Dear God,

Just a quick note before I sleep, thank you for today. Things aren't normal yet but thank you for that little semblance.

Thank you for my daughters and family. They have been so good to me. Thank you for well meaning friends, they have been so helpful. Thank you for the promise you kept, whichever way this goes now I will always be grateful for this dream you gave me.

Please continue to guide him God, he needs your help.

-L-

Dear God,

Thank you for today. Really really. Gosh I sound like a kid don't I? Well you know that I still am one even if I'm like a third of a century old and have two kids. :lol:

Thanks for the gazillion meetings today that went well. Most especially that last meeting ... thank you for making my client arrive on time and thank you for the bloodless, short meeting!

Thank you for making the lil angel well, the fever is gone although she's still got that funny froggy, croaky voice due to the cough and cold. :lol: Thank you for making me closer to my eldest daughter these past few days. Thank you for making her the way she is, thank you for giving her the resilience and understanding needed having a mom like me. She is just so wonderful! Thanks too for making her not feel awkward anymore when I hug her and kiss her lots!

Thank you for friends who stood by me, holding my hand through my darkest hours. Thank you for people who don't really know me from a bar of soap but offered a prayer, a wish, a kind word. Thank you for reminding me how good it is to be alive.

Thank you for guiding him. I don't know what happened in the last 72 hours but whatever it is please continue to guide him.

Please also continue to humble me so I may not forget what it is like to be in need. That I may be able to offer the same kindness I have been shown to those who are hurting.

Thank you for giving me the ability to dream and to keep the dream alive.

-L-

Lord,

Thank you for being with me in every step of this journey; for the affirmations I received from a complete stranger; for the truth in the past; the choice to do otherwise (and that leopards can change its spots); for the infinite optimism, hope, commitment and passion to follow my dreams the source of which is your love for me and everyone on this world I live in. Thank you for kindling my fire and may I burn fiercely in this life I live. Amen.

E

I pray to thank you for the being who you are to me, my father, comforter, deliveres, lifter of my head, refuge in times of trouble, rewarder of faith and friend who will never leave me nor forsake me and walks with me every minute every second of my earthly life. Thank you God for being true and faithful.

Dear God,

A quick note before I tune off to the world. Let me just repeat a lil prayer my angels and I pray each night (from a whole long list of prayers! hehe) .... "God, thank you for today and may tomorrow be a beautiful day like today. Amen."

He hasn't been sleeping too well at nights, I suspect because he is filled with all these "what ifs." Please do continue to guide him God. I want him to be truly happy and if the guidance you give reveals not the road home to me then I will embrace it.

But for now, I will enjoy the excellent weather. Good night God.

p.s. Oh, I would really appreciate it if you could expedite my visa. :)

Dear God,

You know why I am worried tonight. Let's just keep it our secret. I know that whatever you decide to bless us with you also have the right to take back. Please prepare me well for the day you have to take him back. I have never questioned your better judgement God and I will not question you on this one. Just keep me strong, gracious and magnanimous. Please do not make me a jaded or bitter person should my worst nightmare come to fruition. Please continue to let me be the person I am, a lot of people depend on me and you do know that I am doing a good job in fulfilling my role in their lives. I'm doing good God, please allow me to continue doing so.

Thank you for the fresh air I had today with friends, it has been a while since I managed to feel this light. More importantly, thank you very much for that encouragement I needed when I was on the verge of giving up tonight.

I have learned much the past 6 days, please continue to make me see the good things in the face of all hurt and sadness. I know if I pull through this with him there can be nothing that can shake us anymore. It can only but deepen the love and commitment.

So let me end my fan mail to you with the same prayer the girls and I say ... Thank you for today and may tomorrow be a beautiful day like today. Amen.

Edited by Lipstick

Daddy God,

It has been a while since I last wrote to you didnt I? Remember I would write them and send them to you by burning them so that the smoke can reach you? I almost stopped talking to you when I went through years of hell with you-know-who but you have kept me under your care. I never even questioned you when you took the one man that I've loved with all of my heart, my beautiful dad on earth, so soon because I realized that you needed him there with you already.

There was a point in my life that I wished I didnt wake up the following morning too, remember that? That with everything that has happened in my life, I was so sure that it would end quickly for me and soon, if I had done something good somehow.... especially after that breast cancer scare..... but I'm glad im made of sterner stuff and that my Dad taught me well so everytime I wake up and every year that I add to my life, I'm thankful.

Well, I am facing personal fears again and at a time when everything is really going well for me now. You have always taken care of my needs. I have been good and patient in waiting for whatever you supply, right?

