Writings of the Heart

A Story on Friendship

~ Author Unknown

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San Francisco.

"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a friend I'd like to bring home with me.

"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was hurt pretty badly in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking. Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone. The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later, however, they received a call from the San Francisco police. Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told. The police believed it was suicide.

The grief-stricken parents flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their horror they also discovered something they didn't know, their son had only one arm and one leg.

The parents in this story are like many of us. We find it easy to love those who are good-looking or fun to have around, but we don't like people who inconvenience us or make us feel uncomfortable. We would rather stay away from people who aren't as healthy, beautiful, or smart as we are.

Thankfully, there's someone who won't treat us that way. Someone who loves us with an unconditional love that welcomes us into the forever family, regardless of how messed up we are.

Tonight, before you tuck yourself in for the night, say a little prayer that God will give you the strength you need to accept people as they are, and to help us all be more understanding of those who are different from us!!! There's a miracle called Friendship That dwells in the heart You don't know how it happens Or when it gets started But you know the special lift It always brings. And you realize that Friendship Is God's most precious gift!

Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts to us. Show your friends how much you care....

THE GREATEST ADVICE

-Rick Warren, the Purpose Driven Life

Don't date because you are desperate.

Don't marry because you are miserable.

Don't have kids because you think your genes are superior.

Don't philander because you think you are irresistible.

Don't associate with people you can't trust.

Don't cheat. Don't lie. Don't pretend.

Don't dictate because you are smarter.

Don't demand because you are stronger.

Don't sleep around because you think you are old enough & know better.

Don't hurt your kids because loving them is harder.

Don't sell yourself, your family, or your ideals.

Don't stagnate!

Don't regress.

Don't live in the past. Time can't bring anything or anyone back.

Don't put your life on hold for possibly Mr. Right.

Don't throw your life away on absolutely Mr. Wrong because your

biological clock is ticking.

Learn a new skill.

Find a new friend.

Start a new career.

Sometimes, there is no race to be won, only a price to be paid for some of life's more hasty decisions.

To terminate your loneliness, reach out to the homeless.

To feed your nurturing instincts, care for the needy.

To fulfill your parenting fantasies, get a puppy.

Don't bring another life into this world for all the wrong reasons.

To make yourself happy, pursue your passions & be the best of what you can be.

Simplify your life. Take away the clutter.

Get rid of destructive elements: abusive friends, nasty habits, and dangerous liaisons.

Don't abandon your responsibilities but don't overdose on duty.

Don't live life recklessly without thought and feeling for your family.

Be true to yourself.

Don't commit when you are not ready.

Don't keep others waiting needlessly.

Go on that trip. Don't postpone it.

Say those words. Don't let the moment pass.

Do what you have to, even at society's scorn.

Write poetry.

Love Deeply.

Walk barefoot.

Dance with wild abandon.

Cry at the movies.

Take care of yourself. Don't wait for someone to take care of you.

You light up your life.

You drive yourself to your destination.

No one completes you - except YOU.

It isn't true that life does not get easier with age.

It only gets more challenging.

Don't be afraid. Don't lose your capacity to love.

Pursue your passions.

Live your dreams.

Don't lose faith in God.

Don't grow old. Just grow YOU! *(tuo ko ani bai)

When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back.

Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give to someone is your time.

Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is T-I-M-E because the essence of love is not what we think or do or provide for others, but how much we give of ourselves...

:wub:

Its falling and falling. Falling like you fell for her. Falling hard and fast and roughly but sweet and lightly and beautiful. Its falling from the sky, far far away up where heaven knows, falling down quick but in a slow motion, before smashing on the ground.

You love the rain. Yes, you really do. Really. It means so much for you. Several moments in your life have been in the rain. Some sad ones and some happy ones. Some sweet ones and some bad ones. Whatever they were, they mean a lot for you. Really. They do.

You remember the time you first met. It was raining then. Oh, it was such a rainstorm because thats how you felt. A complete disaster. Your life was a dirty mess and you met her in a coffeeshop. You were bored and looking for a hot mocha frappe, flipping through a boring cheap thriller book with a pathetic title and unknown author in big golden letters.

What about the time you kissed? Storm. Rainstorm of course.

At a party, you saw her there. She was friend of a friends friend apparently. You gave her a smile and he shot a goofy-looking smile back. But then, later on, you caught her in the bathroom to a cute looking guy you did not want to know the name of. Lips glued, arms and legs tangled, bodies swaying. He was kissing the life out of her.

You froze, caught her eye and ran. You ran, ran and ran in the rain. All wet, all cold. You ran till your legs couldnt carry you and the feeling of stupidity broke out. The tears were burning away the coldness from your cheeks. So many emotions were washing you. Sadness, anger, heartache, frustration, you name it. Thats when you felt the slight pressure on your shoulder and the heavy smell of alcohol went up your nose. Her. It was Her, the one with the big H.

*******. Idiot. You refused to look at her and you barely even knew her or even knew why you felt like this and she begged you to forgive her and she barely even knew you. She gave the explanation of why be had been with that guy. Suddenly, stupidity came back again. You felt so stupid. *******. Idiot.

She slowly, very carefully, put her hands around your waist, so gently as if you were going push her away any moment, which you would if it werent for the fact that you had oddly forgiven her. Thats when it happened.

