820 replies to this topic

#41 _toper_

_toper_

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

I think voters are more wiser now but looking at those who will run especially for the senatorial position it seems I will just stay home and watch DVD. Puro trapo wala man lang mapag pilian.

#42 scam

scam

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

ako sa tingin ko, kung talagang magaling ang anak, kapatid, pamangkin etc.... i boboto ko.. ang pangit yung appointing power eh kamag anak ng in appoint... para sa akin yun ang political dynasty...

Ang problema eh walang magaling. This country won't be in this s@%t kung meron magaling. Kung meron man magaling,
either his not yet known or not in the right place. Our leaders has been from dumb to dumber. The same manner are
the electorates.

#43 friendly0603

friendly0603

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1167 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

Let's see who wins before determining that voters are "wiser now".

#44 fatchubs

fatchubs

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1494 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

The problem with Philippine Politics is that it have become a PROFESSION rather than a PASSION to serve.

Kaya ayun, parang "family corporation" ang dating ... the chair of power is eventually passed on from generation to generation.

#45 Julianda

Julianda

Omry feek antia

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2645 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Not necessarily ... Looks at the Villars.

I'd rather go for a billionaire yet a "holier-than-thou" one like Manny Pacquiao. :rolleyes: He'll surely qualify as an "aristocratic" in a democratic government. Pwede syang mamudmod ng sarili nyang pera ng walang panghihinayang just because of his Catholic belief "ang nagbibigay ay pinagpapala".

And oh, if his wife wins? Dalawa na silang mamumudmod. Save by the bell malamang ang pera ng gobyerno. :ninja:

Edited by Julianda, 15 October 2012 - 01:19 PM.

#46 Julianda

Julianda

Omry feek antia

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2645 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

He'll surely qualify himself*

#47 _toper_

_toper_

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Amen to that Posted Image

#48 lomex32

lomex32

The Eye from the Sky

• Ambassador
  • 10551 posts
  • Interests:Automobiles, travel, cooking, computer gaming,

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Ha?

Manny Villar married Cynthia who came from the Aguilar dyansty

Dynasty by Affinity

#49 alberto_

alberto_

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

bro may exemption kasi pagdating sa power ng isang appointing authority.
halimbawa, ako si mayor, pwede ko iappoint as administrator or chief of staff, or executive assistant ang aking asawa kasi ang position kung saan inappoint ko sya ay confidential.
wala syang nilabag na batas, provided nakapagcomply sa minimum requirement provision ng csc

ako sa tingin ko, kung talagang magaling ang anak, kapatid, pamangkin etc.... i boboto ko.. ang pangit yung appointing power eh kamag anak ng in appoint... para sa akin yun ang political dynasty...

#50 zolber

zolber

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

Sen. Rene Saguisag, explaining why he was not running for reelection, said he could not send his children to school on a senator's meager salary.

Why then are senatorial candidates spending hundreds of millions for a position that pays little?

Pity the Cayetanos. They have two senators in the family "sacrificing" their tremendous income potential just to be able to serve the nation.

Throw in another Cayetano (by affinity) as city mayor, you have a complete picture of family members sacrificing their time and money for the people.

Or, are they?

#51 dungeonbaby

dungeonbaby

miss creant

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1597 posts
  • Interests:just deserts and cake

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

^things that make you go hmmn

#52 *kalel*

*kalel*

God of Lust

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6227 posts
  • Interests:yes, I am a Ginebra Fan :)

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Ang problema eh walang magaling. This country won't be in this s@%t kung meron magaling. Kung meron man magaling,
either his not yet known or not in the right place. Our leaders has been from dumb to dumber. The same manner are
the electorates.

the ironic part of it is that we are part of the electorate tha you called dumb... But i am confident that there are good people in the government and that i casted my vote according to whom i saw fit...

Edited by *kalel*, 15 October 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#53 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22114 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

Sen. Rene Saguisag, explaining why he was not running for reelection, said he could not send his children to school on a senator's meager salary.

saguisag has no chance to win, that is why.
besides, his health is too weak to sustain the physical stress of a campaign.

tigilan nya nga ako ng pakitang tao nya. he is no different than the others.

