Cheapest Place To Live... & Be Rich

With regards to "pasahod" dito sa Australia, well it depends on the type of job you do and the area where you work, but according to Wikipedia "The latest release shows that the median gross household income in 2013–14 was $80,704, and the average of all households was $107,276.", http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_household_income_in_Australia_and_New_Zealand.

Personally, I love it here but I can't compare it with any other country other than Singapore for I work there for a couple of years before moving here. Between Singapore and Australia, I would still live in Australia. But I haven't had the opportunity to live and work in Europe nor North America nor any other parts of the world so I don't have a way to compare it with.

Ganda pala dyan!

• 2 weeks later...

Oo, highly recommended ko ang Australia pra sa mga gustong mag abroad. Mataas ang pasahod, health care is free, education is free for primary & secondary and college fees pwedeng study now pay later. You can also apply for dual citizenship after 4 years as a permanent resident. Nung nsa Singapore ako, napakahirap mag apply ng permanent resident visa pero nag apply ako ng permanent resident visa dito while still working in Singapore and I got approve after few months.

Ganda pala dyan!

• Like (+1) 1
  • 11 months later...

for living it would be provinces in the philippines. low cost of living and healthy food is easily available. for the moneymaking part, you really just need a good internet connection and a career where you can work remotely. dumadami ang mga careers na internet based if you know where to look. i think acquiring skills would be better. don't get into selling things because that market can get clogged fast especially sa mga tulad ng essential oils

• 3 months later...

Where do I start in becoming financially independent? Please message me. I do not want to work for a company if I have a choice.

The thread "Financial Planning" in this section talks about a member's journey from debt to investing to eventual financial independence.

If you do not mind the backreading, you might find something worth knowing. There is no black and white principle followed. The answers are all based on the posters' real-life experience.

• Winner! (+1) 1

Where do I start in becoming financially independent? Please message me. I do not want to work for a company if I have a choice.

I got three words for you, High Savings Rate! That's the key. Read this article that change my life positively towards financial independence https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

Those in the F.I.R.E. (Financial Independence, Retire Early) movement, a lot of us save and invest 50% atleast of my income and have it invested in assets such as Index Funds, Real Estate or into a business.

Using the Trinity study's 4% rule, if you have investment amounting to 25x your yearly expenses, then you my friend will no longer need to work for money, exchanging your time and life energy for salary. You'll be FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/11/2018 at 10:06 PM, JohannBeckham said:

Oo, highly recommended ko ang Australia pra sa mga gustong mag abroad. Mataas ang pasahod, health care is free, education is free for primary & secondary and college fees pwedeng study now pay later. You can also apply for dual citizenship after 4 years as a permanent resident. Nung nsa Singapore ako, napakahirap mag apply ng permanent resident visa pero nag apply ako ng permanent resident visa dito while still working in Singapore and I got approve after few months.

How about canada?

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...

actually mura sa pilipinas kasi may choice ka sa rent dito. You can slum it out in a 5k a month shabby apartment in tondo, or go as high as a 100k per month condo in makati.

sa US, you can only go so far. Hindi bababa sa $1000 a month rent mo sa bad part of town na yan, thats $12000 a year na.

kaya lang naman mahirap mabuhay dito sa pinas kasi kung may trabaho ka, may bubuhayin ka pang 4-5 na kamaganak na palamunin

• Like (+1) 2
On 1/12/2022 at 9:47 PM, chessboxin said:

actually mura sa pilipinas kasi may choice ka sa rent dito. You can slum it out in a 5k a month shabby apartment in tondo, or go as high as a 100k per month condo in makati.

sa US, you can only go so far. Hindi bababa sa $1000 a month rent mo sa bad part of town na yan, thats $12000 a year na.

kaya lang naman mahirap mabuhay dito sa pinas kasi kung may trabaho ka, may bubuhayin ka pang 4-5 na kamaganak na palamunin

that is the problem in the phil. in 1 family,only one is working say 4 to 5 members not to mention extended family. sa US lots of jobs that you can have 3 jobs at the same time. Yes rental in the US is quite high if you are in the city but they have housing loans with low interest especially if you are 1st time home buyers. i think if you want to get rich quickly, the US is my preferred place because of lots of opportunities esp if you are in business. employment wise too if you are skillfull. long time ago I invited my two of my relatives that we put up trading business in the US same thing I do in PH.they have high salaries that time they were not interested. they are not keen of having a business and preferred employment. now they realized that they should have accepted my offer  but too late for them.

• Winner! (+1) 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/27/2009 at 12:21 AM, LB said:

If you have close to a million or millions or billions, where would you choose to spend it?

A place where your money is considerably big & has a high potential for earning more...

Would you retire in the province, go/ stay in the city or go abroad?

Why?!

Post away folks :)

1. If you have lots of money to burn and plan to have an activity retirement, number 1 priority would be getting a "powerful passport" that allows you to travel the world visa-free. You can get golden visa by investing (buying real-estate) in some countries. Spain and Portugal offers permanent residency for 500,000 Euro's. Greece permanent residency would be around 250,000+ Euros. You don't even have to stay there for 5 years, just 2 weeks to month's stay in 1-year for 5 years then you can become a citizen and get your powerful passport.

2. Plan to maximize growth of your asset AND protect the value of your asset (from investment loss). Mixture of income generating real-estate (illiquid but preserves capital and provides capital appreciation as well), stocks (high risk), crypto (ultra high risk), and low risk like bonds. This is all to ensure that your capital will outpace inflation.

3. Live of your earnings from your investment without touching your capital. Plan is make generational wealth NOT retirement wealth. Retirement wealth ends after you die. Generational wealth ensures that what you've generated will outlast you, your kids and at least reach your grandkids and even great-grand kids (3 generations or more). Build a LEGACY for your bloodline.

Edited by SupremoTaga

Philippines is no longer cheap as it used to be. I watch a lot of travel videos in YT and noticed that prices of meals in other countries are the same or even higher here. Consider also that they have better quality ingredients for food compared to here in Ph, You can easily compare the price of ramen here (ippudo, mendokoro, ramen nagi, etc) vs those in Japan YT videos and I'm surprised that meals in Japan are even cheaper.

If you don't mind going to far flung provinces and not in the city then yes, it's probably cheaper here.
But if you are a city dweller, love the convenience, technology, food and travel then it's the same as other countries.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...