uaeboy25

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  • Interests:Aviation! Im an aviator :)

Posted 22 August 2008 - 05:35 AM

napost ko na to sa kabilang thread.

well im waiting for the words from our president katulad nung sinabi nya during oakwood mutiny like "surrender down your weapons and return to barracks"

napaka unfair kasi sila(milf) they are allowed to use weapons habang sa ncr ang armed group eh narobbed out pa minsan. i totally against any armed group. sorry but his is just an an opinion lang po.

Edited by uaeboy25, 22 August 2008 - 05:41 AM.

#22 talibong

talibong

ti? mabato pa kamo sa akon?

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 07:28 AM

Dude.. first of all... chill... :flowers: There was no need for sarcasm.
I am *NOT* or pretended to be a student or military history or strategy...

It is precisely why i was ASKING from a purely military and stragesti point... CAN WE and HOW can we do it? I was posing that question... which you already answered with...

6. If we should go on all-out war, of course we could do it. Again, you can depend on our soldiers.

But I have no clue how (not being an expert). And if we could do it... WHY HAVENT we done it?

You said "I'd rather talk to those MILF and NPA to surrender than shoot them."

With all due respect sir, and i am not the one asking this bec i hear this comment over and over again by others... we HAVE BEEN talking to them for 3 or 4 decades... the latest issue is the govt was trying to negotiate a deal with them, for peace (ill-advised, unconstitutional maybe? but thats another story) there was some problems and next thing we know they are attacking and killing innoent civilians.

You are obviously a soldier.. a Ranger? Then I salute you sir.. you and your kind are doing more for this country than i ever ould. You have my respect, and no disrespect was meant with my earlier comments...

As for my musings about the role of the military... strictly from a LAYMAN's understanding (again, not a student or an expert) I was merely making an observation that the country has NEVER been to War with another country in MODERN TIMES. Again, please correct my perception if i dont have the facts right , but the last time we were at war in WWII, the AFP was incorporated with the American Forces. And the AFP back then is a much smaller organization compared to now.

I was merely suggesting that a war with another country is such an unlikely scenario... that meanwhile, wouldnt a BETTER use of its might be to solve all these insurgency problems? No disrespect intended about their actual role (as mandated for by the constitution as you clearly pointed out).

Of course i have no doubt if such a war does happen.. the AFP and our valiant soldiers will do everything ..even lay down their lives.. to defend the country. I used China as just an example (calling them singkits was a slur and uncalled for btw)... but in truth, again, who would want to go to war with us? (over the Spratlys? i dont think it will ever come to that) But you got to admit .. CHina and some other neighbors (India, Pakistan) have NUKES.. we dont. So having powerful allies like the US do help.

Thanks bro... Sorry if I've been sarcastic, never meant it...

With your question, as to the WHY... We can do it... We certainly did it during Erap's all-out war... The question is on political will. It is our leaders who make the decisions. We could press on the fight, but sometimes we can't do with the "wisdom" of our political leaders.

War is politics by other means. Or what the good datu mastura said, "war is politics by whatever means." Our soldiers do the shooting and dying, our politicians get the glory.

You were right, we never had a war with another country in modern times. Even then, (Fil-Spanish, Fil-Am, WWII) we never have been a "nation at war". (The "nation at war" doctrine was espoused in the early 15th century, which ultimately lead to the Just War Theory) We have never been united in fighting our aggressors. I hope we would not need such a war to unite us all. So far, only pacquiao could truly unite the nation. hehehe.

Yes, I'd rather talk them into surrendering than shoot them. But not like the way the GRP panel talks to them. It would rather be one-on-one. There's been times when during the gunfight, the "bagito" rebels would throw in their arms and surrender. That was much better. No point in ending their life.

Anyway, GL I'm also not saying that I am a master of military history and strategy though it was one of my favorite subjects. I was also enlightened with your post.

But if you'll ask again, Yes, I'm all for all-out war.

Peace bro! I'll be looking forward to your post.

Again, thanks and sorry...

