Nike "just Do It"

Gideon

60% mark-up is a very far conservative estimate. look at the cost to actually produce the shoe. it's made of plastic and/or plastic derivatives and foam - products that are cheap. add to that cheap slave labor in china, mass production efficiency and technology and what have you got???? With 60% mark-ups I don't think that they are able to have greedy profits and at the same time pay million dollar endorsement deals to the sprots people.

A friend of mine in high places said that the actual cost to produce the shoe is roughly 200 pesos. come to think of it, the fakes from china are being sold at least for 600 pesos and nike's manufacturing base is in china.......

I too am a confessed Nike addict. From their shoes, apparel and from the way they market their products. Can anyone even forget that Nike freestyle basketball hoop commercial? Classic! Even the Nike football freestyle is awesome.

Yep, the cost to actually make the shoe is dirt cheap. The expensive part is product design, research & development, and that's where the mark-up comes in. And also from the marketing side of things. How else can Nike pay stars like LBJ if they can't earn enough profit from their shoes.

Be that as it may, I still love their products B)

I too am a confessed Nike addict. From their shoes, apparel and from the way they market their products. Can anyone even forget that Nike freestyle basketball hoop commercial? Classic! Even the Nike football freestyle is awesome.

Yep, the cost to actually make the shoe is dirt cheap. The expensive part is product design, research & development, and that's where the mark-up comes in. And also from the marketing side of things. How else can Nike pay stars like LBJ if they can't earn enough profit from their shoes.

Be that as it may, I still love their products  B)

Yup, that's just it!

Nike is indeed an expensive brand.

Just bought a pair of air max 360 ( 2nd batch released in the Phils) yesterday.

Months ago , I was also able to get a pair of those w/c were included in the first release.

Now I have 2 pairs of air max 360's 2006 edition.

Medyo mahal pero sulit naman sa kin. I jog everyday and sulit talaga comfort and quality of these footwear.

I also got myself a pair adidas A3 Gigaride. Mas maganda pa rin talaga air max in terms of comfort and quality.

Andaming nagkalat na fakes ngayon. Specially sa Greenhills. Unfair for those who buy the original products.

Gumagawa pa ng justification yung nagbebenta ng fake kesyo Class A , overrun , etc.

There's no such thing as Original tapos classifed as Class A , etc.

Kapag sinabing Class A or export overrun , those are FAKES.

Original Nike products can be found in department stores and authorized outlets such as Stadium , Forum , etc.

Andaming nagkalat na fakes ngayon. Specially sa Greenhills. Unfair for those who buy the original products.

Gumagawa pa ng justification yung nagbebenta ng fake kesyo Class A , overrun , etc.

There's no such thing as Original tapos classifed as Class A , etc.

Kapag sinabing Class A or export overrun , those are FAKES.

Original Nike products can be found in department stores and authorized outlets such as Stadium , Forum , etc.

Ironically, those Class A are also made by the same Manufacturers of Nike based in China.

Those are the damaged quantities, because Nike does have a Strict Quality Control management. Eh, sayang naman ang ginamit na Raw materials para gawin yung kahit na may konting damage o production error. Kaya benta na lang nila in a cheap price. Pero pansin ko, kahit cheap price na eh overpriced pa rin.

Actually , it's the Marketing / Propaganda expenditure that dictates the market value of a particular product.

We could attribute Nike's success to the people behind its excellent Marketing capability.

Nike revolutionize the whole sports industry.

They're the ones who started those glamorous promotional campaigns w/c utilizes superstar athletes.

Nike did glamorize the sports industry.

And of course , Nike started the trend on fancy shoes inspired by athletes

Reminds us of the Nike Air Fame c/o Michael Jordan.

im a self-confessed nike addict. my addiction started when i was in high school. when everyone in my school was wearing the addidas samba, i had the nike sneakers. same with black cat, automatic nike park and stadium din ang punta ko...

just to share my collection:

2 prestos (1 green and 1 blue)

jordan 11

2 purple nike shoes (different styles of course)

1 pink and yellow sneaks

cortez

slippers

2 caps

several bags

shirts

watch

.. at ang daming colorways na pwedeng pagpilian.. especially on the Jordan brand..

I have bought three Nike fakes already circa 2002 (nung nag-boom ang so-called Class A Nike shoes).. karamihan Nike Shox.. and I tried using one for my basketball activity.. Ayayay! Ang pangit ng cushioning.. naduduals paa ko sa loob and ang awkward ng feeling if you are used to the originals.. So, I stopped buying Nike fakes since then.. Pinamigay ko ang mga fakes ko sa driver namin at wala pang 3 months wasak ang mga ito because of the wear and tear.. pinang-araw-araw kasi sa mga lakad namin..

I shared my story for you guys to stop patronizing the Nike fakes.. Pangit ang quality, mga dudes.. Mga ilang gamitan lang.. kahit sa panlakad-lakad lang sa malls.. mawawasak yan.. Pandisplay sa bahay pwede.. Kapag may bisita ka at gusto mo ipagmayabang ang koleksyon mo.. Kaso if you are planning to have a long term use for it.. ikaw ay magsisisi lamang.. Just my two cents.. :mtc:

Really?  Bukas pa din ako pupunta.

Marami bang pagpipilian?

Ooopppsss sorry Gideon...

Inde ko po sa Nike Sale binili ... kase ala po ko sa Pinas.

But when I was there I used to go to the Rufino Sales. I work out in FF Plus in RCBC and their marketing people actually handed out leaflets to tell us that there was a sale.

Most of the good stuff are gone in the next few days but you can always find surprises ...

