er?. d ko gets

#22 HARDBODM

HARDBODM

Charmer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

update sa mga mtc gurus last night kinabit na yun linksys g router ko kaso nag flufluctuate sa ibang parts ng compound and napuputol so the next morning(today) i bought a linksys expander and no need to configure and now my wifi is doing great even though the linksys espander or repeater ang tawag nila ay more expensive than the router hahaha pero its ok thanks ulit sa lahat :thumbsupsmiley:

#23 sleep_heavy

sleep_heavy

Hardcore Pleasure Connoisseur

• Ambassador
  • 1402 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Hitter
    Tender Lover
    Hopelessly Debauched since MTC 2003

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:24 PM

I'm not a techie person but I'm using Dlink now, it's the cheapest kasi. -_-

Been using it for more than one year already.. 24/7 sha naka-on.. bihira ko lang ma-off. My house is pretty big.. thick walls and all.. I can use my i-touch even inside my comfort room.. that's about 2 rooms away from my router. Btw, PLDT DSL rin ang ISP ko.

Like I've said, I'm not a techie person but I was able to set-up my router. Tuwang tuwa nga ako sa sarili ko eh.. nilagyan ko pa ng password. :P

Some of the Best
---Net Gear
---D Link
---TP Link

Not necessarily in that order. Basta Okay sila

#24 crazykalbo

crazykalbo

Libertine

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:21 PM

DLINK? Im using a DLINK but the signal really sucks! Im on the 3rd floor of our house and the wi-fi signal is only found inside my room where the wireless router is setup. My sister, cant use wireless on her laptop downstairs in her room because of this. Im thinking of replacing this wireless router before the end of the year.

#25 revi

revi

Boy Tisoy All The Way!!!

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6373 posts
  • Interests:NBA Cards (Duncan)<br />Badminton<br />Rock Music (Punk/Metal/NewWave)<br />Marvel Comics<br />SEX - hehehe!

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:20 AM

I am using DLink right now.. But the signal ain't really that strong.. When I use my gadgets (i.e., Phone and LapTop) downstairs it can't pick up the signal.. However, I rarely really use the net outside of my office which is situated at the 2nd floor of our house.. So, I guess, I have to say that DLink works for me but it won't really work for everyone..

#26 tarbu

tarbu

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 01:59 AM

im using linksys WRT54G
ok ang signal. 2 pcs on the 2nd floor and 1 at the 3rd floor. the router is at the 1st floor.
easy to config

dont settle for those cdrking wifi routers

Edited by tarbu, 28 August 2008 - 02:01 AM.

#27 jurel_tampadong

jurel_tampadong

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Current events, General info., Politics , Music and Sex,Sex,Sex.

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:20 AM

mga mtc gurus whats the difference of G and N series? How come masmahal ang N series? Mas high tech po ba ito? 15 to 20 meters away ang house ko from my other house which i plan to wifi and 3 walls in total ang pagitan, what do you think is best for me?
Do i also need to buy the booster or receiver po? thanks!

Hi dude ! the main difference will be the speed on wireless connection. B is 11 mbps, G is 54 mbps while N claims to be 300 mbps. Yes , definitely mas high tech ang N , you will notice na most N routers has 3 antennas , unlike G or B na pwedeng humina ang signal when passing through walls , yung N signal is bouncing until it reaches the receiver. Please remember na para ma-take advantage ang wireless N , the card should also use the same technology , meaning it should also be an N card.
Linkys wireless N routers are backward compatible with G and B , maybe same with other brands.

You might need a booster (or you might be pertaining to an expander) if you're using G to improve the signal. You may relocate your AP first to check kung magiging okey ang signal or you could also change the channel first (under wireless tab) before considering to purchase.

P.S. Di po ako nagbebenta ng wireless router or ano pa mang gadget. Simpleng forum users lang po tayo. Goodluck !

#28 Doberrmann

Doberrmann

Virgin

• (02) Sinless
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:13 AM

what are routers?

