Top 10 Things I Do To Keep me Sane in this Crazy Crazy World.
1. Read a book . I prefer reading really tragic ones so I would feel fortunate with my own situation. Try Rape of Nanjing by Iris Chang.
- If you have enough cash, go some place really far like England or Scotland. Go find the Lochness Monster.
If not, then going to Sagada or to the beach is just fine too. As for me, I've been wanting to go to Kathmandu for the longest time. I wonder how it is to see the Himalayas and witness the grandeur of God's work.
3. Eat a Wagyu Steak with a glass of wine
- Wow, a good wagyu steak will dissolve any bad mood Im in. Try Melo's for a good Wagyu steak.
4. Have a Romping Mind-blowing Sex
- I always say a good exercise would clear the mind and rest our soul. It just so happens this is my favorite exercise.
(Mind you not to choose a partner who has more hang ups than you do. This is emotional suicide.
5. Visit Old Friend
s - Nothing like a visit to old friends would make us go back in time and reminisce how happy we were before and it may explain why we are where we are now.
6. Pursue a New Course
. - Whether you pursue a masters degree or take a vocational course in Meralco Foundation on refrigeration, learning something new would give us a sense of purpose in life. And when your mind is engaged, there's little time to dabble in our pool of emotions.
- There's a reason the ipod sells like hotcakes. Music inspires the feeling of ecstasy. When we dance the night away, we lose ourselves in the moment. So next time you feel bad, hit the disco or go to RedBox for a good round of singing.
8. Start a Journal
- Expressing our personal crisis in written form may alleviate some of the pain we feel. It also helps us find a perspective of sort to our situation.
9. Watch movie / tv serie
s - This may sound lame but downloading a bunch of tv series impeded my plunging to depression. There was a time I was feeling so useless and killing myself entered my mind a couple of times. Every time I go to sleep, I would think how sad my life has become, and wouldn't it better to just end this tormenting thoughts by snuffing my brains out. Then I started watching Supernatural series , and soon I found myself immersing into their struggles. After the series ended, I clamored for more, and so I downloaded Alias, Castle, Desperate Housewives. This does not solve your problem but it would help you go through another night of loneliness.
- I don't care what religion you are affiliated to. But this is my experience. Many have advised me to go to Church. I didn't. But one day, I did. What the heck? What have I got to lose? I was seated at the farthest end of the church. Attended the mass, and sat down there for another hour after everyone has left. I prayed, meditated, cried. It will surely be a different experience for all of us. But what I can say is that after I left the church and went home, I didn't need to watch tv or read a book. I still was not happy. But there's a certain sense of peace inside me, a sense of acceptance to what is happening, and a sliver of hope that things will get better.
Edited by erika123, 22 August 2011 - 09:58 AM.