CRASH! BANG! BOOM! Everything around you exploded and you drowned with no mercy. She kissed you. She kissed you! You fell right then, right there, that moment. Nothing would be the same. Nothing.

The days and weeks and months that followed were heaven. Oh so beautiful and sweet love. Roses, chocolate, dinners, cuddling in the couch while watching Peter Pan (your favourite film), dancing, cards, books, kisses, laughter, banana splits in cafés and other lovely stuff lovers suppose to do. Everything was so perfect until devil himself showed up of course and took over. You should have known it was too good to last.

The break-up was very hard to go through but just like the sentence tells, you did make it through. It was in the rain too though. You both went out one day together. Had dinner, some little drinks and dancing, a walk and so on, you know, the usual stuff. You felt it inside you, coming, just like you always do. It was going to rain. You were on your way back home and then she abruptly stopped. She gave you the We-Need-To-Talk-It-Is-Serious-Look. The look that told you everything would change. And then she uttered those three words. Three simple words that did changed everything.

"It is over."

Thats all she said before she turned away. Away from the rain. Away from you. You fell this time too. You fell down to the ground on your knees and cried, the tears making no difference to the rain that fell so slowly and sweet and sad. It was raining just like your emotions and wetting you, leaving you cold and gasping and shivering.

here was no rainstorm that day. Just rain.

This is life, you think. This is happiness. And you couldnt care a damn about anything else.

- http://www.allananova.com

Guest bleeding_angel

i like the rain because it drowns the sorrow in my heart. i turn to oblivion and i just get lost... my memory erased and i feel nothing but peace.

I submitted this poem for my freshman college english class, which I wrote immediately after finding out that my MU/classmate had a boyfriend. What is more painful about is that I only learned about it on the night of her debut, at the time when I was about to fess up and propose to her. Reading it now, I find it utterly childish and too mushy for my taste. However, this is one of the few instances that I totally bared my soul and tears were shed in the process. When I recited this poem in class, I had a lump in my throat. It was only after my friend walked out with a hanky on her eyes that the class realize the following poem was about us.

Starless Night

From under the shadows on your eighteenth night

I watched you groove against the moon's pale light

Your brown hair flowin', your long dress white

Your smile like candy, on that starless night

In my mind's eye I saw you and me

Caught up in a bliss so wild, so free

We touched each other, may hands to thee

As we gazed at tomorrow, over a recurring sea

But when dreams, reality always appears

When happiness does cease, pain slowly peers

A concealed knowledge about you, I did overhear

And everything crumbled to a silent of tears

And there I stood alone with no one beside

The music and noise of emotions have died

The darkness kissed me, and dragged me into its tide

And hugged my soul gently, on that starless night

Poem for my Bebe by Maris Reyes

I've never known a love like yours

nor thought it could come true.

But everytime I kiss your lips,

I feel what love can do.

With smile so sweet

and lips so tender,

each moment with you

makes my heart surrender.

I couldn't think, I couldn't breathe

without you by my side.

Never will I let you go,

my love will never hide.

And in my heart you'll always be,

from now until forever,

no matter what, no matter where,

we'll always be together.

http://libandi.blogs.friendster.com/

Edited by abiakak

Poem for my Bebe by Maris Reyes

I've never known a love like yours

nor thought it could come true.

But everytime i kiss your lips,

i feel what love can do.

With smile so sweet

and lips so tender,

each moment with you

makes my heart surrender.

I couldn't think, i couldn't breathe

without you by my side.

Never will i let you go,

my love will never hide.

And in my heart you'll always be,

from now until forever,

no matter what, no matter where,

we'll always be together.

The above is a snippet from this blog:

http://libandi.blogs.friendster.com/

KISS ME GOODBYE

Angela Aki

You say my love is all you need to see you through

But I know these words are not quite true

(So) here is the path you're looking for, an open door

Leading to worlds you long to explore

Go if you must move on alone

I'm gonna make it on my own

Kiss me good-bye, love's memory

Follow your heart and find your destiny

Won't shed a tear for love's mortality

For you put the dream in my reality

As time goes by I know you'll see this of me

I loved you enough to let you go free

Go, I will give you wings to fly

Cast all your fears into the sky

Kiss me good-bye, love's mystery

All of my life I'll hold you close to me

Won't shed a tear for love's mortality

For you put the dream in my reality

Kiss me good-bye, love's memory

You put the dream in my reality

...yun lang po...

well i don't know if your interested or what i really don't give a damn.hehehe well i wrote this letter to my girlfriend a couple of years back... anywayz it goes like this...

there are times in my life i wander how important it is to consider someone special. i've never been in love, never felt the difference of admiration or true love. there are books telling us the difference but it really differs from personal experience. i've known you for quite a while now. you made our conversations interesting, as i'm a man of few words, you became the person i talk to, made me happy and your the one and only person that understood me for who i am and for who i should be. its quite mushy to say you made me feel the importance of living, but i guess i realized the meaning of life when i knew you. some men might think having a girlfriend boost their manhood whatsoever but having a girlfriend to love, cherish, care for, and share your life with changes me, and not boost my manhood but made a man out of me. what made me realized that i found my destiny in you is not the companionship nor the friendship but the way you made me laugh. some might say watch a movie that will make you laugh or go watch a comedy show that will out supply your lungs air laughing. the difference in our laughs, is the way you made my laugh loving my life. i love you for the simpliest reasons. it maybe vague, it maybe plain but it's all i ask for. no matter what obstacles we encounter in our pretty perfect world, i'll always be here to love, cherish, care and share the rest of my life giving you the best of what the world could give...and to answer the difference between true love from admiration is that, admiration is giving one person acknowledgement and respect, while true love is recognizing a person for showing you the importance of existance and that is worth the courtesy of respect...

