#1 echo2knight

echo2knight

-Tall, Dark, and WHOLESOME!!!-

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1419 posts
  • Interests:- Undoubtedly, A Great ****er !!! -

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:04 AM

Anyone here into comicbook collection? I myself is a comicbook collector. Here are some of the titles:

Alternate X (1995) - 45 books
Wetworks 1-10
Team 7 miniseries
Hellshock miniseries
Bishop miniseries
Batman vs Predator miniseries
Evil Ernie 1-3
Aster miniseries (1,2,3,4,0, ashcan, certified, signed and numbered)
Deathblow 1
Wildcats 1 and ashcan, signed and numbered
Incredible Hulk 100

mga manga... meron din.....

Any recommendation? Ano mga collection nyo guys?

#2 guile1912

guile1912

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:30 AM

USUALLY GUSTO KO MGA FRANK MILLER

THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS

BATMAN YEAR ONE

SIN CITY

OK DIN COLLABORATION NILA ALEX ROSS AT PAUL D.

PARA SAYO, SAAN MAGANDA BUMILI NG COMIC BOOKS? ANONG SHOP/S?

;)

#3 master_chase

master_chase

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:reading, watching comedies, surfing, chatting and sex ;)

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:42 AM

hindi na kailangang lumayo....

actually, we have a couple of great comic artist and writers here:

arnold arre is a great example, his works 'mythology class' and the mushy but cute 'after eden' are at the tops of my list.

before carlo vargara hit it big time witt 'zsazsa zaturnah' there was 'one night in purgatory', definitely his best work to date.

:cool:

#4 guile1912

guile1912

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 502 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:29 AM

I'M LOOKING FOR A BATMAN YEAR ONE NA SOFTCOVER TB.

MERON B KAYO ALAM KUNG SAAN MERON MABIBILI.

THANKS

;)

#5 hitomi

hitomi

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1217 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:25 AM

OK DIN COLLABORATION NILA ALEX ROSS AT PAUL D.

PARA SAYO, SAAN MAGANDA BUMILI NG COMIC BOOKS? ANONG SHOP/S?

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ang ganda ng art ni alex ross grabe

anyway, most of what i've got is manga

the only american i have is the Hellblazer TPB covering the first year of John Constantine (original sins)

pinakamagandang shop na nakita ko ay Comic Alley sa Robinson's Ermita, damidaming selections. yung nasa greenhills kasi parang mas maraming merchandise kaysa sa comics.

onga pala, lumaki ba value ng superman number 1 na naka bagong costume siya? (yung silver na glow in the dark)

#6 armyofone

armyofone

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:47 AM

Hi guys, I'm also an avid comic collector and collect more than 10 titles a month (really ouch on my wallet!)...

Just wanted to let you guys know of an awesome shop in Magallanes called "Druid's Keep". The shop sells comics, toys, statues, and other comic-related collectibles. All of their stuff there are cheaper than everywhere else (for example, if you buy at least 10 titles a month, the owner will give you an exchange rate of x50 to a dollar for comics... also, most toys are a few hundred pesos cheaper than other places).

It's located at the 3rd floor of the Gateway building (I think thats the right name) in Magallanes. It's the building that has Rustans Expresslane and Starbucks on the first floor.

Try them out! You won't regret it! :)

#7 guile1912

guile1912

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:32 PM

Hi guys, I'm also an avid comic collector and collect more than 10 titles a month (really ouch on my wallet!)...

Just wanted to let you guys know of an awesome shop in Magallanes called "Druid's Keep".  The shop sells comics, toys, statues, and other comic-related collectibles.  All of their stuff there are cheaper than everywhere else (for example, if you buy at least 10 titles a month, the owner will give you an exchange rate of x50 to a dollar for comics... also, most toys are a few hundred pesos cheaper than other places).

It's located at the 3rd floor of the Gateway building (I think thats the right name) in Magallanes.  It's the building that has Rustans Expresslane and Starbucks on the first floor.

Try them out!  You won't regret it! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BRO,

DO YOU HAVE THE NUMBER OF THE SHOP? PAKI PM NAMAN SA AKIN

GUSTO KO SANA CONTACT MUNA SILA BEFORE I GO THERE.

