Running

daDJ

I tried to to test my legs and lungs this morning... wah i would need a lot of time before i could run a race againg.. pacondition na muna ako... sept 17 is really not realistic... pero i might still check the race...

so dadj... whats your comment about the running club?

I tried to to test my legs and lungs this morning... wah i would need a lot of time before i could run a race againg.. pacondition na muna ako... sept 17 is really not realistic... pero i might still check the race...

so dadj... whats your comment about the running club?

What is included in the reg sa Adidas run may shirt ba?

I got a white singlet, which looks nice. may price tag pang nakalagay haha! (para isipin siguro ng mga sumali na sulit yung 250php na reg fee). Dalwa lang available na sizes either medium or large. Mukhang may finisher shirt pang iaabot (may tshirt stub sa race #).

About the MTC running club, sounds interesting :cool:

Where do you guys park there? I've been wanting to do a two hour run during a weekend but it gets boring to just keep going around and around the memorial park I usually use for this.

Dr Pepper, instead of running in FB army camp try doing it in Global City where the roads are well paved. Have you been to the Adidas Sports Kamp? Runners prefer the area around the Sports Kamp because the streets are closed to vehicular traffic. Parking is also free.

good luck guys.. have a great race

1 week to go... what are your pre race rituals naman .. share naman

Pre-race rituals? A lot pare coz I really take running seriously. Ok I'll share some running success secrets:

1. You should have a training plan. In my case, it's a 1-month plan for a 10K run. The training period is adjusted as the distance increases. Take New Balance Power Race for instance where I trained for 3 months which was good enough for a 25K distance.

2. Taper your training a week before the race.

3. Carbo loading is advised at least a day before. Carbo = energy.

4. Eat breakfast at least 1 to 2 hours before the race.

5. Stretch your muscles and perform a 10-minute warm up run before the actual run.

i plan to take it easy come race day...not the usual race strategy for a 10k...so i guess an hour and twenty minutes tops is my target time...

right now am running 6k a day for 30 minutes plus weights and core training...but sometimes the legs of a 40+ runner do give way :D and its not like am 23 years old again...

besides, my eight-year-old baby will be tagging along so i'm really gonna take it easy all the way...good luck on sunday!

Dr Pepper, instead of running in FB army camp try doing it in Global City where the roads are well paved. Have you been to the Adidas Sports Kamp? Runners prefer the area around the Sports Kamp because the streets are closed to vehicular traffic. Parking is also free.

Hey thanks, I'll look around on the Sunday after next and check out that area.

Newbie runner here.

Have not really gotten into running but a personal challenge has made me begin training for my first race in January. Its a small 5K benefit run that my gym is sponsoring and im not sure if im gonna be ready for it (having just come off an accident).

Id say im in pretty good shape since I work out regularly (I do spin classes, I box and I lift weights) but running is something I find daunting. My training partner has began by making me run regularly on the treadmill (its still too hot to run outdoors here right now). I can actually run the 5k but my time sucks :P I also get really tired at the end of the run.

As fall starts in a few weeks, we will take to the road, where hopefully, I can find out if ill be able to run this race or not. What will make the race a bit more difficult is its gonna be in January - which is wintertime where im at...

At any rate, tips and advice is most, most welcome.

Newbie runner here.

Have not really gotten into running but a personal challenge has made me begin training for my first race in January. Its a small 5K benefit run that my gym is sponsoring and im not sure if im gonna be ready for it (having just come off an accident).

Id say im in pretty good shape since I work out regularly (I do spin classes, I box and I lift weights) but running is something I find daunting. My training partner has began by making me run regularly on the treadmill (its still too hot to run outdoors here right now). I can actually run the 5k but my time sucks :P I also get really tired at the end of the run.

As fall starts in a few weeks, we will take to the road, where hopefully, I can find out if ill be able to run this race or not. What will make the race a bit more difficult is its gonna be in January - which is wintertime where im at...

At any rate, tips and advice is most, most welcome.