hope you guys loved my letter to my girlfriend... coz she loves it so much that made her marry me and with been together fifteen years now...

wow.. dahil sa thread na to i visited my blog, na inactive na for almost 1 year.. para lang mkpgshare din.. :lol:

here's my blog entry "Reasons"..

i truly believe that there's always a reason for everything. every step we take, there's a reason behind it. every successful moment we live, there's a reason behind it. every time we fall from grace, there's a reason for it. every time our hearts get broken, there's always a reason behind it, whether it be our own doing or just plain fate. and speaking of fate and something called destiny, when we find that one person we will spend the rest of our lives with, there's definitely a reason behind it.

me & my girl, we've been through so much heartbreak for almost our entire lives. you name it, we've been through it. yes it hurts, but we never gave up on finding the one. maybe we didn't think it like so, but maybe all those heartbreaks were meant for us to be stronger, for whatever lies ahead of us. and, when the time came na we finally found each other, we both agreed that maybe all the pain was worth it. and, if you're reading this, all that gives me more reasons...

...to wake up each and every day with a smile on my face, because i know that i make you happy.

...to look forward to each day, because you say that i make you fall in love with me every time i'm with you.

...to take bold steps that i've never taken before, because when i took one bold step, i ended up falling in love with you.

...to be more determined than ever before, because i made you a guarantee that i will never leave you and hurt you in any way.

...to look forward to the next 3 to 5 years of our lives, because i made you a guarantee that i will marry you after 3 to 5 years.

...to stay strong, because whenever i see you in your moments of weakness i feel helpless.

...not to be afraid, because i know that i can run to you in my moments of weakness.

...to think of our future, because you told me you wanted to spend the rest of your days with me.

...not to think of my past, because all that matters to me now is you.

...to be happy, because of the joy i always feel when i'm with you, and whenever i see you happy when we're together.

...to believe in love again, because after all the heartbreak i've been through i still ended up with the girl of my dreams [guess who that is...]

...not to hurt you in any way, because you told me you've been waiting for me your entire life.

...to cherish our time together, because i feel like i'm in heaven whenever you're by my side.

...to live, because i can't stand a single day without seeing you or even hearing your voice.

...to love, because i have you.

...to love you, because my life just doesn't begin and end with you. my life IS you.

MOVING ON...

If someone comes into your life and becomes a part of you but for some reasons he couldn't stay, don't cry too much just be glad that your paths crossed and somehow he made you happy even for a while.Always remember that if you lose someone today, it means that someone better is coming tomorrowAnyone who has gone through the agony of losing someone she/he loves so much will still wish against all odds to have that love back again.But, sometimes a love lost is a love gone forever. No amount of hope can bring back to life a relationship that just died a natural death. Set yourself free. Let your heart spread its wings and fly. Remember, it may rain for 40 days and 40 nights, but still will not rain forever. One day the pouring will stop and there will be plenty of branches where you can find rest.One of these is where you will build your nest and start over again. It's never too late. Remember, you may find love and lose it but "WHEN LOVE DIES, YOU NEVER HAVE TO DIE WITH IT"Remember, you cannot be a redeemer all your life. The best way to weigh a relationship is out it in the test of fire. You cannot be a sooner of your mistake forever. Remember, we all fall and make wrong decisions but our blunders are meant not to bury us deep in misery but to teach us the valued lessons of life.Loving is always a learning process. With love, we learn HOW TO CARE and SACRIFICE. We learn to SHARE and REACH OUT. We learn to be UNSELFISH and GIVE MORE THAN WE CAN. And when everything doesn't end well, we learn how it feels like to FALL and GET HURT. But learning doesn't have to end there. After our fall, we strive to get back on our feet and move on. This is where we learn that "LIFE DOESN'T END WHERE OUR HEARTACHES BEGIN. "THERE IS NO FUTURE IN A RELATIONSHIP OF LIES AND SELFISHNESS” It’s true, there is life in love. But, there can still be life even after losing love if you LEAVE the past behind and let your heart HEAL and give you the chance to FIND yourself again. The success of a relationship lies not only in the beauty of its beginning but in its consistency. Make a choice not on impulse but a decision based on a healthy balance of mind and heart. Let us always remember that...."HAPPINESS IS NOT A MATTER OF DESTINY BUT A MATTER OF CHOICE”. There comes a time in our lives when we chance upon someone so nice and beautiful and we just find ourselves getting so intensely attracted to that person. This feeling soon becomes a part of our everyday lives and eventually consumes our thoughts and actions. The sad part of it is when we begin to REALIZE that this person feels NOTHING MORE for us than FRIENDSHIP. We start our desperate attempt to GET NOTICED and BE CLOSER but in the end our efforts are still UNREWARDED and we end up being SORRY FOR OURSELVES.

