Watching Ur Bp

ElPatayo

@lyonhart

When you say pineapple juice, is that the freshly squeezed or the ones that come in cans?

the ones in cans because they are readily available in stores but unsweetened and ung me mga pineapple bits p tlga..like del monte or dole..i buy those 1 liter cans..after opening it, immediately transfer it in a plastic container coz it it is acid..the can will rust..

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup, fiber is bulk-forming... pero it doesnt constipate.... one of the triggers for defecating is stretch...when the colon (yung ating malaking bituka) is stretched to a certain diameter due to the bulk of the stool. yun nga lang, without enough water intake sobrang titigas ang stool mo... you'll feel the urge pero you'll be straining your neck out trying to pass that hard-formed stool... kaya feeling natin "constipated" ang dating.

feeling constipated lang pero ndi constipation...so what does it called?

feeling constipated lang pero ndi constipation...so what does it called?

to use a term loosely, siguro "tenesmus" would be it... pero in a strict sense, its just "straining".

Peace tayo bro

:)

I guess the politically correct term for that would be "unfinished business".....  :lol:  Peace!

Have a great weekend to all of you!

hehehe.... parang "casper" ah!!!

:D

Wahhh!!! Napaka mahal ng Pineapple dito sa lugar ko ngayun, gusto ko ring mag lose ng weights, is there any alternative aside from Pineapple?

FYI, i'm staying now in a country where tropical fruits are really rare kaya medyo mahal siya. Somebody out there please, can suggest some high fiber fruits which can be found in cold countries

I guess the politically correct term for that would be "unfinished business".....  :lol:  Peace!

Have a great weekend to all of you!

Hahahaha... this made me laugh big time! nice one bonjing!

I hope your BP remains stable and you have no "unfinished business" over the weekend!!!

to use a term loosely, siguro "tenesmus" would be it... pero in a strict sense, its just "straining".

Peace tayo bro

:)

hehehe.... parang "casper" ah!!!

:D

Waw... technical... :P

Ako ang tawag ko dun... BITIN! :lol:

Wahhh!!! Napaka mahal ng Pineapple dito sa lugar ko ngayun, gusto ko ring mag lose ng weights, is there any alternative aside from Pineapple?

FYI, i'm staying now in a country where tropical fruits are really rare kaya medyo mahal siya. Somebody out there please, can suggest some high fiber fruits which can be found in cold countries

Naku Mike.... the best way to lose is to combine a sensible diet with the right amount of exercise. Dapat your caloric intake should be offset by the calories you burn in exercise. If your intake is more than the amount you burn, you gain weight....

You really need fruits in your diet so ... make do with what you can find... Just avoid avocados and bananas at first kasi these are high fat fruits.... Tapos eat less red meat and more chicken breast, fish and veggies. Load up on veggies kasi fiber din yan eh....

Drink lots of water (if you can do more than the 8 8 oz glasses all the better)...

I hope this helps... :)

If you are having blood pressures that read >140/90 on more than a few occasions, you should first consult your doctor and have a hypertensive workup. this is mostly made up of blood works, urinalysis, an ECG and chest XRAY. from the results, a probable cause for your hypertension or hypertensive attacks can be surmised. note, however, that most causes of hypertension are multifactorial, with some even showing normal lab results.

Daily magnesium supplements can trigger small but significant decreases in blood pressure. This effect is greater in subjects with higher blood pressure. Supplementation with magnesium for 8 weeks significantly lowered blood pressure. Average blood pressure reductions were small, but noteworthy -- about 2.5 mm/Hg lower in the systolic (first number) reading, and 1.4 mm/Hg lower in the diastolic (second number) reading. Magnesium may help lower blood pressure through its ability to increase the diameter of blood vessels

Omega three fats are essential to your health. You can certainly get them from cod liver oil or fish oil.

Please remember that nearly all fish are contaminated with mercury and should ideally be avoided. You will want to identify a clean source of fish oil.

If you already have significant sun exposure then you should not take cod liver oil as you will run the risk of overdosing on vitamin D.

You should then take fish oil capsules. The standard fish oil capsule is 180 mg of EPA and 120 mg of DHA. You should take approximately one capsule for every ten pounds of body weight, preferably in two divided doses.

So if you weigh 160 pounds you would take 8 capsules twice a day. If you have problems with belching them up, you will want to consider taking them on an empty stomach.

Cod liver oil has the benefit of providing you with vitamin D and A. A reasonable dose for cod liver oil is one teaspoon for every 30-40 pounds of body weight. If you use cod liver oil during your summer you will need to be careful of vitamin D toxicity and I suggest you review the information on vitamin D testing.

When you take fish oil supplements or cod liver oil in the doses I recommend please be sure and take an one vitamin E 400 unit supplement per day as this will help serve to protect the fat from oxidation. This is less of an issue with the cod liver oil as the vitamin D itself is a very potent anti-oxidant.

You will also need extra amounts of the "fourth and unforgotten" oil soluble vitamin, vitamin K. If you are juicing plenty of green vegetables and taking the cod liver oil or fish oil with the juice you should absorb the vitamin K in the vegetable juice. However, if you have osteoporosis or osteopenia, you will want to consider adding an extra 1000 mcg ( 1 mg ) of vitamin K per day.

Generally our diet contains far to much omega 6 fats. Experts looking at the dietary ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids suggest that in early human history the ratio was about 1:1. Currently most Americans eat a dietary ratio that falls between 20:1 and 50:1. The optimal ratio is most likely closer to the original ratio of 1:1. For most of us this means greatly reducing the omega-6 fatty acids we consume and increasing the amount of omega-3 fatty acids.

Please recognize that we get ALL the omega-6 and omega-9 fat we need from food. We do NOT need to take any supplements for these fats. Many of the omega fat supplements you see in health food stores will only serve to worsen your health, not improve it as they contain omega 6 fats which will worsen your omega-6 to omega-3 ratio.

recommend avoiding sunflower, corn, soy, safflower, canola, or products that contain these oils. That is no hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats, no margarine, no vegetable oil, no shortening. These oils are chock full of omega-6 fats and will only worsen your omega 6:omega 3 ratio.

Acceptable oils will be a high quality extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, avocados, and organic butter, or better yet grass-fed organic butter.

Another way to improve your omega 6:3 ratio is to change the type of meat you are eating. You could consume more game meat like venison, or other game animals that are raised exclusively on grass type foods. However, these are hard to find and generally more expensive than beef.

Since nearly all cattle are grain fed before slaughter, if you eat most traditionally raised beef, it will typically worsen you omega 6:omega 3 ratio.

Normally a good ratio for omega 6:3 in fish is 2 or 3 to 1. The lower the better. Grassfed beef from Grassfed Organics is much higher in Omega 3 than fish, with a 6:3 ratio of 0.16 to 1. This information is from a study done at Iowa State University in August 2001.

To get the necessary Omega-3 fatty acids, you should consider eating meat that is allowed to "free-range", or in the case of cattle, to be grass-fed. Unfortunately, you cannot buy this grass-fed beef at your local grocery store.

You must also be careful as many stores will advertise grass-fed beef but it really isn't. They do this as ALL cattle are grass fed, but the key is what they are fed the months prior to being processed.

Most all cattle are shipped to giant feed lots and fed corn to fatten them up. You will need to call the person who actually grew the beef, NOT the store manager, to find out the truth.

The least expensive way to obtain authentic grass fed beef would be to find a farmer who is growing the beef who you can trust and buy a half a side of beef from him. This way you save the shipping and also receive a reduced rate on the meat.

An inexpensive, yet effective way to determine if the meat is really from a grass fed animal is to purchase the ground beef. Slowly cook the beef till done and drain and collect all the fat. Grass fed beef is very high in omega-3 fats and will be relatively thin compared to traditionally prepared ground beef.

It will also be a liquid at room temperature as it has very few saturated fats which are mostly solid at room temperature.

However, most of us live in large urban areas and do not have the time for this process. Just as it would be ideal to have an organic garden and grow your own vegetables, most of us elect not to do that for time or space reasons.

I used to have an organic garden, but my schedule just would not allow me to have that luxury anymore. So, if you are convinced, like I am, that grass-fed beef is better for you and you would like the convenience of being able to order it over the Net

There are food suplement na rich in fiber i just forgot the name of that capsule. maybe you can inquire in drugstore there, it will greatly help you loose your weight and maintain your BP normal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

To lower blood pressure, cut out the salt in food, but do it moderately. Nowadays, sabi nila di ganun kaimportant yun, but if not for the BP, for the rest of your electrolyte balance, eh? Pati na rin sugar, mahalin natin ang natural na lasa ng pagkain. Let the vegetables taste like themseves.

Take it easy on the stimulants... coffee, Extra Joss, Coke.

Have a regular exercise. Not just being a weekend warrior, pero dapat 30-45 minutes a week na honestly dapat medyo nahihirapan ka. What's the use of a program if sobrang dali - na wala kang aasahang improvement? Tsaka dapat ang expextations mo reasonable. You are not exercising just to maintain a low blood pressure.

In addition to that, increase your activity level. Magpakasipag ka sa katawan mo. Lumakas na yan, tumaas na endurance nyan, tapos di mo pa gagamitin?

• 2 months later...

Hypertensive na daw ako sabi ng doctor ko.. I'm taking therabloc 25mg a day.. yung tablet na 50mg hinahati ko sa dalawa paratipid... ever since tinake ko yung meds na yun di na tumaas ang dugo ko.. Regular na din kasi ang workout ko... I go to the gym aside from having my own equipments at home...

• 7 months later...
Let's talk about health.......

Let's talk about living........

Do you keep a tab of your daily blood pressure?

A good bp is one of the signals of a healthy body.

What's your blood pressure reading today?

Let me begin:

March 14: 160/140

March 15: 136/121

Andrew, medyo mataas ata BP mo, normal blood pressure should be 140/90 to 120/80 mm Hg. I still have to check my BP before ganyan din BP ko but I tried dieting and exercise kaya bumama.