#29 sleep_heavy

sleep_heavy

Hardcore Pleasure Connoisseur

• Ambassador
  • 1402 posts
  • Interests:Heavy Hitter
    Tender Lover
    Hopelessly Debauched since MTC 2003

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:55 PM

Good day to all mtc tech guru ano po best wifi router? my Personal Computer is stationed in another house from my laptop kaya house to house and pagitan ano best? im looking at

LINKSYS WRT54G WIRELESS and LINKSYS WRT300N WIRELESS a/b/g/N Router

pero sa ibang sites ang dami nagbebenta ng LINKSYS WRT54G WIRELESS, aren't they contented with this model? purely hype lang ba?
a friend of mine suggested to get directly from PLDT DSL para compatible talaga... hope some of you can have time to give advice wanna be online often using my laptop

isp ko nga pala po PLDT DSL thanks for dropping by :thumbsupsmiley:

D-Link
NetGear... yun na talaga ang pinaka matatag..
we hardly turn off the units in our office because
we do 24/7 activity in our office and these guys
are never turned off. Its amazing how well built they
are and the management finds their signals very stable
Try ninyo dalawa po but observe lang namin we were
able to get signals over 200 to 300 meters out of
their regular standard reach sa Net Gear....

#30 agihap1

agihap1

Tease

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • Interests:meet new friends, sex, and sex again

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:36 PM

D-Link
NetGear... yun na talaga ang pinaka matatag..
we hardly turn off the units in our office because
we do 24/7 activity in our office and these guys
are never turned off. Its amazing how well built they
are and the management finds their signals very stable
Try ninyo dalawa po but observe lang namin we were
able to get signals over 200 to 300 meters out of
their regular standard reach sa Net Gear....

:thumbsupsmiley: Thanks for this INFO... :thumbsupsmiley:

:mtc: Mabuhay

#31 Guest_yasarfa_*

Guest_yasarfa_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

Eto sigurado mag increase ang range ng wifi ninyo.
http://www.cdrking.c...1670718-3543990

#32 elijahpaul

elijahpaul

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:30 AM

LinkSys WRH54G user here. currently loving this router for a nice strong signal all around my pad.

but it took me 6 hours to configure its DHCP. (yup, even though its supposed to be AUTO-config).
PLDT myDSL ISP.

bought this for P1,900 at Speed (SM Baguio), Octagon is selling this for P2,800! WTF?!

#33 boomouse

boomouse

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1910 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:35 PM

Since I am an all Macintosh household, I use one Airport Time Capsule Wifi N router with an Airport Extreme N and Apple Express base station with WDS enabled to expand and distribute the wifi throughout the house. The system is fast enough to support 24/7 bit torrent downloads, transport streamed music and video files and even allow an Apple TV connected to a plasma screen to work without any hitches. Not as cheap as the wifi G routers from CD-R King but the whole thing is so easy to maintain with all Macs around.

#34 WayKurat

WayKurat

Cutie

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 03:59 PM

can someone post a tplink wifi router review? am planning to buy one

#35 Guest_Leviticus_*

Guest_Leviticus_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

can someone post a tplink wifi router review? am planning to buy one

I use tplink in all of my connections. So far I've got the wifi extend range, tplink router, and tplink load balancer. I've also got a linksys wifi router. mamaya ko na lang post mga model. I'm at home kasi and the model numbers are at the office.

easy to setup and connect ang mga tplink. also, masmalayo ang range neto compared to the linksys router I have.

the load balancer.. wow! i use it for my voip phones para parang redundant ang internet. I've got the 2wan-3lan load balancer. yesterday I tried setting it up as an ftp and webserver. good enough for me! medyo basa-basa lang sa manual on how to designate the static IP for ftp server and the other IP for the ftp server.. in a single router. baka magtaka kayo why it's a bit complicated.. because I connected two DSL modems into a single router.

Edited by Leviticus, 26 October 2008 - 09:54 AM.

#36 Guest_Leviticus_*

Guest_Leviticus_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:55 AM

just an update on this. versus the TPlink extend range wifi router Wr542g and the linksys wrt54g2..

yesterday I went to the office to check on the routers. may nakatambak na 3 routers sa office: 1 wifi and 2 dsl router.

now I remember why I switched to tplink.. all 3 routers na nakatambak sa office are all bricked linksys routers. I browsed the net on how to unbrick it and according to my readings all I need is a firmware upgrade/flash. problem is the routers I have do not have their version upgrades available so useless pa rin.

nubayan.. sa nagtatanong kung reliable ang tplink, go for it. matibay eto. I also have an asus router which has not given up on me yet, still going strong.

It's not that I'm a linksys hater, its just that nagkataon lang na yung mga linksys routers ko ay sira na while ang mga natira ay mga tplink routers, an an asus router. oh, and did I mention I'm thoroughly enjoying the load balancer? connection has been stable ever since!

#37 Anaheim

Anaheim

The Way of the Intercepting Fist - Using No Way as Way

• (11) Wyld
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5588 posts
  • Interests:Swimming, bowling, table tennis, oil painting, computer games, traveling around the world, hollywood movies.