There comes a time in our lives when we chance upon someone so nice and beautiful and we just find ourselves getting so intensely attracted to that person. This feeling soon becomes a part of our everyday lives and eventually consumes our thoughts and actions. The sad part of it is when we begin to REALIZE that this person feels NOTHING MORE for us than FRIENDSHIP. We start our desperate attempt to GET NOTICED and BE CLOSER but in the end our efforts are still UNREWARDED and we end up being SORRY FOR OURSELVES."YOU DON'T HAVE TO FORGET SOMEONE YOU LOVE. WHAT YOU NEED TO LEARN IS HOW TO ACCEPT THE VERDICT OF REALITY WITHOUT BEING BITTER OR SORRY FOR YOURSELF. YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF GIVING THAT THE DEDICATION AND LOVE TO SOMEONE MORE DESERVING". Don't let your heart run your life, be sensible and let your mind speak for itself. Listen not only to your feelings but to reason as well. Always remember that if you lose someone today, it means that someone better is coming tomorrow. "IF YOU LOSE LOVE, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU HAVE FAILED IN LOVE. CRY IF YOU HAVE TO, BUT MAKE SURE THAT TEARS WASH AWAY THE HURT AND THE BITTERNESS THAT THE PAST LEFT YOU WITH.LET GO OF YESTERDAY AND LOVE WILL FIND ITS WAY BACK TO YOU” And when it does, pray that it may be the love that will stay and last a lifetime. A woman on the rebound could easily fall for sweeping emotions and be made to falsely believe that she finally stumbled upon the right man when what she just found is only someone to cover up for the love she lost. A man who makes a promise with words and not with actions may never live up to fulfill them.” ITS TRUE THAT LOVE CAN WAIT FOREVER BUT IT IS CRAZY TO STUBBORNLY HOPE FOR SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T EVEN CARE OR UNDERSTAND HOW WE FEEL." Love makes us see things through rose-colored glasses. Most of the time, we fail to recognize the danger sign that light up along our way. This feeling you have nurtured for so long isn't healthy anymore. You must realize that you have to let go now before it consumes you and your sanity. There is always a time to think and stop. A time to be sensible and not allow our hearts to rule over our heads. "YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY NOT IN THE ARMS OF A MAN WHO KEEPS YOU WAITING BUT IN THE ARMS OF SOMEONE WHO WILL TAKE YOU NOW AND LOVE YOU FOREVER." If loving a person who is attached to someone else is a crime, then maybe, many of us would have been jailed long before we realize what its consequences could have been. Loving someone is never a sin. It is what people do out of love that sometimes makes it all wrong. The selfish desire to want that person is what makes it a sin. "DON'T THINK ONLY OF YOUR FEELINGS FOR REAL LOVE. HAVE A PLACE FOR SELFISH PEOPLE. "When there is love, there is always sacrifice.

:lol: :cool:

another one...

Although the intended readers are women, this is a good read for men as well. have a blessed time reading! A more important question is - how do you catch the RIGHT one? Simple : You take only the bus that's headed the RIGHT DIRECTION. First we must allow our Heavenly Father to do the picking. And second, the decision for a mate must be made on a spiritual and intellectual basis before it's made on an emotional one. What about love?, you ask. I'll tell you why. "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? (Jeer 17:9). The heart is willful and is driven by its own agenda. It does not consider things rationally and intelligently - it just loves to love! Therefore you have to point it in the right directions:" Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life" (Proverbs 4:23).Whenever you meet a man, you need to get clearance from God, check out his attributes, and then allow your heart to engage. Dating exists not for mating; it exists for collecting data. I believe that the biblical design would be friendship, courtship and then marriage. Friendship is two people walking together in agreement and accountability, learning and growing together. Courtship follows the mutual agreement to commit to one another exclusively - it is the decisive turning toward the agreed-upon goal of the marriage altar. It is a period of laying a foundation and preparing your life together after marriage. But dating? Well, if you do date, use the time wisely to gather facts. So when you do gather facts, let us compare the process to clothes shopping. 1. Check out the fabric. Is the person mate

