• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#181 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • Interests:Things that matter: A good book, music, coffee, and conversations.

Posted 18 November 2018 - 07:21 AM

Aaaaaand it's Sunday again. But this time I have the whole day for myself. Feeling kinda guilty saying that, but what the hey! I need this.

What a week it has been. Got into a band again and now trying to struggle myself with work, band and being a house elf. It's just like college again, but worst. So it is kinda busy, yet productive. Well, if you would count musical endeavors as a point, then yeah.

Btw, just watched Fantastice Beasts and Where to Find Them: Crimes of Grindelwald. It. Was. Awesome. It certainly lived up to the hype. Some of my theories were correct, while some got busted. But I'm quite happy yet asking for more from the movie. Sadly there weren't any books so we won't know what'll happen next until the next movie comes out. Just to give you an idea, Nifflers steals some of the scene. Get it? Nifflers...steal... .... .... ok, anyway, I'm thinking of watch Bohemian Rhapsody today. Cause I won't forgive myself if I didn't.

That wraps it up for now, how 'bout you? How was your week? Share it on this thread. Would love to hear from you.

C.U. out!

"There no such thing as strange creatures, only blatant people"

#182 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:02 PM

Just woke up from an awesome night!

I've been in a band since my HS days, but last night's gig was awesome! Seeing everybody singing and dancing got me playing through the pain! Yes, arms were heavy but no mom's spaghetti, legs were about to cramp. Play through the pain. Made it to the last beat thanks to the crowd.

Honestly, I'm not used to that kind of scene. Before it was just crowds sitting on tables or mosh pits. Growls, hesvy guitar riffs and shreds. Double peds, blast beats, and pulsating bass line. Sure a couple of people would sing along, including the growl parts (mainly the whole song). That was fun and I still love that scene. But, to be honest I kinda like it. It was a whole new energy for me.

Welp, that's all for now. Wish that every crowd would gave out the same energy.

C.U. Out!

#183 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:39 AM

And kids...that is the reason why you don't s@%t, where you eat.

Damn.

#184 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

Not the best way to start the year.

Fever, Cough, and Nasal Congestion is not a fun chapter for your "365 Book".

Can't start my BS diet and gym routine.

FML!

Edited by ChubbyUnicorn, 09 January 2019 - 12:52 PM.

#185 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

Aaaaand we're back! 

here we go again with some fun filled randomness. Good to be back online! First quarter's almost done, shed a few pounds and it's kinda awesome that a few people has been noticing some changes in me. Been drinking more water than I expected. Speaking of agua, make sure to drink plenty of water. 'Cause someone forgot to TURN OFF THE HEATER!!! It's insanely hot outside. Sure's nice to go to the beach right now. But! I ain't ready! My heart says yes, but my body says no. They might spot a manatee washed up on shore. 

How's your 1 quarter so far??? 

#186 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 20 April 2019 - 07:45 AM

Let's go back to our regular programming shall we???

Here are some not so useless but intriguing facts about Lent.

Chubby Unicorn's 9 Intriguing Facts About Lent

(Some You Might Not Even Know)    

1. Yes, I Have a Smudge on My Forehead. Why do you Ash?

Ash Wednesday, the portal to Lent, was first mentioned by a British monk named Aelfric around the year 1000 AD. Referring to the biblical practice of applying ashes and wearing sackcloth as signs of repentance (Job 42:6Dan 9:3;Matt 11:21), he urged others to do so at the beginning of Lent.  By the way, Ash Wednesday was originally known asdies cinerum, or “day of ashes.”

2. A Clean Sweep

In Eastern traditions, there is no Ash Wednesday. Rather, the Orthodox Church observes Clean Monday, a time to purify the soul of sinful, selfish attitudes. Indeed, the entire first week of Lent is often dubbed “Clean Week,” a time of confession, abstinence and spring cleaning.

3. Life Begins–and Lent Ends–at Forty

In the Western church, Lent technically lasts 46 days, but the six Sundays during this period have traditionally been exempted from fasting and other restrictions. However, in Eastern traditions, Sundays are included in Lent but, because the Orthodox calendar differs from the West, Lent still lasts 40 days. Biblically, the number 40 has powerful significance. Before he received the Ten Commandments, Moses camped out with God for 40 days and nights on Mount Sinai  (Ex 34:28). The prophet Elijah tramped through the desert for 40 days and nights to hear the “small, still voice” on the mountain of the Lord  (I Ki 19:8). And Jesus fasted and prayed for 40 days and  40 nights in the wilderness before He launched His public ministry (Mt 4:2).

