Your NBA First 5 Of All-time

egoyahoo

point guard - jerry west. he's not the logo of the nba for nothing. but it was a toss up for me between him and john stockton. why john even though he never won a ring? cause he's a point guard and he's regarded as the dirtiest player in the league. thats toughness for you.

shooting guard - michael jordan. if you dont know why nevermind

center - shaq. he may have gotten beat this last conference but hey who hasnt lost? besides they were double teaming him like crazy and he got so little touches of the leather.

small forward - larry bird. a college scout once wrote in his notes that larry 'couldnt run' and he 'couldnt jump'. in his book larry wrote 'i cant run and i cant jump but i can play basketball' how i wish i could play like him. one of the best shooters ever. damn hick. hahahahaha

power forward - kevin mchale, every team needs someone to rough up the oppossing team. sometimes you gotta make them pay for driving down the lane. or maybe tim duncan efficient and not flashy at all. just doing his job all the time:)

Dude, we both snubbed Magic Johnson on our list. Somehow, I'm having second thoughts. Aren't you?

c: Shaq O'neal - Big Aristottle, one of the most dominant ever.

pf: Tim Duncan - Big Fundamental, simple yet effective.

sf: Kevin Garnett - Big Ticket, all around game, perfect team player.

sg: Allen Iverson - The Answer, reason why Sixers are competitive, true franchise

player.

pg: Jason Kidd - The Kidd, epitome of making team mates better.

All the players i chose are those who are still active. la lng, just for the heck of.And lahat nmn cla are going to be future Hall of Famers di ba?

peace out!

Ü

Point Guard - Magic Johnson-- smooth enuf to pass, big enuf to shoot a sky hook.

Shooting Guard - the guy that wore #23 in Chicago Bulls

Small Forward - Larry Bird/Dirk Nowitzki-- keep shooting them threes baby

Power Forward - Tim Duncan

Center - Bill Walton - best hardworking center during his prime

hmmm... kinda tough to list tis...based on combined decades of great basketbal stars...

lemme see...

C -- Wilt Chamberlain (though i aint lucky to watch a whole game of him)

PF -- Tim Duncan (pardon for bein' biased... :evil: but i dig him in mah list... he's a 7-foot power forward who can move like a small forward @ times... )

SF -- Larry Bird (great shooter for a white and 6-foot-9 guy)...

OG -- Michael Jordan (a no-brainer, the best offguard of all time... even considered as the best ever to play basketball in the planet)

PG -- Magic Johnson (6-foot-9 pointguard who makes assists like pickin' fruits in the backyard.... and he can score too...)

Quite biased actually with old-school legends... really depends on the era on person who votes here... a young dude might vote a Lebron James, a Kobe, a Garnett, a Shaq and a Webber... really depends...

well... here is my list...

i will have magic johnson as my point guard... johnson further established the image of an agile big man (a concept that was introduced by the likes of oscar robertson and rick barry...), thus enabling him to play all five positions... just imagine the "showtime" that he will be directing with the other greats in this list...

next is michael jordan... just like what each and every one of you had said, jordan is a no-brainer choice... one of the best player-sports ambassador ever to walk (err... fly in jordan's stature...) on the planet...

larry bird is one of the most competitive players in sports annals... despite being such a loser early in his career (remember, he led indiana state to the best record in the ncaa only to lose to an upstart michigan state of magic johnson... then he was upended by johnson in their first year because johnson won a championship with the los angeles lakers...), the eagle-eyed bird fought back to establish himself as one the greats... pure heart and determination spells bird's game...

since have bird in the line-up... i choose julius erving to be in this list... the "doctor" is the ultimate showman... streaking down the floor, cradling the ball in the air, and hammering it down the basket... he has the ability to take over the game while making his team mates look good... plus, he is also one of the nicest players ever...

last... i would rather have bill russell at the center position... russell formally introduced the concept of defense and proved that a team can win championships not only by outscoring an opponent, but by stopping them to score...

here's my starting 5:

pg - earvin johnson - excellent court vision because of his height, as well as the orchestrator of the showtime days of the lakers

sg - michael jordan - g.o.a.t

sf - tim duncan - he's a center with the moves of a forward

pf - kevin garnett - pure power down the low post with a good jumpshot

center - wilt chaimberlain - 100 points per game, pure scorer

PG - standing 6'1", from the Utah Jazz, playing out of Gonzaga Univ, NBA's all-time assists and steals record holder, 10-time All Star, 2-time Olympic gold medalist, the games purest point guard ever... # 12 John Houston Stockton!!!

SG - at 6'6", from the Washington Wizards, playing out of Univ North Carolina, from the 6-time NBA champion Chicago Bulls, 5-time MVP, 14-time All Star, 2-time Olympic gold medalist, by acclamation the greatest basketball player of all time... ladies and gentlemen #23 Michael Jeffrey Jordan!!!

SF - standing 6'9", from the Boston Celtics, playing out of Indiana State Univ, 3-time NBA champion, 3-time MVP, 12-time All Star with 1 Olympic gold medal, NBA's deadliest clutch performer... #33 Larry Joe Bird!!!

PF - standing 6'10", from the Minneapolis Lakers, playing out of DePaul Univ, 4-time NBA champion, 4-time NBA All Star, one of the most dominant players ever to play the game... #34 George Lawrence Mikan!!!

C - at 6'10", from the Boston Celtics, playing out of San Francisco College, 11-time NBA champion, 5-time MVP, 12-time All Star, 1-time Olympic gold medalist, a lifetime rebounding average of 22.5 per game, NBA's ultimate team player... #6 William Felton "Bill" Russell!!!

• 5 weeks later...