Men Doing House Chores- Sexy

146 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find men doing house chores sexy?

• yes
    • no

Men doing chores sexy, poll finds

Misty Harris, Canwest News Service

Published: Saturday, February 16, 2008

Watching a man perform housework can be as potent an aphrodisiac as oysters and George Clooney movies.

In a poll of 1,300 moms, Parenting Magazine found fully 15 per cent were wooed into the mood by "choreplay" -- that is, seeing their partner pitch in around the house. In simplest terms, women give kisses to men who do dishes.

"I think most men aren't aware of how powerful these efforts can be," says Joy Davidson, a New York-based sex therapist.

Email to a friend

Printer friendly

Font:****"If you said, 'By increasing your help with daily chores by 30 per cent, you'll increase your sex frequency by 50 per cent,' how many men would dismiss that? Probably not too many."

The results of the online survey are lent scientific support by a recently published study in the American Journal of Public Health that showed a "significant association" between a husband's contributions to domestic chores and his wife's emotional health. Similarly, a 2006 study by a pair of U.S. sociologists found husbands who help around the house are more attractive to their wives.

Jasmin Sykes, who has been married two years, says when her husband helps out with the chores -- which she notes is often -- the "significant boost" it gives to their sex life is far greater than when he buys her flowers or makes other material gestures.

"Just the fact that he would do something to ease the load is a huge turn-on," says Sykes, who lives in Edmonton with her hubby and toddler. "I don't think that physically seeing him do housework turns me on necessarily, but the feeling of love and relief I get afterwards definitely does it for me."

Samantha Lavin, who has been married nearly 17 years, says that her spouse's contribution to household tasks has diminished such that when he does make a special effort, it's an "endearing" and highly noticeable event.

"When my husband took down the Christmas decorations this year -- something he hadn't done since we moved to Canada (in 2003) -- it was very thrilling," says Lavin, laughing. The Sherwood Park, Alta., woman is teaching her two sons that helping out with domestic chores is one of the best ways to impress a girl.

Edited by hottlipss

one of the most endearing qualities about my hubby is that he helps me out around the house

the fact that na kahit pagod siya from work, ako pa din ang iniisip niya and doesn't devalue my role

as a stay-at-home mom...akala kasi nang mga ibang asawa, we just sit around the house

my hubby never makes me feel that way. i don't have to tell him how bad my day was...

as soon as he gets home, he gives me a break from our kids by taking them off my hands.

he does the dishes after our dinner kasi pagod na daw akong magluto

he does chores that he thinks "mabibigat" for me...like mopping the floor, cleaning the bathrooms

on saturday mornings he serves me and the kids breakfast in bed and lets me sleeps in while

he watches saturday morning cartoons with our kids

the mere fact na ayaw niyang nakikitang nahihirapan o naii-stress ako makes me love him even more

and want to serve ...in and out of bed

kaya naman kahit he's always deployed yung loyalty at commitment ko sa kanya hindi nagwi-waiver

alam ko na walang hihigit sa pagmamahal niya

Edited by hottlipss

there is no problem if a husband is helping around the household chores. Many women think its a sexy thing for them. When I am somewhere around the globe many or most of men are taking their children to school mas madaming babae na in inlove sa iyo they dont care married, separated or single ka. They just found it to sexy.

Most women like men cooking a good hearty meal for them.......

A stay-at-home mom is one of the hardest jobs in the world. The job has a multi-disciplinary requirement for a person to be good at it. Psychologist, diplomat, a manager with strong skills in resource management, time management, marketing, and project monitoring, teaching skills that can be switched rapidly between disciplines and between difficulty levels within those disciplines, a comedian, and a vamp.

Giving her 75% of your take home pay may not be enough if you tried to hire all those skills to work your home, especially the vamp.

