51 replies to this topic

#21 bonkeroo

bonkeroo

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Make the week awesome! I guess it really starts with ourselves, right?

There's no other way to break away from the routine than to break it itself. Kaya parang sa RPG/platform games, always press continue, then do some changes on your actions to progress.

Oh and YEY!! We reached page 2 for this thread!

#22 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, video games, board games and you.

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:12 AM

Last week was some what an achievement got busy for 3 days still got frustrated with things that i cannot control had a drinking session with a buddy and met some new peeps, then suddenly It's Monday again, fighting myself to get away through may usual routine....

It is an achievement! It's tough to stay busy for three straight days because there are tons of distractions along the way. Sorry to hear about the frustrating stuff that happened compounded by the fact that you cannot control them. 

You're probably a social person if you get to meet new people occasionally. Despite my job which requires me to be social, I still have challenges warming up to people. 

Make the week awesome! I guess it really starts with ourselves, right?

There's no other way to break away from the routine than to break it itself. Kaya parang sa RPG/platform games, always press continue, then do some changes on your actions to progress.

Oh and YEY!! We reached page 2 for this thread!

Agreed. It's tough to break a routine but sometimes we have to to remain productive. I've downloaded SMITE by the way but haven't played it yet. I'm gonna give it a go this weekend.

#23 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

RAMBLE #6:

I woke up late for work today. But there is something I picked up while rushing out: Most of my neighbors were just hanging out outside their gate chilling at 7:30 in the morning. I realized some of these dudes have businesses of their own. 

I suddenly have this notion to that I too want this lifestyle. At 36, the rat race is tiring. The challenge is that I don't really have the resources to start on my own plus at 36, it'll be tough to get a better, high paying job. This is why I hope going to grad school pays off somehow. Speaking of which, I haven't enrolled yet :( kinda tough to balance the budget for school and home but hopefully it does someday. 

I remember a friend once asked that, if I had the resources, what business would I start. I thought about it and there are a couple of things I love: sports, public speaking/master of ceremonies, video games and board games. 

I first thought about a board game cafe; it has a niche audience but I think it'll be fun. I'll have to hang around board game cafes to learn how does their business work. I also would love to take a side job of public speaking or being a master of ceremonies. I love being in front of a crowd. I don't have stage fright and I love the attention. Problem is, I'm an overweight, 36 year old dude and not particularly good looking so that's going to be a challenge. 

I'm not really sure how to get there, but if ever I do get a chance to start a business, it'll be about these two. I really want the "do whatever you want, whenever you want" lifestyle and seeing my mid 40s and 50s neighbors getting ready to watch game 7 between the Rockets and the Warriors on a freaking Tuesday work day, motivates me even more.

#24 bonkeroo

bonkeroo

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 09:59 AM

It is an achievement! It's tough to stay busy for three straight days because there are tons of distractions along the way. Sorry to hear about the frustrating stuff that happened compounded by the fact that you cannot control them. 

You're probably a social person if you get to meet new people occasionally. Despite my job which requires me to be social, I still have challenges warming up to people. 

Agreed. It's tough to break a routine but sometimes we have to to remain productive. I've downloaded SMITE by the way but haven't played it yet. I'm gonna give it a go this weekend.

I would play 2-3 games a week, arena mode, very fast game type in smite. Duel 5v5, 10-15mins, a game is done. That's why I prefer Smite because of the first-person shooter and arena type gameplay.

You've got good camera and internet connection? I suggest you start a blog & vlog, could be a good 'training' ground, you'd use it anyway if you make it big as a public speaker, vidgame master etc.

#25 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

I would play 2-3 games a week, arena mode, very fast game type in smite. Duel 5v5, 10-15mins, a game is done. That's why I prefer Smite because of the first-person shooter and arena type gameplay.

You've got good camera and internet connection? I suggest you start a blog & vlog, could be a good 'training' ground, you'd use it anyway if you make it big as a public speaker, vidgame master etc.

Oh man. My life isn't interesting enough to be a vlogger let alone my face lol! Thanks for the encouragement though.

#26 bonkeroo

bonkeroo

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:23 PM

Oh man. My life isn't interesting enough to be a vlogger let alone my face lol! Thanks for the encouragement though.

Don't be! I'll encourage you more, think about the benefits of it as a practice ground if you really wish to be a public speaker. Furthermore, if vlogging clicked, you'd probably have created a passive income that you can eventually make it your full-time job.

#27 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:21 AM

Don't be! I'll encourage you more, think about the benefits of it as a practice ground if you really wish to be a public speaker. Furthermore, if vlogging clicked, you'd probably have created a passive income that you can eventually make it your full-time job.

I dunno. I think for vlogging to work you need to be either:

1. Good looking
  2. Famous
  3. Do interesting stuff most of the time

For the vloggers that I follow, they're a combination of these three. I don't really do anything interesting in particular that merits a vlog haha. Like, if I were rich I would be travelling a lot or trying different foods or something. That would make it click. But would anyone want to see an unattractive, overweight, middle aged dude go to the mall to get a haircut or window shop for mobile phones? That's so uninteresting because everybody does that.

Media requires it to be pleasing to the eyes to catch attention from viewers. 

#28 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:27 AM

RAMBLE #7:

So later tonight I will be attending band practice. I'm actually flattered I got asked to join after just hanging around them without even showing any kind of interest to join. Hopefully it turns out well. 

Also, I'm targeting to be a lot more productive today hence why I squeezed in this ramble before I start actual work. I wanna earn as much to start my own business and have that "do whatever s@%t you wanna do, whenever you wanna do it" lifestyle. What added to my motivation was after over-hearing some dudes aged 30 something in Starbucks talk about all the cars they owned or drove and chicks that they went out with from their last trip to Cebu (they were THAT f#&king loud). What caught my attention was these guys shifted to talking about the stock market. It was a Tuesday afternoon at 3pm when most people were at work and these guys were in t-shirts and shorts hanging out in Starbucks. I thought to myself: THIS is the f#&king life that I want and not this rat race.

Talk to you later, MTC.

#29 bonkeroo

bonkeroo

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

I dunno. I think for vlogging to work you need to be either:

1. Good looking
  2. Famous
  3. Do interesting stuff most of the time

For the vloggers that I follow, they're a combination of these three. I don't really do anything interesting in particular that merits a vlog haha. Like, if I were rich I would be travelling a lot or trying different foods or something. That would make it click. But would anyone want to see an unattractive, overweight, middle aged dude go to the mall to get a haircut or window shop for mobile phones? That's so uninteresting because everybody does that.

Media requires it to be pleasing to the eyes to catch attention from viewers. 

How about vlogging the journey to reach that? TV media maybe, but not in the online world. I think you're just thinking about the famous side of it. This should boil down to doing what you want and physical appearances, social status, etc. shouldn't discourage you.

I've seen a lot of vlogs that they're not good-looking, and not even fit, but the content is great which keeps you coming back. Vlog content does not just revolve around travel, food, gadgets. You can recreate yourself in the online world, or better yet find the better you.

One example, Gary 'f*cking' Vaynerchuk, a very good motivator. Started vlogging about the family wine business that he handles, doesn't back down even if he only have 1 viewer. Youtube is not yet a thing back then. He hustled through twitter, posting vids etc. He is a high school drop-out. When he thinks he needs to work more, he works more, starts to cold call random store owners/companies to promote himself. You know he looks like on his old vids? Baggy long sleeves, receding hairline, heavy eyebags, but the hustle he's doing is uncanny. Wine business grew from 300k annual to 4m I think. Wine sellers in his area lobbied against him, and at that time importing tax became ridculous. That was 10 years ago, now when you look at his present stuffs, won't even fly for a 1-hour $90k public speaking gig 'cos he thinks the time he would use in his now media company is much more precious.

I hope you don't feel like I'm nagging, but I just don't want you to feel discouraged when you didn't even hustled hard yet.

Embrace yourself, and have the confidence to start doing what you like. I don't know dude, maybe it's not really about vlogging since I've only came to that opinion when you've mentioned public speaking. If it's about business, online is also a good route and you can still use these skills for it. If you need help about that, I think I can help you since my partner and I started an online business 3months ago. (I help with online marketing and branding) Since I work late at night, I use my afternoon time to side hustle. Hopes business continues to run well, we stopped for now since we had a production problem.

I think I'm sounding more of a grampa than you now.  :lol:

#30 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:28 PM

How about vlogging the journey to reach that? TV media maybe, but not in the online world. I think you're just thinking about the famous side of it. This should boil down to doing what you want and physical appearances, social status, etc. shouldn't discourage you.

I've seen a lot of vlogs that they're not good-looking, and not even fit, but the content is great which keeps you coming back. Vlog content does not just revolve around travel, food, gadgets. You can recreate yourself in the online world, or better yet find the better you.

One example, Gary 'f*cking' Vaynerchuk, a very good motivator. Started vlogging about the family wine business that he handles, doesn't back down even if he only have 1 viewer. Youtube is not yet a thing back then. He hustled through twitter, posting vids etc. He is a high school drop-out. When he thinks he needs to work more, he works more, starts to cold call random store owners/companies to promote himself. You know he looks like on his old vids? Baggy long sleeves, receding hairline, heavy eyebags, but the hustle he's doing is uncanny. Wine business grew from 300k annual to 4m I think. Wine sellers in his area lobbied against him, and at that time importing tax became ridculous. That was 10 years ago, now when you look at his present stuffs, won't even fly for a 1-hour $90k public speaking gig 'cos he thinks the time he would use in his now media company is much more precious.

I hope you don't feel like I'm nagging, but I just don't want you to feel discouraged when you didn't even hustled hard yet.

Embrace yourself, and have the confidence to start doing what you like. I don't know dude, maybe it's not really about vlogging since I've only came to that opinion when you've mentioned public speaking. If it's about business, online is also a good route and you can still use these skills for it. If you need help about that, I think I can help you since my partner and I started an online business 3months ago. (I help with online marketing and branding) Since I work late at night, I use my afternoon time to side hustle. Hopes business continues to run well, we stopped for now since we had a production problem.

I think I'm sounding more of a grampa than you now.  :lol:

Holy craaaaaap that one story you've just shared is really f#&king inspiring dude! Oh man. I don't have any device for vlogging so I guess I'll just use my handy dandy Note 3 for a trial run. No wonder you're good at this since you're into Marketing. I'm in Sales so I know what you mean. I think I'm good with talking to people, I just don't have the looks to match haha

#31 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

RAMBLE #8:

"CO-WORKING"

Holy crap this is the first time I've ever heard of this and I think it's a great and simple business concept. It started from a post on Whisper wherein I asked the Internet where would be the best coffee shop or milk tea place where there is WiFi and sockets for my laptop. Someone messaged me a co-working place here in Marikina. 

It's a cool and easy business to setup I think. From what I'm seeing, you just need:

1. A large enough space for 30-50 people.
  2. Comfy chairs and tables
  3. Airconditioning
  4. Decently fast Internet and landline (for those that may need it)
  5. Generous amounts of electrical sockets
  6. Good and comfy lighting

That's about it I think. The unlimited coffee/tea and snacks are simple. The setup they have here is that they have the usual coffee maker that you see at home and the sandwiches are made by the two employees here: one is the recep and the other one is the, all-around-whatever-person. Some people are making this their personal office; I even see people interviewing their applicants here.

For a reasonable enough fee of Php 350 for a day pass, you have unlimited access to their Internet and coffee/tea for 10 hours. There are other packages you can avail depending on the frequency of your visit. There are other snacks and pasta that you can order if you want to. I wished I learned about this place before instead of spending time in those coffee shops and milk tea places where it was very noisy or they didn't have Internet or if they did, it was on a per hour basis plus they do not have plugs for the laptop.

Whelp, new hide out for me in case I wanna work on my side jobs hehe.

#32 bonkeroo

bonkeroo

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

RAMBLE #8:

"CO-WORKING"

Holy crap this is the first time I've ever heard of this and I think it's a great and simple business concept. It started from a post on Whisper wherein I asked the Internet where would be the best coffee shop or milk tea place where there is WiFi and sockets for my laptop. Someone messaged me a co-working place here in Marikina. 

It's a cool and easy business to setup I think. From what I'm seeing, you just need:

1. A large enough space for 30-50 people.
  2. Comfy chairs and tables
  3. Airconditioning
  4. Decently fast Internet and landline (for those that may need it)
  5. Generous amounts of electrical sockets
  6. Good and comfy lighting

That's about it I think. The unlimited coffee/tea and snacks are simple. The setup they have here is that they have the usual coffee maker that you see at home and the sandwiches are made by the two employees here: one is the recep and the other one is the, all-around-whatever-person. Some people are making this their personal office; I even see people interviewing their applicants here.

For a reasonable enough fee of Php 350 for a day pass, you have unlimited access to their Internet and coffee/tea for 10 hours. There are other packages you can avail depending on the frequency of your visit. There are other snacks and pasta that you can order if you want to. I wished I learned about this place before instead of spending time in those coffee shops and milk tea places where it was very noisy or they didn't have Internet or if they did, it was on a per hour basis plus they do not have plugs for the laptop.

Whelp, new hide out for me in case I wanna work on my side jobs hehe.

Good thing meron near your place! Nagiging uso nga mga ganyan though limited pa rin places more on ortigas and makati.

Dude, follow mo na si Gary Vaynerchuk sa FB promise, mammotivate ka!

I'm actually a designer, but if we really want to do something, we do something. Hustle and important is to have fun! Online marketing side, andyan naman si google and I stumbled a great website that teaches almost everything for free. Free talaga but online business really does involve you to cash-out for web domain, hosting, fb ads, etc.

