All about Sony Ericsson Phones

Got it already (w800),

Here's my take:

1) Cooler fresher color, eye candy cya, not so stiff unlike the k750i

2) Better quality camera pics, I compared them side by side

3) Mas madali pindutin ang key pads ng k750i

4) Audio Quality via earphones is better, the packaged earphones are probably the best earphones out of a packaged box

As we all know, you can install its firmware into the k750i, but I haven't tested it. So far, imaging wise, sound quality wise, and considering the contents in the package, it is a better buy than the k750i. If you do not dig the flashy orange/white color and want a stringent no nonsense impression, get the k750i.

Got it already (w800),

Here's my take:

1) Cooler fresher color, eye candy cya, not so stiff unlike the k750i

2) Better quality camera pics, I compared them side by side

3) Mas madali pindutin ang key pads ng k750i

4) Audio Quality via earphones is better, the packaged earphones are probably the best earphones out of a packaged box

As we all know, you can install its firmware into the k750i, but I haven't tested it. So far, imaging wise, sound quality wise, and considering the contents in the package, it is a better buy than the k750i. If you do not dig the flashy orange/white color and want a stringent no nonsense impression, get the k750i.

hey how much did you get it?

Guest buru_tus
As far as I know, konti lang naman ang added na functions if pina-flash mo 'yung K750i mo into W800i.

major difference will be in the media player function

with the current K750i software, pag na minimize yung media player, nde lumalabas yung track details

sa W800i, pag na minimize yung media player, lumabas yung track details

regarding sa picture quality, pareho lang silang 2MP camera phone, nasa timing lang nag pagkakaiba

I was able to developed a 10R picture taken from my K750i, nde makapaniwala yung lab technician

Hi,

Hope this helps:

Probably everybody is asking this question:

Can a w800 replace your MP3 player?

The first Mp3 playable phone was launched 3 years ago and since then all phones that were released which donned the capability shared the same limitations: battery life, audio quality, and memory size.

Having been an Ipod user for 3 years, I ran several tests based on the qualities listed above.

BATTERY LIFE: The phone will play continuous MP3s for a couple of hours, I do not know how long it will go though some claim 6 hours of continuous playing, it is certainly not bad considering early MP3 players lasted a max of 6 hours before requiring a recharge.

AUDIO QUALITY: Testing it VS the IPOD the sound quality is decent, even clearly beating the Ipod depending on some tracks. Sony's patented Mega Bass technology cannot be matched by any of the equalizer settings of the Ipod. The sound is full and rich if you are listening to jazz tracks (Kevyn Lettau for example,) but for rap tracks (Public Enemy) to bass is too much for the earphones. Listening to portable music is best when external music is blocked out and the Mega Bass setting together with the packaged earphones compliment each other to deliver great portable sound. The standard issue SE branded earphones I believe are the best sounding earphones I have used coming straight out of the box.

Plugging the phone into external speakers it does the job though the Ipod can produce a tad bit of volume. In the car also it sounds decent but you have to manually tweak the equalizer to get a more natural sound. Manually changing the equalizer is a function I wished the Ipod had. Although the Ipod has more preset settings, it is easier to manually adjust the EQ according to your taste rather than testing presets.

One factor that establishes the w800 as a decent MP3 player is that MP3s encoded at 128 kbps sound as good as music encoded at 192 kbps on the Ipod. Since storage is limited to 512 mb, the smaller you encode your MP3s the better.

INTERFACE: The w800 allows you to browse through songs via artists but that’s all. Unlike the Ipod where you can toggle genres, ratings, albums, composers. Of course having this function is needed for the Ipod since you have 4000-6000 songs.

FILE TRANSFER: This is where it gets ugly. If you use a card reader and copy songs to the memory card the transfer is swift, the problem is you can toggle your MP3s based on track only. To use the artist function, you need to encode your MP3s using the supplied Disc to Phone software. The phone is connected via USB cable and the Disk to Phone program transfers your music. Problem is, it takes so long to transfer 400 MB worth of songs (14 mins). An Ipod can move a couple of gigs from the song library to your Ipod in a few minutes.

Does the W800 make the grade?

Yes. Enough to go against an Ipod? Yes. If you do not mind having around 300s in your pocket instead of 4000, then the w800 will do. Sound wise it is par if not better to the Ipod. I however use the Ipod (4th gen 40G) as a primary player since I like listening to music based on my mood. It is really handy though, since it beats carrying 2 gadgets at the same time.