Which is why men should do their share of the donkey work because that would be the easiest for them to do and also because they are already getting a bargain as it is. While we don't have a shortage of household help, I find that helping in the quality control in the laundry and cooking Satuday breakfast, and Sunday lunch or dinner is greatly appreciated. Of course I do the groceries after I get emailed a list of things that are running low.

see, i haven't even seen you and you're already sexy in my book :thumbsupsmiley:

@buttchickick...men look their sexiest in the kitchen...you wouldn't care how the meal tasted...it's the effort and love that went into it

they're deserving of a yummy dessert :P

Edited by hottlipss

In my experiences IT amazes women that I converse with, if I can share discussion/tips/tricks/places/recipes

I can do so because:

1. I cook and I keep doing so

2. I go to the grocery myself ...

3. I read good exchanges in MTC .... just like what we have here

Cheers

I like men who know how to work their way around the kitchen.

I find men who know how to satisfy my appetite, sexy. period.

Men doing chores sexy, poll finds

Misty Harris, Canwest News Service

Published: Saturday, February 16, 2008

Watching a man perform housework can be as potent an aphrodisiac as oysters and George Clooney movies.

In a poll of 1,300 moms, Parenting Magazine found fully 15 per cent were wooed into the mood by "choreplay" -- that is, seeing their partner pitch in around the house. In simplest terms, women give kisses to men who do dishes.

"I think most men aren't aware of how powerful these efforts can be," says Joy Davidson, a New York-based sex therapist.

Email to a friend

Printer friendly

Font:****"If you said, 'By increasing your help with daily chores by 30 per cent, you'll increase your sex frequency by 50 per cent,' how many men would dismiss that? Probably not too many."

The results of the online survey are lent scientific support by a recently published study in the American Journal of Public Health that showed a "significant association" between a husband's contributions to domestic chores and his wife's emotional health. Similarly, a 2006 study by a pair of U.S. sociologists found husbands who help around the house are more attractive to their wives.

Jasmin Sykes, who has been married two years, says when her husband helps out with the chores -- which she notes is often -- the "significant boost" it gives to their sex life is far greater than when he buys her flowers or makes other material gestures.

"Just the fact that he would do something to ease the load is a huge turn-on," says Sykes, who lives in Edmonton with her hubby and toddler. "I don't think that physically seeing him do housework turns me on necessarily, but the feeling of love and relief I get afterwards definitely does it for me."

Samantha Lavin, who has been married nearly 17 years, says that her spouse's contribution to household tasks has diminished such that when he does make a special effort, it's an "endearing" and highly noticeable event.

"When my husband took down the Christmas decorations this year -- something he hadn't done since we moved to Canada (in 2003) -- it was very thrilling," says Lavin, laughing. The Sherwood Park, Alta., woman is teaching her two sons that helping out with domestic chores is one of the best ways to impress a girl.

It never crossed my mind that doing house chores could be attractive to women, I love doing house chores, cause thats the best way to keep track of my stuff. I hate it when somone else puts my stuff away and make me wonder where it went. it was a trainig when i lived in the states to do things myself when i was living alone.

@buttchickick...men look their sexiest in the kitchen...you wouldn't care how the meal tasted...it's the effort and love that went into it

they're deserving of a yummy dessert :P

Correct. There's even a study that says men who help in the house get more sex as compared to those who don't. So men, what are you waiting for? :P

In my experiences IT amazes women that I converse with, if I can share discussion/tips/tricks/places/recipes

I can do so because:

1. I cook and I keep doing so

2. I go to the grocery myself ...

3. I read good exchanges in MTC .... just like what we have here

When a man is willing to step up to the plate (and wash it for us :P), we tend to see you in a different light. It's not that you're domesticated or something (which is absolutely manly for me atleast) but because men like these recognize the fact that things have to be done and that they can do it independently without relying on us women.

Well, that's nice to know. :blush: I never thought women find it sexy. :lol: In fact, I don't think a man covered in just boxers and sweat because of say, he's pressing his clothes is sexy at all. HaHaHa! In fact, if chance upon me looking like that... I might shy away from you. Unless you're someone I really, really know. :P

Guest Dobermaxx

I cook, I clean, I do laundry, I sew, I vacuum and I do it all with a smile. :)

The only things I won't do are windows and ironing cuz I suck at both of them. :P

I cook, I clean, I do laundry, I sew, I vacuum and I do it all with a smile. :)

The only things I won't do are windows and ironing cuz I suck at both of them. :P

wow naman coming from the big dawg himself!!! this is so sweet!

