Your Recent Clothes/Shoes/Accessories Purchase

i find that i have strange shopping habits. i tend to get repelled by malls when i'm in a good mood as i don't like crowds and the search for the perfect parking space and the many, many things beckoning to be bought. and i am pretty successful on the most part in telling myself that malls are evil places.

however, when i hit a low point, my first instinct is to go shopping. i don't know why. i've never really thought to look to my childhood to find some error in behavior there. but it's frustrating. because when you find yourself at the mall and you're seething in anger or drowning in despair, you tend to buy impulsively (and dare i say, stupidly). i tend to regret most of the purchases i make when am at this state. but it did recently occur to me as well that i might really have a problem.

could i be a shopping addict?

:unsure:

uhm.

:blink:

hahaha.

:P

let me know if you think you are as well... and what was the last thing you bought?

let's try to help each other out of our addiction. let's form a shopping addicts anonymous or something. :boo:

oh yes pls...

shopaholic standing up to be counted here.

last wkend i got -- assorted toiletries at the bath and body works semi annual sale,

a green stretchy shirt at the gap

a pair of board shorts at roxy

a flirty flowery skirt at the banana republic outlet store

argh.

help! :boo:

oh and... the semi annual sale at victorias secret starts tomorrow... :evil:

i foresee major damage... :D

oh miss wyld, i'd love to tell you to reign in your spending habits but...

GO ON RIGHT AHEAD. :D

victoria's secret's sales ROCK big time!!! i'd jump on any chance to stock up on those satiny, lacey underthings. ;)

and not to be off-topic. but i last bought two pairs of shoes: pink suede bcbg girls pumps and faux pony hair pumps from culte femme. very, VERY impractical but i couldn't resist!!! :P

oh miss wyld, i'd love to tell you to reign in your spending habits but...

GO ON RIGHT AHEAD. :D

victoria's secret's sales ROCK big time!!! i'd jump on any chance to stock up on those satiny, lacey underthings. ;)

and not to be off-topic. but i last bought two pairs of shoes: pink suede bcbg girls pumps and faux pony hair pumps from culte femme. very, VERY impractical but i couldn't resist!!! :P

Grabe. I just got home from the VS Sale. :boo:

Okay -- I was good. I tried to control myself. I did NOT get any of the colognes and stuff...

I DID walk off with 6 pairs of undies from their PINK collection... I feel so virtuous...

Yun nga lang, my ate wants to go on Saturday ... at a better VS location... and Friday IS payday.

And you know what, missM... even if i wanted to ... I CANT!!! :boo:

its suuccch fun bein a girl ... ;)

just bought a box (1 dozon) of Nike ONE Black golf balls.  during my lunch hour.  i walk to a golf store near my office... and end up buying more of things i already have...

shopping need not be the domain of women.  :-)

youre right masi!!! welcome and here is to more shopping! :boo:

welcome, mr. masi. do explain why black nike golf balls would be more desirable than your normal white ones. :P or, just like us shopaholics, do you find that "you just had to have it"? :D

miss wyld! you're going BACK??? hahahaha. oh dear. i'm afraid to ask the damage. :P but go on right ahead.

went to the grocery yesterday to stock up on essentials (shampoo, mouthwash, deodorant)... i ended up swinging by the health foods section and buying a whole box of granola cereal and soy milk to go with it... because i figured it'd be guilt-free compared to the frosties i usually prefer. hahahaha. as usual, i ended up going over budget. see, even simple grocery errands for me turn into opportunities for the shopaholic in me to burn a hole through my pocket. :P

Actually, the damage yesterday was ...slight ;) There is no saying how much the damage will be this weekend... because Banana Republic has just gone on clearance mode too. :cry:

Yun nga lang... after VS I went and pick up my sister's prescription. As it wasnt ready yet, I ended up browsing around the grocery section of the pharmacy and walked off with Orange Juice (an essential) and Orange-Banana-Strawberry Juice (a non essential)... What can I say? :hypocritesmiley:

welcome, mr. masi. do explain why black nike golf balls would be more desirable than your normal white ones. :P or, just like us shopaholics, do you find that "you just had to have it"? :D

well, miss manners for the reason that they are the newest golf balls under the nike one series that came out.. well nike just came out with a newer series known as platinum.. the sad part now is that i have more than 4 dozen golf balls, 3 brand new golf gloves, 2 new caps... and it's the onset of the monsoon season here...well golf balls could keep for 6 months -- a year max.. but my golf skill doesnt hold...

hmmm...then i should not visit the golf shop... i might as well go to the wine shop and get a bottle of cabernet or a shiraz or a pinot, then...

good luck!!!!

banana rep on clearance?!

damn. if i were there, i'd really clear them out. their boho/greek collection is really nice. well, good luck then, miss wyld. check back with us. :)

mr. masi, hhmmm. i suggest you buy wine instead. :P

mr. mercury, welcome! :)

and today, just on a whim, i bought three dozens of gonuts donuts for people at the office. sigh. :lol:

@ missmanners... i know. BR on clearance is like mortal sin waiting to happen. i did get a skirt from BR last week - it used to be 158dollars... it got marked down to 58... and when i finally gave in and got it, it was down to 20... and with my friend's discount...i think i got it for around 15 plus tax... :wub:

i will TRY to resist this weekend... but ... i dont know. i really dont know. :D

@ masi ... yes i agree wine is the better buy here... i mean... what will you do with all those balls? :huh: :D

@ rabibie ... wow interesting shoes :) i love shoes.

nope. i hate shopping, specially window shopping.

when i need something, i go to the shop specifically carrying that product, get it and go back.

what did i buy last? hmmm. last weekend, i bought a 120 ML bottle of Emporio Armani Black cologne at Rustans Alabang.

oh, and if i may add. thank God for Internet shopping.

shopping addict.... hmmmm ... somehow.....but I make sure that I get to pay my bills....

last thing I bought...... shoes(yellow and black leather shoes with rubber soles)

oh good, mr. rabibie! one should never let his shopping addiction rule his life. (i should tell that to me.) :P

@ missmanners... i know. BR on clearance is like mortal sin waiting to happen. i did get a skirt from BR last week - it used to be 158dollars... it got marked down to 58... and when i finally gave in and got it, it was down to 20... and with my friend's discount...i think i got it for around 15 plus tax... :wub:

i will TRY to resist this weekend... but ... i dont know. i really dont know. :D

go for it, girl. ;) i would!!!

Bought some stuff at SoGo yesterday- Basketball shorts, 2 bball tanks, and a new pair of running shoes.

remind me, mr. strangedays, what and where is sogo? :) btw, if you want running shoes, check out that place near club 650 libis.

i just did! quite  frankly, a spanish pinot noir at Barcino Gourmet, City Golf Plaza, Pasig....

oh, during your wine eb that i missed yet AGAIN?? sigh. wish i could buy me a bottle myself. except that this dang south beach diet won't allow me more than a glass or two per week. :(

nope. i hate shopping, specially window shopping.

when i need something, i go to the shop specifically carrying that product, get it and go back.

what did i buy last? hmmm. last weekend, i bought a 120 ML bottle of Emporio Armani Black cologne at Rustans Alabang.

oh, and if i may add. thank God for Internet shopping.

ah, mr. google. to each his own, i suppose. i haven't smelled that emporio armani scent. although on men, i really like the hugo boss perfumes. that and soap. :)

window shopping muna then pag may nagustuhan bili na.....

good tactic, mr. mulder. :)

and not to be OT: i'm proud to say i haven't bought anything these past two days. :)

remind me, mr. strangedays, what and where is sogo?  btw, if you want running shoes, check out that place near club 650 libis.

Thanks for the tip Miss Manners, I will surely check that place out when I get back there sometime next year. As for Sogo, it's a japanese department store here in HK where I usually go to look for nike stuff that is either hard to find or not available at the usual marathon/giga sport shop.

Got carried away again today... bought a couple of G-Unit tshirts, a rocawear shirt and vokal pants.

go for it, girl. ;) i would!!!

remind me, mr. strangedays, what and where is sogo? :) btw, if you want running shoes, check out that place near club 650 libis.

and not to be OT: i'm proud to say i haven't bought anything these past two days. :)

i was good. very good.

just ... three pairs of undies @ VS, a cute spaghetti strap top at american eagle outfitters and a silver anklet... :hypocritesmiley:

the undies and the top were on sale... and the anklet was 2 for 20bux and one for 12.99... i charmed the guy into selling one piece to me for 10bux... ;)

SOGO is in HongKong... the one i used to go to is in the Causeway Bay area... i luv those stores...

wowww im impressed. good job missmanners :)

;)

im a shopping addict when it comes to clothes & shoes, i shop roughly twice a week on clothes and can even spend up to $500 dollars a week on clothes.

Also a electrical goods freak too, wether its a new cell phone, games or mp3 player i buy. The other week i bought a new 50" plasma fetchin me $9,000 dollars :blink: but lucky its 12 months to pay :D

oh yeah. that too!!!

i joined up w/ 2 book clubs here .. that way i get to save around 10bux on each book i buy... however i cannot resist goin to barnes & noble and borders just to browse.

last saturday i was so tempted to buy tracy chevalier's latest book... as well as several of neil gaiman's... i resisted.

i just dont know for how long i can resist... :boo:

BOOKS!!!

being the impulsive buyer that i am, i end up buying books never really knowing when i'll have time to read them. and as of last count, i have two office boxes full of books waiting to be leafed through, at least.

i really should rein in this spending habit. i have no more storage space. :P

• 2 weeks later...