What Do You Talk About On Your First Date?

hehe. natawa ko dito. lalo na since we belong to the same highly-competitive field...kaya ako i'd go for anything under the sun, as long as the talk is not highly intellectual....a witty talk is more like it :blush:

highly-competitive field? bakit? HILOT po ba kayo :upside:

para hindi OT: talk about anything under the sun...i dont try to impress or seduce the girl. the aim is to get to know each other in the shortest amount of time (the first date) and to determine if getting to know more about each other would entail another date...or if you still want to get to know about each other on another date... :goatee:

Dr. James Wilson of "House" swears by "hopes, dreams and aspirations." Supposedly an "instant panty-peeler." Not proven, though. Bwahahahaha!

Ulterior motives aside, though, that's a good place to start. Personally, I try to find out her interests and ask about what happened to her recently, and build up a conversation from there.

I don't believe in "research," too much of it can backfire. She might think you're a stalker.

Inquire about her. Show your interest in her. That is the reason why you are in a date in the first place. Otherwise, if it is a blind date of EB lang, try to talk about your common interests.

Nothing cerebral, just plain fun. Everything has its place under the sun. :goatee:

Most of the time its hard to gain some info on your date so often times we try to figure her out in another way.For instance, I ask her to help me out in shopping for a gift for a sister or a relative of mine, so often times I get positive results. Anything from her taste,to what she likes and hates, and thus, knowing her better.

Then after shopping, I ask her out to accompany me to a nearby restaurant, and then we would talk about family life,school,work,anything in particular.

The best way to a woman's heart is a sense of humour, so try to make her laugh as well as to look as if all you attention is fixed on her, but not in a way that she would feel out of place or anxious.

So often times I first ask her about what type/kind of music she likes. (makes her guessing,its a good topic starter because all people love music, and a lot of sub-topics can be derived from it)

Then about her background = if she mentions about the music she liked since highschool,collage (Proves that shes not keeping any secrets about her past.)

Or her friends = If she liked that band or song because her friends used to enjoy it.

• 4 weeks later...

Small talks infused with humor and wit. In my case,use my environment as conversation pieces and more importantly I always incorporate dry humor if she gets it, man alive ... I'll thank my lucky stars and throw a few worthy stories to get the ball rolling.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Yavanna

i like first dates because i can ask questions and genuinely be clueless of the answers. :lol:

meaning... there's a whole new person to discover.

so just ask away. better to focus on interests. but anything can be a topic so long as they are not very personal.

learn to take hints. if the other person is not willing to answer a question the first time, that means you have to move on to the next topic.