Filipino Or English

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
English, no contest.  I can't STAND hearing or reading grammatical errors, improperly used words, or even shitty intonation/pronunciation/diction -- if anyone here works at ETC/Jack TV, your voice talents SUCK BALLS, btw.

I agree. I give tests in English to many of my management trainees. Checking the tests usually gives me a headache. :thumbsdownsmiley:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BDC0425

im better in written english kase im in a way very particular sa mga grammar kaya pagdating sa oral mahina ako. pero sa tagalog pareho marunong and nasanay na rin sa written tgalog sa kakagawa ng mg memo in tagalog!!!

English ...first my mom was an English professor kaya ang first language namin was English...second your correct...the everyday tagalog is more pang kanto so its very difficult to pick up the proper grammar...and i do thank my mom and dad for being sensitive about the English language kasi it does have its advantages lalo na now at work. trust me, even in job interviews and meeting...iba pag maganda ang control mo with the English language....people respond to you differently, more positively...even if some may get a bit intimidated at times...its a good kind of intimidation...but ofcourse, its one thing to speak well...its another to prove after that your not only all about speaking well....

im got average grades in English and Pilipino. They are both foreign languages to me, Im from mindanao. Even the Cebuano dialect is foreign for us, cause we have our own Surigaonon dialect. Whats the big Fuzz about the english profeciency? Ok fine if you teach english, you must be good at it. But for others, i think as long as you understand and can speak the language ok na. Friends, im outside our country for 15 yrs..and this is what i conclude, english is not a hindrance to prosperity. Look at the Japanese, i have one engr who knows only "OK/No/Yes", but he recieves better salary than me. Look at the Germans, the French the Italians. Think of it pipol, its not the english..its our attitude that matters. Its the declining morality of Juan de la Cruz and too much politics that is hindering our progress. :D

i got average grades in English and Pilipino. They are both foreign languages to me, Im from mindanao. Even the Cebuano dialect is foreign for us, because we have our own Surigaonon dialect. Whats the big Fuzz about the english profeciency? Ok fine if you teach english, you must be good at it. But for others, i think as long as you understand and can speak the language ok na. Friends, im outside our country for 15 yrs..and this is what i conclude, english is not a hindrance to prosperity. Look at the Japanese, i have one engr friends who knows only "OK/No/Yes", but he recieves better salary than me. Look at the Germans, the French the Italians. Think of it pipol, its not the english..its our attitude that matters. Its the declining morality of Juan de la Cruz and too much politics that is hindering our progress. :D