THANKS

;)

#8 m@rky

m@rky

Lover

• (05) Regular
  • 1003 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:57 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know of an awesome shop in Magallanes called "Druid's Keep".  The shop sells comics, toys, statues, and other comic-related collectibles.  All of their stuff there are cheaper than everywhere else (for example, if you buy at least 10 titles a month, the owner will give you an exchange rate of x50 to a dollar for comics... also, most toys are a few hundred pesos cheaper than other places).

It's located at the 3rd floor of the Gateway building (I think thats the right name) in Magallanes.  It's the building that has Rustans Expresslane and Starbucks on the first floor.

Try them out!  You won't regret it! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pre paki-add na lang po ako sa pm mo tungkol dun sa number nung shop... taga-novaliches ako e kaya medyo malayo-layo sa akin yung lugar... thanks in advance...

i'm more into marvel than dc...
- not much into manga but i do have some... :D

#9 Anthony_Martin

Anthony_Martin

Chaser

• (03) Newbie
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:29 PM

I'm an avid fan of Hellblazer, although ngayong taon lang. Kung alam ko lang na si John Constantine yung asa Hellblazer nung high school pa lang ako e kinolekta ko na yung mga naunang issues.

Sa ngayon tinigil ko muna ang pangongolekta (I just started last June 2005, pero honestly since elementary pa lang eh bumibili na ko, di ko nga lang alam kung pano ingatan. Akalain mo bumili pa ako ng Mylar Sleeves at backing board this year para malagay yung mga comics ko), focused muna ako sa Hellblazer at dun sa Civil War na limited series. Susundan ko yung Justice League sa July. Kelanagn ko munag mag-ipon eh dahil sa mga priorities next year.

#10 dgnx69

dgnx69

Hottie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Interests:metal music, video games, movies, Japanese pop culture, visual kei, UFO sightings, the occult, conspiracy theories

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:16 AM

san merong ciy hunter na manga? naghahanap kasi ako eh. yung english translated yung hinahanap ko

#11 echo2knight

echo2knight

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1419 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 01:39 AM

Have you tried Filbars, Comic Quests and Comic Alley. Meron din minsan sa powerbooks!!!

#12 guile1912

guile1912

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • 502 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 09:31 AM

FYI,

COMIC ALLEY DOES NOT SELL COMICS, THEY SELL ANIME STUFF AND TOYS

YUNG SHOP SA ROBINSONS ERMITA AY COMIC ODYSSEY, THEY HAVE A GOOD COLLECTION OF BACK ISSUES. AND THEY ALSO SELL TOYS.

;)

#13 CodenameV

CodenameV

Knowing is not enough; we must apply

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:Media Collector (Audio CD's, DVD's. Comic books, Manga, Management books/ Self Help books)<br /><br />Toy Colector (Action figures, SOC's, Happy Meal toys)<br /><br />Gadget Freak (Computers, Cellphones, PDA's)<br /><br />Jack of all trades and Master of none. Good enough but not great.

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:17 AM

i'm a regular at Druid's Keep after shifting from Filbars. I still buy from Filbars from time to time since i know the owner as i have been a collector since high school. DK is the most reliable shop nowadays.

I'm more into good writers than artists so i normally collect stuff from Neil Gaiman, Garth Ennis, Warren Ellis, Alan Moore, Grant Morrison and Frank Miller. Alan Moore and Frank Miller used to be my favorites but they have gone into more non mainstream comic book genres.

I did read Hellblazer for a while but i think the noteworthy issues were already done by Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis and especially Garth Ennis. The only issue that i remember that wasn't done by those authors was the issue "Newcastle" exploring the events leading to JC stay's in the asylum.

#14 BlackWizard

BlackWizard

Chevalier Vampire!!!

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3282 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:31 AM

May I suggest Heavy Metal Adult Illustrated Fantasy Magazine...

Assorted ang stories and lots of artists.

Lupet pa ng mga artwork!!!

Edited by BlackWizard, 20 June 2006 - 10:40 AM.