4. A Lent By Any Other Name

Lent comes from the Old English word, lencten, which means “springtime.” Lencten is also related to the German and Dutch words meaning “long,” referring to the lengthening days of sunlight as Easter approaches.

5. Lent–Not Just for Catholics, Anymore

Lots of people believe that only Roman Catholics observe Lent. For ages, that was true but not so anymore. According to a 2013 Washington Post article, over 200 Protestant denominations participate in “Ashes to Go,” an ecumenical network that ministers to the public on Ash Wednesday. While some people associate Lent with typical “high church” denominations such as Episcopalian, United Methodist and Presbyterian, this is beginning to change. For instance, Lyle Larson, a Southern Baptist pastor in Tennessee, has become more interested in practicing Lent. In a 2014 guest column for theBaptist Reflector, Larson wrote, “As I have undertaken observing Lent, I have found myself focusing on my inner life and what the Lord is calling me to do.”

6. There’s Something Fishy Going on Here

Ever wondered why Catholics eat fish on Fridays during Lent? Early records reveal that Christians have abstained on Friday to commemorate the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who died on “Good Friday.” Fish was substituted for the meat of warmblooded animals for several reasons: Jews customarily ate fish on Fridays because God created fish on the fifth day; the chief apostles of Christ were fishermen; the Resurrected Christ dined on fish (Lk 24:42Jn 21:9-14) and fish reminded the early Christians of the waters of baptism and the water that flowed from the side of Jesus on the cross.

By the way, did you know that the McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish sandwich was inspired by Good Friday–and a little bit of economics? Lou Groen, a McDonald’s franchise owner in a Catholic section of Cincinnati, noticed that his burger sales were dropping off on Fridays. His solution, in 1962, was to come up with the now-famous fish sandwich.

7. Born to the Purple

Purple is the liturgical color of Lent. It reminds Christians that a purple garment was placed on Jesus during His passion to mock Him (Mark 15:16-20). It is the color of penance, a stark reminder that human sin is a mockery of the perfect purity of God. Purple is also the color of royalty. When the Roman soldiers mocked Jesus as a ruler, how little they realized that they were scorning the true King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

8. Time Out

Ash Wednesday is a public holiday in the Cayman Islands, French Guiana and Jamaica. In other places, such as Panama and the Caribbean islands of Guadeloupe, it is a day off for bank and government workers.

9. Waxing Poetic

After his conversion to Anglicanism in 1927, T.S. Eliot penned a poem with the simple title, Ash Wednesday. It is a symbolic, six-part work that begins with despair and cynicism, finally ending on a note of hope infused with the vision of a Mary figure–“blessed sister, holy mother, spirit of the fountain, spirit of the garden.” The poem ends with an appeal from the Psalmist: “And let my cry come unto thee” (Ps 102:1). The Scottish Isles writer, Edwin Muir, called Ash Wednesday “one of the most moving poems (Eliot) has written, and perhaps the most perfect.”

Folks! there you have it. 
And this has been your awesome now shaved thanks to the scorching heat Chubby Unicorn...Aaaaaaaarigathanks and DotaMentionIt! PEACE!!!

Edited by ChubbyUnicorn, 20 April 2019 - 07:46 AM.

#187 lone23

lone23

Master

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,573 posts
  • Interests:Women, Concert, Rock Music, Telecommunication

Posted 20 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

Let's go back to our regular programming shall we???

Here are some not so useless but intriguing facts about Lent.

Chubby Unicorn's 9 Intriguing Facts About Lent

(Some You Might Not Even Know)    

1. Yes, I Have a Smudge on My Forehead. Why do you Ash?

Ash Wednesday, the portal to Lent, was first mentioned by a British monk named Aelfric around the year 1000 AD. Referring to the biblical practice of applying ashes and wearing sackcloth as signs of repentance (Job 42:6Dan 9:3;Matt 11:21), he urged others to do so at the beginning of Lent.  By the way, Ash Wednesday was originally known asdies cinerum, or “day of ashes.”

2. A Clean Sweep

In Eastern traditions, there is no Ash Wednesday. Rather, the Orthodox Church observes Clean Monday, a time to purify the soul of sinful, selfish attitudes. Indeed, the entire first week of Lent is often dubbed “Clean Week,” a time of confession, abstinence and spring cleaning.

3. Life Begins–and Lent Ends–at Forty

In the Western church, Lent technically lasts 46 days, but the six Sundays during this period have traditionally been exempted from fasting and other restrictions. However, in Eastern traditions, Sundays are included in Lent but, because the Orthodox calendar differs from the West, Lent still lasts 40 days. Biblically, the number 40 has powerful significance. Before he received the Ten Commandments, Moses camped out with God for 40 days and nights on Mount Sinai  (Ex 34:28). The prophet Elijah tramped through the desert for 40 days and nights to hear the “small, still voice” on the mountain of the Lord  (I Ki 19:8). And Jesus fasted and prayed for 40 days and  40 nights in the wilderness before He launched His public ministry (Mt 4:2).