I got my blue gym bag there in 2004 and im still using it til now. As well as a pair of running shoes that were (at that time) a new release. They put it on sale cause the box got lost. Im still using that as well now.

Happy Sale Hunting! :)

Ooopppsss sorry Gideon...

Inde ko po sa Nike Sale binili ... kase ala po ko sa Pinas.

But when I was there I used to go to the Rufino Sales. I work out in FF Plus in RCBC and their marketing people actually handed out leaflets to tell us that there was a sale.

Most of the good stuff are gone in the next few days but you can always find surprises ...

I got my blue gym bag there in 2004 and im still using it til now. As well as a pair of running shoes that were (at that time) a new release. They put it on sale cause the box got lost. Im still using that as well now.

Happy Sale Hunting! :)

Hehehe!!!

Sorry too, na-excite lang.

Yup, I have been to numerous Rufino Nike Sales. I believe the Grandest was 3 years ago at MegaTrade Hall.

Nothing much to pick kanina, yung mga shoes 20% off lang karamihan, ang konti ng Apparel.

Kaya bili na lang ako ng Nike Cap, 50% kasi.

There will be a Nike SALE:

April 19 to 21, 6th flr Rufino Bldg.

Di k pa sure kung magkano ang discounts.  I'll post kung magkano ang OFF.

darn it! ba't ngayon lang ako napadpad dito sa thread na 'to. di ko tuloy nabasa kaagad, ang lapit pa naman sa office. <_<

Edited by dodong_79

yep, addict din ako sa nike products. more specifically the jordan line. my first really nice basketball shoe was the jordan 12. although hindi ako nagko-collect kasi nga sobrang mahal i try to buy nike shoes pag nasisira na yung mga luma ko. right now i have the low cut jordan 19's na black. i think mike bibby used to wear them.

i also have 2 pairs of fake nike's. tingin ko depende rin when it comes to fakes. the first one i bought were black running shoes na shox. that was way back in 2004, hanggang ngayon gamit ko pa altough medyo laspag na talaga. pero masarap sa paa and i even used them for basketball. tapos i bought another pair sa greenhills. white espionage na shox din. eto naman sobrang tigas, wala pang 3 months hindi ko na ginamit. :D

Hehehe!!!

Sorry too, na-excite lang.

Yup, I have been to numerous Rufino Nike Sales.  I believe the Grandest was 3 years ago at MegaTrade Hall.

Nothing much to pick kanina, yung mga shoes 20% off lang karamihan, ang konti ng Apparel.

Kaya bili na lang ako ng Nike Cap, 50% kasi.

Hahaha thats okay.

Sa caps nakaka mura ako kse I get mine from the Kids Fit line ng Nike... malalaki ata ang mga circumference ng mga ulo ng mga bata dito kaya kasya sa kin. The last cap I got was denim blue and cost me 5 dollars.

Pag sale lang ako bumibili ng Nike dito... or pag nasa outlet stores kasi pag regular price ang mahal din.

saw a pair of jordan XIV's sa outlet store ng nike dito sa may riverbanks. 6k+ pa rin, ang mahal. yun pa naman yung colorway na gusto ko (red/black). these were the kicks mj used when he sank his "last shot" sa utah.  :D

Dodong, sa outlet store din ako ng riverbanks bumibili ng mga stuff ko.. I rarely buy in the regular store kasi nagkakaroon din sila dito at naka 20% off agad.. Earvin, the manager there, told me that he would be getting some Jordan 21's (colorways not yet sure) and the Air Max 360 for sale sa Outlet store this May.. I am planning to buy the 360 kung may size na available.. Buy the Jordan XVI dre.. medyo rare ang colorway na yan.. (bumili kasi ako eh.. :lol: )

I am very very near Marikina Riverbanks kaya I am usually in the store every week.. FYI, was able to buy some Jordan low cuts here na medyo rare ang colorways over the years.. like the Jordan XI (black/red) - wala pa akong nakitang kamukha ko na merong ganito.. and the XIII (all white)..

The thing that is good sa store na ito ay may deferred payment sila (0%) if you use your HSBC credit card.. basta above 3K ang purchases mo.. B)

:thumbsupsmiley: :mtc:

Edited by revi
Dodong, sa outlet store din ako ng riverbanks bumibili ng mga stuff ko.. I rarely buy in the regular store kasi nagkakaroon din sila dito at naka 20% off agad.. Earvin, the manager there, told me that he would be getting some Jordan 21's (colorways not yet sure) and the Air Max 360 for sale sa Outlet store this May.. I am planning to buy the 360 kung may size na available.. Buy the Jordan XVI dre.. medyo rare ang colorway na yan.. (bumili kasi ako eh..  :lol: )

I am very very near Marikina Riverbanks kaya I am usually in the store every week.. FYI, was able to buy some Jordan low cuts here na medyo rare ang colorways over the years.. like the Jordan XI (black/red)  - wala pa akong nakitang kamukha ko na merong ganito.. and the XIII (all white)..

The thing that is good sa store na ito ay may deferred payment sila (0%) if you use your HSBC credit card.. basta above 3K ang purchases mo..  B)

:thumbsupsmiley:  :mtc:

Dude, may MAP ba dyan sa Riverbanks?

May Nike Apparel din naman siguro dyan di ba?

Dude, may MAP ba dyan sa Riverbanks?

May Nike Apparel din naman siguro dyan di ba?

Sa Riverbanks Mall ito pare.. Yup, may apparel dito.. Madali lang naman ito hanapin once your inside the mall.. This mall (FYI) is known for all season sale outlets of Guess, Van Heussen, Mossimo, Converse, Fusion (Sketchers/Pony/NoFear) and of course Nike..