Let's Talk About China

I'm in Canada right now and Chinese is the biggest and fastest growing cultural minority here(besides the anglophones). I'm doing this more to enhance my business skills, most likely i'll be dealing with Chinese people. besides China is fast becoming an economic superpower, so learning its language I believe is a must. Even my instructor who is white wants to learn chinese. Actually the school where I'm attending right now is offering Mandarin. Thanks for the help. :cool:

yep, that was wat my Canadian Classmate had in mind, he's a lawyer and his clients are Overseas Chinese living in Canada, he figured if he didnt learn mandarin, sooner or later someone wud take away his clients hehe

pasingit po ha...ill try to add guangzhou, dongguan and shenzhen...these cities are now being fascinating. Becoming more progressive and more advance than manila. there are subways and trains already in shenzhen and guangzhou. buildings are now taller in these cities; made already of glass and steel, not like bricks way back 10 yrs ago.

Tips:

buying goods like shirts, watches, wallets and accessories Lo Wu in shen zhen would be the place to shop. although not the original product, you could buy a class A imitation for a very reasonable price. If you are buying the original one, try to shop at the licensed outlet, but still cheaper compared to HK.

in guangzhou there are universities also that offers mandarin courses. it is advisable to know this langugae as it is China's national language.

and in dongguan, (where im currently staying) there are already cozy bars and resto, i mean night life is becoming alive here..bars and resto to be named: rhine castle, black cat, china groove, hollywood baby and soon to open...gecko!

hope this contribution would be helpful if you plan to travel here in southern china....

lots of triads especially in shenzhen, yung mga petty criminals eh pag nahuli minsan on the spot na tinutuluyan, laki kasi ng population eh, justice communist style hehe

read muna bago mag reply, i am reacting to jiggers hornys post wherein he is comparing his local salary to the salary of his foreign counterpart in China which is 300USD

compare to HK and Singapore mababa yun mas mahal pa din kasi ang cost of living dun, pero 23yrs old lang yung friend ko for a 24yrs old malaki na yun compare sa kinikita nya dito manila, r u earning more than her? if u are den gud for u, if u are not then u get my point

again mababa pa rin yung strating salary ng friend mo ...take note your comparing a 300USD salary of Chinese, it means locally hired sya pero kung from other country to work in China it might be more than that depende sa nature ng trabaho...

Job salary in Shanghai compared to other City in China hindi pa rin nagkakalayo...I'm working in Dongguan right now...I can tell you the salary you mentioned is way too low compared to salary that our company gives to Filipno... tapos HP pa multinational company...then yung cost of living sa Shanghai mas mataas sa Dongguan that means yung net income mas malaki kung nasa other province ka ng China...

It all boils down to nature ng trabaho, job position and Financial capability ng Company

So why not try Singapore you can get atleast 15KRMB for an Engr level I dont know sa ibang field.

again mababa pa rin yung strating salary ng friend mo ...take note your comparing a 300USD salary of Chinese, it means locally hired sya pero kung from other country to work in China it might be more than that depende sa nature ng trabaho...

Job salary in Shanghai compared to other City in China hindi pa rin nagkakalayo...I'm working in Dongguan right now...I can tell you the salary you mentioned is way too low compared to salary that our company gives to Filipno... tapos HP pa multinational company...then yung cost of living sa Shanghai mas mataas sa Dongguan that means yung net income mas malaki kung nasa other province ka ng China...

It all boils down to nature ng trabaho, job position and Financial capability ng Company

So why not try Singapore you can get atleast 15KRMB for an Engr level I dont know sa ibang field.

wrong agen, wen i say locally ang kinocompare ko ay salary in manila (locally) and in shanghai, salary ng isang nag trtrabaho sa HP sa Pinas n HP sa shanghai, ndi kasali ang ibang region, back read ka nalang muna bago ka humirit specifically yung post ni jigger horny

magkanu ba sweldo mo sa dongguan? ipagmalaki mo naman samin para mapatunayan na maliit nga yung 11kRMB nakinikita ng friend ko, oo nga mababa yan compared sa singapore at hong kong eh ang problema kaya sinabi kong mataas dahil ang comparison eh manila at shanghai

Edited by Aldrich_Baccarat
I like to work in China but the problem is the low rate salary there .. coz everybody knows the law of supply and demand ...

most of my chinese counterpart receives only around $300 per month ... but if there will be an offer .. then why not ...

