The Honda Lovers Thread

I'd be biased, because I have a Civic (1993 ESi). I still prefer Civic over most Toyota cars. I am not sure about how much maintenance Toyota costs, but Civic is really very easy to maintain. My car's been 11 years old and didn't have much problem. I am not sure with the new Civic, though my bestfriend has it and still prefers it over the Altis for many reasons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmm, my car now is a 2004 Honda Civic 2.0 while my car immediately before that was a 2001 Toyota Altis 1.6

Comfort wise, both are good rides but the shocks of my new Civic seems better.

Cost, the Altis is cheaper. :) But the re-sale price was cheaper still. :(

Overall, I prefer the new Civic.

I was actually choosing between the 2004 Altis 1.8 and the 2004 Civic 2.0 last late year when I was ready to buy a new car. But the Civic won out by a nose.

Practicality - Altis

Aesthetics - Civic

right, kung pangporma habol mo civic kunin mo. pero totoo ba na kaya di pumayag ang honda na gawing taxi ang cars nila kasi madaling masira ang pang-ilalim nito? unlike all other jap cars here, sila lang kasi ang di pa nagagamit as taxi eh.

as for me, i prefer altis. had a race with a civic sir before (short distance lang sa me sm centerpoint) and i dont know if its the driver or the car but i edge out the sir and stock lang ung dala kung altis.

just my 2 cents...

Hmm, my car now is a 2004 Honda Civic 2.0 while my car immediately before that was a 2001 Toyota Altis 1.6

Comfort wise, both are good rides but the shocks of my new Civic seems better.

Cost, the Altis is cheaper.  :)  But the re-sale price was cheaper still.  :(

Overall, I prefer the new Civic.

I was actually choosing between the 2004 Altis 1.8 and the 2004 Civic 2.0 last late year when I was ready to buy a new car.  But the Civic won out by a nose.

wow friend,

I also bought a civic 2.0. It is the pearl white, full leather seat belt. And I love every minute of driving it. I call it the princess. Well I tried the 1.8 altis and tested the 2.0 civic. Definitely the 1.8 altis is spacious but it is too spartan inside. Also a bit high. The 2.0 has a lower gravity and when I step on the accelerator it just goes. It can reach 120 in just a matter of second. It is very quiet and sporty in looks. Defnitely it turn heads. To me toyota is selling better because of the names but I definitely would not change my civic 2.0 for the toyota 1.8. It has 155 hps and one thing I like about the car is it performs whatever I want it to. I used to own a 1.6 and now with the 2.0 i will never go back to the 1.6 because the power difference is obvious.

Care to share what you feel about your car. Tips and recommendation would be appreciated

jovey

wow friend,

I also bought a civic 2.0.  It is the pearl white, full leather seat belt. And I love every minute of driving it.  I call it the princess.  Well I tried the 1.8 altis and tested the 2.0 civic.  Definitely the 1.8 altis is spacious but it is too spartan inside.  Also a bit high.  The 2.0 has a lower gravity and when I step on the accelerator it just goes.  It can reach 120 in just a matter of second.  It is very quiet and sporty in looks.  Defnitely it turn heads.  To me toyota is selling better because of the names but I definitely would not change my civic 2.0 for the toyota 1.8.  It has 155 hps and one thing I like about the car is it performs whatever I want it to.  I used to own a 1.6 and now with the 2.0 i will never go back to the 1.6 because the power difference is obvious. 

Care to share what you feel about your car.  Tips and recommendation would be appreciated

jovey

Hahaha!

What a coincicence. I bought the red colored Civic. :)

I use Petron Blaze exclusively and the acceleration and speed are good for this Civic 2.0. Di ka papahiyain. :cool:

And I really like the ride: smooth, quiet and as fast as I want it to be. *wolves

I wonder how much better the Accord 3.0 is? That must be one heck of a car. :D

Hehehe....

hi,

Yes I enjoy every minutes of the civic 2.0. Well definitely the engine of the 3.0 accord is going to be amazing. I guess it has the highest horsepower compared to the altis and the cefiro. But frankly I dont like the design of the accord. Actually there is a different design for the cefiro in singapore. I would love to buy the 3.0 cefiro if the design is the same as the one in singapore. I have a friend that has a lexus 3.0 Es. It has the same engine as the camry but he hates it a lot.

I love the whistling sound of the civic 2.0 especially when you your leg is on the accelerator. I just watched the WRC rally and I can hear the same sound that it emits from our civic 2.0. My friend says that the civic 2.0 is more like a touring car, like the WRC. Well it is true. But one thing that I constantly has to be careful is the car is very low. When parking I had to be extremely careful because I know that its bottom can hit the bench on the parking lot.

