What Is The Best Filipino Dish For You?

400 years of Spanish rule changed so much and we just adopted.

Up to now we still the Spanish name of these foods that we eat everyday

Arroz Caldo = "Arroz=rice", caldo=soup

Pan de Sal (Pan = spansh word for bread)

O.T.

Mix mix, indeed even our language is .....

Super O.T.

Do you know that our contry PHILLIPINES cam from a King Philippe in Spain/Portugal (not sure of country)

err OK sorry never knew mechado was a spanish dish since no one really told me when i was a little boy till now in australia...oh well learn something new everyday, now i can tell all the other pinoys here hahah care to tell what other dishes are "not" ours? also isnt our foods a mixed of everything from spanish to southeast asia to native??

400 years of Spanish rule changed so much and we just adopted.

Up to now we still the Spanish name of these foods that we eat everyday

Arroz Caldo = "Arroz=rice", caldo=soup

Pan de Sal (Pan = spansh word for bread)

O.T.

Mix mix, indeed even our language is .....

Super O.T.

Do you know that our contry PHILLIPINES cam from a King Philippe in Spain/Portugal (not sure of country)

yea your right on that coz;

The strongest culinary influence is from Spain which ruled the Philippines for almost 400 years. Food historians claim that 80 per cent of Philippine dishes are of Spanish origin. Filipinos were also Spanish-inspired. Thus many of the party and fiesta dishes and those served for special occasions bear names like relleno, morcon, paella, callos, embutido, caldereta, etc.

but could you say it is our dish even though with a spanish name or origin? hence most cooks books, wikipedia even and websites refer to mechado as a filipino dish? and like you say we just adopted it and maybe changed it to our way of cooking?

your super O.T.

Philippines not PhiLLipines...the name originated from Ruy López de Villalobos after naming Samar & Leyte islands Las Islas Filipinas in the honour of crown Prince Philip II of Spain

besides mechado i guess is Adobo...

The Internet was establish only around 1970's, Wikipedia was likely establish after that .....

Mechar - spanish word "to Stuff"

Spanish dishes were mostly alligned to use tomato sauce and tomato paste for ingredients.

Mechado uses tomato sauce .......

Asian's signature ingredient is the SOY SAUCE and most likely the Adobo is derived from Chinese dishes (may not be so Filipino after all)!

luol_deng O.T. ka i suggest choose another dish that is FILIPINO

but could you say it is our dish even though with a spanish name or origin? hence most cooks books, wikipedia even and websites refer to mechado as a filipino dish? and like you say we just adopted it and maybe changed it to our way of cooking?

besides mechado i guess is Adobo...

Edited by lomex32
Ay Sus.  It has to be tuyo, with kamatis and sinangag, with beer on the side.  But I became a vegetarian in 1993.  Sadly, I haven't found a great Filipino vegetarian dish since.

Pareng JT

Masarap yung mga steamed vegetables like okra, talbos ng camote, sigarilyas, ampalaya, sitaw, talong tapos sawsawan ay burong dalag (kaya lang may isda) o kaya'y bagoong balayan with siling labuyo and sukang paombong. Well if you're a strict vegetarian pwede ring isawsaw sa burong mustasa with sea salt. Kung gaya kong anything goes samahan ng iba't ibang inihaw like pusit, dalag, pla-pla, baboy, hito, tuna, bangus, etc. :thumbsupsmiley:

Pinoy dish?

SISIG!

Yeps.

Thai-Malay uses coconut ingredients for their dishes.

Dog meat is openly sold in Thailand.

In PH it is banned.

Filipinos are decendanst of the Malay race.

Though some UP Anthropology may not agree.

Malay words:

sakit, anak, bangon, payong, gunting, nasi, atas <--- most of us know what this mean. dont we?

Kahit na siguro mga food natin before the spaniard came eh pwedeng sabihin na malay food naman yun.  :lol:  Inihaw na aso ba?  :cry:

Guest buru_tus
Yeps.

Thai-Malay uses coconut ingredients for their dishes.

Dog meat is openly sold in Thailand.

In PH it is banned.

Filipinos are decendanst of the Malay race.

Though some UP Anthropology may not agree.

Malay words:

sakit, anak, bangon, payong, gunting, nasi, atas <--- most of us know what this mean. dont we?

some Filipinos, this is what the UP Anthropology Dept's arguement

we have indian, arab, chinese, japanese, caucasians lineage

we derived most of our spoken words from Hindi, Bahasa, Malay and Spanish

Kapampangan is 25% bahasa