• Please log in to reply
1759 replies to this topic

#81 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • Interests:beach, travel, sports, margarita, sangria, books, hanging out with fun people

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:47 PM

If you have the chance, in the US, try INN-and-OUT Burger. Yummy! Not that its healthy, its just plain delicious.

Well.... health is the farthest from my mind when I eat a hamburger. I try to think Im living for the moment. Posted Image

But i will keep your recommendation in mind. I usually lose weight whenever I visit the U.S. American food just does not suit me. Nagugulat ako sa laki ng servings that I end up losing my appetite. Para kasi akong bibitayin na. But there are certain food that are simply so delicious in the U.S. like popcorn, pizza, pasta and ice cream. Posted Image

#82 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,037 posts
  • Interests:beach, travel, sports, margarita, sangria, books, hanging out with fun people

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

Hi Erika! : How are you?

Hi Pilyo,

Im just fine, as fine as I can be. Just had a brownout. So hard to sleep when it's so hot and you are perspiring. Buti na lang, electricity came back. Sunday na naman ngayon, may pasok na naman bukas. That in itself can make me so gloomy.

#83 Climaco

Climaco

Geek

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Coffee, Whiskey, EDM, Heavy Metal Music

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

Hi Erika. Hope tomorrow's will be a good day for you as always. Good night.

#84 ksredna

ksredna

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

Hi erika

I found myself in good company when I read your page.

Take care

#85 pepitopeping

pepitopeping

Experienced

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Sports and Music for sure

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:19 AM

Cool! Whats up?!:) Kinda new here too..haha

#86 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hello Climaco,Ksredna and Pepito, Thank you for visiting my room and for your greetings. I am still home, thinking of ways not to have to go to office. Ohhh.. how I hate my job. My boss will be there in 2 more hours. I hope he does not have the "temper" again. Hirap talaga to be around people with temper. Lagi kang nagtitimpla. My own parents have volatile tempers, so I should be getting used to it already, but I still am not used to it. Hay. Hope you have a nicer day than me.

#87 simon b

simon b

lawn mower

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,839 posts
  • Interests:basketball, badminton, books, babes, beer

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:16 PM

Hello and Good evening everyone,

Night driving can sometimes be relaxing. There's something in the stillness of the night that makes us reflect on what happened during the day or issues that continue to boggle our minds. It is in one of these nights when I was accompanied by my elementary best friend. I was driving in silence. We are very comfortable with each other's presence that we can continue sitting in silence for a long time and not feel awkward at all. When we reached metro manila, she suddenly spoke "Are you happy?". I looked at her for a moment and replied "I cannot say Im happy". Then she said "Life gets more complicated as we age. IT forces us to mature and face our personal issues." I merely nodded in agreement, as I continued driving along the empty road in the silence of the night.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

hmm... cant say i have a reply when asked "are you happy?"

i'll ask that question to a friend if i see he/she has something polluting/crowding//troubling her/his mind. im not sure how but somehow i can see 'that look'.
maybe you had that look that made your friend ask....

but what do i know...i just happen to pass by this interesting room here in my refuge [i doubt if mtc has ever been called a refuge]

anyway, makikidaan lang at nakikisabat...i hope you find mtc interesting to merit a longer stay
a good day to you ms erika

#88 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:22 PM

hmm... cant say i have a reply when asked "are you happy?"

i'll ask that question to a friend if i see he/she has something polluting/crowding//troubling her/his mind. im not sure how but somehow i can see 'that look'.
maybe you had that look that made your friend ask....

but what do i know...i just happen to pass by this interesting room here in my refuge [i doubt if mtc has ever been called a refuge]

anyway, makikidaan lang at nakikisabat...i hope you find mtc interesting to merit a longer stay
a good day to you ms erika

What you said is true. I may have "that look" that night that prompted my friend to ask that question.

Thanks for passing by my room. ON your way here, you made me ponder on something else too.

Good day to you too. Anyway, I think I'll stay here for some time, if only to view the interesting pics posted my mtc members. hehehe! Posted Image Yeah, im mababaw at times.

#89 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

Im so excited. I have dinner later at Bistecca. Yum! Grilled prime rib, mushroom pasta, truffle french fries, caesar salad, mushroom soup . Yum! Can't wait! Posted Image

#90 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

Oh no... im going down memory lane.

10 years ago, I had a blind date. He is a Canadian chinese guy. He sounded great on the phone so I consented to this blind date. I dressed carefully. I remember wearing a brown sleeveless knit dress that reached till 3 inches above my knee and i paired it with a light brown high heeled shoes.

He told me on the phone, he wanted to eat japanese food , and expense was not a problem. I was not so familiar with japanese restaurants, so I brought him to a hotel na lang that has japanese resto. I took his word for it that expense was not a problem.

Im not much into physical attributes of men, but in all honesty, I was not attracted to him. Still, I gave the date a chance. If we happen to click, I'll count myself lucky. He asked me to order whatever I want. So I did. (in those days, I always believe what others tell me). I ordered Salmon head soup, Kani Salad, Seafood fried rice, Ebi Tempura, Gindara Teriyaki, and hot green tea. He only ordered unagi and plain rice. All through out the meal, he only said he is amazed I can eat all that and still look good. That in Canada, they are very conscious of their health, and that I should consider, altering my lifestyle to have better health. And he is shocked im not enrolled in a gym. Blah Blah Blah. I just listened half an ear, and tried enjoying my food. The way I see it, he ate so little and yet he is fat, short and ugly. So , he must be doing something wrong there. So why should I take his word for it.