Material? Does this man have an intimate relationship with the Father through Jesus Christ? Does he care what God thinks about his behavior? Is he accountable to God as well as another co-laborer in the faith? Accountability is an important factor. It is imperative to maintaining a committed relationship. Is your potential spouse a member of the same family - the family of God? Scripture is clear on this: “Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?” (2 Cor 6:14). You need to have common interest and values and agree on the essentials of living day to day. You have a similar spiritual walk. You eat the same diet. You enjoy a lot of similar things. You have like interests, like goals in life, like opinions on basic life issues. You have had like experiences in your background. Though there is some truth to the idiom that opposites attract, like-minded folks fare better together. Furthermore, does he want to get married? If you want to be married and your dreamboat isn't interested, don't waste your time. Remember, women fall in love and get married. Men decide to get married and then look for a wife. Note the difference in order. So if a guy says he's not looking for anything serious, take his words seriously. If he's not going your direction, get off the bus, wait for the right one. 2. Does this man want you? Is he pursuing you? The man who is right for you will pursue you and God's hand in the relationship will be clear. No guessing, no fleeces, no dead ends. Scripture says: “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord” (Prov 18:22). Note - who finds whom? THE MAN FINDS THE WIFE. From the beginning of time, God has transported men & women across the world in order to put them together. At the RIGHT TIME, He will bring that man on the scene and he will find you. In God's perfect design, the man is the one who recognizes his mate. Adam has no problem recognizing that Eve was his missing rib. You do not need to strategically place yourself anywhere. You don't have to help a guy out because he's shy. Men will do whatever they have to do to get what they truly want. The man in your life should recognize you as the pearl of great price in his life and be willing to do whatever he must in order to gain your hand. If he is passive about gaining your affections, take it as a sign that he is not interested. Many a woman's mother has suggested that it is a good idea to marry a man who loves you more than you love him. As cold as that sounds, it actually might be scriptural if you stop to think about it “We love him because he first loved us” (1 Jn 4:19).Until then, take the ultimate chill pill. You don't need a bunch of men in your life to make you feel all right about yourself. You need only one man- your man, the one God has selected to select you. And trust me, the right man at the wrong time can be just as awful as the wrong man at anytime. So trust God's timing in this. He is the ultimate matchmaker. Relax, sit pretty and allow yourself to be found! Again - WAIT until the man voices his intentions. He should take the lead in establishing the relationship. You may have inkling that he is the one, but God will use the man to set the tone of the relationship. Allow him the opportunity to woo you - this is your first act of submission. Jesus set the standard for all men to follow. They should love us first. And they should lead the relationship.3. The man in your life should not desire to move into your house, only into your heart. A man who prepares for your future has made his intentions clear. A man who is husband material has the means to take care of a wife. He is a responsible human being who understands he needs to have something to offer. In short, a man should have the means to be a suitable lover for you.4. Check out his buddies. Everyone knows birds of the same feather flock together, yet most women fail to see the connection between a man and his friends. A man's pals tell you a lot about the person that you haven't seen yet. They reveal things about the guy's character that might be hidden when he is on good behavior. Everyone knows how to put his best foot forward. Don't stay focused on the foot, check out the rest of thebody! 5. Check out his relationship with his mother. How does he treat her? This is your preview of how he will treat you. There are lots of men who,because of a negative relationship with their mothers, really don't like women, yet say they do. Unresolved issues between mother and son continuebetween husband and wife.6. Remember that a man's family reveals the cloth from which he's cut.Take note and decide whether you want your future with the man in yourlife to look like his present family situation.7. Check out the patterns of his life. Do you see repeated cycles of dramain his personal kingdom? broken relationships? problems in making commitments? including the job market? mood swings? Is a problem alwayssomeone else's fault? Does he embrace responsibility or shirk it? Does hekeep his promises? Is he a man of good reputation? Remember all garmentslook wonderful hanging in the store, but with wear, some being to unravel.Give yourself time and space to check out the man in your life. Time willalways reveal whether or not he is made of the right stuff.8. Does this man have a vision for his life? Is he running with thatvision? Remember, God decided Adam needed help once Adam got busy DOINGhis assignment. As we saw Adam, a man doesn't need help until he is busydoing what he was created and called to do. Is your guy guided by sense ofdestiny and purpose, or does he just allow life to happen around him? A man who is not certain of his mission can be a most miserable person - and you’ll be miserable too if you know where YOU want to go in life. A man who has vision is not intimidated by a woman whose mission statement is clear. He will be your best ally, cheerleader and assistant because hewants you both to make it! A man who cannot be supportive of yourachievements because he is floundering in a sea of uncertainty over hisown life is not a healthy partner to have and to hold forever. Creatingdependencies or feelings of obligation is not the way to get the best out of your man.Somewhere along the way, he will resent you and flee from the smotheringburden of obligation he associates you with. You want a man who is firmlyanchored in his identity in Christ. Remember, we are looking for a man whowill be priest and leader of his home. His first instinct should be towant to cover you, redeem you, and provide for you. Your job is to decideif this is the man God has ordained for you to complement.9. Complementarity. Do your talents and gifts complement his? Do his giftscomplement yours? What about your temperaments? Do you see the two of you as an effective team capable of bringing blessing to the lives of thosearound you? Do your futures mesh? Can you coordinate your gifts in an attractive and effective way? This is why knowing your purpose is soimportant. Make sure your hearts beat for mutual causes. When I goshopping always consider the fabric, the fit and what I already have in mycloset. Will my next purchase be a complementary addition to what I already have? If I find that I am going to have to buy shoes and matchingaccessories to go with a new outfit, I leave it right on the rack. It istoo expensive a proposition.If the man you meet makes you feel that you need to completely reinventyourself, something is wrong. This is where I ask you to consider therelationship in terms of cost. Is this relationship expensive spiritually,emotional or physically? Does your longing for a mate make you willing toforfeit who you are in the process? Or does he see you as the gift thatyou are?The man in your life should consider you a rare find, a priceless jewel -because of you he is getting ready to get blessed big-time! Anyrelationship that causes you to feel unworthy, unlovely, unacceptable,undesirable or that you have to work for love, is too expensive!God has called the man to cover, protect and provide not only materiallyfor a woman, but emotionally and spiritually as well. You should be richerin mind, body and spirit for your union with the man of your dreams. The man in your life should make rich deposits into your heart and spirit, notwithdrawals.10. Does he have a healthy love & acceptance of himself? Make sure the man cin your life has taken time to heal from past relationships and has made peace with himself. How he cares for himself is how he will care for you.A man's relationship with God is crucial here. His love for himself willonly be as strong as his love for God. This is not something that you canimpart. You cannot be his savior or teacher. That is out of spiritualorder. In his rightful place as your personal priest, he should be leadingyou to a richer relationship with Christ. If he is causing you tocompromise your faith and destabilize your walk, if he is leading you intosexual sin or causing you to be distracted from your commitment to Christ,the relationship is too expensive. Offending the Lover of your soul, whopromises you eternal love, is too high a fare to pay for a ride that has a limited run.If you and your man can't soar in the Spirit, when the force of your lovefor another is tested by the pull or gravity of the world, your union willnot be able to survive.So you decide. How much is your life worth? How much is your love worth?You will be able to accept only what you believe you deserve. God himselfcalculated the worth of your love and decided it was worth His life. Henow pledges you His love for eternity. Yes, Jesus sets the example for allothers to follow when He paid a ransom for His bride. Should you expectless from a mortal man? Throughout the biblical age, men were willing topay the cost for the hand that they desired. The truth of the matter is, everyone knows that anything worth having, costs. And no one gets a ridein this life for free.