Considering the cost of an Ipod mini (14k,) you add around 13k you get a flashy 2 MB cam phone since the w800 costs 27k. Now isn’t that something to think about?

Now is the w800 worth your buy vs. a k750i?

I tested the units side by side (k750i and w800) both have R1L002 firmware and simply put, the pictures on the w800 are a bit better. It has a few differences but flashing your k750 to w800 will make them identical.

The color is load and flashy, not so mush a slick office phone, but it is fresh and great eye candy.

If you do not mind spending a bit more, I'd recommend you but the w800 vs. the k750i.

K750i price: 21,000.

W800 price: 27,000, but with 512 MB card (3600,) great earphones (650) earphone adapter (400) flashy casing (1200) MP3 friend interface (500).

Net net, if you take the entire package of the w800, it is the same if you get a k750i and get all the accessories ,casing, and firmware flash from other sources.

Even if flashing my K750i firmware into an W800i would make it a little bit better - better music functionality, better camera resolution based on some reports, etc. - I think I'd rather not since I got my unit from an authorized dealer (Smart Wireless Center) and doing something like this would most definitely void my warranty.

But I can't still help but drool over the W800i! :boo: If only I've held off for a month longer... :lol:

anyone got their unit yet from globe?

Hehehe... Yup... Already got mine thru globe... plus may free 128 ms duo na kasama...(free at plan 3500)

really good unit... can double as a usb storage for all your office and personal files... planning to get an extra ms --- 512k (only 3700 sandisk / 4000 sony) ok na ok na yan for mps and other stuff.... also sandisk already has a 1 gig memory stick out... sells for about 5500... still thinking about this...

peace menyeks!!! :boo:

I hope SE comes up with a firmware upgrade or software na pwede install that would allow SE K 750i units to play the SONY ATRAC3+ file formats.... this format is extremely small but has very good sound quality...

I'm using the 128 MB for mp3 files... ok naman ang sound quality... about 30+ songs.... If they use ATRAC3+... i may be able to put around 80++ songs into a 128MB stick....

Bro, there will always be a trade-off.  You want a smaller sized file, the quality will be affected.  You want a better sounding (quality) MP3, the file size will get bigger.  Pero not all 190 kpbs encoded MP3s sound good.  May gamble din yan when encoding.....

Thats my point...kasi sabi nya :the smaller you encode your MP3,the better"

Edited by SPO1
Hehehe... Yup... Already got mine thru globe... plus may free 128 ms duo na kasama...(free at plan 3500)

really good unit... can double as a usb storage for all your office and personal files... planning to get an extra ms --- 512k (only 3700 sandisk / 4000 sony)  ok na ok na yan for mps and other stuff.... also sandisk already has a 1 gig memory stick out... sells for about  5500... still thinking about this...

peace menyeks!!! :boo:

boss, when did you get your unit, kasi right now wala pa daw stock. I already applied last month up to now no response

Bro, there will always be a trade-off.  You want a smaller sized file, the quality will be affected.  You want a better sounding (quality) MP3, the file size will get bigger.  Pero not all 190 kpbs encoded MP3s sound good.  May gamble din yan when encoding.....

Yes this is the case, pero surprisingly kahit 128 kpbs ok ang tunog nya.

Tama nga ung tungkol sa ATTRAC format ng sony. PEro ung badtrip ung pag convert. Another step pa.

Yeah, actually, the only way to really tell which bitrate is suitable for you - 128 or 190 kbps, etc. - is to use your ear. To the average ear, halos walang difference ang sound na recorded in either 128 or 190 kbps. Only real audiophiles can tell the difference so that would mean na the average Juan can probably tolerate even downsizing a 128 kbps song into something even smaller.

Basically, it all boils down to what's acceptable for you. :D

planning to get an extra ms --- 512k (only 3700 sandisk / 4000 sony)  ok na ok na yan for mps and other stuff.... also sandisk already has a 1 gig memory stick out... sells for about  5500... still thinking about this...

Pareng sbcaasd, saan mo nakita 'yang Sandisk na 1gig for P5500? :boo: 'Tangna, sa Villman for almost the same price, 512MB na Sony ang mabibili ko lang! Bargain 'yang Sandisk na 'yan! :thumbsupsmiley: