dwick

Chaser

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Interests:n-ny-10ng und3r d sun

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:16 PM

+1 to province living

tapos mag negosyo.. planning to relocate in the future too..

#22 JohannBeckham

JohannBeckham

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

I want to be a digital nomad. stay for weeks or months sa isang lugar, tapos lipat ulit. I think If I hav a passive income of USD$40k I should be able to do that.

Pero siguro when I'm 90, di ko na kelangang gawin yon so most probably I'll end up in a provice in the Philippines. If not Palawan, Davao or Ilocos would be my bet.

If not, costa rica, thailand or even Indonesia. Ayoko sa malamig na lugar, I would love to be in the tropics kasi sanay na ako sa climate.

I choose a low cost of living area kasi dito sa Australia, ang taas ng cost of living, nkakalula. I would definitely live elsewhere if I have the chance.

#23 JohannBeckham

JohannBeckham

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:54 PM

Know your number. That's the key! Using the 4% rule, you must have an investment portfolio of 25 times of your annual expenses then and only then you're financial independent. 

Personally If I plan to retire here in Australia, I need another 12 years (10 if I consider my superannuation fund). But thats OK, I'm still young and still enjoying my work so there's no reason for me to retire elsewhere now (because I could, if I could move to a lower cost of living area outside australia). But I target to retire and have the opportunity to travel the world kya i need 12 more years. If that plan didn't pan out (e.g. because of disability or lost of a job or economy is not doing well or whatever), I have a fall back nmn na bumalik sa Pinas kasi may dual citizenship nmn dito.

#24 MRROUGHSEX

MRROUGHSEX

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:28 AM

It changes from time to time based on retirement account. 

By July I can retire to Egypt if I want. 

#25 MRROUGHSEX

MRROUGHSEX

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:35 AM

Know your number. That's the key! Using the 4% rule, you must have an investment portfolio of 25 times of your annual expenses then and only then you're financial independent. 

Personally If I plan to retire here in Australia, I need another 12 years (10 if I consider my superannuation fund). But thats OK, I'm still young and still enjoying my work so there's no reason for me to retire elsewhere now (because I could, if I could move to a lower cost of living area outside australia). But I target to retire and have the opportunity to travel the world kya i need 12 more years. If that plan didn't pan out (e.g. because of disability or lost of a job or economy is not doing well or whatever), I have a fall back nmn na bumalik sa Pinas kasi may dual citizenship nmn dito.

Kaya ko na mamuhay Php600K a year.  So with your suggestion of x 25, that would be Php15M.  With that,  I think your x25 is a sound, albeit conservative, model. 

Ok ba sa Australia?   Mga magkano pasahod dyan on average?

#26 JohannBeckham

JohannBeckham

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

With regards to "pasahod" dito sa Australia, well it depends on the type of job you do and the area where you work, but according to Wikipedia "The latest release shows that the median gross household income in 2013–14 was $80,704, and the average of all households was $107,276.", http://en.wikipedia....and_New_Zealand

Personally, I love it here but I can't compare it with any other country other than Singapore for I work there for a couple of years before moving here. Between Singapore and Australia, I would still live in Australia. But I haven't had the opportunity to live and work in Europe nor North America nor any other parts of the world so I don't have a way to compare it with.

Kaya ko na mamuhay Php600K a year.  So with your suggestion of x 25, that would be Php15M.  With that,  I think your x25 is a sound, albeit conservative, model. 

Ok ba sa Australia?   Mga magkano pasahod dyan on average?

• MRROUGHSEX likes this

#27 MRROUGHSEX

MRROUGHSEX

Lover

• (07) Avid Member
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:35 PM

With regards to "pasahod" dito sa Australia, well it depends on the type of job you do and the area where you work, but according to Wikipedia "The latest release shows that the median gross household income in 2013–14 was $80,704, and the average of all households was $107,276.", http://en.wikipedia....and_New_Zealand

Personally, I love it here but I can't compare it with any other country other than Singapore for I work there for a couple of years before moving here. Between Singapore and Australia, I would still live in Australia. But I haven't had the opportunity to live and work in Europe nor North America nor any other parts of the world so I don't have a way to compare it with.

Ganda pala dyan!

#28 JohannBeckham

JohannBeckham

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:06 PM

Oo, highly recommended ko ang Australia pra sa mga gustong mag abroad. Mataas ang pasahod, health care is free, education is free for primary & secondary and college fees pwedeng study now pay later. You can also apply for dual citizenship after 4 years as a permanent resident. Nung nsa Singapore ako, napakahirap mag apply ng permanent resident visa pero nag apply ako ng permanent resident visa dito while still working in Singapore and I got approve after few months. 

Ganda pala dyan!

• MRROUGHSEX likes this

#29 PenetrayShawn

PenetrayShawn

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:12 PM

for living it would be provinces in the philippines. low cost of living and healthy food is easily available. for the moneymaking part, you really just need a good internet connection and a career where you can work remotely. dumadami ang mga careers na internet based if you know where to look. i think acquiring skills would be better. don't get into selling things because that market can get clogged fast especially sa mga tulad ng essential oils

#30 traveler1207

traveler1207

Experienced

• (04) Casual
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:24 AM

Where do I start in becoming financially independent? Please message me. I do not want to work for a company if I have a choice.

#31 neville

neville

Ngarag Na Naman

• Diyosa
  • 10,029 posts
  • Interests:reading, vegetarianism, meditation, art, travelling, daydreaming, writing

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:20 AM

Where do I start in becoming financially independent? Please message me. I do not want to work for a company if I have a choice.

The thread "Financial Planning" in this section talks about a member's journey from debt to investing to eventual financial independence.

If you do not mind the backreading, you might find something worth knowing. There is no black and white principle followed. The answers are all based on the posters' real-life experience.

#32 JohannBeckham

JohannBeckham

Cutie

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 June 2019 - 02:00 PM

I got three words for you, High Savings Rate! That's the key. Read this article that change my life positively towards financial independence https://www.mrmoneym...rly-retirement/

Those in the F.I.R.E. (Financial Independence, Retire Early) movement, a lot of us save and invest 50% atleast of my income and have it invested in assets such as Index Funds, Real Estate or into a business.

Using the Trinity study's 4% rule, if you have investment amounting to 25x your yearly expenses, then you my friend will no longer need to work for money, exchanging your time and life energy for salary. You'll be FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users