Dreaming To Be A Famous Photographer

buttakkal

Canon 350D. Is the 580EX worth the extra money or should I just go for the 430EX? I also heard Sigma produces Canon-compatible lenses. Kung kulang yung budget, I might go Sigma nalang (unless anyone has any sigma flash horror stories they want to share). many thanks!

get the 580EX or 550EX.

From what I heard, the protective coating of Sigma Lenses tend to fade within 5 years or so. However, the Sigma 500 DG Super is a good buy. I've used this in a couple of occassions and IMHO is worth every buck.

sir pnoize2k4 thanks sa mga tips...

nag-create narin ako ng accnt dun sa flickr...

i've posted some pics that i got...

galing nung mga pics nyo sir... lalo ako nae-encourage i-tuloy yung hobby/dream ko...

deejay4:

No problem. I learned the same way you are learning now. I just hope that, when you have become a famous photographer, you will also help new photographers with their questions.

you know my flickr account, just add me as a contact.

i'm glad that i am able to encourage you, even if only though the images i make. shoot and shoot and shoot some more.

have a good day.

deejay4:

No problem. I learned the same way you are learning now.  I just hope that, when you have become a famous photographer, you will also help new photographers with their questions.

you know my flickr account, just add me as a contact.

i'm glad that i am able to encourage you, even if only though the images i make.  shoot and shoot and shoot some more.

have a good day.

i'll add u sir...

sir mukhang matagal pa bago ako maging real photographer, i have so much to learn pa and also

i dont have the right tools, i guess.

ang dream ko talaga sir yung maiwan ko yung usual day job ko at maging photographer who makes money.

parang ang sarap kasi ng feeling ng ganun, you are being paid for doing the work you really love.

buttakal: while most photographers have shifted to digital, a lot of us still use film once in a while.  in commercial photography, photographers still use medium format film.

my film camera:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9037/rolleicord3model2thumbnail9kx.jpg

Rolleicord III

my brother just bought something that looks like this... but it's a seagull...

wow, super expensive pala. mukhang aabutin ako ng siyam-siyam bago makabili ng ganito.

nice tip sir. galing. ngayon ko lang nalaman to. i love this kind of shot.

saka yung mga blurred background na kaya ng dslr as u saidm gusto ko rin un.

di nga kaya yung blurred background sa digicam ko  :(

sir keep the tips and tricks coming....

share ko lang po.... i was able to take this photo with a blurred background using a digital camera...

:)

post-89352-1151355501.jpg

I guess it's time for another tip...

Shooting Concerts

Most of us want to shoot concerts, trying to capture the emotions and the music. But how do we do this using only a still digital camera? Here are some tips:

1. As much as possible, do not use flash. Flash will only destroy the mood by killing the stage lights and often times will overexpose the subject. Invest in low light lenses (big apertures), for canon there's the cheap but highly recommended 50mm/f1.8 which sells for about 5k.

2. Try to study the movement of the subject. Look at how they move about on-stage, do they jump? or would they rather stand still?

3. Call their attention, musician will often play with the camera or with the photographer. Try calling out their name while holding up your camera during music breaks or gaps.

here are some samples:

http://static.flickr.com/4/5925772_f2bc4a9255_o.jpg

J. Martin of Retrospect

http://static.flickr.com/35/64921475_43d59de61c.jpg

Nathan of Bamboo

Yes, I called Nathan's name to get this shot. I was just below the stage.

Edited by pnoize2k4
share ko lang po.... i was able to take this photo with a blurred background using a digital camera...

:)

mejo kaya ko na rin yata to ah. :)

im currently trying this kind of shot... blurred background/macro.

ako din... mas naaapreciate ko to kesa dun sa kabila...  :thumbsupsmiley:

san po yung kabila? ;)

and before i forget...

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!  B)

good morning din, kahit late na reply.... ;)

I guess it's time for another tip...

Shooting Concerts

Most of us want to shoot concerts, trying to capture the emotions and the music. But how do we do this using only a still digital camera? Here are some tips:

1. As much as possible, do not use flash. Flash will only destroy the mood by killing the stage lights and often times will overexpose the subject. Invest in low light lenses (big apertures), for canon there's the cheap but highly recommended 50mm/f1.8 which sells for about 5k.

2. Try to study the movement of the subject.  Look at how they move about on-stage, do they jump? or would they rather stand still?

3. Call their attention, musician will often play with the camera or with the photographer. Try calling out their name while holding up your camera during music breaks or gaps.

thanks again for the tip sir. :thumbsupsmiley: