Pc's Open 24/7

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hindi lang dapat good ventilation ang gagawin if your running your pc 24/7 shempre once in a while you need to check if meron ng nakakapasok na mga malware etc sa system mo..before doing that 24/7 operation..need first to secure you pc..:)

Edited by neybor
  • 1 month later...

ok lang 24/7 basta may power surge protector ka tsaka good ventillation for the PC, tsaka maganda yung cooling system ng PC mo. Sa akin walang patayan ng PC for 6 days, linggo lang ang pahinga ba... I download a lot from torrents and limewire kaya I have to leave it on 24/7... I had my PC for almost a year now and so far wala pang gumive up na component...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'yung isang desktop ko 24/7 bukas except pag bumabagal na at pag may nag-hang lang. ok naman sya basta make sure lang ako na walang masusunog sa paligid nya (just in case). Tsaka I make sure na malinis ang loob ng casing at umaandar lahat ng fans nya.

I guess the most important part is the power supply. most generic PSUs won't last that long (especially under heavy load). investing on a good brand such as enermax, hec, corsair, antec, etc. is the way to go. there are other more affordable but also reliable brands such as techwill and dynamo.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

if you plan to not turn off your pc then get a small fan and point it perpendicular to the pack of the box. this way a strong air flow is always present at the back of the case. this will make sure that the hot air from the vent fan will be carried away upon exit.

if possible just open the case panel and point the fan straight sa mga parts. problem is, dust and insects can crawl inside.

we had a server running 7-10 daily for 5 years. hd broke down first. our present server was bought in 2003 and is working up to now.

we have a fan blowing at the back of the case since we purchased it.