The Sun Complaint Thread

grovel

Hi guys.

Am planning on getting a plan from Sun cellular. Meron kasi silang Sun instant messenger and of course unlimited texting. I know na pangit ang signal nila, lalo na sa loob ng bahay and outside Metro Manila. Any feedback regarding their international roaming capabilities?

Their International roaming is ok. since their partner in other country are large telecom company the signal is good. but If you plan to used it outside of City, that where problem start coz they don't have site in between city. So if your riding in convoy and got lost you cannot be contacted due to no site.

@alcidua

sir have you tried it personally? when i went to the states kasi naka roaming ang globe ko. yung sa gf ko prepaid ang pangit ng tracking ng expenses. nawawala na lang load mo for no apparent reason. kung sun at least cingular ang ka partner nila sa states, which is probably has the biggest network there so ok lang dapat.

wait a few more time.. Sun Cellular has made some big bold move pirating some Smart engrs (mostly middle management and technical experts). Before the end the year, at least 3 more engrs will be joining Sun.

Let's see 3 to 5 five years from now..

good news yan bro..sana makapag-antay pa other subscribers. hehehe.

dito kasi sa south, northern mindanao, sun signal is very poor. u have a good 5bar pero napuputol pa rin

in a span of 5 minutes tapos pahirapan na maka reconnect kahit very good signal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok naman service nila sofar, i was one of the pioneers in subscribing to them, i got 2 sim cards postpaid with no phone thinking na if pangit service i can just cancel the account with minimal damage, if sim lang kasi, 1 year ka lang nakalock sa kanila while pag meron free phone 2 years, sayang! ive been with them for like almost 4 years na yata yon, sana meron ako 2 extra phones hehehehe... i work in the heart of makati and i stay sa 37th floor of a bldg, hirap sa signal duon kaya i got a globe prepaid to help my communication needs. pero once outside, never had a problem naman, di rin ako bumabiyahe sa provinces kaya it suits me fine naman. ok yung unlimited txt at calls din, sulit naman although it cutoffs pag 1hour mo na kausap, pero madali naman maka connect ulit

• 4 weeks later...

ok. update lang. i got a sun line for my gf. she's in chicago right now. So far walang problem sya sa signal. ako dito ang meron. naka tie-up sila sa cingular dun kaya walang problem sa signal. sulit pa rin naman kasi at least i have unlimited texting, may sun instant messenger, so constant ang communication.

When it comes to value,,, ok talaga ang sun,, nag improve na ang network nila from recent years,,, and may balita ako na continue ang pag dagdag ng coverage nila sa network,, anyway for consumer like us,, its good if sun make it to the level of competition against globe and smart then it will surely lower the consumer rates of these giant operators!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
no comment....im using it right now...nobody's calling/texting me haaaaaay

hahahahahaha!

Sun Cellular has this idiotic customer service concept. My cell was PUK locked. I called up customer service asking for the PUK number. They asked me to call using the sim that was PUK locked to confirm my identity. :blink:

and another hahahaha! what happened when you told them about this? that you cannot make another call nga using that card because its PUK locked?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

sa sun isang tawag ka lang sulit na sulit ang bayad ko na 350 per month w free text na 250 to other network tou it may not be perfect at least

sulit sya compared to globe and smart sa mahal kaya ng telecom expenses now a days its very praktical and today marami na rin naka sun kaya

sugod mga kapatid :)