Dual-sim Phones

it says dual gsm but it also gives 4 bands (850 | 900 | 1800 | 1900).. confusing..

here is the link UMnet

the specs sheet says "dual gsm" but is clearly have 4 bands (850 | 900 | 1800 | 1900).. confusing.

here is the link UMnet

the specs sheet says "dual gsm" but is clearly have 4 bands (850 | 900 | 1800 | 1900).. confusing.

here is the link UMnet

• 2 weeks later...

planning to get one but can decide from the 3 brands. Torque, myphone or cherry mobile.

I hate samsung. Nokia and sony ericson ok, pero tipid mode kaya sa mumurahn muna ako.

i will have to go with myphone bro... kung tipid mode ka. if you have extra ill go with nokia. i had a samsung chat before it was ok naman

• 3 weeks later...

here is the link UMnet

Based on the technical descriptions on umnet, the Q7 can accept 2 sim cards - therefore this is a dual sim phone.

You can use this in other countries because it is a 'quad band' phone.

But it didn't specify if both sim slots are quad bands.

However if you look at the photos (photo #12) on another web site:

http://www.techie.com.ph/features/unboxing-cherry-mobile-q70-quad-sim-phone

the Q70 is a quad sim phone.

Though it made no mention if it is a quad band phone.

Edited by johnlove

upgraded from a feature phone (samsung sgh-b7722, posted above) to a smart phone: the alcatel onetouch 918d.

dual-sim android phone running android 2.3 (gingerbread) that practically shares the same specs with the lenovo a60, making me think guess this is a co-branded phone.

downside is a little over 25mb lang ang internal storage, but you can stick in a micro-sd card up to 32gb. also, you can't uninstall the pre-installed apps, or move them to the memory card, so tough luck in installing large apps. on the other hand, ok na din siguro na you can't install large, resource-hungry apps, kasi they will most likely run sluggish sa phone due to processor and ram limitations.

nonetheless, i'm quite pleased with this phone and would be sticking with it for a while...unless some major player comes up with another dual-sim smart phone that has better specs and performance.

• 5 months later...

I have a Firefly 999 dual-sim for about 8 months. Bought this because I needed the most affordable quad-band dual-sim available for travelling abroad and this is the cheapest with the most functions available then.

Pros: good response. tactile keypad. plastic of back does not show scratches. nice screen resolution ( i jokingly call retina display for cheap phones)

Average: front and back camera

Cons: no option to turn off one of the sims. may easily delete all messages.

Good phone for the price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

used to have a nokia x2-05

but the major con that made me hate it so much was that it didn't sort the music

kahit ilang beses ko i-sync sa nokia suite, kahit ilang beses ko palitan yung album name and/or artist

strangely, it sorted 1 file but only because it was a WAV

i'm not one for fancy touch-screen phones so i'm very content with my asha 200 happy.gif

• 2 weeks later...