If the improvement came after 2016, then you have to thank Diokno for expediting the release of national funds the for roadworks.

City of manila couldn't have done it because it was almost bankrupt while Isko was traffic czar.

I don't know who Cassie Sison is, but right now you only have the two old goats and Isko to choose from. All the other candidates are jokers.

If my memory serves me right, the road repairs started in late 2015 or early 2016.

The two old geezers are a "no-no" for me. I never left my vote blank for mayor but this may be the first election I will do it.

If my memory serves me right, the road repairs started in late 2015 or early 2016.

The two old geezers are a "no-no" for me. I never left my vote blank for mayor but this may be the first election I will do it.

Diokno was responsible for expediting the release of funds for road repairs starting 2016. But I still say the reduction of cargo trucks and provincial buses played a big role in reducing the volume, at least from what I see of the traffic situation along Taft Avenue and Roxas Boulevard..

If you don't choose anyone, one of the two old goats might come back to City Hall.

Worst case scenario for Manila residents is for Fred Lim to win.

Or you can vote for Isko and break the stranglehold of the two old goats and their trapo parties (LP and PMP).

Edited by camiar

Ok. Noted. He signed it in 2014 but I will tell you this. I am an eyewitness to "sitios" sprouting in the Fairview area in the past three years that law notwithstanding.

Syndicates of professional squatters are very powerful in Metro Manila. Many of them have links to traditional political parties to secure the number of their voter population base in the area.

I don't think a city mayor has enough power to stop these syndicates.

Rumors of Bistek being pro-squatter and anti-business is contrary to records that he established Business Technology Center and Negosyo Center to promote ease of doing business. These are business one-stop-shop centers, where they reduced the 15-step business permit renewal process into three steps.

Syndicates of professional squatters are very powerful in Metro Manila. Many of them have links to traditional political parties to secure the number of their voter population base in the area.

I don't think a city mayor has enough power to stop these syndicates.

Rumors of Bistek being pro-squatter and anti-business is contrary to records that he established Business Technology Center and Negosyo Center to promote ease of doing business. These are business one-stop-shop centers, where they reduced the 15-step business permit renewal process into three steps.

If Bautista had political will, he can relocate these squatters but that would also mean relocating votes.

Like I said, I am a witness to "sitios" sprouting in Fairview.

Regarding Bautista being anti-business, I don't think so. What mayor would shut down a business which would mean income for a city? Unless the mayor had personal interest in a business.

Edited by will robie

If Bautista had political will, he can relocate these squatters but that would also mean relocating votes.

Like I said, I am a witness to "sitios" sprouting in Fairview.

Regarding Bautista being anti-business, I don't think so. What mayor would shut down a business which would mean income for a city? Unless the mayor had personal interest in a business.

So, the accusation that Bistek is anti-business seems to be unfounded.

The accusation that Bistek is pro-squatter still have to be substantiated. The sprouting of squatter sitios in Fairview doesn't mean he is behind it. Professional squatters are a powerful group with links to leftist political parties, trapo ward leaders, and corrupt city officials. They are the city governments' big headache.

So, the accusation that Bistek is anti-business seems to be unfounded.

The accusation that Bistek is pro-squatter still have to be substantiated. The sprouting of squatter sitios in Fairview doesn't mean he is behind it. Professional squatters are a powerful group with links to leftist political parties, trapo ward leaders, and corrupt city officials. They are the city governments' big headache.

Correct me if i am wrong but when Bautista increased the land tax a couple of years back, a percentage if that tax was dedicated to squatters. I forgot the exact purpose but it had something to do with squatters.

Correct me if i am wrong but when Bautista increased the land tax a couple of years back, a percentage if that tax was dedicated to squatters. I forgot the exact purpose but it had something to do with squatters.

Quezon City Council (not necessarily the mayor) effectively raised the taxes by 500% when they updated the Fair Market Values of real estates which has remained unchanged since 22 years ago (1996).

The move was challenged in court but the Supreme Court sided with the City Government.

Even with an SC ruling in their favor, the council suspended the implementation of the tax hike. The hike would have generated additional revenue close to a billion pesos per year to the city treasury.

I don't know what exactly the squatters have to do with the issue, but definitely, the additional revenue can support mass housing projects, for one.

Yes, he may not be behind it but he could have stopped it. If he had the political will, the proliferation of these "sitios", which are effectively squatter colonies, can be stopped. This is Bautista's last term and I hope the next mayor will do a better job than the younger brother of Janice De Belen in Flordeluna. :lol:

Edited by will robie

Yes, he may not be behind it but he could have stopped it. If he had the political will, the proliferation of these "sitios", which are effectively squatter colonies, can be stopped. This is Bautista's last term and I hope the next mayor will do a better job than the younger brother of Janice De Belen in Flordeluna. :lol:

He could not have stopped it.

Going after the professional squatting syndicate is beyond political will. Jun Simon started the squatter problem but none of the succeeding mayors had the "political will" to reverse the situation. Including Bistek.

Again, it is a matter of choice on who can do a better job. Who is running against Bistek?

Edited by camiar

He could not have stopped it.

Going after the professional squatting syndicate is beyond political will. Jun Simon started the squatter problem but none of the succeeding mayors had the "political will" to reverse the situation. Including Bistek.

Again, it is a matter of choice on who can do a better job. Who is running against Bistek?

The mayor controls the police. He can direct the police to take out these squatters, especially, the ones squatting on government land. However, he should have a relocation plan for the squatters.

I blame the incompetent and dumb Cory Aquino for squatter proliferation.

Bautista is forbidden to run since this is his third trrm. Joy Belmonte is one of the mayoralty candidates in QC.