4. A Lent By Any Other Name

Lent comes from the Old English word, lencten, which means “springtime.” Lencten is also related to the German and Dutch words meaning “long,” referring to the lengthening days of sunlight as Easter approaches.

5. Lent–Not Just for Catholics, Anymore

Lots of people believe that only Roman Catholics observe Lent. For ages, that was true but not so anymore. According to a 2013 Washington Post article, over 200 Protestant denominations participate in “Ashes to Go,” an ecumenical network that ministers to the public on Ash Wednesday. While some people associate Lent with typical “high church” denominations such as Episcopalian, United Methodist and Presbyterian, this is beginning to change. For instance, Lyle Larson, a Southern Baptist pastor in Tennessee, has become more interested in practicing Lent. In a 2014 guest column for theBaptist Reflector, Larson wrote, “As I have undertaken observing Lent, I have found myself focusing on my inner life and what the Lord is calling me to do.”

6. There’s Something Fishy Going on Here

Ever wondered why Catholics eat fish on Fridays during Lent? Early records reveal that Christians have abstained on Friday to commemorate the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, who died on “Good Friday.” Fish was substituted for the meat of warmblooded animals for several reasons: Jews customarily ate fish on Fridays because God created fish on the fifth day; the chief apostles of Christ were fishermen; the Resurrected Christ dined on fish (Lk 24:42Jn 21:9-14) and fish reminded the early Christians of the waters of baptism and the water that flowed from the side of Jesus on the cross.

By the way, did you know that the McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish sandwich was inspired by Good Friday–and a little bit of economics? Lou Groen, a McDonald’s franchise owner in a Catholic section of Cincinnati, noticed that his burger sales were dropping off on Fridays. His solution, in 1962, was to come up with the now-famous fish sandwich.

7. Born to the Purple

Purple is the liturgical color of Lent. It reminds Christians that a purple garment was placed on Jesus during His passion to mock Him (Mark 15:16-20). It is the color of penance, a stark reminder that human sin is a mockery of the perfect purity of God. Purple is also the color of royalty. When the Roman soldiers mocked Jesus as a ruler, how little they realized that they were scorning the true King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

8. Time Out

Ash Wednesday is a public holiday in the Cayman Islands, French Guiana and Jamaica. In other places, such as Panama and the Caribbean islands of Guadeloupe, it is a day off for bank and government workers.

9. Waxing Poetic

After his conversion to Anglicanism in 1927, T.S. Eliot penned a poem with the simple title, Ash Wednesday. It is a symbolic, six-part work that begins with despair and cynicism, finally ending on a note of hope infused with the vision of a Mary figure–“blessed sister, holy mother, spirit of the fountain, spirit of the garden.” The poem ends with an appeal from the Psalmist: “And let my cry come unto thee” (Ps 102:1). The Scottish Isles writer, Edwin Muir, called Ash Wednesday “one of the most moving poems (Eliot) has written, and perhaps the most perfect.”

Folks! there you have it. 
And this has been your awesome now shaved thanks to the scorching heat Chubby Unicorn...Aaaaaaaarigathanks and DotaMentionIt! PEACE!!!

I remember my grandmother reading this.

• C.Unicron likes this

#188 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:57 AM

It's hard living with issues. Specially if those issues are: anxiety, depression, and anger management. You can't control your anger, then one thing leads to another. Next thing you you've f#&ked up everything that's around you. Then anxiety kicks in. You're mind starts to wander the deepest darkest recess of your mind. Lastly, depression. The last stage. Once it sinks in, it feels like hell. No one can save you from this. You feel helpless. Ending everything will start to emerge as a solution.

Imagine that. Let me know how it feels. If you know someone who's dealing with this...talk to them. Help them out.

I don't want others to face the same struggle like what I have.

#189 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 08:13 PM

Had an idea for a topic earlier, but I got stuck playing AL for a long period of time (thank you special holiday). Tried to look for interesting and useless facts, but couldn't anything online.

I guess, tambay nalang muna ako sa thread ko.

If anyone wants to hang out on this thread, feel free to post or share anything.

Peace!

#190 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 03:29 AM

Aside from all the adult content in this site. It's a safe haven for me...to be me. Thank God for most, but not all of the threads created. I can actually express myself even without talking to anyone. I can share my ideas and opinions. Even if my own thread attracts reader or not, no Fs would be given. It's my personal space, and there's nothing any one can do about it. Well, except for the admins/mods of this site. Yeah...they can practically do anything to a thread. Yikes! sorry about that. 