#54 zolber

zolber

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

saguisag has no chance to win, that is why.
besides, his health is too weak to sustain the physical stress of a campaign.

tigilan nya nga ako ng pakitang tao nya. he is no different than the others.

I also despise Saguisag's holier-than-thou pronuncements. But, in fairness to him, he uttered what I have quoted sometime in 1991 when he was still healthy.

#55 fatchubs

fatchubs

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1494 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

I'd rather go for a billionaire yet a "holier-than-thou" one like Manny Pacquiao. :rolleyes: He'll surely qualify as an "aristocratic" in a democratic government. Pwede syang mamudmod ng sarili nyang pera ng walang panghihinayang just because of his Catholic belief "ang nagbibigay ay pinagpapala".

And oh, if his wife wins? Dalawa na silang mamumudmod. Save by the bell malamang ang pera ng gobyerno. :ninja:

Well if you wanna think if it that way ... maybe ... BUT it just don't make sense to me for one to spend his own money for his campaign in order to win the election for him to do his charitable work/acts of social responsibility without any other motive.

Most of the Taipans like Lucio Tan, Gokongwei, Sy and TY to name a few have not entered politics but have their own foundations to do what you are saying.

#56 BnF95

BnF95

Still One More

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4600 posts
  • Interests:Jokes and Mischief
    Books and Booze
    Learning and improving myself

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

Is it just me or are there even more political dynasties than we realize, trace the interleaving family ties of these dynasties and it seems that even bastard children are encouraged to run for public office starting at the lowest levels (Barangay) going up.

#57 zolber

zolber

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Is it just me or are there even more political dynasties than we realize, trace the interleaving family ties of these dynasties and it seems that even bastard children are encouraged to run for public office starting at the lowest levels (Barangay) going up.

Very true. What happens in the national scene is replicated at the barangay level.

#58 zolber

zolber

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

Dick Pascual, a popular columnist of Philippine Star, has asked his readers to reject candidates of political dynasties. Here is an excerpt from his column today:

Even in the absence of an enabling law that the Big Boys in the Congress refuse to pass despite a constitutional command, THE PEOPLE KNOW the candidates of political dynasties whose only claim to eligibility is the family name they carry.

In a nation of almost 100 million only a dozen old political clans and another dozen emerging dynasties — some of them celebrity creations — continue to run our private lives and run away with public funds.

We cannot just watch helplessly as key government posts are passed on to politicians’ wives, children, siblings and close relatives as if these were family possessions.

We know who the candidates of dynasties are. In protest, LET’S NOT VOTE FOR THEM — especially those running for Senate and House seats. Let’s also campaign against them.

Edited by zolber, 18 October 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#59 scam

scam

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1267 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

Dick Pascual, a popular columnist of Philippine Star, has asked his readers to reject candidates of political dynasties. Here is an excerpt from his column today:

Even in the absence of an enabling law that the Big Boys in the Congress refuse to pass despite a constitutional command, THE PEOPLE KNOW the candidates of political dynasties whose only claim to eligibility is the family name they carry.

In a nation of almost 100 million only a dozen old political clans and another dozen emerging dynasties ó some of them celebrity creations ó continue to run our private lives and run away with public funds.

We cannot just watch helplessly as key government posts are passed on to politiciansí wives, children, siblings and close relatives as if these were family possessions.

We know who the candidates of dynasties are. In protest, LETíS NOT VOTE FOR THEM ó especially those running for Senate and House seats. Letís also campaign against them.

I am for this campaign & never will vote for any political DYNASTY, in particular the Aquinos, Marcos, Binays , Angaras to name a few
on the national level. Law makers has put aside the creation of enabling guide lines for the Anti Dynasty law cause they benefit from it since idots keep on electing them. If only Juan dela Cruz will be wise enough no to get these political clans into position, only then will these lawmakers move their asses. :angry2: :angry:

#60 zolber

zolber

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

I am for this campaign & never will vote for any political DYNASTY, in particular the Aquinos, Marcos, Binays , Angaras to name a few
on the national level. Law makers has put aside the creation of enabling guide lines for the Anti Dynasty law cause they benefit from it since idots keep on electing them. If only Juan dela Cruz will be wise enough no to get these political clans into position, only then will these lawmakers move their asses. :angry2: :angry:

Ito talaga ang kailangan: A voters' revolt against political dynasties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users