#15 revi

revi

Boy Tisoy All The Way!!!

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6373 posts
  • Interests:NBA Cards (Duncan)<br />Badminton<br />Rock Music (Punk/Metal/NewWave)<br />Marvel Comics<br />SEX - hehehe!

Posted 20 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

Is Penthouse Comix still alive?

I have issues 1-3 (all first printings).. But that was waaay back in 1994.. I still have them though.. It was full of filth as expected.. hehehe!!! :D Its somewhat in the format of Heavy Metal (as Black Wizard stated) but more topics about sex.. (again, as expected)..

#16 echo2knight

echo2knight

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • 1419 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 12:38 AM

May kopya ako nyan before.... kaso nawala. Sayang!!! Ganda pa naman!!!

#17 BlackWizard

BlackWizard

Chevalier Vampire!!!

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3282 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 04:02 AM

Is Penthouse Comix still alive?

I have issues 1-3 (all first printings).. But that was waaay back in 1994.. I still have them though.. It was full of filth as expected.. hehehe!!!  :D Its somewhat in the format of Heavy Metal (as Black Wizard stated) but more topics about sex.. (again, as expected)..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, Penthouse had acquired those comics from Heavy Metal itself.

(Click, etc.)

All the stories on Penthouse Comix were featured in Heavy Metal... :)

#18 marc.alan

marc.alan

Sensualist

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4645 posts
  • Interests:Magic: The Gathering, Transformers, Tarantulas, Warcraft 3, Star Wars, Star Trek, Batman, James Bond

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:50 AM

the first comics i collected: Funny Comics!!! i remember combatron, supersog, niknok, planet op di eyps.....

pero yng nakahiligan ko US comics, kasikatan ng image... i had Gen 13 miniseries.. 1-5 and 4 other alternate covers of number 1... yung regular series hanggang dun sa jim lee art lang tumigil na ako

i also had wildcats miniseries 1-4...

#19 west

west

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:58 PM

went to japan in kawagoe recently and there was this small comics shop near the hotel...
inside there were shelves and shelves of comics...i browsed through it for several hours and
was lucky enough to find Mazinger Z mint copies...bought 5 episodes that were available...
the drawings are terrific although i could not understand any of the story since it was written in nihongo!
any just for my collection...

#20 revi

revi

Boy Tisoy All The Way!!!

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6373 posts
  • Interests:NBA Cards (Duncan)<br />Badminton<br />Rock Music (Punk/Metal/NewWave)<br />Marvel Comics<br />SEX - hehehe!

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:59 PM

Actually, Penthouse had acquired those comics from Heavy Metal itself.

(Click, etc.)

All the stories on Penthouse Comix were featured in Heavy Metal... :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? That's good information.. But are you sure? So that means that Young Captain Adventure is owned by Heavy Metal? Kasi I just can't help but wonder coz Heavy Metal usually has one-shot comic stories.. Penthouse Comix on the other hand featured a run.. meaning may mga "to be continued siya.." And when I checked my old Wizard (a guide to comics) it was stated that the first appearance of Herricane was in Penthouse Comix #1.. Kasi kung hindi at sa Heavy Metal ang first appearance ni Herricane.. hindi yun sasabihin sa Wizard..

Like yung Young Captain Adventure & Doctor Dare.. Kasi, these are on-going series that are featured in the semi-monthly magazine format.. But there are artists in Penthouse Comix that also drew in Heavy Metal.. I believe Horacio Altuna is one.. There might be stories in Penthouse Comix that were once seen in Heavy Metal.. especially the one shot ones.. But all?

Just asking.. Coz when Penthouse Comix came out.. I had read and owned several Heavy Metal stuff.. and I have not seen any characters from Penthouse Comix that were first featured in Heavy Metal.. Another thing is that Penthouse Comix's characters are usually super hero based like Hot Blood and Scion.. Unlike sa Heavy Metal na kadalasan ay off-beat characters and violent characters at that..

Again, I was just asking kasi in my POV it looks like hindi "all" eh.. Hindi din ako sure though..

Peace, Black Wiz.. ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users