Posted 30 October 2008 - 09:36 AM

I am currently using Encore wireless router, so far so satisfied with it...no hang-ups, no hiccups with my Smart Bro connection...bought the device at CD-R King , I never thought cheap things won't give you satisfaction at its best

#38 Hex_Arenas

Hex_Arenas

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1075 posts
  • Interests:Good food, good books, good music and great conversations... *tink*

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:41 AM

Hi masters, I just need some help with information on routers. Im not a techie. Just a few weeks ago I bought my first router because I wanted to use my laptop in my room, and also I moved my desktop pc in my room also. I bought linksys/cisco products: one antenna-less router of "G" class, i think its the wrt g something. and one usb wifi adapter for my desktop, because my desktop doesnt have a wifi card. OK first mistake: I didnt know that there was s newer technology around, the "N" class. Its supposed to be faster. SO I bought the "G" class wc is the older technology. The "G" class only handles 54Mbps, versus the "N" class' 100 plus. OK. Setup was very easy, I had it running in less than 30 minutes, and I was able to use my laptop with net connection quickly. I got PLDT MYDSL, the cheapest package at P999 offering average net speed of up to 318mbps (or thereabout).

So I tried to download stuff...I saw the download speed to be at 26kbps...this is vey slow compared against my former download speeds of 65 or 40kbps when I was using the wires. Is this normnal? Does a wifi router lessen the download speed? The wifi router is in the living room, and im in my room, its a condo so its not farther than 35 feet. Concrete walls. The network connectivity reports Speed: 54MBPS, Connection: Excellent. But the download speed is bad. How come?

OK next question. Just this week I found out that in our building, there are several people who use wifi too, and these wireless networks appear on my wireless network list. OK. Now Im experiencing getting "kicked out" of my connection! Like Im using the net, then suddenly I lose my connection. SO I try to "repair"..sometimes i get my connection back again, and sometimes I dont. Those times that I dont get back my connection, I do a restart. Then a windows message appears: "There are other users logged on to this computer. Are you sure you want to turn off?/Restart?" Whats happening here?

Windows also says i dont have a firewall. But I do have an antivirus: AVG. Is having a firewall important?

Thanks and pacencya na sa very long post. :-) Hope some help is on the way :-)

Edited by Hex_Arenas, 31 October 2008 - 02:44 AM.

#39 Guest_Leviticus_*

Guest_Leviticus_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2008 - 01:53 PM

Hi masters, I just need some help with information on routers. Im not a techie. Just a few weeks ago I bought my first router because I wanted to use my laptop in my room, and also I moved my desktop pc in my room also. I bought linksys/cisco products: one antenna-less router of "G" class, i think its the wrt g something. and one usb wifi adapter for my desktop, because my desktop doesnt have a wifi card. OK first mistake: I didnt know that there was s newer technology around, the "N" class. Its supposed to be faster. SO I bought the "G" class wc is the older technology. The "G" class only handles 54Mbps, versus the "N" class' 100 plus. OK. Setup was very easy, I had it running in less than 30 minutes, and I was able to use my laptop with net connection quickly. I got PLDT MYDSL, the cheapest package at P999 offering average net speed of up to 318mbps (or thereabout).

So I tried to download stuff...I saw the download speed to be at 26kbps...this is vey slow compared against my former download speeds of 65 or 40kbps when I was using the wires. Is this normnal? Does a wifi router lessen the download speed? The wifi router is in the living room, and im in my room, its a condo so its not farther than 35 feet. Concrete walls. The network connectivity reports Speed: 54MBPS, Connection: Excellent. But the download speed is bad. How come?

OK next question. Just this week I found out that in our building, there are several people who use wifi too, and these wireless networks appear on my wireless network list. OK. Now Im experiencing getting "kicked out" of my connection! Like Im using the net, then suddenly I lose my connection. SO I try to "repair"..sometimes i get my connection back again, and sometimes I dont. Those times that I dont get back my connection, I do a restart. Then a windows message appears: "There are other users logged on to this computer. Are you sure you want to turn off?/Restart?" Whats happening here?

Windows also says i dont have a firewall. But I do have an antivirus: AVG. Is having a firewall important?

Thanks and pacencya na sa very long post. :-) Hope some help is on the way :-)

sounds to me like you connected to the wrong wifi router. have you placed a password and/or ID'ed your router properly?

#40 wonder69lust

wonder69lust

Looker

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 07:51 PM

the best deal for now is the linksys 300N. 3 antennas so its good for older wireless standards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users