nothing much to share..this is all i got as of this time... :lol:

Saw this "self-made" poem that I never knew existed..

HOPE

I hope that YOU would give me things that I haven't experienced,

I hope to have things that I have dreamt and wished,

Still to live so small but in YOUR eyes as big & wide as the heavens,

To feel so great, but humble as a shaven land..

October 1992..

A poem made for English class, the objective of which, was to parody Hamlet's "To Be, Or Not To Be."

To Court Or Not To Court

To court, or not to court, that is the question

Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind

To watch in silence as she goes with another

Or to take a chance at being with her forever

And by being daring, succeed.

To court, to be at one’s best for love

And by being at one’s best we mean

To end the idiocy and the numerous idiosyncrasies

That loveless people are prone to.

‘Tis a consummation, to be often wished to be in love.

To fail at love, to fall from grace, ay there’s the sting!

For in that moment of great sadness

What stupidity may come

When we have realized what fools we were,

And in our foolishness, fall even further

For who could bear the pain of loneliness, the being a wallflower in the dance

The constant thinking of why we deserve this, and why she did it

And the fear that it may happen again

Might in our downtime make

Us feel that there is no more hope.

And thus the mind constantly opposes the heart

And when we are all set

We suddenly falter at our plan

And great visions of togetherness forever

In this view our stomach turns

And we are left to do no right or wrong

Neither sad nor happy, in our safe little shells.

Shut up, blasted brain! Here she comes.

Lovely lady, I hope you will be mine.

:lol:

Lancelot & Guenivere finally had a moment together. It was a moment that is endearing to both of them. It was the first time that Lancelot saw Guenivere having so much fun, really a wonderful sight that Lancelot wishes that moment would never end. She had a little drink so she's a little bit tipsy but she's doing fine. Then on the bed, Lancelot and the lovely Queen Guenivere started to kiss. Gentle at first then gets passionate after a moment. Moment got intense until they finally do it. It's an incredible moment! Afterwards is a relaxing moment for Lancelot and Guenivere as they were blissfully conversing while cooling off.

here is something I read somewhere.. a writing from the heart of a parent with a little twist..

Dear Anak,

Naipadala ko na 50 thousand pesos na tuition fee mo, panagbili na namin nag mga kalabaw natin. Ang mahal pala ng kursong COUNTER STRIKE, wala na din pala tayong baboy naibenta na din para dun sa sinasabi mo na project nyo na NOKIA N75, ang mahal naman ng project nayun. kasama din ang 7 thousand dun para sa field trip nyo sa MALL OF ASIA, anak malayo ba yun mag ingat ka sa pagbibiyahe mo, isasanla pala namin ang palayan natin para mabili mo nag yung instrumentong I-POD na kinakailangan mo sa laboratory nyo. Anak komportable kaba jan sa boarding house mo san ba kamu yan… sa VICTORIA COURT - maganda ba dyan di ba mainit jan. Anak kamusta na pala yung group project nyo na SANMIG LIGHT napailaw nyo na ba? mataas ba nakuha nyo na grado dun.

Anak sana bago pa maubos ang lahat lahat ng ari-arian natin ay maka gradweyt kana, walong taon ba talaga ang kurso mo sa SECRETARIAL, sana pag graweyt mo makakuha ka ng trabaho kaagad kagaya ng manager ng kumpanya para mabawi natin ang mga ari arian nating sa sanglaan. ay cya nga pala anak diba sabi mo sa JOLLIBEE / MAK DONALD ka palagi kumakain ok ba naman sayo ang mga ulam dyan baka hindi masarap kawawa ka naman.Eh yung school bus nyo na TAXI sabihin mo sa driver mag ingat cya sa pag dri-drive.

Anak hanggang dito nalang at sa susunod ay ipapadala ko sayo ang pera na pambili mo ng ALTIS na gagamitin mo sa VACANT SUBJECT mo.

