48 replies to this topic

#41 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3784 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:12 PM

Kung makapag comment ang karamihan dito parang alam na alam nila ang U.S. immigration laws at statutes.

Isip ipis talaga ang karamihan sa mga pilipino, dada sila ng dada di naman nila alam ang tunay na resa-resa ng nangyari at mga nangyayari dito sa Estados Unidos.

at hindi sya illegal alien, sya ay isang undocumented immigrant, ang terminong "illegal alien" ay di na ginagamit sa mga pahayag ng gobyerno dahil ito ay di tugma sa tunay na kahulugan ng salita, dahil wala naman sya krimen na ginawa at di naman sya na hatulan ng korte, kaya di sya pwedeng tawagin "illegal alien". Hindi naman krimen ang mabuhay sa Estados Unidos, hindi nga lang pinapayagan ng gobyerno ng Estados Unidos ang manirahan ng walang kaukulan pahintulot galing sa gobyerno, kaya nga dapat may US visa para makapunta sa Estados Unidos. 

Politically correct terms:

Black Americans are now called "African-Americans"

Squatters are now called "informal settlers"

Illegal aliens (aka TNT among Filipinos) are now called "undocumented immigrants"

Even if the Americans don't use the term "illegal aliens" for political correctness, it does not change the context of who the deportees are -- illegal aliens. They are staying illegally and probably are also illegally employed (e.g. using fake SSN).

You keep insisting that illegally staying in the US is not a crime.

An illegal act is anything prohibited by law. A parking violation is illegal but you won't go to jail for it. It's an infraction. Drawing graffiti on a wall is also illegal, it's a misdemeanor. You also won't go to jail for it.  A criminal act is an illegal act that is punishable by jail. 

If you are caught illegally staying in the US, you can be jailed. Now, do you still insist that being an illegal alien is not a crime?

• dungeonbaby likes this

#42 private5star

private5star

Comfortably Numb. . .

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1108 posts
  • Interests:LOVER OF NATURE'S BOUNTY AND BEAUTY

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:42 PM

Politically correct terms:

Black Americans are now called "African-Americans"

Squatters are now called "informal settlers"

Illegal aliens (aka TNT among Filipinos) are now called "undocumented immigrants"

Even if the Americans don't use the term "illegal aliens" for political correctness, it does not change the context of who the deportees are -- illegal aliens. They are staying illegally and probably are also illegally employed (e.g. using fake SSN).

You keep insisting that illegally staying in the US is not a crime.

An illegal act is anything prohibited by law. A parking violation is illegal but you won't go to jail for it. It's an infraction. Drawing graffiti on a wall is also illegal, it's a misdemeanor. You also won't go to jail for it.  A criminal act is an illegal act that is punishable by jail. 

If you are caught illegally staying in the US, you can be jailed. Now, do you still insist that being an illegal alien is not a crime?

Do you understand the american jurispurdence?

Have you studied the american jurisprudence?

#43 JayZip

JayZip

daddy day care.

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12794 posts
  • Interests:Toys. Ages 6-14.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:43 AM

Do you really think those undocumented immigrants are not paying federal and state taxes?

How about the sales taxes they paid every time they purchased goods and other merchandise? Do you think those are not included?

Hell, they even contribute to social security and medicare, using other people or fake SSN,  even though they know they won't benefit from it nor get anything back.

Oh yes they are. But kind of stupid that they are paying for it while they have illegal immigration status here in the US, right? But that's besides the point. I personally would fix my status and live and work here legally before anything else. Not sure what you would do though if you were in that guy's position...

The biggest beneficiary of the taxes you paid are the white old folks, the non-college whites who are unemployed and rely only on their social security or disability check, and not the undocumented immigrants.

I think you got your facts wrong. You live in California but do not know that it is the 2nd state with a non-white majority. So most of your taxes (especially the State) are most probably going to non-whites. And that includes illegal immigrants. How do you feel about that?

I guess you don't know what's really happening in the States because you only watch Fox News and listen to Hannity, O'reilly and Rush Limbaugh.

I do. I live and work here. But I do not get my news from Jimmy Kimmel or Ellen though.

Maybe you should go out sometimes and listen to other people, don't be so selfish.

I do. Not just to you, though.

U.S. immigration is not as simple as you are all thinking.

It's not black & white in its simplicity. Breaking the law and get deported.

There are 11 millions undocumented immigrants in the States, that's 11 million people trying to live a decent life from where they came from.

If the States all of sudden deported all these people, that they have been unsuccessful for the longest time due to the logistics involved - funding, manpower etc., - the economy of the States will suffer tremenduosly.

Of course the Trump administration or any administration wouldn't deport all of them at the same time. You at least got it right that it would cost them billions to do that. However, in Trump's case, he is starting with illegal immigrants with a documented criminal history or/and deportation procedure records. Aren't you happy that these guys are going out first? Or would you rather live with them. Have you heard of Jamiel Shaw? The African-American man whose son was killed by an illegal immigrant with a very rich criminal record (L.A.)? How about Officer Keith Boyer, also killed by an illegal immigrant. You don't have to go far from where you live, man. All of this happened like 20-30 miles away from you.

Oh and did you know that Califonia's Senate is about to pass a bill to make it a Sanctuary State? How do you feel about that?

Who will work the things the white americans do not want to do. Who will take all the trashes, take care of all their gardens, fix and clean all their houses and built all the new houses they all want to live in? Who will pick all the fruits and vegetables that the States produce? Who will take care of the old white racist folks lying on their beds?

U.S. Citizens or workers with legal status in the US.

You got no idea how valuable all these people are!!!!

Yes they are, nobody said they aren't. And if they are valuable enough, people who hire them will help in giving them legal status to live and work here in the US which is not entirely the government's job.

And think about all the human sufferings that this will entail. Separation of a lot of families. Children growing up without a father or a mother, sometimes both. Think about emotional distress will these will do to a lot of children.

You do not know what these people are going through.

So don't give me the f#&king s@%t about, they broke the law so they should be all deported.

Yes I do. I personally feel bad for the guy and his family. If he was really thinking about his family, he should have done the right thing first which is to get permanent resident status legally.

Ask yourself when was the last time you did not break any law in the Philippines?

I have not and do not plan to. Here, in the Philippines or anywhere.

It is not a crime to be an undocumented immigrant in the States!!!!

IT'S NOT A CRIME!!!!  

IT'S NOT A CRIME!!!!  

IT'S NOT A CRIME TO BE AN UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT IN THE STATES!!!

It is. Read the Immigration and Nationality Act. Take your time though, its a long read.

NO!

The main reason they are doing these right now is because the white racist crazy folks are apprehensive that a lot of brown people are now living in their communities.

This is all about racism and nothing else!!!

It does not matter whether you are an american citizen or undocumented immigrant as long as you are from a different culture or have a different skin color, you are a suspect.

I personally do not know you or what you have been through but I do not have any issues with "white folks" especially "white folks" with issues with "brown people".

But to say that this is all "about racism and nothing else" is well, kind of overreacting. That's all I can say about the matter and will not elaborate further.

I can see that you personally hate Trump and if Hillary won and the guy was still deported I'm not sure if you will have the same zeal and fervor in commenting on this issue.

There were a lot of instances, since the new administration came in, that american citizens, people born in the States and green card holders were not permitted entry in the airports and border crossing due to the color of their skin. It's as simple as that, by the color of your skin you are judged.

A travel advisory to the Bahamas or any Carribean Island is now in effect and "white folks" do not want to get a tan, ever. LOL.

Kidding aside, the State Department admitted there was a problem with the process when Trump initially signed the Executive Order regarding immigration and they have fixed it and revised the order. Local Superior court judges has also deemed it "unconstitutional" while some have ruled that it is within the President's jurisdiction to enact it. It has been interpreted by law and thru law and not by the color of your skin.

Besides, the jobs that these undocumented immigrants are doing were the one the white racist crazy folks do not want to work.

They are not afraid about losing their jobs because they were not working in the first place, they only want the government to get give them their pensions and unemployment checks.

Governor Brown is the one stealing money from us and giving their employees healthy pensions and checks by imposing all of these notorious taxes. You might wanna help fix our State first before anything else.

Oh, and Governor "Brown", get it?

There a lot of government suckers here in the States, most of them are crazy white racist folks who never had any educations and never try to exert any effort to improve their lives.

Actually these crazy white racist folks never pay their income or social security taxes but they are the one benefitting the most from these social programs.

They are afraid that their pensions and unemployment checks will stop when the brown people starts collecting from these social programs.

Check your demographics again man - about 38% goes to the white people. 62% goes to everyone else (non-whites). And I'm not making them up. Go google it.

Now look up the numbers for California.

YES INDEED HE IS!!!

that was what he campaign on but in a very subtle way of course.

At least your not subtle in saying that whites are racists.

No I'm not a lawyer. But I can read and follow road signs. Does that count?

• Shadow Minister likes this

#44 camiar

camiar

Camiar

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3784 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:50 AM

Oooh Wow! Jurispurdence? Jurisprudence?

Nosebleed!!! Heellppp!

I am a very simple person. I am limited to using Darcy-Weisbach equation in hydraulic calculations and analysis of thermodynamic processes, which, I'm sure pales in comparison to your knowledge in juris-pur-dence!?!

But I know that if I did something illegal that could land me in jail, I could've committed a crime. Following simple life rules like that could keep me from going to jail or from being unceremoniously deported.

Do I need to understand or even correctly spell jurisprudence to comment in this thread? Naaahhh! Don't think so!

So all you guys in this thread, don't be intimidated by sanctimonious high horse riders who think only they have the god-given right to comment on what is right and just.

FDL! Heads up. Flaming war coming up! The guy who claims Filipinos are "utak-ipis" is about to be put in his place.

Edited by camiar, 13 April 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#45 motoko

motoko

Devirginized

• UNREGISTERED
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:lie in life's simple pleasures.

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

So sorry to butt in. Here's my take on the matter:

Was it right for him to be deported - YES. No matter how much we spin the story and look at it from different angles it still boils down to the fact that said person did something illegally. Is it a crime? In my limited knowledge, YES as it breaks said laws of the country.

I feel bad for him and his family, but I have to agree with JayZip. If he was concerned about the well being of his family, he should have started the legal proceedings as soon as he got a job or sometime thereafter.

Why do I say these? Because that was what my brother and his wife did. They went to the US as tourists and got lucky that some companies thought of hiring them.

When they accepted the offer, they were helped by their employers to get a working visa, then they got their permanent resident status and now they are holders of immigrant visas. How long did it take them to do so? 15 years. They waited 15 long years. However, in all those years they NEVER lived in fear.

Recently they went home after a decade and a half. I even joked about their re-entry in the country they now considered as their own. I said that because I heard of the NASA engineer who got stopped by immigration even if he is a federal employee.BUT, even with all those happenings and my brother having a hispanic sounding name as well as looking hispanic, they were permitted re-entry without any hitches. Two days after their arrival, they went back to their normal American jobs and lives.

What am I saying - be there legally and you will not be running scared all the time. You just need to be patient as even in the US, legal processes can take decades. Prove your worth and may be (still not a guarantee) you will get rewarded.

I should know, next month our parents are coming home for a vacation. Both are naturalized citizens though they have been rejected as tourists in the US a couple of times.

Legal entry - legal stay, yes though not a guarantee will at least earn you some consideration eventually.
  • pinpoint015 likes this

#46 FleurDeLune

FleurDeLune

Chienne Počte

• 4509 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

Nosebleed!!! Heellppp!

I am a very simple person. I am limited to using Darcy-Weisbach equation in hydraulic calculations and analysis of thermodynamic processes, which, I'm sure pales in comparison to your knowledge in juris-pur-dence!?!

But I know that if I did something illegal that could land me in jail, I could've committed a crime. Following simple life rules like that could keep me from going to jail or from being unceremoniously deported.

Do I need to understand or even correctly spell jurisprudence to comment in this thread? Naaahhh! Don't think so!

So all you guys in this thread, don't be intimidated by sanctimonious high horse riders who think only they have the god-given right to comment on what is right and just.

FDL! Heads up. Flaming war coming up! The guy who claims Filipinos are "utak-ipis" is about to be put in his place.

I don't see any flaming being directly addressed to any specific member here. So let him rant. I guess he knows the forum rules. 

#47 Xir Xian

Xir Xian

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:Spas with good massage!

Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:54 AM

Is Trump a racist? Yes he is!

Should the Filipino people suffer because of his political decisions? No we don't!

Is living in the United Stated undocumented a crime? It's not for us to decide! It's their country, not ours! (unless you are a documented US citizen)

Is life unfair? YES.

#48 JayZip

JayZip

daddy day care.

• (13) Giga Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12794 posts
  • Interests:Toys. Ages 6-14.

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:31 AM

Nosebleed!!! Heellppp!

I am apparently one of those sanctimonious high horse riders and it hurt my ego. A little. LOL.

#49 pinpoint015

pinpoint015

Wanton

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

Illegal is still illegal. What's hard to understand?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: US Immigration Policy, Trump Admin, Du30

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users