I happily ate all my food with much gusto. The Salmon Head soup was a delight in itself. I always love fish soup done so well. Yum! Hmmm.... funny, i don't remember what he wore that day, I don't even remember his face, but I can remember every detail of my food that night. Guess, I actually had a date with the Salmon and the prawns, and not that Canadian guy whose name i cannot also remember.

Im bad.

Edited by erika123, 05 September 2011 - 04:02 PM.

#91 mang_bibiyak

mang_bibiyak

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

Looks like you love to dine out. Hello there! -_-

#92 j

j

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

hello. what's new with you?

have you tried melos?

what cuisine do you like?

#93 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:39 PM

hello. what's new with you?

have you tried melos?

what cuisine do you like?

Hi J, nice to see you here again.

Oh yeah, I tried Melos, many times in fact. Super Yum! I have discount card there na nga. Sarap talaga. So sinful. Wagyu Rib Eye. Yum! And the place is so cozy , perfect date with my IPAD. Posted Image

I personally like the Korean cuisine. I like Soondooboo Chigae (sorry if wrong spelling), Bulgogi, Spicy grilled chicken and Chicken Soup with Ginseng, Bibimbap. They are my comfort food.

#94 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:52 PM

When a good friend is in deep trouble, it is very natural that you offer your help , especially if it is within your means to help.

But when that help is rejected, you also begin to question the friendship. Why did he reject the help even if he desperately needs it? Is he afraid of what might happen to us after I help him? Is he afraid that I will think less of him?

With all the doubts that entered my mind, only one thing looms over my head and that is the lack of trust.

When friendship is deep and real, it cannot go awry by mere money, malice or bad circumstances.

If help is rejected, then it only means there is doubt that the friendship can withstand the trials it faces.

Isn't that sad?

#95 enad14

enad14

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:32 PM

hi

#96 j

j

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

Hi J, nice to see you here again.

Oh yeah, I tried Melos, many times in fact. Super Yum! I have discount card there na nga. Sarap talaga. So sinful. Wagyu Rib Eye. Yum! And the place is so cozy , perfect date with my IPAD. Posted Image

I personally like the Korean cuisine. I like Soondooboo Chigae (sorry if wrong spelling), Bulgogi, Spicy grilled chicken and Chicken Soup with Ginseng, Bibimbap. They are my comfort food.

:)

you have a discount card sa melos? i really have to meet up with you then!

do you also like spicy food? i'm not a fan of korean food, but i think it's spicy?

#97 Climaco

Climaco

Geek

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Interests:Travel, Coffee, Whiskey, EDM, Heavy Metal Music

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:38 PM

When a good friend is in deep trouble, it is very natural that you offer your help , especially if it is within your means to help.

But when that help is rejected, you also begin to question the friendship. Why did he reject the help even if he desperately needs it? Is he afraid of what might happen to us after I help him? Is he afraid that I will think less of him?

With all the doubts that entered my mind, only one thing looms over my head and that is the lack of trust.

When friendship is deep and real, it cannot go awry by mere money, malice or bad circumstances.

If help is rejected, then it only means there is doubt that the friendship can withstand the trials it faces.

Isn't that sad?

It's Sad... Yes, sometimes friends with problems needs to spend their time alone... Muni muni... Mag-emote... And sometimes too, friends just wants someone to listen to them instead of having someone lecture them... When friends are at their lowest, it's that time too that we should be more patient...

#98 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:30 PM

:)

you have a discount card sa melos? i really have to meet up with you then!

do you also like spicy food? i'm not a fan of korean food, but i think it's spicy?

I like mild spicy food lang, ayaw ko din sobrang anghang, nawawala na yung natural flavor ng food.

Ngyek! nakakuha pa ako ng date dahil sa discount card ko. hehehehe! Of course, any time, hayy... sarap talaga ng wagyu rib eye. yum! sakit lang sa bulsa yung price.

#99 erika123

erika123

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

It's Sad... Yes, sometimes friends with problems needs to spend their time alone... Muni muni... Mag-emote... And sometimes too, friends just wants someone to listen to them instead of having someone lecture them... When friends are at their lowest, it's that time too that we should be more patient...

I was quite wrong in my earlier claims. I was too limited in my views. If a friend rejects help, it does not necessarily mean an absence of trust.

You are right, Climaco. Sometimes, friends with problems just need some time alone. Men, especially, need time to sort it out. They need to go back to their caves to gain perspective. Iba kasi sa babae. Girls , when faced with a problem, would gather all her friends and ask for help. In so doing, they become stronger as a group coz resources are pooled and ideas are exchanged to solve the problem.

But men and women are wired differently, and I have to learn to respect those differences.

Thanks for the wise advice, my friend. Posted Image

#100 j

j

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

Isn't that sad?

sometimes the most difficult thing to do is to watch at a distance and see how they figure things out.

especially if we're talking about a friend...
  • jrnuevo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users