Ang nagmamahal

Itay at Inang

P.S. Anak mag aral ka ng mabuti.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest saintwitch

Michael,

i wish i can hold you near me, touch your face, feel your lips and make you mine, i wish i can tell you

i love you but i know you belong to someone else. can i keep you?

My very own award-winning entry to FHM Philippines, more than two years ago.

What if suddenly your world goes upside-down and crazy?

Who would you approach for help? Perhaps a close friend, or maybe a dear sibling.

But how about me? If you think I’ve forgotten you, I’m sorry you’re wrong.

Just because I no longer communicate with you, doesn’t mean that you’re out of my mind.

It’s just that the world is so busy, I barely have time to relax.

But remember, I will always be here for you, no matter what.

-- Justin Nicholas

Crazy, but I wrote it with all my heart. And I still keep it with me!

Edited by justin nicholas

SINGLE

Bakit kya ang tao

gusto ng kapareha

Db masaya

kahit tayo ay nag-iisa?

Nung tayo ay sanggol pa?

naghanap ba tayo ng jowa?

Hindi di ba?

Namuhay tayo mag-isa.

Isang misteryo talaga

ang buhay may-asawa... o kahit magsyota

sa una may lambingan... sa kalaunan nagsapakan

mangyayari kya ang sakitan kung tayo'y mag-isa lamang

Malungkot ang buhay

kung nag-iisa

pero mas ok na ito

kesa sakit sa ulo.

Darating kya ang araw

na darating ang natatanggi?

I won't search for her for now...

Gusto ko ang buhay single... nothing else more...

I wrote this one. For someone that fcking got away

Throngs of demons that catapult themselves in a restless array of events forced me to scatter my own body parts along the dark crevices of my own personal liking and death. Revival and persecution.

I am, now, not in control. A recurring dream has uttered its edict; to yearn for something unattainable. It is my own phantom of beastly ensemble that robbed me of tender sleep and wake. She is no one to you or to anyone that we know, but she is bitter bile of a cream puff available at all Goldilocks Bakeshop.

I’m proud. To have been blessed to have my own hypnotic specter, be rewarded someone subdue my ugly disillusions and inanities. A paladin of the broken armory, a crusader of masked villainy.

She is better than your “damned saint” oxymoron, and worse than the painful lashings of a leather belt. She is the kaleidoscope of oblivious recall. A beauty that ought to be, or gentleness patterned.

I am strong; In my belief and daily practice, that I am. I have succeeded in fortifying my walls, for own solitude and confinement. Not even an angry tempest can weather this edifice away. But her childish rampage and innocence at hand, rammed her way like a gentle barbarian. unnoticeable, ‘til the very last brick and stone have kissed the dire ground.

My dilemma.

Her name cannot be uttered for I am in constant guard of her revering anima. Of my own. Not to scare the untamed fox away.

Constant wildfire on the savannah of winter.

She doesn’t want me. My name is an unheard, bi-syllabic sound. She doesn’t care. But I am in constant pursuit of that care.

Her image haunts my nighttime slumber and afternoon undertakings.

I am loving her from a distance. It is as if death lingers around her. a reason for me to fear her and worse? Whose death? Mine? Hers? Ours? The world’s? The galaxy’s? The universe’s? Existence itself? Thought of forms?

Like night from day. Like water and cigarettes. We will be in stasis. Until I break its cycle. Until she budges to see my eyes flicker and hear my colors and smell my words; other abominations scream her name.

• 2 weeks later...

Love conquers all. As in.

Here's a gut-wrenching and heart-warming narrative emailed to me by a friend.

A Story of Love

We' ve been friends for a long time ago. We come from the same alma mother. Actually, our paths crossed one time on another. But it's only now that I gave him a second look. I realized that beauty is in the eyes. The pulpbits of my heart went fast, really fast. Cute pala siya. And then, he came over with me. He said, "I hope you don't mine. Can I get your number?" Nag-worry ako. What if he doesn't give it back? He explained naman na it's so we could keep intact daw. Sabi ko, connect me if i'm wrong but are you asking me ouch? Nabigla siya. Sagot niya, "The!" Aba! Parang siya pa ang galit! Persona ingrata!!! Ang kapal niya! I cried buckles of tears.

Na-guilty yata siya. Sabi niya, isipin mo na lang na this is a blessing in the sky. Irregardless daw of his feelings, we'll go ouch na rin. Now, we're so in love. Mute and epidemic na ang past. Thanks God we swallowed our fried. Kasi, I'm 33 na and I'm running our time. After 2 weeks, he plopped the question. "Will you marriage me?" I'm in a state of shocked. Kasi mantakin mo, when it rains, it's four! This is true good to be true. So siyempre, I said yes. Love is a many splendor.

Pero nung inaayos ko na ang aming kasal, everything swell to pieces. Nag-di-dinner kami noon nang biglang sa harap ng aming table, may babaeng humirit ng, "Well, well, well. Look do we have here." What the fuss! The nerd ng babaeng yon! She said they were still on. So I told her, whatever is that, cut me some slacks! I didn't want this to get our hand kaya I had to sip it in the bud. She accused me of steeling her boyfriend. Ats if! I don't want to portrait the role of the other woman. Gosh, tell me to the marines! I told her, "please, mine you own business!" Who would believe her anyway?