something i wanna share from peyups.com

The perfect man and dishwashing paste

I wanted to make an article about finding a man who knew the difference between dishwashing liquid and dishwashing paste.This idea was borne out of a conversation between me and my best friend, bandmate, shoulder-to-cry-on, barrel-o'-laughs Dex. He was telling me about his preference for dishwashing paste over liquid. He discovered that scrubbing and scraping pots, pans, plates, and glasses with a scouring pad and paste was far more psychologically satisfying than doing the dishes with a sponge soaked with water-saturated liquid cleanser. [Notwithstanding the performance of both cleaning productsIm sure both are capable enough to get the grime out.] Upon agreeing with his observation, it hit me. I would very much like a man who would be able to choose between dishwashing paste or liquid and live to tell about it, so to speak. In fact, Id be very happy to be married to one.Not because of his ability to do housework. After all, I do want a man and not a maid. More specifically, Id like a man whos familiar and has gone through such mundane everyday processes.Why so? In some way I believe each and every single experience makes the man. Be it a major accomplishment such as closing a big, not to mention profitable business deal to something as simple as tying his own shoes.A man who knows how to sweep or vacuum the floor, make his own bed, heck, even do the laces on his shoes more or less tells me that he knows the concepts ofResponsibility. Independence.

[Cooking, I didn't include. In as much that it is an admirable trait indicating independence and ability in a man, alas the beautiful art of it can begiven enough time and resourceslearned and perfected. Some men even learn how to cook just to impress women and perhaps even incorporate it in foreplay. Thus the absence of this skill from my list. Of course, a man that knows how to cook, not to mention cook well, is a bonusif not a rare find.]A man who can clean his own space, iron his own clothes, do his own laundry, and yes, wash his own dishes could be indications of independence from his parents, and other people, not to mention an indicator of responsibility.These everyday acts declare to the world that, Heres a man who can live on his ownwith or without a partner. He's his own man.Rougher and tougher challenges outside the house can further shape the man but I believe that yes, learning begins, and can even end, at home.Made me rethink about what I really wanted in a man.Gone are the sappy idealisms... the tall, dark, handsome bit. I mean what use have I for a pretty face who may very well turn out to be too vain to let his manicure be spoiled by faucet water and harsh cleansing solutions. Gone too are the "nice, funny, charming..." bit. Heck, what woman does NOT want that?I can't search for Mr. Perfect. It's an impossibility in a world of imperfection populated by imperfect individuals.I want a man made strong by circumstance and trial. With faith, not just religion. With ability, not just bookish knowledge. With silent confidence, not loudmouth arrogance. With street smarts and not just a degree. A sense of humor that laughs even in the darkest of days and occasionally in the face of danger.A man, made "perfect" over time by an imperfect life.Who can handle adversity with much knowhow, passion, and patience as much as he can handle a pile of dishes

yes they are soooooooo sexy and hot,especially if their body is gettin wet while doing the laundry....

hmmm i understand that those living alone outside the country are doing these stuff because they dont have a choice but i would be amazed if a guy here in Manila will do the household chores because they wanted to....that is a big turn on for me.

yes they are soooooooo sexy and hot,especially if their body is gettin wet while doing the laundry....

hmmm i understand that those living alone outside the country are doing these stuff because they dont have a choice but i would be amazed if a guy here in Manila will do the household chores because they wanted to....that is a big turn on for me.

hehe...not as much but i still do...especially cooking...laundry once in a while kasi may washing machine eh...

i dont do much of house chores. i have 2 alalays at home. but sometimes i found my tshirts in dissarrray, i do fix them. i do grocery weekly, a cartful. kaya it took me 2 hours to go around sm. i do clean my car sometimes. and often times i found my kids notebook disorderly so i have no choice but to arrange them. sometimes i wash dishes and my kids and maids laugh at me. i told them that i grew up poor so i know how to work at home. sometimes i try to cook. and mostly i do the schedule of meals to be cook. its hard to be a single parent coz theres so much to do at home and work and less time to guide the kids. minsan sinusubuan ko pa yong 7 yr old na youngest daughter ko. and sometimes i even clean their ears, lalo na yong iba dry ang ear wax nila. and i do enjoy to be their driver when going to school when my schedule permits