The mayor controls the police. He can direct the police to take out these squatters, especially, the ones squatting on government land. However, he should have a relocation plan for the squatters.

I blame the incompetent and dumb Cory Aquino for squatter proliferation.

Bautista is forbidden to run since this is his third trrm. Joy Belmonte is one of the mayoralty candidates in QC.

Using the police is the city mayor's last resort. Demolition of squatter dwellings is a very politically sensitive issue.

The leftists and the professional squatter syndicates will use it as an excuse to escalate the issue and call it heartless repression of the poor.

They will incite a riot, provoke the police to shoot, hoping that somebody gets injured, or better yet, die. The media will have a grand time getting news mileage out of it.

The city government will lose the battle of emotions.

Using the police is the city mayor's last resort. Demolition of squatter dwellings is a very politically sensitive issue.

The leftists and the professional squatter syndicates will use it as an excuse to escalate the issue and call it heartless repression of the poor.

They will incite a riot, provoke the police to shoot, hoping that somebody gets injured, or better yet, die. The media will have a grand time getting news mileage out of it.

The city government will lose the battle of emotions.

Being scared of leftists and professional squatter syndicates means that Bautista is a lame-duck mayor when it comes to making the difficult decisions.

Yes, maybe the media will have a grand time getting news mileage but do you think anyone will care about these squatters aside from the opportunistic leftists and "yellowtards"? If the media magnifies it and sees that it does not improve ratings, these media outfits would k*ll the issue as soon as possible.

Speaking of emotions, that is what the "yellows" are hoping for. Unfortunately for them, the Filipino has matured and don't just fall prey to these "yellowtards" who use emotion instead of reason to get the result they want.

Edited by will robie

Being scared of leftists and professional squatter syndicates means that Bautista is a lame-duck mayor when it comes to making the difficult decisions.

Yes, maybe the media will have a grand time getting news mileage but do you think anyone will care about these squatters aside from the opportunistic leftists and "yellowtards"? If the media magnifies it and sees that it does not improve ratings, these media outfits would k*ll the issue as soon as possible.

Speaking of emotions, that is what the "yellows" are hoping for. Unfortunately for them, the Filipino has matured and don't just fall prey to these "yellowtards" who use emotion instead of reason to get the result they want.

I'm not saying they are scared of the leftists and professional squatters. But these groups are more powerful than the individual mayors.

These squatter coddlers have cultivated and developed tacit support from politicians at higher levels (national level politicians).

Did you ever see any congressman or senator openly siding with city governments in the demolition and clearing operations of squatters? No, because the leftists and professional squatter syndicates are selling the squatters' votes to these trapos. These people want to keep the poor in their miserable conditions to keep them dependent on the patronage system.

I'm not saying they are scared of the leftists and professional squatters. But these groups are more powerful than the individual mayors.

These squatter coddlers have cultivated and developed tacit support from politicians at higher levels (national level politicians).

Did you ever see any congressman or senator openly siding with city governments in the demolition and clearing operations of squatters? No, because the leftists and professional squatter syndicates are selling the squatters' votes to these trapos. These people want to keep the poor in their miserable conditions to keep them dependent on the patronage system.

Reminds me of the time when a Davao sheriff went through with a court order to demolish a squatters area, when Mayor Sara Duterte later comes to the rescue and punches him several times in the face to the delight of the squatters.

Of course, the senators are not gonna intervene with squatters of a certain city or any city for that matter lest they be accused of meddling in the affairs of a city when they are supposed to be minding their business and making laws.

Regarding support from politicians, perhaps Akbayan or Makabayan or any "yellow" political organization who want the support of these squatters since they are slowly and surely becoming politically extinct.

• 2 weeks later...

Minsan ang hirap ng magtiwala Kasi sa una lang sila magaling. Sana this coming election 2019 yong kahit Hindi perpekto yong malulok basta may puso at marunong umunawa at gagawin lahat para sa mamayanan. Sa aking opinion Hindi pwedeng sila lang mag adjust para sa atin dapat tayong mga mamamayan marunong tayong makuntento at tumayo sa sarili natin wag natin iasa lahat sa gobyerno. Sa mga boboto sana piliin natin yong karapat-dapat wag tayong masilaw sa pera, panandalian Lang yan. Sana maluklok yong mga deserving at kayang pangatawanan at panindigan yong sinumpaan sa bayan.

Tama ka dyan.

Tingnan kung ano ang nagawa nila para sa kapakanan ng bayan. Yon ang gawing basehan kung karapat-dapat siya.

Edited by camiar

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/03/06/19/sara-duterte-honesty-should-not-be-an-election-issue

Syempre gustong iboto ng mga tao yun mga sinungaling na kandidato.

http://nine.cnnphilippines.com/news/2019/03/05/Bato-dela-Rosa-Hugpong-ng-Pagbabago-campaign.html

At ayan. Mga payaso ang iboto niyo sa halalan, ah. Yun naman ang gusto niyo talaga. haha

Who would you vote for the upcoming election? Have you posted your list here?

Required ba? Nasa thread topic ba na kelangan i post dito yun full list?

Basta I have a list of those who I will NOT vote for that are non-negotiable. That's usually how I generate my list.

If you want a hint of who I'm NOT voting for, think of candidates who are/were 1) involved in corruption scandals, 2) clowns and/or paperweights, 3) liars. Figure out the rest for yourself.

Edited by tk421

Sara Duterte: Honesty should not be an election issue

Everybody lies anyway.

Davao City Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio had this to say Wednesday as she asserted that honesty should not be an issue in this years elections, defending her candidates under the regional party Hugpong ng Pagbabago (HNP) accused of dishonesty and corruption.