Still, it's my own personal haven away from the real world. Away from anyone that I know. A place where I don't need to wear a mask or please anybody. Away from negativity, disappointment, and sadness. A safe place for me...to be me.

#191 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:35 AM

Mondaze be likeAttached File  15595221531927786169528217486389.jpg   35.01KB   0 downloads

Edited by C.Unicron, 03 June 2019 - 08:36 AM.

#192 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:21 AM

Holiday! But not for me. Perks of being a part of the IT industry. Aka dakilang alipin ng kumpanya.

Eid al-Fitr to all mah Muslim bruthas and sistas! Peace and prayer to all.

One fact about me, I'm not a religious person. Yet I'm fascinated by it. I was once called a Pseudo-Atheist. Yep, Again, I'm not religious but, I know that there's a higher being above us all. Not sure who he/she is, but someone's up there looking down on us.

#193 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:50 PM

Friday! Friday!
Attached File  images (2).jpeg   14.15KB   0 downloads

Edited by C.Unicron, 07 June 2019 - 04:55 PM.

#194 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:17 PM

Is it just me, or the whole idea of having a HS reunion is a big BS?! I just think that seeing your HS classmates is just a sad excuse to either flaunt how big shot you turned out to or you have a personal agenda with your former classmates. i.e. MLM or you just want to secure some votes for your local election in the next barangay election? 

Or

I'm just to lazy to attend. To the point I'll just think of a generic excuse not to go. IDK. I don't really know.

Though I'm free tonight and still looking for a watering hole.

#195 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 06 July 2019 - 03:35 PM

How to celebrate your Birthday:

• DON'T GO TO WORK. Make sure that your special day would be spent on how you want to spend it
  • Since The Big Bang Theory is now in Netflix, BINGE WATCH IT. Or whatever series you like. Let it bring you the spark of joy that you need on your day.
  • Spend x number of hours with your family over dinner. You owe it to your self to eat good food. And share that special x number of hours with the important people in your life.
  • SKIP work the next day and continue to BINGE watch The Big Bang Theory (or whatever series you like)
  • While on your couch, eat your birthday cake and make sure to feel good about what you're doing.

And that's how you celebrate your birthday alone. In the eventuality that you'd live and die alone.

#196 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 05:43 AM

And here we are again. Alot has happened over a couple of months. Lost my job. Got a new career path. Turning a page to the next chapter of my life. From what I've learned so far in life, everything happens for a reason. At first you may not believe or accept it. But once you understand all the changes, everything will just snap in to place.

Welp, that's all for now. DEUCES!

#197 sirheinrichcu

sirheinrichcu

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:42 PM

hello,. good vibes. I like your life. I hope you can say the same thing about mine. but not now. in the near future i hope hahaha

#198 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 10:44 PM

hello,. good vibes. I like your life. I hope you can say the same thing about mine. but not now. in the near future i hope hahaha

Lol! Well, that makes one of us. It may look fun, but trust me it ain't. It's boring and exhausting. I though by the time I reach my current age I'd be able to try everything on my bucket list. But I was wrong. Well...this is reality kicking our arses. Like what Wade said "Life is an endless series of train wrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness." Trying to make the most out of what I have and always prepare for the WCS. Since you'll never know who are what's the next thing that'll f#&k you up.

#199 C.Unicron

C.Unicron

Mythical Creature

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:59 PM

Here's another list from yours truly. I know it's late, but it's worth sharing. Remember, sharing is caring. Here we go!

Now, some of you may be familiar with this list and for those who aren't, I suggest reading this with someone beside you in a well lit room. 

The 10 Most Terrifying Stories Born on the Internet
  • Candle Cove.
  • Smile Dog.
  • Slender Man.
  • NoEnd House.
  • The Rake.
  • The Bad Dream.
  • "My dead girlfriend keeps messaging me on Facebook"
  • Anansi's Goatman.

List above came from CreepyPasta. If that doesn't scare the socks outta you, you can also try to either get some stuff from the sub-reddit /nosleep.

Here are some of my favorite stories from /nosleep:

1. “The New Fish” 
  2. “Uncle Gerry's Family Fun Zone” 
  3. “I found a USB stick / The Long Face” 
  4. “The M Show Fan Club” 

If watching horror movies' or reading creepy tales are not your thing, you may also try to listen to some podcast on Spotify. May I suggest the Lore or Welcome To The Night Vale playlist.

Enjoy! Peace!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Food, Music, Movies, Toys, Books, Geeks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users