Dahil it's not my problem anymore but her problem anymore, tumigil na rin siya ng panggugulo. Everything is coming up daisies. I'm so happy. Even my boyfriend said liketwice. He's so supportive. Sabi niya, "Look at is this way. She's our of our lives."

Kaya advise ko sa inyo - take the risk. You can never can tell. Just burn the bridge when you get there. Life is shorts. If you make a mistake, we'll just pray for the internal and external repose of your soul. I second emotion.

ex,

how've you been?

i dreamt about you very very recently. in my dream, you were crying. now i can't help it but you, even in dream form, bring out the messiah in me. i feel the need to save you, yet again. unfortunately sweetheart, everytime i do, i end up losing very important parts of myself, without you gaining much. too much damage on both sides. tsk tsk.

oftentimes, when i'm alone, i hear you cry out. sometimes when it gets really bad, i feel you, reaching out for me.

apparently the years apart could never and will never change anything.

i pray that eventually, you learn how to stand on your own.

i pray that someday, you'll be your own messiah.

i'm sorry i left, but know that i left because i loved you.

from: http://eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/RetuPara.shtml

Eliza Riley

Return to Paradise

Lisa gazed out over the Caribbean Sea, feeling the faint breeze against her face - eyes shut, the white sand warm between her bare toes. The place was beautiful beyond belief, but it was still unable to ease the grief she felt as she remembered the last time she had been here.

She had married James right here on this spot three years ago to the day. Dressed in a simple white shift dress, miniature white roses attempting to tame her long dark curls, Lisa had been happier than she had ever thought possible. James was even less formal but utterly irresistible in creased summer trousers and a loose white cotton shirt. His dark hair slightly ruffled and his eyes full of adoration as his looked at his bride to be. The justice of the peace had read their vows as they held hands and laughed at the sheer joy of being young, in love and staying in a five star resort on the Caribbean island of the Dominican Republic. They had seen the years blissfully stretching ahead of them, together forever. They planned their children, two she said, he said four so they compromised on three (two girls and a boy of course); where they would live, the travelling they would do together - it was all certain, so they had thought then.

But that seemed such a long time ago now. A lot can change in just a few years - a lot of heartache can change a person and drive a wedge through the strongest ties, break even the deepest love. Three years to the day and they had returned, though this time not for the beachside marriages the island was famous for but for one of its equally popular quickie divorces.

Lisa let out a sigh that was filled with pain and regret. What could she do but move on, find a new life and new dreams? - the old one was beyond repair. How could this beautiful place, with its lush green coastline, eternity of azure blue sea and endless sands be a place for the agony she felt now?

The man stood watching from the edge of the palm trees. He couldn't take his eyes of the dark-haired woman he saw standing at the water's edge, gazing out to sea as though she was waiting for something - or someone. She was beautiful, with her slim figure dressed in a loose flowing cotton dress, her crazy hair and bright blue eyes not far off the colour of the sea itself. It wasn't her looks that attracted him though; he came across many beautiful women in his work as a freelance photographer. It was her loneliness and intensity that lured him. Even at some distance he was aware that she was different from any other woman he could meet.

< 2 >

Lisa sensed the man approaching even before she turned around. She had been aware of him standing there staring at her and had felt strangely calm about being observed. She looked at him and felt the instant spark of connection she had only experienced once before. He walked slowly towards her and they held each other's gaze. It felt like meeting a long lost friend - not a stranger on a strange beach.

Later, sitting at one of the many bars on the resort, sipping the local cocktails they began to talk. First pleasantries, their hotels, the quality of the food and friendliness of the locals. Their conversation was strangely hesitant considering the naturalness and confidence of their earlier meeting. Onlookers, however, would have detected the subtle flirtation as they mirrored each other's actions and spoke directly into each other's eyes. Only later, after the alcohol had had its loosening effect, did the conversation deepen. They talked of why they were here and finally, against her judgement, Lisa opened up about her heartache of the past year and how events had led her back to the place where she had married the only man she believed she could ever love. She told him of things that had been locked deep inside her, able to tell no one. She told him how she had felt after she had lost her baby.

She was six months pregnant and the happiest she had ever been when the pains had started. She was staying with her mother as James was working out of town. He hadn't made it back in time. The doctor had said it was just one of those things, that they could try again. But how could she when she couldn't even look James in the eye. She hated him then, for not being there, for not hurting as much as her but most of all for looking so much like the tiny baby boy that she held for just three hours before the took him away. All through the following months she had withdrawn from her husband, family, friends. Not wanting to recover form the pain she felt - that would have been a betrayal of her son. At the funeral she had refused to stand next to her husband and the next day she had left him.

< 3 >

Looking up, Lisa could see her pain reflected in the man's eyes. For the first time in months she didn't feel alone, she felt the unbearable burden begin to lift from her, only a bit but it was a start. She began to believe that maybe she had a future after all and maybe it could be with this man, with his kind hazel eyes, wet with their shared tears.

They had come here to dissolve their marriage but maybe there was hope. Lisa stood up and took James by the hand and led him away from the bar towards the beech where they had made their vows to each other three years ago. Tomorrow she would cancel the divorce; tonight they would work on renewing their promises.