Work Hard, Or Work Smart?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Work smart

maraming nagpapakahirap yun naman e may mas madaling paraan

gagawa ng data analysis, mano mano ang bilang sa excel. hindi gumamit ng formulas, etc...

plus kung araw araw mong ginagawa, mag macro ka nalang!

ang gusto e kung nakikita ni boss na may ginagawa, OT pa ng OT.kaya naman hanggang uwian matapos.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Not to throw shade at the 4 hour workweek and similar-minded books/ideas, but I've noticed that recently people have been misinterpreting the term working smart, or confusing it with sheer laziness. I've spoken with a few friends, employees, and random people and here are some of the main points that have been raised, marami pa iba, pero ito pinaka bothering for me. Pa-rant lang ako, nakaka-trigger e:

1. I've been working for 10 yrs with company A and I feel like I haven't made any progress. Siguro better if I just look for work that can help me pursue my passion.

- Misunderstood ang passion, and highly overrated. "Work on what you love, so you'll never work a day in your life (or something to that effect)." question ko is bakit may bad rep ang working in general, be it smart or hard? Anong masama sa pagtratrabaho? I think the more relevant problem is finding no fulfillment in what you're working on. If that's the case then by all means, leave. Pero sana balanced lang rin. Some people work 40 to 60 hour weeks, but realistically, how much of that is really spent on actual work? based on stats that i see from our employees, more than 60% of browsing time is spent on social media. I decided not to block it because i really think that people should be given the freedom, but man, if you're planning to spend it on social media, how will you ever find whatever is most fulfilling for you? Of course maraming arguments, and i do agree that with some careers it's harder to make a living off of your passion, but everything takes time to master. For me working smart, is working hard on the things that matter and picking your battles. I personally spend 50 to 55 hours a week, pero I'm not expecting everyone to work like that Back when I was in corporate, i worked 40 hours a week, but realistically, i was done with the week's deliverables in 20 or 30 hrs, depending on season. the rest i spent researching on what i wanted to do next. Eitherway, I consider that working smart pa rin. Some people consider that working hard. ang gulo ko. ewan.

2. My boss is horrible. Better if I can start my own business, and be my own boss.

- Isa pa to. I run a small consulting business that started when I helped out friends to compute for financial projections for their businesses. One thing that I ask is why they want to start their business, and this has been a recurring theme. Most of these people I request them to stop and I give them back their money. Here's what I tell them: you have to understand that if you are your own boss, then you'll start to understand why your current boss is so hard on you. I'm betting that if you really started your own business and you are accountable, then you'll be an even stricter boss. If you want your business to succeed, then you have to be accountable to yourself. Tingin mo magproposper business mo kung 60% of the time, nagbbrowse ka lang ng facebook and not doing the actual work? Which brings me to:

3. I feel like I've been putting the work in, but I haven't really progressed or have been recognized.

- have you? deep in your heart, do you believe that you've really worked as efficiently as you could? Not trying to antagonize anyone, but I feel like people confuse "busy-busy-han" with actual work. Have you been working on optimizing your processes para mas madali/mabilis mo magawa trabaho mo? have you been working on improving yourself to open up other avenues for you? Some people claim to have been putting in the work, but have just been repeatedly banging their heads into their desks or mindlessly going through the motions.

Regarding actual stance, working smart (properly) is the way to go, for me. (with caveat at the end)

Recently, I spoke with a friend of mine when he asked whether or not to hire a person with great credentials but gave off red flags with "katamaran." For me, okay to hire people who are tamad, if you can harness it. Because the proper "tamad" person will get the job done in less time, or find ways to get it done as soon as he can so he can go back to whatever he/she was doing. I should know, I'm the same way. BUT if you really want to level up and compete at high levels, then you really REALLY have to put in the work. Parang RPG lang yan, there are ways to level up faster/grind faster, but the fact of the matter is, you will have to do it. It's just a matter of knowing the efficient way to go about it. then again, not everyone wants to level up, and that's perfectly fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

work smarter

sweldo ko 50k a mmonth

pero kaayaa ko kummitaa ng 20k a day sa mgaa sidelines from working smaart

aang problema ko . nagigignmg greedy ako at nagiging swapaang

haay

tuloy ubos laahat

i need to work smarter. dati kaaya ko kumita 1m a daay

ngayon kaahit 1.20 at 1.30 payout hindi kaaya..

hay i need to be smaarter

work smarter

• Winner! (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...