The Sun Complaint Thread

grovel

sa sun isang tawag ka lang sulit na sulit ang bayad ko na 350 per month w free text na 250 to other network tou it may not be perfect at least

sulit sya compared to globe and smart sa mahal kaya ng telecom expenses now a days its very praktical and today marami na rin naka sun kaya

sugod mga kapatid :)

i agree sulit nga talaga ang sun... kaya lang mas ok kung dagdagan pa nila coverage ng signal nila. ok nga pag nasa city ka, pero pag napunta ka sa probinsiya nawawalan na ng signal.

then may mga times na hindi ka makatawag. bad trip pag kailangan mong tawagan emergency tapos sasabihin cannot be reach daw kahit nasa city rin ang tatawagan mo. lalo na pag gabi ang hirap tumawag. sana gawan nila ng paraan ito.

okay sana ang sun sa sulit na mga promos nila. kaso, more than 50% of the time late dumadating yung text, as in hours late, hindi lang minutes. so sayang ang text, nangyayari tumatawag ka na lang just to ask kung - nareceive mo ba text ko? - tapos: ha, nagtext ka ba? - kanina pa kaya... haaaay sun.

Just a quick reply... SUN is good as a secondary phone for those who can afford. It is good to call other SUN subscribers. It really depends on your needs. It is good pang pamilya or for business na may mga nasa field (except to those who are outside MM wherein poor signal is expected). Not reliable to call to and from other network but good within SUN network only. I hate texting since I drive most of the time and its good to have SUN to SUN unlimited calls kasi I dont need to text. I subscribed to their plan 900 (with 2 free phones). So far i am satisfied maybe because I didnt expect it to be as good as globe or smart and because it is just my secondary phone to keep in touch with my wife. I have experienced improvements with their signal hence, it shows that they are doing good.

Ang ayaw ko lang dito ay ang daming nakikipag kilala, nagtetext ng hi/hello at nagmimiss call na SUN subscribers din palibhasa naka unlimited. Kainis kasi baka pagdudahan ako ng misis ko. Kaya nga dalawa phone ko eh... isa para kay misis lang. Yung isa para sa iba...hehehe!!! Peace!

• 5 weeks later...

Dati maganda ang Sun for secondary phone pero ngayon ang dami nilang promos na pinakikinabangan ng todo ng subscribers nila which made Smart and Globe follow suit (i.e. the plan wherein you get 3 or 2 cp) now they also had this easy post paid plan which made it much easier for those who want to avail of their postpaid plans as you know the hassles of trying to avail of a postpaid plan (stringent requirements and of course the income level comes into the picture as well). Malaki talaga ang improvement signal nila the past years..

Been a Sun plan 1000 sunscriber since 2004. I'm in Manila and until now the signal in our ground floor is very weak. You have to put the Sun Cel at the 2nd floor to receive messages or calls.

I always complain and they said that it will improve. Until now the signal is still weak.

The reason why I maintain it was lower Roaming rates when I go to Asian Countries and the USA.

I also converted the 350 out of the plan 1000 to unlimited call and text to contact friends who were also Sun subscribers.

• 4 weeks later...

As a subscriber of Sun, we expect good service. Actually that is a given especially in the service industry. We cannot deny the fact that many Sun users were enticed to use Sun because of its low rates, virtually free texting and unlimited calls.

However, I have yet to meet a Sun user who does not have anything to complain about Sun. Common complaints are:

- hard to connect

- worst reception among local networks

- failure to send sms despite the indication in the phone that the message was sent successfully

The Sun provider can always argue, that the signal depends on your locality. Yes that is true, but when a customer decides to use your sim card, you sonavabitch Sun profit greedy people, that means they expect good service all the time. Otherwise, why waste their time on your service?

If you say, you can't get the honey without the flies, then upgrade your equipment and charge commensurately. Why is it that despite your promo efforts, Globe and Smart continue to dominate the local industry?

I think this company has been shortchanging the Filipino people by hiding it under the cloak of 24/7 free text or call. Sun has the obligation to upgrade its reception/signal to provide better service to its subscribers, much the same way that butcher shops or rice retailers are expected to give the right weight in their weighing scales when customes buy from them. Sun is shortchanging its subscribers! To me, it's like a market vendor who sells food using a wrongly calibrated weighting scale, and the vendor doesn't care!

How good is that free or unlimited text or call if you cannot get your sms across to the recipient or hear each other clearly? I can imagine the number of fooled customers especially in relationships, to have quarreled simply because the other party thought the other party didn't send a message or the like; or some important deals or happenings missed because th person can't be contacted.

So is Sun a corporate scam? You decide. But I'm throwing my sim away. As for the Sun executives, I believe in karma. I'm sure, if not now later, one of their family members is seriously ill. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Just got a Sun sim to try again their services after I disposed off my sun sim about 2 years ago.

What can I say, it took me about 5 - 10 redials before my call is connected and the reception wasn't that clear.

The recorded voice keep on telling me "Circuit is busy . . . blah blah. . . " :blink:

Anyway, I'm still going to keep my sun sim hoping that their services will improve in the future and besides this is my third sim after globe and smart. :upside:

• 2 weeks later...

Ang gastos ko sa Sun prepaid is P150 pero month, unlimited txt with 4hrs. free voice call. Hindi na masama considering isang weeks lang sa smart ang 150 mo. Nakakatxt naman at nakakatawag kaso dapat lagi kang magre-retry ng magretry, dito sa Sun napapatunayan yung kasabihan na try and try until you suceed. lol :D

Happy user ako ng sun. kahit na mahirap tumawag ay ok lang. bili ka lang 150 text unlimited monthly at maganda na ang connection mo sa buhay. mura na yon sa ngayon.

Warning lang sa SUN. Sana matapatan ninyo yung PLDT wireless prepaid kasi balita ko naglilipatan na ang sun users sa pldt wireless prepaid.

• 4 weeks later...
Ang gastos ko sa Sun prepaid is P150 pero month, unlimited txt with 4hrs. free voice call. Hindi na masama considering isang weeks lang sa smart ang 150 mo. Nakakatxt naman at nakakatawag kaso dapat lagi kang magre-retry ng magretry, dito sa Sun napapatunayan yung kasabihan na try and try until you suceed. lol :D

Have been a Sun user since 2006 and very happy ako! Nasubukan ko na lahat, particularly Globe na since 1995 pa ako subscriber and I must say malaki naging savings ko. Kaya from Plan 1000 binabaan ko na to Plan 500 Globe plan ko. Plus the 350 for the Sun line, 850 na lang phone bill ko per month even though I use the phone more often.

I don't think the PLDT Landline Plus will compete with Sun kasi 700++ versus 350, mas tipid pa rin Sun.

I subscribed to their wireless broadband and am very satisfied so far. Mas mabilis sa Globe and Smart and a lot cheaper pa! Kaya lang Metro Manila pa lang.

• 2 weeks later...

Medyo weird yung complaint ko sa Sun.

Dahil sa unlimited calls and texts ng network nito, ineexpect ng mga tao na sulitin mo palagi.

Pasensya na po, averse ako sa constant communication. I need space. :rolleyes:

Kaya Globe na lang muna ako para may excuse. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sa totoo lang, a mobile phone is not a need. Stress lang ang dulot nito. <_<

• 2 weeks later...