Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

sir, tanong lang.... what's shallow depth of field?  :blush:

depth of field = the amount of distance between the nearest and the farthest objects that appear in acceptably sharp focus in a photograph. Depth of field depends on the size of the aperture (also known as f-stops), the distance of the camera from the subject, and the focal length of the lens. The bigger the aperture, the greater the depth of field.

pag shallow depth of field ibig sabihin eh either ang focus mo eh nasa object nearest or farthest to the camera at dahil sa focal length at small aperture ay lumalabo ang ibang parte ng photograph.

tawag dyan eh shallow depth of field. 

sir, reminder lang. medyo malabo din yung subject mo.  it could be na sobrang lapit mo sa subject, nanginginig kamay mo pagkuha or hinahangin din yung subject :)

yun pala tawag dun... :cool: galing... maraming salamat sir pnoize2k4...

actually sir yung gusto ko i-achieve dun sa shot na yan yung tipong, mas malinaw yung sa bottom kesa dun sa may filter ng sigarilyo, kaya mejo ppapunt sa isang corner yung subject, parang gusto ko na pagtumingin dun sa picture, you'll find your eyes looking downward to the corner na mas malinaw kesa yung titingnan mo lang sya as in isang buong picture....

sana ma-gets nyo yung thought ko, mejo malabo yata. :cry: di ko ma-explain ng maayos...

benji, do u know where i can get b/w 120s? i wanna experiment b/w on a holga. ganda kase mga nakita ko sa isang toycamera na site eh. heeelp! btw that 120 of yours is the bomb! antique na yun ah! i let you know too of anyones selling a holga or an action samp.

:lol: dont have any idea about these things... :unsure:

benji, do u know where i can get b/w 120s? i wanna experiment b/w on a holga. ganda kase mga nakita ko sa isang toycamera na site eh. heeelp! btw that 120 of yours is the bomb! antique na yun ah! i let you know too of anyones selling a holga or an action samp.

if you're in cebu, you can buy 120's at Small Wonder. In manila, I heard fuji sells and develops them.

deejay4:

120 is film format. yung pic na post ni benji na rolleicord ay TLR (twin lens reflex) which uses 120 film.

pnoize2k4:

may 120 b/w pa sa cebu? puro slide at negative 120 na lang dito both kodak and fuji. guess ill have to go to hidalgo and find sum. ty anyways.

novo thanks sa info...

sir benjie, para saan po ba yung ISO?

and also meron po ba kayo advice kasi gusto ko po mag-experiment, kunan ko ng pictures yung

pinsan ko, yun parang mga studio shots using my digicams...

any advice po sir?

lighting etc... considering ala po ako mga tools....

thanks po sir....

ISO = the acronym I.S.O. refers to International Standards Organization. It is also used as a numerical system to rate film speeds or film sensitivity to light. It is also used in digital photography to denote the sensors sensitivity to light.

Basically, low ISO ratings need more light and produces finer grains, these are great for outdoors. While high ISO settings need less light but grains are more amplified, and is recommended for low light situations.

-----------

as for your studio shots experiments.

What will be your source of light?

ISO = the acronym I.S.O. refers to  International Standards Organization. It is also used as a numerical system to rate film speeds or film sensitivity to light.  It is also used in digital photography to denote the sensors sensitivity to light.

Basically, low ISO ratings need more light and produces finer grains, these are great for outdoors. While high ISO settings need less light but grains are more amplified, and is recommended for low light situations.

-----------

as for your studio shots experiments.

What will be your source of light?

ic.. sir does it mean na, kapag nasa outdoor ka kelangan low ISO, then kapag indoor household lights lang ang source of light, mas ok na high ISO?

---------------------------

pede po kaya study lamp ang gamitin? ano po kaya pinakamagandang gawin? at gamitin?

ic.. sir does it mean na, kapag nasa outdoor ka kelangan low ISO, then kapag indoor household lights lang ang source of light, mas ok na high ISO?

---------------------------

pede po kaya study lamp ang gamitin? ano po kaya pinakamagandang gawin? at gamitin?

yup

-----------

actually pwede kahit anong light source. but, i suggest that you study lighting first before dwelling into portraits. medyo mahirap magilaw ng subject kung hindi mo alam yung ginagagawa mo.

How about this? Any comments or criticisms on how I took this shot? Aside from the bad quality of the photo. :)

this photo looks like it was taken with a phone cam.

i'll be frank about my comment, i hope you're ready:

1. You're right, the quality of the photo is bad. It's grainy, dark and blurry.

2. I couldn't really make out what the other guy was holding, if it weren't for the cymbals, the drummer would not be clear either. i would've stepped back to see the instrument the guy on the left was holding or maybe even further to see the other members of the band, unless of course they were a duo.

3. sabi nga ni E-poc, masakit sa ulo. because of the "noise", may mga kulay na naliligaw. hindi dapat kasama sa picture.

4. the shadow at the right side, looks more like a ghost than anything.

5. Overall, this is a bad photo. It shows everything that should not be done when shooting low-light or shooting a performance.

:lol: Thought so. Thanks.

Yes it is a camera phone, I haven't brought my real camera that time, digital or even film. Sayang, Razorback pa naman. If only my actionsampler has flash ang dami ko na sanang magagandang nakuha.

Post lang kayo mga kaibigan, estudyante din ako sa potograpiya. :goatee:

Hi guys... I just would like to ask for some comments regarding the pics I posted... violent reactions are welcome :lol:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/Phrozhen_Khold/UK%20Trip/fec8f611.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/Phrozhen_Khold/UK%20Trip/0459ffe6.jpg

*This is how you'll know if Superman is changing in a phone booth :P