Chiropractor

nirvanana_q

back pain is the most common cause of consultation in the orthopedics practice...a person would consult a doctor for back apin at least once in his life time....but the good news is at least 80% of these back pains can be treated conservatively, meaning, most cases are non-surgical in nature and can be managed with just medication and/or physical therapy. the remaining 20% would be the cases wherein surgery might be indicated...that is after failure of conservative management.

it should be said that manipulation of the spine should be done with utmost caution and should be done only by those properly trained for this. the reasons for this were stated in the earlier posts. being an orthopedic surgeon myself, i cannot overemphasize the fact that an improperly manipulated spine could cause further injury to the patient...ranging from worsening of the pain to paralysis.

so, if you have to seek treatment with a chiropractor, which personally i would hesitate in advising, at least make sure that he/she is properly trained and has the credentials to boot for it and when in doubt, please see a doctor.

just my two cents worth...keep healthy and remember that prevention is better than cure...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
back pain is the most common cause of consultation in the orthopedics practice...a person would consult a doctor for back apin at least once in his life time....but the good news is at least 80% of these back pains can be treated conservatively, meaning, most cases are non-surgical in nature and can be managed with just medication and/or physical therapy. the remaining 20% would be the cases wherein surgery might be indicated...that is after failure of conservative management.

it should be said that manipulation of the spine should be done with utmost caution and should be done only by those properly trained for this. the reasons for this were stated in the earlier posts. being an orthopedic surgeon myself, i cannot overemphasize the fact that an improperly manipulated spine could cause further injury to the patient...ranging from worsening of the pain to paralysis.

so, if you have to seek treatment with a chiropractor, which personally i would hesitate in advising, at least make sure that he/she is properly trained and has the credentials to boot for it and when in doubt, please see a doctor.

just my two cents worth...keep healthy and remember that prevention is better than cure...

Kailangan ba may MD ka para maging chiropractor? May mga chiropractor na orthopedic surgeons di ba?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Kailangan ba may MD ka para maging chiropractor? May mga chiropractor na orthopedic surgeons di ba?

Anywhere i.In the world, no, you don't have to have a medical degree to be a chiropractor. In our country, there is no regulating body for chiropractors so anyone can proclaim to be one. No, wala akong nakilala or narinig na orthopedic surgeon na fellow ng Philippine Orthopedic Association or diplomate ng Philippine Board of Orthopedics who practices as a chiropractor.

• 5 months later...

mga tol, so saan tayo pupunta kung may pilay tayo? baka may alam kayong magaling mag hilot sa simpleng pilay?

meron kasi pinupuntahan sa congressional, globus ang name ng clinic, the doctor is from china, and for me he is the best, kaya niya pagalingin yung back pain ko ng 3x na balik. ang fee niya around 1400 to 1500 kasama na ang chinese medicine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Any more facts regarding this? Any recommendations? :)

I used to go for a 'tune up' every couple of months in Malaysia. According to my Chiropractor, the way we sit, drive a car, get in and get out of the car, sleep and various other things will misalign ur back. After my sessions my neck and shoulders feel light, no preasure, and I sleep better.

I saw one here. Haven't tried him / her yet.

If u drive from Glorietta going to Fort Bonifacio using the Dasmarineas way you will pass a church. The Chiro is there at the shophouses oppisite the church.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ang layo. any other recos?

Regarding your previous inquiry, chiropractors are not MD's (medical doctors). There is no licensing/accrediting system (like that of the PRC for doctors, nurses, PT's etc.) for chiropractors in our country unlike abroad, so practically anyone who has had any form of training, whether 1 week or 1 month or 1 year can claim to be one.

With regards to rehab facilities and PT, all major hospitals have a PT center, though they usually require an evaluation by a Rehab doctor who then gives a PT prescription. Some malls have them also such as the Ortho-Rheuma-Rehab Clinic in Megamall which is a fully-equipped Rehab Center.

• 5 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...