• 1 month later...

Supernatural Finale- The Ultimate Swan Song

NO SPOILERS AHEAD.

Like most Supernatural fans all over the world, it’s 15-year run encompass the better part of my adult life. I was in college when it debuted and it was one of the first things I ever “binge-watched” before it was the thing to do. It has been a week since I watched the series finale and I have to say, it was as bittersweet as any ending can get.

As a staunch fan of this series, and the two brothers who were the lifeblood of the show, I was hoping for a slightly different ending. That said, what he current show runners’ treatment of the finale as no less than fitting of the Winchesters’ great journey.

What I liked most about this show is its faithfulness to its roots, which, for better or worse, is the love between Sam and Dean. Many shows have stayed on the air for several seasons often fall prey to veering off too much from their original concept that made them endearing to fans. Supernatural had seasons that were less than stellar- Eherm :unsure: Leviathans and Alphas :rolleyes: - but through all the monsters, gods, angels, and GOD, they remained those two lost boys everyone rooted for and cheered on.

Never has there been a more dysfunctional, co-dependent relationship between brothers than that which exists between Sam and Dean. The constant need to sacrifice oneself to save the other “Every time one of us up the creek one of us is begging to sell their soul”- Dean Winchester, No Rest for the Wicked- This is part of the show’s sinister charm that kept fans like myself on the hook for 15 seasons.

I respect how this show ended, and how the story came full circle. The way these wayward sons carried on was damn near perfect. :)

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The show expertly blends horror, humor, and heart, delivering an unforgettable journey through the paranormal. Anchored by the charismatic chemistry of Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, the series thrives on its unique blend of monster-of-the-week episodes and an overarching mythology. At its core, it's a story about family, sacrifice, and the battle between good and evil, making it a compelling watch for fans of the genre.

• 3 weeks later...