Timing Belt Vs Timing Chain Vs Timing Gear

When facing the engine, the timing belt is located at the left side of the engine. The cover of the timing belt is located beside the valve cover.

Freelance mechanics usually charge between 1,200-1,500. The cost of a timing belt varies from car to car but, I think, the price range of the timing belt is between 1,200 and 2,000.

When I had mine replaced, it took only 45 minutes because 2 mechanics were doing it, so that would be around an hour and a half if only one mechanic replaced your timing belt.

thank you very much for the information you share...thank you :)

again maraming salamat sa lahat na nagresponse/reply sa mga tanong ko ..thank you... sa january pa ipapaayos ung car so I'll post it here nalang after the repair to share din how much it cost us and how long it took to replace the belt... again thank you very much:)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you have your timing belt checked. If it has cracks, you should have it replaced immediately because you never know when it might break. When it breaks, so will your engine. Normally, it is replaced after the first 100,000 kilometers of your car's mileage then every succeeding 50,000 kilometers.

again thank you for this information...nasa 90,000Km na ung mileage..also 2nd owner na kami dun sa car and 8yrs na sa amin...once a week lang namin nagagamit ung car,tuwing may lakad/gala/pasyal lang ,regular maintenance lang is change oil/oil filter every year..0nce palang namin napalitan ung battery.tuwing january ang maintenance namin, so I was planning na talaga pa change ung timing belt this coming year, kaya nag inquire na ako dito sa forum para makakuha ng tips and cost just incase para atleast kahit paano eh may idea na pagpinaayos na... the rest will follow pero one at a time ... suspension,radiator,clutch and brake... at baka mabigla sa gastos...basta thank you talaga for the information you share..tnx :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...