Please let this be nothing. Just a burp in my life again. I know that whatever it is, I will never go down without a fight. But spare my friends and loved ones the pain. Especially him. The one man I never thought would arrive.

You have given me this chance and I know I have tried to do all that you need me to do. You will not take it away from me, will you? I have never asked for anything for myself and I am scared to start now. Just give me the strength that I need to face this.

Your child

Heavenly father

My only regret is that I didn't become a Christian sooner.

I didn't have you in my life when I needed you many

years ago.

I wish I had known more about the Bible and had read it.

It could have made a big difference, all the difference.

Now I cultivate my faith by reading Scripture (the Bible)

and praying.

I'm convinced that god is with me 24 - 7

and pray to him this day and every day

and thank him for every thing for i know with out him i am lost

thank you for you're love

for all her problems O God please guide her and Give her the grace to be in you light always. She is a very beautiful person and deserves all your love and care. God grant that she attains the graces that she asks and in her pains and in her grief for the different problems she bears day to day, grant of God that she does not feel so alone. Let her feel your presence amidst all the challenges and difficulties she and her family bears. Every day is a challenge to her faith in you and the faith of her family. Do not let her feel so abandoned, lost and alone. This I ask thru your son OLJC. Amen

dear SOMEONE UP THERE,

more than anything else, thank you!

thank you for making everything possible.

the good, the bad, the planned and the unplanned.

i am praying that u may blessed me with patience.

patience not to get bored.

patience not to asked why things arent the way it should.

allow me to take things easy.

teach me not to rock my trust in you

when things doesnt move the way i planned it.

allow me to totally submit to you.

not to question nor doubt

but to close my eyes when things are shaken

knowing that in the end,

you only have in mind whats best for me.

amen! :heart:

Thank you again! Thank you for the blessings; the fire that burns fiercely within my heart; the stars and half moon in the clear night sky; the chill autumn wind; the affirmations from friends; a warm welcoming home; the learning and growth; the friends; my family; and for being with me in every moment every single step of the way!

Lovingly,

E

for all her problems O God please guide her and Give her the grace to be in you light always. She is a very beautiful person and deserves all your love and care. God grant that she attains the graces that she asks and in her pains and in her grief for the different problems she bears day to day, grant of God that she does not feel so alone. Let her feel your presence amidst all the challenges and difficulties she and her family bears. Every day is a challenge to her faith in you and the faith of her family. Do not let her feel so abandoned, lost and alone. This I ask thru your son OLJC. Amen

Dear God,

I'd like to whisper a prayer to you for whoever he is praying for. A very special prayer for her because she seems to be a very special person. May you grant her days filled with sunshine, a heart overflowing with love so that she may have plenty to share with others. I'm certain many people depend on her too. Please always bless her. I'm willing to give up one happy day meant for me so you can give it to her. :) I'll be okay.

-L-

Dear God,

At last! I've been kinda cranky about not being able to write you my nightly letters due to my pc breakdown and then the board going kaput. Strangely I get the feeling that you get to read them. How ironic isn't it? Of all places, you would read them here on an adult board. :lol:

It hasn't been easy God and yet you always come to my rescue at a time I seem to need it most, at a time when I feel like all has been lost and all I can do is watch how a dream is slowly put to rest. I don't quite know why things happen as they do, they just do. There are days when I can see so clearly and then there are days when everything is shrouded in a veil just like the earth is when gray clouds hover. And through it all I really never asked why .... I just keep on praying that you bless me with the clarity of heart I need.

Yes with each day it seems to get a lil better, baby steps indeed. Please continue to guide me and him as well. If there is anyone who knows just how much I love him it would be you. And knowing this, I pray that you keep him safe always and guide him to the path of his true happiness. He has strayed and he feels a little lost now, please walk with him --- please walk with me as I try to walk beside him. I know this is no guarantee that he would walk back to a place we both know as home. There was a time he carried me when I could walk no more, he carried me despite the fact that he knew I may not return with him. This time please let me be the one, give me the strength, courage and grace. I want to embrace this cross. That's what you taught me God the last couple of years ... you never gave up on me, you don't give up on people you love. And now I am not going to give up on him.

Thank you for my girls, for my family, for my friends from which I draw much of my love and strength from. Thank you for you. Thank you for understanding and making them understand that this is a time he needs me to be strong for him and us.

Oh thank you for that little surprise tonight. :) I really really appreciate it God, it's just what I needed.

I know I'm incoherent already so I'll just meet you back in the conversation we always have right before I surrender to slumber. Thank you for today and may tomorrow be a beautiful day like today.

-L-