#23 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22,131 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

napost ko na to sa kabilang thread.

well im waiting for the words from our president katulad nung sinabi nya during oakwood mutiny like "surrender down your weapons and return to barracks"

napaka unfair kasi sila(milf) they are allowed to use weapons habang sa ncr ang armed group eh narobbed out pa minsan. i totally against any armed group. sorry but his is just an an opinion lang po.

if you purchase your weapons from the AFP, then i believe you should be allowed to use it.

#24 bakal357

bakal357

LEGUM BACCALAUREUS

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:literature, current events, politics, history and all other academe stuff...

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

I also believe that the MILF have foreign funding... A soldier friend of mine told me that they found AK 47's and other high powered armaments and ammunition. Aside from that, the MILF have sophisticated communication devices... far more sophisticated that our armed forces... How can a band of farmers, fisherfolk and peasants afford such? Kidnapping? Or as I've said, Foreign funding... Notice that the MILF have uniforms...

#25 talibong

talibong

ti? mabato pa kamo sa akon?

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

They used to have HUGE foreign funding. But after 9/11 mejo nahihirapan na sila to source out the funds. Pero nakalusot pa rin... Marami naman silang donors e...

#26 G.L.

G.L.

Lover

• (06) Chronic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:25 PM

Thanks bro... Sorry if I've been sarcastic, never meant it...

With your question, as to the WHY... We can do it... We certainly did it during Erap's all-out war... The question is on political will. It is our leaders who make the decisions. We could press on the fight, but sometimes we can't do with the "wisdom" of our political leaders.

War is politics by other means. Or what the good datu mastura said, "war is politics by whatever means." Our soldiers do the shooting and dying, our politicians get the glory.

You were right, we never had a war with another country in modern times. Even then, (Fil-Spanish, Fil-Am, WWII) we never have been a "nation at war". (The "nation at war" doctrine was espoused in the early 15th century, which ultimately lead to the Just War Theory) We have never been united in fighting our aggressors. I hope we would not need such a war to unite us all. So far, only pacquiao could truly unite the nation. hehehe.

Yes, I'd rather talk them into surrendering than shoot them. But not like the way the GRP panel talks to them. It would rather be one-on-one. There's been times when during the gunfight, the "bagito" rebels would throw in their arms and surrender. That was much better. No point in ending their life.

Anyway, GL I'm also not saying that I am a master of military history and strategy though it was one of my favorite subjects. I was also enlightened with your post.

But if you'll ask again, Yes, I'm all for all-out war.

Peace bro! I'll be looking forward to your post.

Again, thanks and sorry...

Bro, no need to apologize.. siguro nga as a soldier e baka na misinterpret lang ang sinabi ko na parang ini-ismall ko ang ating military.. so i needed to clarify rin..

aba.. malay ko ba may sundalo na myembro ng mtc... hehe :thumbsupsmiley:

no worries.. peace... :flowers:

They used to have HUGE foreign funding. But after 9/11 mejo nahihirapan na sila to source out the funds. Pero nakalusot pa rin... Marami naman silang donors e...

isa din yan sa di ko maintindihan.. if foreign funding, paano pumasok? thru banks (or cash ba). Either way, saan sila bumibili ng armas, who's the supplier?

Kung thru armamaents naman, paano ma-ismuggle sa mindanao?

Bakit madalas tayong makarinig na may nasibat na shipment of drugs, fake goods, even sometimes explosives yata, pero parang wala pa akong narinig na may nahuling shipment of arms and weapons?

I think the govt is trying to stop these methods (isa na yata ang Money Laundering Act as 1 way to detect terrorist funding daw) pero kulang pa rin siguro.

#27 skitz

skitz

almost happy

• Ambassador
  • 7,362 posts
  • Interests:Wine, women, and song. Not to be confused with liquored up whiny women who sing.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:26 PM

How can a band of farmers, fisherfolk and peasants afford such? Kidnapping? Or as I've said, Foreign funding... Notice that the MILF have uniforms...

And this just reinforces the point that we should have NEVER negotiated with these people at all. They are TERRORISTS. They call themselves Abu Sayyaf when they go on fundraising activities. At the negotiating table, they are MILF.

#28 robo_cop

robo_cop

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:28 PM

Sa lawak ng baybaying dagat ng pilipinas at sa sobrang ka obslolete ng mga gamit ng military. Im sure di nila kayang bantayan lahat ng pwedeng daananan ng mga loose fire arms

#29 skitz

skitz

almost happy

• Ambassador
  • 7,362 posts
  • Interests:Wine, women, and song. Not to be confused with liquored up whiny women who sing.

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

Hey, the AFP doesn't need to. The MILF can be rendered inutile by demolishing all their bases. Make life difficult for them. Right now, they have bases (which the AFP must respect) where they can train the next generation of terrorists.

#30 hellyeah2

hellyeah2

Spartan Warrior

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

Declare MILF as a Terrorist to dry up their funds and donors will hesitate to send money. But I doubt if US will allow us to do so.

#31 skitz

skitz

almost happy

• Ambassador
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

BUt they are TERRORISTS! Much more so than the NPAs. At least, NPAs, do not necessarilly target women and children. Ewan ko nga ba Uncle Sam, kung ano ang standard nila sa terrorists.

#32 Guest_Leviticus_*

Guest_Leviticus_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

Hey, the AFP doesn't need to. The MILF can be rendered inutile by demolishing all their bases. Make life difficult for them. Right now, they have bases (which the AFP must respect) where they can train the next generation of terrorists.

airdrop several crates of gin or rhum into their bases. also, airdrop fhm, maxim, and playboy magazines to their bases.

after a few weeks ay atakihin sila.

tiyak ubos ang lahi nila

#33 jopoc

jopoc

MTC Oblation Runner

• Ambassador
  • 22,131 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

Declare MILF as a Terrorist to dry up their funds and donors will hesitate to send money. But I doubt if US will allow us to do so.

no need to declare them terrorists... just FREEZE their funds... we the Anti money laundering act to take care of that.

but why freeze their funds? sa AFP sila bumibili ng mga armas. maiinis yan sina general.

#34 hellyeah2

hellyeah2

Spartan Warrior

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

no need to declare them terrorists... just FREEZE their funds... we the Anti money laundering act to take care of that.

but why freeze their funds? sa AFP sila bumibili ng mga armas. maiinis yan sina general.

Gumagana ba itong batas na ito? Naalala ko tuloy si Jose Pidal ..hehehehehehe

#35 uaeboy25

uaeboy25

Philanderer

• (09) Manic Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts
  • Interests:Aviation! Im an aviator :)

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:10 PM

well if they buy it illegally ibang usapan na yon. pero kasi bandits ang brand ng illegal possesion of fire arms sa manila. and legal din silang irobbed out. tanong natin kay ping? :D

#36 hellyeah2

hellyeah2

Spartan Warrior

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:13 PM

well if they buy it illegally ibang usapan na yon. pero kasi bandits ang brand ng illegal possesion of fire arms sa manila. and legal din silang irobbed out. tanong natin kay ping? :D

Kung yung mga umatake sa Lanao na MILF eh hinde na kailangan pang itanong kay Ping. Dapat na talaga silang irobbed-out.

#37 skitz

skitz

almost happy

• Ambassador
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Mostly cash only ang mga Abu Sayyaf/MILF (I imagine). Cash pambayad sa "board and lodging" di ba? Ano pa ba ang other sources of income nila? Mahirap na siguro ang cash flow from Osama.

#38 dos8dos

dos8dos

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

Mostly cash only ang mga Abu Sayyaf/MILF (I imagine). Cash pambayad sa "board and lodging" di ba? Ano pa ba ang other sources of income nila? Mahirap na siguro ang cash flow from Osama.

pirated DVDs from malaysia, smuggled into the philippines from sabah

#39 skitz

skitz

almost happy

• Ambassador
  • 7,362 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

So cash pa rin. Bale wala ang "freezing their funds".

#40 dos8dos

dos8dos

Seducer

• (08) Fanatical Member
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

So cash pa rin. Bale wala ang "freezing their funds".

cash, opium, diamonds, totally untraceable by AMLC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users