asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,385 posts
  • Interests:pissing off sneaky sinful ones
    who change my profile info
    without my consent

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:15 AM

kung malapit ako sa binondo before dark, i would always pass at Sincerity (Cavajal Street) and order
their decades-famous fried chicken. the meat is so tender and it's been soaked to a secret mix before cooking.
their menu items are probably cooked in the old Fookien way, or at least as i remember the tastes.
(OT) their oyster cake is hardly a pulutan but i would recommend you to order it as well kung nandun ka na rin lang.

again, what's delicious for me may turn out to be a no-no for the angel. ok lang, mas marami akong makakain. hehehe.

anyway, if i'm not in the binondo vicinity pwede na rin ang in-house chicken ng club.

If ever I get to be in the Binondo area (especially on sundays) ..... one of my favorite dishes to bring to the KTV clubs afterwards are those Kikiam type thingys one can buy at Shin Tong Yong (if Im not mistaken, its along Salazar St.) Those "kikiam" make great pulutan and some angels will order rice to use those as viands.

If you know your angel is of the adventurous type (when it comes to food) .... one can always buy some fried froglegs or steamed eel with tausi in Ying Ying teahouse.

#22 mellowcat

mellowcat

Wooer

• (05) Regular
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:36 AM

the ktv clubs i frequent prohibits bringing in food much more pulutan type for your self ot even for your angels. buti sa pinupuntahan nyo payayag sila.

#23 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,385 posts
    without my consent

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

the ktv clubs i frequent prohibits bringing in food much more pulutan type for your self ot even for your angels. buti sa pinupuntahan nyo payayag sila.

case to case or guest to guest basis ...... guess we were some of the lucky ones. (as far as my homebase is concerned)

In club OBSSESSION (homebase # 2) they are not so strict when it comes to bringing of foods. (so long as you partner an angel)

----------------------------

This may come as a rarity, but there are some angels that would request for KIMCHI. (which can be brought in any korean grocery and in some cases the local grocery) Though personally, they hardly fit being a "stand alone" pulutan, they would go great nonetheless if accompanied by meat dishes.

The drawback is the pungent aroma that some of the other angels would complain about it.

Edited by asmodeus, 05 October 2009 - 10:47 AM.

#24 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2,837 posts
  • Interests:movies, food

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:06 AM

pag oldtimer ka na sa favorite club mo, there's a big possibility you can convince the management to waive your food charge. times are hard, and it's harder to keep regular clients, many clubs (even strict ones like stardust) nowadays give in to small requests like that. you may not be aware of it, but your fm might be waiving that for his/her old clients.

although most clubs have fried noodles in their menu, once in a while you'll see some clients bringing in their own. i did that in Obsession: i bought bihon from Conching's and the girls found it ok, although i heard that Obsession's pancit bihon is quite tasty too. chami of Lido (West Avenue) is also great to fill in your belly before drinking. come to think of it, it's also a great filler after drinking. hahaha

TRIVIA: some people call any noodle pancit. be it pancit, lomi, bihon, even spaghetti.

Edited by remoteworld, 05 October 2009 - 11:23 AM.

#25 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:36 AM

If you know your angel is of the adventurous type (when it comes to food) .... one can always buy some fried froglegs or steamed eel with tausi in Ying Ying teahouse.

in my experience, very few are adventurous. there's a beerhouse at the back of bdo timog whose menu include the ff:
sawa, bayawak, cobra, usa, baboy ramo, etc. the waiter will ask you if you want it adobo or fried.

best usa (deer meat) for me is still from apo duwaling's of timog (i forgot it's new name). i always love them tender

#26 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,385 posts
    without my consent

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:50 AM

in my experience, very few are adventurous. there's a beerhouse at the back of bdo timog whose menu include the ff:
sawa, bayawak, cobra, usa, baboy ramo, etc. the waiter will ask you if you want it adobo or fried.

best usa (deer meat) for me is still from apo duwaling's of timog (i forgot it's new name). i always love them tender

hmmmmmmm I should check this place out ..... sounds interesting.

I've met a couple of adventurous angels over the years (but true, they come too few in between). the most recent ones were angels SHANE and BIANCA of the Castle. After I related to them the story of our Food Trip in the Binondo area (we dined on crocodile and ostrich meat). They became quite curious and were requesting me to bring them some.

------------------------

The QUICK TOSS can also be considered an angel with an adventurous palate, except for raw dishes like sashimi, although she does partake of kilawin.

#27 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

many exotic meats (including lamb) can be bought at hi-top supermarket (quezon ave.) meat section. i didn't happen to be the 'cooking' type, 'eating' type lang ako and for me it's easier to buy cooked foods. but some of my drinking buddies (a.k.a. neighbors) prefer to cook pulutans especially sisig -- now you have an idea how much i weigh!

for those on tight budget, there's plenty of inexpensive pulutan at Ihaw-Balot Plaza (Sct. Borromeo St, back of Sly's): tuna belly, pusit, panga, bar-b-que, ... it used to be the watering hole of actors back in the 80's and 90's when Magnatech (film editing building infront of Ihaw-Balot) was still in business.

Edited by remoteworld, 05 October 2009 - 04:59 PM.

#28 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,385 posts
    without my consent

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:50 PM

for those on tight budget, there's plenty of inexpensive pulutan at Ihaw-Balot Plaza (Sct. Borromeo St, back of Sly's): tuna belly, pusit, panga, bar-b-que, ... it used to be the watering hole of actors back in the 80's and 90's when Magnatech (film editing building infront of Ihaw-Balot) was still in business.

Is the BBQ being sold at IBP really good ????? I've been wanting to bring some BBQ to my fave hangouts but couldn't find BBQ thats comparable with the ones that Sir HOPIA has been bringing.

#29 remoteworld

remoteworld

Bye bye KTV

• Ambassador
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:00 AM

Is the BBQ being sold at IBP really good ????? I've been wanting to bring some BBQ to my fave hangouts but couldn't find BBQ thats comparable with the ones that Sir HOPIA has been bringing.

too bad my memory span of food tastes is quite short. it's been so long i've forgotten what sir hmp bbq's taste was like. that makes comparing difficult. i suggest you buy a few sticks then judge it yourself. the place is a beerhouse so expect the food preparation to be 'masculine': no dainty floral carrots or garnishings on the side of plate, and the sauces are quite thick. nevertheless, those foods have to be tried and tasted. try the cook's special: tuna belly

#30 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,385 posts
    without my consent

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:27 AM

too bad my memory span of food tastes is quite short. it's been so long i've forgotten what sir hmp bbq's taste was like. that makes comparing difficult. i suggest you buy a few sticks then judge it yourself. the place is a beerhouse so expect the food preparation to be 'masculine': no dainty floral carrots or garnishings on the side of plate, and the sauces are quite thick. nevertheless, those foods have to be tried and tasted. try the cook's special: tuna belly

I plan to do that soon since the sushi place where I frequent my takeouts is literally a very short walking distance away ..... Usually the taste is more important for me (and the angels) so its not completely neccessary to have it nicely prepared (visual wise)

Although the previously mentioned "Pineapple Rice" ....... because of its surprising presentation has somewhat illicited some "WOWS" from the angels.

-------------------------------

I read good reviews about the tuna belly of IBP in some other thread. And I think my HOMEBASE does not serve grilled tuna belly (I think lang) so that might be a good pulutan to bring over too. 

Edited by asmodeus, 06 October 2009 - 09:27 AM.

#31 Salawahan

Salawahan

Another ONE

• (10) Super Poster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,870 posts
  • Interests:Girls, girls, girls, and still more girls

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

If ever I get to be in the Binondo area (especially on sundays) ..... one of my favorite dishes to bring to the KTV clubs afterwards are those Kikiam type thingys one can buy at Shin Tong Yong (if Im not mistaken, its along Salazar St.) Those "kikiam" make great pulutan and some angels will order rice to use those as viands.

When I'm in Binondo area, I'm usually on the go... So I choose to buy foods from fast serving food establishments. More often, I order foods or pulutans in the ONGPIN ESKENITA. I always order SALT N PEPPER FROGLEGS. Sometimes I order BEEF LITID with OYSTER SAUCE. Ask them to add chili peppers to make it spicy.

#32 Salawahan

Salawahan

Another ONE

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:44 AM

the first few times I brought in sushi to the CASTLE ..... some angels were like "ewwww !! anu yan? hilaw?" and they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. After continuously bringing said food over a short period, some angels somehow developed a slight curiosity for it. Though some, up to this day would not want to eat raw fish. (the quick toss being one of them) ..... some have already taken a fancy for them and are actually requesting that I bring more.

If your angel is on another level when it comes to SUSHIs, SASHIMIs, and MAKIs... Try to bring them the CRAZY ROLLS from TEMPURA. They are not the usual MAKIs that we can order from all the Jap restos. But I like the taste. Consider also their WASABI EBI TEMPURA... heavy on the stomach yet very delicious.

#33 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,385 posts
    without my consent

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:02 AM

If your angel is on another level when it comes to SUSHIs, SASHIMIs, and MAKIs... Try to bring them the CRAZY ROLLS from TEMPURA. They are not the usual MAKIs that we can order from all the Jap restos. But I like the taste. Consider also their WASABI EBI TEMPURA... heavy on the stomach yet very delicious.

another fine place to buy those Fusion type of sushi rolls would be the Japanese Inspired resto called OMAKASE which is at the Ground Level of the IL TERRAZO Bldg. along Tomas Morato. I did bring some rolls along for pulutan once and the angels were thrilled at the designs of the rolls.

The drawback here is that most of the rolls do come at a heftier price.

Edited by asmodeus, 06 October 2009 - 11:05 AM.

#34 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5,288 posts
  • Interests:1984 is NOW
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:47 PM

Another good place to buy pizza is Sandy's pizza located across the Mann Hann located along J. Abad Santos in San Juan.

For BBQ, along Cordillera St., near Retiro, just behind the building where Diayamondo Spa is located.

#35 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,385 posts
    without my consent

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:56 PM

Another good place to buy pizza is Sandy's pizza located across the Mann Hann located along J. Abad Santos in San Juan.

For BBQ, along Cordillera St., near Retiro, just behind the building where Diayamondo Spa is located.

Up to what time is this BBQ place open ???

#36 TheSmilingBandit

TheSmilingBandit

The End of Innocence

• 5,288 posts
  • Interests:1984 is NOW
    Big Brother Is Watching

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

Up to what time is this BBQ place open ???

Normally between 11am to 6pm.

#37 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,385 posts
    without my consent

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:09 PM

Normally between 11am to 6pm.

Shucks ...... 6:00pm is a bit too early since I usually leave my place around 7:00pm to 8:00pm. That would make it difficult to bring to my fave ktv hangouts.

#38 Salawahan

Salawahan

Another ONE

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:20 PM

Shucks ...... 6:00pm is a bit too early since I usually leave my place around 7:00pm to 8:00pm. That would make it difficult to bring to my fave ktv hangouts.

Maybe you wanna try to drive along Sct. Alcaraz cor. Matutum st. I buy my barbecues there. They grill at the side of the street and they've been grilling for a decade or so already. I'm sure they run out of barbecues after 6pm. Though their barbecues are also in demand.

#39 asmodeus

asmodeus

CHEEERS !!!

• Ambassador
  • 18,385 posts
    without my consent

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:27 PM

Maybe you wanna try to drive along Sct. Alcaraz cor. Matutum st. I buy my barbecues there. They grill at the side of the street and they've been grilling for a decade or so already. I'm sure they run out of barbecues after 6pm. Though their barbecues are also in demand.

Time to bring out my street map. hehehehehe

During the time that I was still a regular guest at Club CATWALK, I frequent Grill Queen for BBQs ...... Prices then for each stick is around 10 pesos. So a 200 to 300 peso budget for pulutan will give me plenty of BBQs to chew on.  :thumbsupsmiley:

(Dont know the price for their BBQs nowadays)

Edited by asmodeus, 06 October 2009 - 01:28 PM.

#40 Salawahan

Salawahan

Another ONE

• (10) Super Poster
  • 4,870 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:36 PM

Time to bring out my street map. hehehehehe

During the time that I was still a regular guest at Club CATWALK, I frequent Grill Queen for BBQs ...... Prices then for each stick is around 10 pesos. So a 200 to 300 peso budget for pulutan will give me plenty of BBQs to chew on.  :thumbsupsmiley:

(Dont know the price for their BBQs nowadays)

The barbecue stand is just a walking distance from where TheSmilingBandit buys his BARBECUES. Its just 3 or 4 blocks away. If you are coming from Retiro cor. Cordillera (going to Del Monte), turn right on the 2nd block (first block is Malaya St., second block is Sct Alcaraz St.) drive by and on the next block you can see on your left the grill stand.

Their barbecues are currently 13 pesos per stick.

Edited by Salawahan, 06 October 2009 - 01:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users