Which Do You Prefer: Glasses Or Contact Lenses?

Batabatuta™

I prefer eye glasses ...

To all user of CONTACT LENSES pls. read this I got this from my MT training ...

CONSULTATION

This is your 16-year-old patient who was seen by you on Thursday afternoon and referred to me that same afternoon because of severe eye pain. He has had gas-permeable lenses for about six months, prescribed and fitted elsewhere. He was evidently okay when he went to bed Wednesday night, but on arising on Thursday morning, he noted pain in the left eye with some blurring of vision and some sensitivity to bright light, and this seemed to get more severe as the day progressed.

Your exam showed a corneal abrasion, and you prescribed patching and oral analgesic. Evidently, he returned to your office about an hour later complaining of intolerable pain in the eye and was referred here.

When seen by me, he was literally frantic with pain, and throughout my exam he was able to cooperate only very poorly. He had pronounced photophobia and blepharospasm on the left. There was 1+conjunctival injection. Topical tetracaine abolished his pain about 50%. Slit-lamp exam showed a shallow but very broad, probably 5 mm, generally circular and centrally placed corneal abrasion. The remainder of the ocular exam was normal. No attempt was made to assess his vision beyond counting fingers, which was intact.

I instilled Cyclogyl in the office and gave his mother a prescription for some more and advised her to keep the eye patched for the next 24 to 48 hours. Most of the pain with these severe corneal abrasions is due to spasm of the pupil, and a mydriatic generally gives pretty good relief. Between the Cyclogyl and the Synalgos that you gave him and keeping the eye patched, I think he will be okay.

He may have done this with a fingernail during sleep, but judging from the location and appearance of the lesion, I think he probably peeled off a layer or two of corneal epithelium when he took his lens out last night. I have instructed him to leave that lens out until we have checked him again back here Monday, and his mom is to let me know by tomorrow if he is not getting good pain relief.

Thanks for your confidence in allowing me to share in the care of this young man.

• 3 weeks later...

Glasses at home and for short errands..Contacts when I leave home and for sports.

1. Do you think wearing glasses makes the person look more mature than his/her age?

2. After wearing glasses for a long time, do people comment that you actually look better without them?

3. Can the right pair make a person actually look more good looking than he/she really is?

Glasses at home and for short errands..Contacts when I leave home and for sports.

1. Do you think wearing glasses makes the person look more mature than his/her age?

2. After wearing glasses for a long time, do people comment that you actually look better without them?

3. Can the right pair make a person actually look more good looking than he/she really is?

my view on your questions:

1. For some yes...remember that teacher look for girls who wear glasses

2. Not necessarily look better...you just look odd...hehehe ive been wearing glasses for 15 yrs...once in a while i wear my contacts and get this odd look from my relatives and friends hehe

3. Yep, you can choose a pair that can really make you look old...or the other way around...it all depends on the style

thanks. I think it makes a difference. One time (when majority of the cameras still used film), I gave a roll to the attendant of the shop in the morning. Was wearing glasses then. Picked-up the prints in after lunch wearing contacts. Same lady. She didn't recognize me without my glasses, "Di kita namukhaan kasi wala kang salamin." hmmm

Another time, I met up with a former classmate of mine. I used to wear glasses in grad school. After more than a year of not seeing each other, we decided to meet up at Gbelt. Texted her that I was there. She came out, and literally walked past me, since I was wearing contacts. Had to call her name. Nagulat siya. Didn't recognize me. Said I looked younger. Dunno if this is a "clark kent syndrome".. B)

my view on your questions:

1.  For some yes...remember that teacher look for girls who wear glasses

2.  Not necessarily look better...you just look odd...hehehe ive been wearing glasses for 15 yrs...once in a while i wear my contacts and get this odd look from my relatives and friends hehe

3.  Yep, you can choose a pair that can really make you look old...or the other way around...it all depends on the style