On the 1st 1000 i already change the engine oil even though I dont have to. Also recently it reaches 5000 and I also ask them to change the spark plug even though I dont have to plus the oil. There is a difference after change.

Do you ever try adding new parts to the engine to enhance its power. By the way, how fast can our car reach. I mean the maximum limit. I also wanted to try but no opportunity

thanks

jovey

hi,

Yes I enjoy every minutes of the civic 2.0.  Well definitely the engine of the 3.0 accord is going to be amazing.  I guess it has the highest horsepower compared to the altis and the cefiro.  But frankly I dont like the design of the accord.  Actually there is a different design for the cefiro in singapore.  I would love to buy the 3.0 cefiro if the design is the same as the one in singapore.  I have a friend that has a lexus 3.0 Es.  It has the same engine as the camry but he hates it a lot. 

I love the whistling sound of the civic 2.0 especially when you your leg is on the accelerator.  I just watched the WRC rally and I can hear the same sound that it emits from our civic 2.0.  My friend says that the civic 2.0 is more like a touring car, like the WRC.  Well it is true.  But one thing that I constantly has to be careful is the car is very low.  When parking I had to be extremely careful because I know that its bottom can hit the bench on the parking lot. 

On the 1st 1000 i already change the engine oil even though I dont have to.  Also recently it reaches 5000 and I also ask them to change the spark plug even though I dont have to plus the oil.  There is a difference after change. 

Do you ever try adding new parts to the engine to enhance its power.  By the way, how fast can our car reach.  I mean the maximum limit.  I also wanted to try but no opportunity

thanks

jovey

Hmm, yes I did notice that whistling sound. :cool:

And true na sobrang baba ng car. Ilang beses na ako sumabit sa parking humps eh. At gagasgas kapag paalis ka na. :P

No enhancements yet for me. All I'm planning it to dress the car a bit, give it rain guards at the sides and other stuff.

Fastest I've tried is at 170kph, but at that speed, sobrang takot na ako. I immediately let go of the accelerator upon seeing my speed.

Rally car, huh? :D

What the Altis has though which is good, in my opinion, is the six sensors all around the car. One for each corner plus two in the back. It makes it easier to drive.

Pina-installan ko nga sa Honda ng dalawang sensor sa likod iyung auto ko eh. Kais my last Altis had sensors already kaya sanay na akong pumarada na may beeping sound.

hi fahfrd,

Yes I guess you can never get all the things you prefer whether it is the honda or the toyota. I guess you had the sensors in your previous altis and you kind of miss it. Do you find that hthe sound system is not as good as you would prefer it to be on the civic 2.0. One thing i like about the sound system is the mp3. I got a cd that can play 160 songs (mp3) with just one cd. Kind of cool.

The rain guard was given to me free plus the tinting. The red civic is very nice. cool. I got the pearl white because i thought it is kind of different in color. Well it takes a lot of maintaining especially when it is white.

What do you think of the mazda 323. Can I also ask are they selling the mitsubishi evo. And How much. Just today's newspaper mention the top 10 fastest car in the world interms of certain category and the mitsubishi evolution came in 1st and 2nd. Guess i love speed.

till then take care

Hahaha!

Buti ka pa, free iyung rain guard mo.

Yup, I like the fact that the sound system in the Civic 2.0 can play MP3s.

However, I really dislike the fact that walang CD changer iyung Civic 2.0.

Iyung Altis 1.6 ko dati meron. Kaso lang di ko sure kung meron ding CD player iyung Altis 1.8

Iyung nga lang sa white, halata kaagad kapag medyo nadumihan. Pero cool color iyan. :cool:

hi honda and altis fans

Actually whether you want a civic or altis is really dependant on what you want.

1. You want a fast car. Then definitely the civic 2.0 is the choice. It can accelerate to top speed without much effort and its cornering speed is awesome.

2. You want a car the looks beautiful. Well of course the altis looks better compared to the civic. But then the civic is definitely not ugly. It is like choosing a girl that is in the scale of 1 to 10. If the altis is in the scale of 9, then the civic is in the scale of 8, not far behind.

But please remember that both cars are made by the japanese even though the plant is in philipines or thailand. Please also note that the japanese plant outside of Japan has almost caught up in terms of standard. That is the latest fortune 500's report.

3. If you want amenities, inside the car, I would say that both car gives all the basic amenities plus having something that the others doesn't have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...