So it's still in January eh? That will give you enough time to train for the 5K. Among all the road races it's the 5K that I hate the most. The pace is a lot faster than the longer runs like a 10K or 20K which means you don't have time to chat with the other runners during the race. Treadmill running is a lot different from road running. This means you will have to spend time training on the road. Gradually build up your mileage adding a few miles every week. You can do several short runs of 20-30 minutes during the week but try to put in one long run once a week. Sundays are perfect for this. If you have a chance, try to build up your speed too. Do fartleks or interval runs, which can be done by running at race pace for a few minutes then going back to a normal pace when you feel tired. Try to do this once a week too. As a beginner, just take everything easy, don't push yourself since it is very easy to get injured when running regularly. Make sure you have the right shoes and see whether you have flat feet, high arches, over or under pronate, toe off or heel and toe runner. There are specific running shoes that address these problems. On race day, try to sleep early, eat something light, and wear comfortable clothing. Stifle the urge to run fast from the starting line. Every race has its rabbits who spurt out at the start but do not complete the race. Run your estimated race pace and enjoy. Don't mind runners whizzing by you, you will catch most of them on the 4th kilometer if you have done the correct pacing. Running has its own natural highs which you will experience as you become a regular. Running is addicting!

150 runners, 1000 kms for the heart of one very special 5 year old.

Takbo para kay Nessa is a fund raising activity being sponsored by

Probe Productions for the heart operation of Nessa, the daughter of

Probe Productions Inc beloved soundman Tsiong Ladera. Nessa has a

congenital heart disease that needs an immediate operation.

We need 150 runners to run at least 3 rounds of the UP Academic Oval

(6.6 kms) for a total of 1000kms on Sunday Oct 1,2006. The event will

be featured on Game Plan.

Corporate Sponsors should pledge at least Php 10,000.00 should PPI

meet its 1000km goal. Individual sponsors can pledge any amount.

Please call Beth Manalaysay at 922-9273 or email us at

bmanalaysay@probeprod.com

forgive my math skills...so how many will each runner run? 6.6k x 3 rounds? :P

I'm interested to join the fundraising race. As a matter of fact, I already emailed Ms. Beth.

the 4th Annual Run-for-a-Cause dubbed "Run...for Life" of ABS-CBN is on October 14, 2006 at the Quirino Grandstand @6.00 a.m. The run will be for the benefit of the Ospital ng Maynila Intensive Care Unit.

Registration is Php100.00 for 3k, and Php150.00 for both 5K and 10K; all runners will be required to wear the Alam Mo Na Yan 101.9 For Life t-shirt that will be given upon registration during the race.

Entry forms available at ABS-CBN, Mother Ignacia St, QC c/o Weng Sayat (T# 415-2272 loc 5604) or Gie Fernando (T# 415-2272 loc 5638)

"Takbo na...for life!"

tiring...after 5k, i thought of quitting particularly when buenavista was almost right behind our heels...:D that guy is a HORSE! :cool:

while i did see donita, g toengi, senadora pia and other yummy girl runners, my mind was focused on finishing...as did the rest of the 2000+ pack...

finished in 58:17...not bad considering i was expecting 1:20:00 for my time...GREAT RACE!

btw, how do i see the final results of the race? do they have a website?

Edited by koopahl
the 4th Annual Run-for-a-Cause dubbed "Run...for Life" of ABS-CBN is on October 14, 2006 at the Quirino Grandstand @6.00 a.m. The run will be for the benefit of the Ospital ng Maynila Intensive Care Unit.

Registration is Php100.00 for 3k, and Php150.00 for both 5K and 10K; all runners will be required to wear the Alam Mo Na Yan 101.9 For Life t-shirt that will be given upon registration during the race.

Entry forms available at ABS-CBN, Mother Ignacia St, QC c/o Weng Sayat (T# 415-2272 loc 5604) or Gie Fernando (T# 415-2272 loc 5638)

"Takbo na...for life!"

Next target :D will be running the 10-k event...again