Try to search for FIMP. 

• Hide in Bush likes this

#33 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

Good thing meron near your place! Nagiging uso nga mga ganyan though limited pa rin places more on ortigas and makati.

Dude, follow mo na si Gary Vaynerchuk sa FB promise, mammotivate ka!

I'm actually a designer, but if we really want to do something, we do something. Hustle and important is to have fun! Online marketing side, andyan naman si google and I stumbled a great website that teaches almost everything for free. Free talaga but online business really does involve you to cash-out for web domain, hosting, fb ads, etc.

Try to search for FIMP. 

Thanks man for being awesome!

#34 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

RAMBLE #9:

Holy hell, it's a Thursday??? Tomorrow, we are 6 months into 2018. 3 months from now, we'll be hearing Christmas songs again in the malls. Where did the time go???

Anyway, I'm here at work waiting for the payroll (it's given in cash, not through ATM) before I leave for my usual routes. It's a bit more chill today since the boss won't be coming in but I can't get lazy. Gonna wrap all this paper work crap and start actually working.

#35 bonkeroo

bonkeroo

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:26 PM

Mabilis nga tong last week ng May, or siguro nasanay ako na pakriamdam ko aksi yung past months talaga ang bagal. Feels like June will be a fast month too.

• Hide in Bush likes this

#36 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:44 AM

RAMBLE #9:

First day of June. Holy hell. We're OFFICIALLY six (6) months into the year!

Got a lotta things to do this weekend which makes it exhausting and exciting:

1. Band practice.
  2. House Chores.
  3. Enroll for the 1st sem of grad school.
  4. Online gaming with friends.
  5. Watch the 'Solo' movie. People says it sucks, but as a Star Wars fan, I'm determined to watch it no matter what.
  6. Zumba with the Titas of our subdivision (Don't judge me! It's better than jogging IMO).

It's packed! Finally, SOMETHING breaks the monotony of my everyday :)

#37 bonkeroo

bonkeroo

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:47 PM

Uyyy interesting weekend nga ah! 

There's already a 'pirate' version of Solo ;) 
Was thinking of downloading it, but based from what you've said, I'd just wait for a clearer copy.

Honestly, I just wanna watch it bcos of Danny Glover and curious about Emilia Clarke's character. 

#38 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

Uyyy interesting weekend nga ah! 

There's already a 'pirate' version of Solo ;) 
Was thinking of downloading it, but based from what you've said, I'd just wait for a clearer copy.

Honestly, I just wanna watch it bcos of Danny Glover and curious about Emilia Clarke's character. 

It was interesting. First one in a while.

#39 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 June 2018 - 09:21 AM

RAMBLE #10

Had an unpleasant discussion with my dad again. He is asking me to work on his side jobs to get my feet wet into being an entrepreneur. 

I understand that he is looking out for me, but he's not really much of a mentor. At first I thought it would work out like a partnership, but not it's more employee - boss relationship. Before, I always get pissed off because whenever we have our meeting, he's always so condescending and compares me to everyone much more successful than I am at an early age. I'm thinking this is his way to motivate me, but it isn't working. Now, I'm just numb. I take whatever bullshit he tells me and just do as I am told. 

But this worked in a good way. For some reason, I feel so motivated not because of inspiration but more because of rage. I want to sarcastically tell my dad someday that the reason I am successful is because he always said I was old and unsuccessful.

Right now, I'm evaluating what I enjoy and what I think I'm good at and I think it is event coordination given that I also have friends who can be point persons for events. For the next few days, I will research on how to get into this kind of business. 

It's odd that I had to be insulted so much to a point that I want to do something on my own for once. 

#40 Hide in Bush

Hide in Bush

Forever a lurker.

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

(I messed up the numbering, but this is supposed to be RAMBLE 12:)

RAMBLE #12

Some variety in my week so far. 

So after a long time, I had that MTC spa itch yesterday. I was thinking, "Where could I go this time?" I looked up the list of spas and thought of going to El Aura since it's the nearest from where I was.

I chose the twin service. I've always wondered how a threesome felt and this was a small way on experiencing it. Though it's only the standard service, the therapists were very encouraging given some inconveniences like the room was small and that they weren't used to a twin service since it was rarely selected. Admittedly, I had the time of my life! It's so addicting too.

I will go for it again if I have the chance holy crap!

Also, I'm disappointed in myself for not following up on what I promised myself which was to sleep early, research on how to start an 'Events' business and exercise. I'm sooo irritated with myself because I knew I could do it, but my body got magnetized to the bed when I lied down. I promise myself I'll do better when I get home. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fubu, spa, sex, basketball, boardgames, videogames, reading

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users