it dependes wat part of china, if itsbeijing or shanghai mataas ang pay, lalo na pag highly skilled, my friend use to work for accentur, phil, den nag apply sya sa HP, shanghai her starting pay was 11k RMB + 2k RMB allowance (multiply mo by 8 para convert to peso) lalo na sa shanghai sobrang mahal ng bilihin compared dito, ang movie is 100 RMB or 800pesos, ang drink sa bar ay 50 RMB n up.. i know cos i studied der hehehe

wrong agen, wen i say locally ang kinocompare ko ay salary in manila (locally) and in shanghai, salary ng isang nag trtrabaho sa HP sa Pinas n HP sa shanghai, ndi kasali ang ibang region, back read ka nalang muna bago ka humirit specifically yung post ni jigger horny

magkanu ba sweldo mo sa dongguan? ipagmalaki mo naman samin para mapatunayan na maliit nga yung 11kRMB nakinikita ng friend ko, oo nga mababa yan compared sa singapore at hong kong eh ang problema kaya sinabi kong mataas dahil ang comparison eh manila at shanghai

I'm not reacting to Jigger horny's post but to your post instead...salary in Phil compared to sa ibans bansa given na yon most of the countries around the world mas mataas ang pay kesa sa Pinas.

May reaction was to your statement saying that 'it dependes wat part of china, if its beijing or shanghai mataas ang pay".

makakakuha pa yung friend mo ng mas mataas don...

If your asking for my salary... di ko na kailangan patunayan...you can check JODSDB.com nandun yung salary trend...

yung mga old people i think wala masyadong manners n etiquette, yung tipong sisingitan ka sa pila, agawan ka ng pwesto, pero yung mga younger generation ok na, deyr starting to learn good manners n proper etiquette :)

hi, wat part of shanghai ka nag stay??? i think medyo expensive ang prices in shanghai compared here in manila, especially imported goods

well... that you have to face when you are in china. we people think that they lack manners and etiquette. they don't mean to harm you but that is how they were brought up.......no sense of sensitivity...coz most of them... if not all...were born and raised as single child..so individualistic ang thinking...this is mine....i should be the first... things like that.. :) even the new generation..but some are slowly being educated coz of the intent of China to really open to the world and for the fact that foreign visitors and investments are coming in.

i agree with aldrich its true last month ago we went to china prticularly shanghai and beijing. it was about my turn sa c.r ng bgla siningitan ako ng isang old lady hahah unexpected kasi sa pinas wala naman ganunan kht na matanda na atleast mag excuse man lng right? anyways inisip ko nlng maybe ihingihi na sya. o well... iv been to xiamen and some province part of china i might say shanghai n beijing is the most beautiful n modern part of china. the roads, builing, houses even they way people dress. its a bz airport too... plenty tourist and businessman going in and out like mga germans, americans yun iba ang gagaling mag mandarin hay.... grabe nakakahya mas mgaling pa sila sakin.

regarding the thread : LABOR COST is much cheaper kasi sa china compare in the phil. kaya ang daming mga factory dun. OIShi co. is also in shanghai i think.

i can relate... i had experience last June in Pudong, Shanghai...I was on my way to CARREFOUR to buy stuff for the appartment of my friend...darn this old lady who was also crossing the street...she pushed me literally pushed me with an umbrella pa ah....darn talaga... she didnt apologize ha... ganun din sa subway...as in...they will just push you .. they will not care if you are a lady or a guy...all they know is they have to move and get in.... that is part of how they were brought up eh..part of culture...

i can say .. if you want architectural things... go to Shanghai.. the best in modern architecture next is Beijing... but if you want natural scenery preserved over centuries..go to SuZhou and Hangzhou...the best... :)

I'm not reacting to Jigger horny's post but to your post instead...salary in Phil compared to sa ibans bansa given na yon most of the countries around the world mas mataas ang pay kesa sa Pinas.

May reaction was to your statement saying that 'it dependes wat part of china, if its beijing or shanghai mataas ang pay".

makakakuha pa yung friend mo ng mas mataas don...

If your asking for my salary... di ko na kailangan patunayan...you can check JODSDB.com nandun yung salary trend...

my post was based on jigger hornys post, sinasabi ko sa kanya na ndi mas mababa ang salary ng local counterpart nya at depende sa trabaho yun, kaya ko nilagay yung 11k RMB para patunayan sa kanya na mas malaki ang sweldo sa shanghai compared sa pinas. oo ur reacting to my post pero ndi mo binasa ng mabuti na my post was a reaction on jiggers honry's post kaya ganun ang labas

w/ regards to salary in other part of shanghai, possible mas mababa ang sweldo ng friend ko sa ibang pinoy dyan sa dongguan, pero ndi ako naniniwala na majority ng nasa dongguan eh mas mataas ang sahod sa shanghai... eh anu ba ang meron dyan sa dongguan at mas mataas ang sahod compare sa shanghai, shanghai ang financial district ng China, common sense lang dahil mas mataas ang cost of living sa shanghai eh dapat mas mataas ang salary ng mga tao dyan, ang salary ng tao eh base ng mga multinational company sa cost of living ng isang lugar, kaya taon taon may survey silang ginagawa sa world's cosliest city, at pag sinabi kong mataas am talking of the gross amount

kung ayaw mong patunayan hwag mong patunayan, hwag mo nalang din paki alaman post ko dahil wala akong paki at oras mag chek sa jobsdb.com

my post was based on jigger hornys post, sinasabi ko sa kanya na ndi mas mababa ang salary ng local counterpart nya at depende sa trabaho yun, kaya ko nilagay yung 11k RMB para patunayan sa kanya na mas malaki ang sweldo sa shanghai compared sa pinas. oo ur reacting to my post pero ndi mo binasa ng mabuti na my post was a reaction on jiggers honry's post kaya ganun ang labas

w/ regards to salary in other part of shanghai, possible mas mababa ang sweldo ng friend ko sa ibang pinoy dyan sa dongguan, pero ndi ako naniniwala na majority ng nasa dongguan eh mas mataas ang sahod sa shanghai... eh anu ba ang meron dyan sa dongguan at mas mataas ang sahod compare sa shanghai, shanghai ang financial district ng China, common sense lang dahil mas mataas ang cost of living sa shanghai eh dapat mas mataas ang salary ng mga tao dyan, ang salary ng tao eh base ng mga multinational company sa cost of living ng isang lugar, kaya taon taon may survey silang ginagawa sa world's cosliest city, at pag sinabi kong mataas am talking of the gross amount

kung ayaw mong patunayan hwag mong patunayan, hwag mo nalang din paki alaman post ko dahil wala akong paki at oras mag chek sa jobsdb.com

relaks ka lang bro wag ka masyado mainit... this is a forum right? lahat tayo pwedeng magbigay ng opinion maaring magree or you may not...pero pigilan mo ang tao na wag magreact sa post mo...I dont think its right...

Given the fact that you are reacting to others post you should accept that somebody will do the same, positve man or negative...kung ayaw mo na may magreact sa post mo, you should be the one to stop posting...

Now going back to our discussion

"regards to salary in other part of shanghai, possible mas mababa ang sweldo ng friend ko sa ibang pinoy dyan sa dongguan, pero ndi ako naniniwala na majority ng nasa dongguan eh mas mataas ang sahod sa shanghai"

di ko naman sinabi na lahat ng pinoy or majority ng pinoy sa Dongguan mas mataas ang sahod sa Shanghai...ang sinabi ko is mababa ang 11K basic + 2K Allowance...

relaks ka lang bro wag ka masyado mainit... this is a forum right? lahat tayo pwedeng magbigay ng opinion maaring magree or you may not...pero pigilan mo ang tao na wag magreact sa post mo...I dont think its right...

Given the fact that you are reacting to others post you should accept that somebody will do the same, positve man or negative...kung ayaw mo na may magreact sa post mo, you should be the one to stop posting...

look whose talking, alam mo palang forum to pag tinanong ka sumagot ka, kung ayaw mo sabihin mo, ndi yung papahanap mo pa sa jobsdb, piliosopong tasyo ka ba?? problema ndi positive or negative ang post mo eh, yung post mo humirit ka nalang ng basta basta at ndi mo inintindi ang post ko, wala akong pake kung mag post ng negative ang mga tao sa post ko basta asa lugar, ndi lang naman ikaw ang unang nag reply or react sa post ko dito, relaks ka din

Now going back to our discussion

"regards to salary in other part of shanghai, possible mas mababa ang sweldo ng friend ko sa ibang pinoy dyan sa dongguan, pero ndi ako naniniwala na majority ng nasa dongguan eh mas mataas ang sahod sa shanghai"

di ko naman sinabi na lahat ng pinoy or majority ng pinoy sa Dongguan mas mataas ang sahod sa Shanghai...ang sinabi ko is mababa ang 11K basic + 2K Allowance...

now going back to the discussion

eh anu ang mataas? cge nga, sweldo mo ayaw mo sabihin

eto ang post ko gawin kong simple para maintindihan mo

manila salary compared to shanghai salary mas mataas sa shanghai

salary in other provinces in China compared to shanghai mas mataas sa shanghai

labas sa usapan ang Singapore na pinagpipilitan mo at Hong Kong dahil mainland china lang ang usapan, ine example ko lang ang 11+2k para patunayin na mas mataas ang swledo ng shanghai compared manila, at ndi para ipagmalaki na mataas na ang 11+2kRMB in world standard, naintindihan mo na?

look whose talking, alam mo palang forum to pag tinanong ka sumagot ka, kung ayaw mo sabihin mo, ndi yung papahanap mo pa sa jobsdb, piliosopong tasyo ka ba?? problema ndi positive or negative ang post mo eh, yung post mo humirit ka nalang ng basta basta at ndi mo inintindi ang post ko, wala akong pake kung mag post ng negative ang mga tao sa post ko basta asa lugar, ndi lang naman ikaw ang unang nag reply or react sa post ko dito, relaks ka din

now going back to the discussion

eh anu ang mataas? cge nga, sweldo mo ayaw mo sabihin

eto ang post ko gawin kong simple para maintindihan mo

manila salary compared to shanghai salary mas mataas sa shanghai

salary in other provinces in China compared to shanghai mas mataas sa shanghai

labas sa usapan ang Singapore na pinagpipilitan mo at Hong Kong dahil mainland china lang ang usapan, ine example ko lang ang 11+2k para patunayin na mas mataas ang swledo ng shanghai compared manila, at ndi para ipagmalaki na mataas na ang 11+2kRMB in world standard, naintindihan mo na?

yung post mo ang di mo iniintindi...kahit di mo sabihin sweldo ng frend mo...obviously mataas talaga sweldo sa abroad...if you will read back jiggerhorny's post nagmentioned sya ng chinese counterpart nya sa China 300USD dollar lang sweldo kaya sabi nya mababa yun para mag work abroad yun yung comparison...not yung sweldo nya sa pinas...kasi nga mababatalag ang sweldo sa Pinas...

I assumed gets mo yung post nya...di naman pala kasi you keep on comparing salary in Manila than in Shanghai which everybody knows na mas mataas talaga salary abroad kaya nga marami pinoy abroad eh... gets mo?

"salary in other provinces in China compared to shanghai mas mataas sa shanghai"

Sigurado ka ba dyan? baka naman yang statement mo mo is based lang sa salary ng frend mo or yung circumstancial evidence na standard of living...my advice to you is don't make a general statement kung di ka sure...

OK para matahimik ka... I'm saying 11K + 2K allowance is mababa... kung eager ka malaman sweldo ko, sasabihin ko na salary ko para matahimik sa ka at para patunayan sayo mali yung statement mo mas mataas ang sweldo sa Shanghai than in other province in China.:D :D :D just to give you hint ang allowance namin dito 3850RMB, plus free housing, including water, electrical, internet bill and food 24/7 compared to your friend's allowance na 2K only. Ang salary ko 22KRMB compared to your friends 11K tapos engr level lang po ako... do you think may company sa shanghai na magbibigay nyan?considering na may mga pinoy na kahit below 15kRMB tanggap na nila ...alin ngayon ang mas mataas DG or Shanghai? as I have told you case to case basis yan, so don't make general statement my friend...oh baka ITR ko na sususnod mo hihingiin just to convince you...

Meron case na mataas ang salary sa Shanghai at meron din hindi kaya bottomline mali yung statemnt mo na mataas ang salary sa Shanghai compared to other province in China...

I mentioned Singapore and HK kasi instead of going to China pwede pa sa ibang country na lang sya pumunta wag na sya China kung ang offer din lang is 300USD or 11k+ 2K allowance siguro kung ikaw grab mo na yon kasi 13K RMB salary is mataas na para sayo...

this will be my last reply sa post mo...baka sa sususnod off topic na ako sa thread...to all the regulars here sensya na po...

yung post mo ang di mo iniintindi...kahit di mo sabihin sweldo ng frend mo...obviously mataas talaga sweldo sa abroad...if you will read back jiggerhorny's post nagmentioned sya ng chinese counterpart nya sa China 300USD dollar lang sweldo kaya sabi nya mababa yun para mag work abroad yun yung comparison...not yung sweldo nya sa pinas...kasi nga mababatalag ang sweldo sa Pinas...

I assumed gets mo yung post nya...di naman pala kasi you keep on comparing salary in Manila than in Shanghai which everybody knows na mas mataas talaga salary abroad kaya nga marami pinoy abroad eh... gets mo?

teka lang asan ba si jigger horny?? kung asa pinas sya eh di tama ako, kasi sabi nya local counterrpart in China, meaning kinokompare nya salary nya sa manila n china

"salary in other provinces in China compared to shanghai mas mataas sa shanghai"

Sigurado ka ba dyan? baka naman yang statement mo mo is based lang sa salary ng frend mo or yung circumstancial evidence na standard of living...my advice to you is don't make a general statement kung di ka sure...

mag bigay ka ng data na mababa ang sahod ng shanghai compared sa other province, dahil ang shanghai according to data by CNN eh nasa top 100 most costliest city in the world n dyan bine base ng multi nationals sweldo ng mga expats nila, ang dongguan mo ndi man lang na banggit, mag bigay ka ng data ndi yung sasabihin mo na last post ka na, ganyan gawain ng mga barado hehehe :evil: :evil: :evil:

OK para matahimik ka... I'm saying 11K + 2K allowance is mababa... kung eager ka malaman sweldo ko, sasabihin ko na salary ko para matahimik sa ka at para patunayan sayo mali yung statement mo mas mataas ang sweldo sa Shanghai than in other province in China.:D :D :D just to give you hint ang allowance namin dito 3850RMB, plus free housing, including water, electrical, internet bill and food 24/7 compared to your friend's allowance na 2K only. Ang salary ko 22KRMB compared to your friends 11K tapos engr level lang po ako... do you think may company sa shanghai na magbibigay nyan?considering na may mga pinoy na kahit below 15kRMB tanggap na nila ...alin ngayon ang mas mataas DG or Shanghai? as I have told you case to case basis yan, so don't make general statement my friend...oh baka ITR ko na sususnod mo hihingiin just to convince you...

Meron case na mataas ang salary sa Shanghai at meron din hindi kaya bottomline mali yung statemnt mo na mataas ang salary sa Shanghai compared to other province in China...

yun naman pala eh engineer ka bago maging engineer may licensure exam yung kaibigan ko wala ng kailangan i pass na exam, so kung ndi ba naman mahina ang utak mo i cocompare mo ang engineer na sahod sa ndi engineer na sahod eh di malamang mas mataas nga sau :evil: :evil: :evil:

eh yung mga nag tuturo lang english sa shanghai eh higit na mas malaki ang kinikita sa mga nagtuturo ng ingles sa ibang parts ng china, yan ang pantay na comparison parehong english teacher

case to case basis, yang ang exception to the rule, pero in general mas mataas in shanghai

ako 15k rmb?? tanggap na? hahahaha kahit triplehin mo pa sahod mo ndi ko tatanggapin yan boy hehehe, ndi ko kailangan umalis ng bansa para guminhawa buhay ko, pero ndi na ako mag yayabang sau kasi obvious naman isa kang hambog na gus2 lang magyabang dito dahil nakuha mong i compare ang salary ng engineer sa ndi engineer, n FYI lang sau ndi ako engineer n i was offered a job in shanghai 30KRMB plus plus, anu gus2 mo ifax ko pa sau yung offer sheet n beenfits ko? bka malungkot ka lalo dyan, mag papasko ka nanaman ng mag isa hehehe, ndi bale pwede naman kau mag phone sex ni mrs ehehe

I mentioned Singapore and HK kasi instead of going to China pwede pa sa ibang country na lang sya pumunta wag na sya China kung ang offer din lang is 300USD or 11k+ 2K allowance siguro kung ikaw grab mo na yon kasi 13K RMB salary is mataas na para sayo...

this will be my last reply sa post mo...baka sa sususnod off topic na ako sa thread...to all the regulars here sensya na po...

off topic ka nga, gus2 mo gawa ka ng thread ng HK or singapore at dun ka mag post, sa mga regulars pag pasensyahan nyo na to, nalulungkot lang sa dongguan at gus2 lang maglabas ng ere dito, pasensyahan nyo nalang din ako at pinatulan ko hehehe :evil:

Edited by Aldrich_Baccarat
  • 3 weeks later...

hi guys i have a trip to hongkong this weekend and we will be going to shenzen from there.... may i ask what are the shopping opportunities in shenzen... should i save my money while in hongkong and splurge in shenzen?

i plan to buy a pda for my wife and gameboy and tamagotchi for my kids? meron ba sa shenzen or ill just buy in hongkong?

thanks.. hope to hear from you guys before i go...

god bless :)

Planning of going on vacation to Macau next year... any infos/ tips will be appreciated

cheers

Hi Lite. That is nice..you'll see the beauty of Macau plus you are one of the first to witness how they are transforming Macau to be the Las Vegas of Asia. Anyhow, info is bring lots of money hehehe... if you have much days to spare try to plan of going to Shanghai from Macau. Yun nga lang you have to be the "backpacker" type of traveler. It would be a nice experience and cheaper way to see Shanghai from Macau via train. It might take a bit longer to travel from Macau to Shanghai but it'll be a good opportunity to see the culture of China. China has lots of beautiful scenery showing the richness of the culture. :)

I have been to Shenzen, Shanghai, Beijing and hongkong. The best place to be for sight seeing would be of course Beijing, because it's where most of their famous landmarks are located. For shopping I would have to say Shanghai, way better than hongkong in my opinion.

I have to agree that shopping is the best so far in Shanghai. You just have to huggle well. Your initial huggle should be down by 75-80 percent. as for sight seeing..hmm i have to disagree a bit. It depends on what type of "scenery" you want to see. Beijing currently is good for modern things like Shanghai. Sad thing is that Beijing is focused on modernization that's why the cultural heritage of Beijing is in a lot of risk because of the high rise structures that is sprouting like mushrooms... like Shanghai. But if you want to see the cultural heritage .. see how they've preserve the culture and nature from centuries ago.. find the time to go to SuZhou (bit to the south of Shanghai), Hangzhou (northside of Shanghai). If you have spare time pa.. go to the famous Three Gorges in Dam in Yangtze river..which in due time will just be a part of history of China coz the world's biggest hydroelectric dam. Imagine they will convert this beautiful gorge into a hydroelectric dam to support their industrial growth. The three gorges are connected by Yangtze River which covers 3 provinces of China. haay..sayang. I believe there are travel agencies in China offering tours. This is one place i am targetting to see in my next trip. I've been to SuZhou.. in SuZhou go to the Silk Factory and buy the silk quilt. Go to the Tongli Town (water village) as well but let me warn you..a lot 1 day for the water village tour. In Hangzhou, a lot 2 days here to see the beautiful scenery. There are a lot of museums to see. Don't forget to stop by the six pagodas, the solitary hill, and not to miss the beauty and solitude of West Lake. In Hangzhou, you'll see huge centuries old trees with humongous roots and sculptures directly engraved from big stones. One experience I'll never forget. Will try to post some pictures next time which I took during my visit.

hi guys i have a trip to hongkong this weekend and we will be going to shenzen from there.... may i ask what are the shopping opportunities in shenzen... should i save my money while in hongkong and splurge in shenzen?

i plan to buy a pda for my wife and gameboy and tamagotchi for my kids? meron ba sa shenzen or ill just buy in hongkong?

thanks.. hope to hear from you guys before i go...

god bless :)

I've been to Shenzhen once...and it is one province of China which is not so nice to be in. :( All I can say... take a little more care when you are here. I have a friend whose bag was slashed taking her wallet and passport in a snap. Sorrounding is not that good compared to Shanghai, SuZhou, Hangzhou and Beijing. I believe electronics in HongKong are expensive..I am not sure in Shenzhen. If you want the branded electronics, Singapore I think is still the best. But if you want the ones which are not branded...Shanghai is the best. Was able to get my MP4 at 1,500 pesos. Next will have my friend in Shanghai purchase me a portable dvd player with 360 degree rotating lcd for 5,000 pesos. I saw the same portable dvd player in 168 in Divisoria which costs 9k. uaaahh!! Shanghai is the place to be. :P

• 4 months later...
hi guys,im just new here in guangzhou,china. meron bang mgandang tourist spot here? :)

tnx!

hi Sha - what i can suggest is you go visit the parks and the historical temples. These are very well preserved in China and you'll see the culture and how creative China is. If you are able to settle well already, find the time to visit other provinces via train. Try going North to Hangzhou, Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. I believe you can visit these places via train.

• 2 weeks later...
hi Sha - what i can suggest is you go visit the parks and the historical temples. These are very well preserved in China and you'll see the culture and how creative China is. If you are able to settle well already, find the time to visit other provinces via train. Try going North to Hangzhou, Shanghai, Nanjing and Suzhou. I believe you can visit these places via train.

thnks for the info ms.hvygatin cutie! by the way are u always stay hir in china?.

hav a gud day. :)

Edited by sha79
  • 4 weeks later...