comments are there.

Wag maging tamad. If you want to engage in intelligent discussion, there's a price to pay - that is, to know what the other poster is coming from -- in this case, by watching the video.

#29 juan t

juan t

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:24 PM

You should have watched the video before commenting.

Many of the answers to your comments are there.

Wag maging tamad. If you want to engage in intelligent discussion, there's a price to pay - that is, to know what the other poster is coming from -- in this case, by watching the video.

WTF!  You're telling me that I have to watch that 40 minute video so that I can understand where you're coming from?!  

You cannot tell me yourself where you are coming from?

#30 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3777 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:27 PM

WTF!  You're telling me that I have to watch that 40 minute video so that I can understand where you're coming from?!  

You cannot tell me yourself where you are coming from?

Yes, that's what I'm telling you.

If you want to comment, watch the video.

If you don't want to watch, then no need to comment. 

#31 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Chienne Počte

• 4502 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

Guys, someone is keeping an eye on your posts. Be warned.

#32 haroots2

haroots2

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3690 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Personally nahihinaan ako sa AFP in dealing with the crisis. A few snipers should not even a hindrance when you have air power and APC. A few hundreds should be easy.  Paano na lang kung China yan e di tiklop agad.

#33 rooster69ph

rooster69ph

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3458 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 01:32 PM

Personally nahihinaan ako sa AFP in dealing with the crisis. A few snipers should not even a hindrance when you have air power and APC. A few hundreds should be easy.  Paano na lang kung China yan e di tiklop agad.

Naka martial law na pa yan ha.

Kaya nga sunud sunuran si digong sa china. Nun sinabi ng china na pag nagpumilit siya eh baka humantong sa giyera di ba tiklop at sabi ano magagawa niya?

#34 JCR587

JCR587

Mahilig

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:42 PM

Maraming nag-galing galingan dito.  Kayo kaya ang sumabak doon sa Marawi para maipakita nyo kung gaano kayo kagaling.

#35 juan t

juan t

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:57 PM

Hindi lang siguro sanay mga sundalo natin sa urban warfare. First time ata mangyari toh sa city. Tanks can't maneuver the streets. Planes have to be more accurate when dropping bombs.

#36 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3777 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:21 PM

Naka martial law na pa yan ha.

Kaya nga sunud sunuran si digong sa china. Nun sinabi ng china na pag nagpumilit siya eh baka humantong sa giyera di ba tiklop at sabi ano magagawa niya?

Hindi lang siguro sanay mga sundalo natin sa urban warfare. First time ata mangyari toh sa city. Tanks can't maneuver the streets. Planes have to be more accurate when dropping bombs.

The above comments are uncalled for.

Terrorists' snipers are best dealt with using our own snipers. Air assets and tanks are of little use against snipers.

China will not fight us with snipers, but with overwhelming air and sea power. So, no basis for your comment.

But of course, rooster is just being obnoxious with his inane comments, as usual. From somebody who doesn't even know the value of basic military training in ROTC, what else can we expect, anyway?

Our planes are as accurate as they can be. The bombs that did hit the terrorists were precision guided. The bombs that hit our soldiers were conventional free fall bombs. Sorry, but we don't have a lot of precision-guided munitions. The friendly fire incident shows how close the troops are now to the positions of the enemy.

Edited by camiar, 02 June 2017 - 04:22 PM.

• mr_kindred23 likes this

#37 rooster69ph

rooster69ph

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3458 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:06 PM

The sec. Of defense gave an internal deadline up to today for the military to clean up the maute in marawi. Obviously they failed to meet this deadline.

But hey hindi pwedeng mabutasan si lord digong, dutertards to the rescue. Start the rationalization (a.k.a palusot).

#38 haroots2

haroots2

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3690 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:15 AM

The sec. Of defense gave an internal deadline up to today for the military to clean up the maute in marawi. Obviously they failed to meet this deadline.

But hey hindi pwedeng mabutasan si lord digong, dutertards to the rescue. Start the rationalization (a.k.a palusot).

Its not a lack of leadership for me.  I can see 2 obvious problem here. AFP and PNP personnel have the heart and will to fight the terrorist but they lack of hardware.  Also I don't think we have currently a military general that is an excellent military strategist.

#39 Aerial_Voyager

Aerial_Voyager

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:01 AM

Locking horns with China and yet a group of bandit less than 500 they could not neutralize. God bless the Philippines

#40 rooster69ph

rooster69ph

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3458 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 11:16 AM

Its not a lack of leadership for me.  I can see 2 obvious problem here. AFP and PNP personnel have the heart and will to fight the terrorist but they lack of hardware.  Also I don't think we have currently a military general that is an excellent military strategist.

But of course...just as expected.

As to the latter, kung yan ang assessment aba'y napakalaking problema niyan. eh sino ba ang commander in chief? Isipin mo wala siyang heneral na magaling na military strategist. short of saying bopols ang afp?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users