All About Hongkong! Shopping, Hotels, Tourist Spots - Merged Threa

• 1 month later...

the big malls in hongkong can also be good for cheap finds.

its just a matter of looking and timing ur visit when they are on sale.

sogo and the stores in world trade, ocean park and those in pacific place

are a haven for alot of things.

if u're into gadgets and technology, i think ur best best

will be tsim sha tsui. ikea for home and office needs.

for the kids, of course there's toys are us.

the possibilities are still endless.

• 2 weeks later...
the big malls in hongkong can also be good for cheap finds.

its just a matter of looking and timing ur visit when they are on sale.

sogo and the stores in world trade, ocean park and those in pacific place

are a haven for alot of things.

if u're into gadgets and technology, i think ur best best

will be tsim sha tsui.  ikea for home and office needs.

for the kids, of course there's toys are us.

the possibilities are still endless.

may i add the night street markets...

jordan street

mongkok

sham shui po

food, nothing beats lantau island for seafood!

• 2 weeks later...

it depends on wat ur looking for.. if branded stuff, obviously malls.. langham place in mongkok, harbour city in tsim sha tsui or pacific place in admiralty i think.. ofcrse u can also shop at causeway bay..

for tiangge type shopping try ladies market in mongkok/ yau ma tei or flower road in mongkok/prince edward..

for outlets, stanley market i think has the best finds..

shopping festival this june 24-august 31 2006..

mongkok, tsim sha tsui... dami sis...

merong mas mababa price dun... meron mas mahal...

kikay things forgirls cheaper dun.. especially mga perfumes nila... also electronics, pero ingat din kasi merong place sa mongkok yung katabi ng the face shop... parang greenhills din e... puro cp lang tinda..

• 2 weeks later...

I miss HK!

just to add my two cents' worth:

1) giordano, esprit, marks & spencer and other branded shops are dime a dozen. time your shopping right and prices become ridiculously low. they also have "sale" days, mostly on weekends and then watch as their prices hit rock bottom.

2) if you have the time and the energy, go to sham shui po, yau ma tei and the other kowloon areas. if you're into tiangge type of things, then this is heaven for you.

3) season ending sales are to-die-for. towards the end of summer, most shops drop the price of their summer wear. it seems they would rather sell at lower than cost and clear out their warehouse than to keep their items for the next summer.

I miss HK! I hope to go there december or january. when it's freezing cold..

before nun mababa pa convertion peso to hk money oki pa mag shopping now taas na and most of it u can buy it here na much cheaper pa sa 168 or divisoria. if u will shop at hongkong cguro yun mga branded nalang.

yes, i agree. for branded items, HK is still tops for me. but if im looking for things i can sell back here in manila, i would rather go to guangzhou.

as i heard one caucasian guy say in guangzhou, "it's not how much you can you buy.. it's how much you can carry!"

Guest Dennis®

i agree with in_style. for electronics, go to haiphong road (that's the street perpendicular to canton and nathan. and along nathan, coming from haiphong heading north walk about 50 meters and you will see Park Lane Shopper's Mall. you may also want to try the side streets parallel to haiphong (south side) i was able to find good buys in those narrow alleys. if you're staying at hong kong side, try the small alleys (i think that's fashion walk and kingston) at the back of excelsior hotel (gloucester road.) avoid going to mongkok. medyo hassle dun. they know if you're a filipino. may signal sila sa bawat isa. tinataasan nila presyo. there was this bag they were selling for $100 HK in mongkok, i bought the same bag for 3 for $100HK at a small store in harbour city. caveat emptor! check around before splurging. and one more thing, get an orange card. i've benn using mine for the last 5 years. very convenient when going around. you can even use it at some 7-11 stores. :)

try nyo pumunta sa south side Ap Lei Chau or Aberdeen meron dun mga warehouse like Replay, Mango, etc... kung season sale nila July RL at Polo sports 80% off...try nyo din hanapin yung UNO UNO shop yata yun located at Tsim Sha Tsui at Central nagbebenta sila ung may mga sliht defect pero very low price...

Hi Sir Kerrmit,

Just wondering, after your shopping in Hongkong, what happens if the customs slap high taxes upon your arrival at the airport?

If it's for personal use only, it's not taxable. At least, that's what I heard. Im not an accountant but from my travels in the past, I have never had any problems with taxes or duties on my personal effects and pasalubongs. :thumbsupsmiley:

:mtc: