K&n Air Filter - Claim To Add Hp

• 2 weeks later...

Sa K&N, ramdam mo agad ung additional power, kahit kapiranggot lang. If you buy it from a reputable seller, they'll tell you na hindi pwedeng basta bastang "pahanginan" ang K&N. There's a proper way to clean it. My dealer said they're glad to clean my filter for free. Comes with the lifetime warranty of K&N I guess.

Not much gain on drop in filter n dont feel much difference think better stick to replacement drop in filter if for evryday use

I agree! If you plan to switch to K&N, go for the conical filter and a cold air intake system. The performance gain on the drop-in filter is not commensurate to the price.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

amount of power is determined by the amount of air and fuel your engine can efficiently burn.

I do not think that if you change your fairfilter ay automaticaly you will gain horsepower. From my years of being a grease monkey/tuner, ang nagkeclaim na lumakas ang auto nila due to Airfilter change (k and N, Simota, cobb etc)

1. may marumi silang current airfilter na napalitan ng malinis na filter kaya nakahinga ng husto ang makina, kungbaga parang naperiodic maintenance ang kanilang auto. Eto kadalasan kaya ang naglagay ng new after market filter nasasabi nilang " Pare lakas ng auto ko, ganda ng response" and totoo naman gumanda agad ang takbo ng auto nila dahil nakahinga ang auto nila ng husto

2. akala lumakas ang auto nila dahil nakakarinig ng malakas na higop. (I thought lumakas ang ESI ko way back in 1995 dahil may naririnig akong kakaibang higop).

huwag lang basta basta din magpalit ng filter Lalo na ang mga " Cone" type filter. If ang cone type filter na malalagay mo ay hindi makakahigop ng sariwang hanging galling sa labas, huwag niyo na palitan kasi makakahina pa ng kotse .

also may mga bagong " Race Type" filter now na aluminum mesh ang gamit and claims to have the maximum air flow. This may be true pero tandaan ang mga " Racing " products na eto ay dinvelop para sa mga makina na ginagamit lang sa race track , meaning hindi kasing alikabok ng kalsada.

also ang mga race engines, sanay silang buksan ang makina every few races so kung may duming nakapasok sa makina, kaya nila linisin to make sure ok pa ang tolerances ng makina.

Edited by r35gtr

IMHO only way to find out if you've gained additional torque or hp is if you have the car dyno'ed before and after installing a performance part.

Usualy guys who do modifications will install the modifications, run the car on the dyno and change paramaters like air fuel ratio, cam timing etc.

the advantages of your modification such as this K and N airfilter will only be realized if you tune the car. but just dropping it in will not cause any gains. it would be more like a placebo effect.

After market Airfilters produce this " sucking" sound that is very addictive if you experience it for the first time. This is the reason why people tend to be heavy on the throttle, hence, lower gas mileage

waste of money for a stock daily driven car just use the money to buy a headers

agreed, the amount of power is determined by the amount of AIr and fuel your car can efficiently burn. although mas free flowing ang K and N filter, it does not mean anything if your Air Fuel ratio will remain the same.

those people who say that they experience a difference, chances are , madumi ang previous air filter mo.

I am not saying K and N airfilter is useless but dropping it in with out tuning will not do anything

you won't probably feel any difference when you just change the filter. Sometimes changing the filter will even make you lose power.

same with sound. louder sounds do not mean bigger gains some times it might even result to power loss.

if you really just want to have a louder/deeper sounding exhaust you just probably want to change your headers and have a decent axle-back. you'll definitely have gains (minimal to most cars) but you won't really feel that much difference not unless you see your dyno charts. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...